PDA

View Full Version : tPF Does your vote matter?

Captain Obvious
01-01-2016, 10:34 PM
YOUR vote, does it make a difference?

Yes, or no.

Poll is not public.

Cigar
01-01-2016, 10:34 PM
Yes

Crepitus
01-01-2016, 10:35 PM
Yes.

iustitia
01-01-2016, 10:36 PM
Absolutely not.

Cigar
01-01-2016, 10:37 PM
Absolutely not.

That's because you're not doing it right ... :laugh: and often enough.

iustitia
01-01-2016, 10:41 PM
That's because you're not doing it right and often enough.

I'm sure once I'm a corpse the DNC will grant me that privilege.

Mister D
01-01-2016, 11:46 PM
Not at all but it could. Plebiscite and referendum, for example, should be more common. Moreover, let communities control their own affairs. Decentralization, localism!

maineman
01-01-2016, 11:50 PM
yes. to not vote is to abdicate all responsibility in governance.

Fagan_the_Pagan
01-02-2016, 12:32 AM
Yes, it does matter, though statistically speaking, not a great deal.

TrueBlue
01-02-2016, 12:53 AM
Yes! Absolutely and Unequivocally!

Tahuyaman
01-02-2016, 01:01 AM
Being a conservative and voting in the Seattle area is almost a drill in futility. In Washington State your vote for president of the US only counts if you vote as a loyal liberal Democrat. Seattle and the surrounding area is arguably the most liberal region in the country.

Some rural counties like the one I live in is much more conservative, but that only impacts local elections and some state congressional positions.

We actually did elect a fairly conservative governor a while back and he survived two recounts, but all of a sudden the Democrats found in their headquarters several boxes of ballots submitted by the homeless population and strangely enough they were all cast for the liberal Democrat who lost the first two legit recounts. A third recount was ordered and amazingly the liberal Democrat finally won.

maineman
01-02-2016, 01:25 AM
Being a conservative and voting in the Seattle area is almost a drill in futility. In Washington State your vote for president of the US only counts if you vote as a loyal liberal Democrat. Seattle and the surrounding area is arguably the most liberal region in the country.

Some rural counties like the one I live in is much more conservative, but that only impacts local elections and some state congressional positions.

We actually did elect a fairly conservative governor a while back and he survived two recounts, but all of a sudden the Democrats found in their headquarters several boxes of ballots submitted by the homeless population and strangely enough they were all cast for the liberal Democrat who lost the first two legit recounts. A third recount was ordered and amazingly the liberal Democrat finally won.

justice prevailed.. Amen.

The Xl
01-02-2016, 01:25 AM
Absolutely not.
This

Tahuyaman
01-02-2016, 01:40 AM
justice prevailed.. Amen.

election fraud is a fact of life in every liberal enclave.

maineman
01-02-2016, 01:51 AM

link? or is this yet another in a long long list of your opinions that you attempt to pawn off as fact?

OP TBed.

Fagan_the_Pagan
01-02-2016, 03:48 AM

link? or is this yet another in a long long list of your opinions that you attempt to pawn off as fact?
And feebly at that.

Peter1469
01-02-2016, 04:19 AM
That's because you're not doing it right ... :laugh: and often enough.

Notice: Thread banned at the request of the thread owner.

Peter1469
01-02-2016, 04:21 AM
Not really. My voting district is blue enough that an independent or even a lukewarm republican has no chance of winning. That applies to my local elections and to Congressional elections. For POTUS we haven't had anyone run for a while who it made a hill of beans as to who won.

PolWatch
01-02-2016, 06:36 AM
My vote counts in local elections only

Chris
01-02-2016, 06:40 AM
Democracy is a fraud and a farce.

Captain Obvious
01-02-2016, 09:38 AM
Democracy is a fraud and a farce.

It's funny too, how easily the masses are manipulated.

Democracy is really no different than any "single party" regime controlled by the elite. The illusion of freedoms and rights are used in place of open brutality.

Adelaide
01-02-2016, 09:56 AM

Tahuyaman banned at request of OP creator.

Chris
01-02-2016, 10:06 AM
It's funny too, how easily the masses are manipulated.

Democracy is really no different than any "single party" regime controlled by the elite. The illusion of freedoms and rights are used in place of open brutality.

Yes, it's just majority rule. It also suffers the same problem corporations do. The government is no different that a bunch of shareholders who only want to see profits and don't care about development.

Ravens Fan
01-02-2016, 10:13 AM
I would say yes, at a local level. I have always felt that my vote means nothing in presidential elections, considering how dark blue Maryland has always been. This time may be different, as my state has turned more purple, thanks to our new Governor who is working hard to be inclusive and bipartisan.

Crepitus
01-02-2016, 01:31 PM
Yes, it's just majority rule. It also suffers the same problem corporations do. The government is no different that a bunch of shareholders who only want to see profits and don't care about development.
Not even really majority rule when you're usually just voting for the lessor of two evils.

Chris
01-02-2016, 02:38 PM
They're all clones of each other, except maybe Trump whose an outlier. There is no lesser of two evils.

I can understand voting at the local level.

Green Arrow
01-02-2016, 03:03 PM
Not in the slightest. It only matters for local elections, anything else it's just a useless gesture. Nobody's vote for president matters. It only marginally matters if you live in a swing state but even then, good luck feeling important.

Our system is a sham.