PDA

View Full Version : Four former Sec.s of State endorse Romney

Akula
09-06-2012, 12:44 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/sep/5/romney-for-recovery/

Condoleezza Rice was secretary of state under President George W. Bush.
James A. Baker was secretary of state under President George H.W. Bush.
George P. Shultz was secretary of state under President Reagan.
Henry A. Kissinger was secretary of state under Presidents Nixon and Ford.

Like the country we have been privileged to serve, we remain fundamentally optimistic about the future. We have endured a financial collapse, a protracted recession, a fiscal crisis that threatens the creditworthiness of the U.S. Government, and polarized politics that makes it ever more difficult to govern. Pundits regularly remind us how other great powers, from Rome to Great Britain, all fell into eclipse.

We reject such pessimism. The United States remains the world’s most powerful and, above all, the most indispensable country — diplomatically, militarily, even economically.

wingrider
09-06-2012, 12:58 AM
good post Akula.. says a lot when 4 SOC s side with Romney.. about 60 days to go watching the dems squirm and then the crying begins

shaarona
09-06-2012, 06:34 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/sep/5/romney-for-recovery/

Condoleezza Rice was secretary of state under President George W. Bush.
James A. Baker was secretary of state under President George H.W. Bush.
George P. Shultz was secretary of state under President Reagan.
Henry A. Kissinger was secretary of state under Presidents Nixon and Ford.

Like the country we have been privileged to serve, we remain fundamentally optimistic about the future. We have endured a financial collapse, a protracted recession, a fiscal crisis that threatens the creditworthiness of the U.S. Government, and polarized politics that makes it ever more difficult to govern. Pundits regularly remind us how other great powers, from Rome to Great Britain, all fell into eclipse.

We reject such pessimism. The United States remains the world’s most powerful and, above all, the most indispensable country — diplomatically, militarily, even economically.

I am truly surprised that Baker and Kissinger would endorse Mitt.. Seems to go against all their operating principles.

Cigar
09-06-2012, 06:47 AM
Equals 4 Votes

patrickt
09-06-2012, 06:50 AM
Cigar can count to four. What a revelation. But, now Madeleine Albright, that's a lot more than one vote for Cigar.

GCF
09-06-2012, 06:51 AM
I am truly surprised that Baker and Kissinger would endorse Mitt.. Seems to go against all their operating principles.

LOL, yea well since both seem to have two feet in the grave at this point, I'm sure they can not even remember their operating principles!

shaarona
09-06-2012, 06:57 AM
LOL, yea well since both seem to have two feet in the grave at this point, I'm sure they can not even remember their operating principles!

That did occur to me.. I just didn't want to say it out loud.:f_whistle:

Cigar
09-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Cigar can count to four. What a revelation. But, now Madeleine Albright, that's a lot more than one vote for Cigar.

Good ... then you have nothing to worry about, because you win 4 to 1 :yawn:

patrickt
09-06-2012, 08:08 AM
My god, you can't count.

Akula
09-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Equals 4 Votes

I see.

So since there were 20,000 people in that arena last night soetoro will only get 20,000 votes, right?

coolwalker
09-07-2012, 09:18 AM
Behind the scenes there are many people who will vote for Romney, but in this time when the left is constantly calling anyone who doesn't vote for Obama a racist, it is in their best interest to keep quiet. These four people don't really care...they have tough skin. Just ask yourself...do you see as many bumper stickers for Obama this time as you did 4 years ago...the answer will be no and even you Cigar have to admit that.

The love affair is officially over.

Iron River
09-07-2012, 12:15 PM
Iam truly surprised that Baker and Kissinger would endorse Mitt.. Seems to goagainst all their operating principles.

I haven't heardBaker or Kissinger advocate for the total destruction of America?

Equals 4Votes But youthink that Biden's endorsement is worth more than half a vote?

Isee.

So since there were 20,000 people in that arena last night soetoro will onlyget 20,000 votes, right? He won't get half of them.

Just ask yourself...do you see as many bumperstickers for Obama this time as you did 4 years ago...the answer will be no andeven you Cigar have to admit that. I saw one last week.

AZFlyFisher
09-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Four Republicans endorse Romney.

so?

Mainecoons
09-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Where have you been keeping yourself?

Agree, BTW. Hardly worth starting a thread over. Sorta like all those lefty wackos endorsing Obama, eh?