PDA

View Full Version : The GOP will be Back to Work soon .... doing the SOS

Cigar
01-03-2016, 06:43 PM
Health care repeal vote to open a political year in Congress

WASHINGTON (AP) — It's been like a long-delayed New Year's resolution for Republicans. But 2016 will finally be the year when they put legislation on President Barack Obama's desk repealing his health care law.

The bill undoing the president's prized overhaul will be the first order of business when the House reconvenes this coming week, marking a sharply partisan start on Capitol Hill to a congressional year in which legislating may take a back seat to politics.

There are few areas of potential compromise between Obama and the GOP majority in the House and Senate in this election year, but plenty of opportunities for political haymaking during the presidential campaign season.

Obama will veto the health law repeal bill, which also would cut money for Planned Parenthood. The measure already has passed the Senate under special rules protecting it from Democratic obstruction. But that's the point for Republicans, who intend to schedule a veto override vote for Jan. 22, when anti-abortion activists hold their annual march in Washington to mark the anniversary of the Supreme Court decision in 1973 that legalized abortion.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/health-care-repeal-vote-open-133624418.html

http://www.trbimg.com/img-5459e1ee/turbine/la-na-tt-obamas-veto-weapon-20141105

zelmo1234
01-03-2016, 06:56 PM
I think that this is a good thing. It will cause the President to Veto and then the house and senate can vote to override or not.

Of course the Democrats will vote no and the law will stand. and just before election when all of the nasty consequences of the employer mandate and the Luxury tax numbers are coming down? The voters will understand just who supported it and who did not.

It is a smart move politically

Cigar
01-03-2016, 07:02 PM
I think that this is a good thing. It will cause the President to Veto and then the house and senate can vote to override or not.

Of course the Democrats will vote no and the law will stand. and just before election when all of the nasty consequences of the employer mandate and the Luxury tax numbers are coming down? The voters will understand just who supported it and who did not.

It's been Brilliant for the Democrats politically ... after all, they made it LAW

I mean, why talk about real issues, when you can laugh at GOP Repeal Votes

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/2/2c/ElectricityTest.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20070319212032

hanger4
01-03-2016, 07:24 PM
It's been Brilliant for the Democrats politically ... after all, they made it LAW

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/2/2c/ElectricityTest.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20070319212032
Yup, it's been brilliant for the Dems. Lost the Senate, lost the House, lost more governorships, lost more State Houses and Senates. Brilliant simply brilliant. LOL

Cigar
01-03-2016, 07:41 PM
Yup, it's been brilliant for the Dems. Lost the Senate, lost the House, lost more governorships, lost more State Houses and Senates. Brilliant simply brilliant. LOL

Yep ... THE GOP WON BOTH Da-Senate and Da-House MAJORITIES ... so tell us again why you're not Happy :crybaby2:

BTW ... when are you getting your White House Oval Office Tour Tickets? :grin:

Cigar
01-03-2016, 07:55 PM
Ouch, that must have hurt ...

hanger4
01-03-2016, 07:59 PM
Yep ... THE GOP WON BOTH Da-Senate and Da-House MAJORITIES ... so tell us again why you're not Happy :crybaby2:

It's apparent you're the the one crying by trying to deflect your thread fail on something I never expressed.

Cigar
01-03-2016, 08:02 PM
It's apparent you're the the one crying by trying to deflect your thread fail on something I never expressed.

You must be really excited about your party having both the Senate and House :grin:

Ever plan on doing anything?

hanger4
01-03-2016, 08:17 PM
You must be really excited about your party having both the Senate and House :grin:

Too funny. Minority Senate Repubs filibuster you complain of obstructionism. Minority Senate Dems filibuster and obstruct you claim Rebubs are do nothings. Hypocrisy much ??

Cigar
01-03-2016, 08:24 PM
Too funny. Minority Senate Repubs filibuster you complain of obstructionism. Minority Senate Dems filibuster and obstruct you claim Rebubs are do nothings. Hypocrisy much ??

Funny you and others like you gleefully spout percentages when it's against "those" people, but the percentages of filibusters by the GOP over the last several years is no big deal and isn't obstruction.

Hypocrisy much ??

hanger4
01-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Funny you and others like you gleefully spout percentages when it's against "those" people, but the percentages of filibusters by the GOP over the last several years is no big deal and isn't obstruction.

Hypocrisy much ??
I never said it wasn't obstruction. It's the way the system works and the way the system was designed to work. It helps keep the tyranny of the majority in check. All I did was point out your hypocrisy on the matter.

Cigar
01-03-2016, 08:53 PM
I never said it wasn't obstruction. It's the way the system works and the way the system was designed to work. It helps keep the tyranny of the majority in check. All I did was point out your hypocrisy on the matter.

Then you're saying you Got the Government you Elected, so why are Conservatives mad? :laugh:

Tahuyaman
01-03-2016, 09:22 PM

It is an election year. Anything can happen when Democrats need to go back home and face the voters.

maineman
01-03-2016, 09:24 PM

WASHINGTON (AP) — It's been like a long-delayed New Year's resolution for Republicans. But 2016 will finally be the year when they put legislation on President Barack Obama's desk repealing his health care law.

The bill undoing the president's prized overhaul will be the first order of business when the House reconvenes this coming week, marking a sharply partisan start on Capitol Hill to a congressional year in which legislating may take a back seat to politics.

There are few areas of potential compromise between Obama and the GOP majority in the House and Senate in this election year, but plenty of opportunities for political haymaking during the presidential campaign season.

Obama will veto the health law repeal bill, which also would cut money for Planned Parenthood. The measure already has passed the Senate under special rules protecting it from Democratic obstruction. But that's the point for Republicans, who intend to schedule a veto override vote for Jan. 22, when anti-abortion activists hold their annual march in Washington to mark the anniversary of the Supreme Court decision in 1973 that legalized abortion.

I will be curious to see how the bill gets past a democratic filibuster in the Senate.

zelmo1234
01-03-2016, 09:52 PM

I know?

The ACA is working so good, That several of the key points were postponed until after the creator will be no longer in public life.

Several of the companies providing the insurance are getting out at the end of this year. only about 2/3 of the medical providers actually accept the insurance anyway because even after robbing Medicare of 750 billion dollars, every time a user come in for service the provider loses money.

And at the end of the year, Union workers will see their already skyrocketing Insurance increase by 40% because of the Luxury tax. And the CBO estimates that 2.5 million workers will either lose or have their jobs reduced to part time when the employer mandate takes effect.

Not to mention that 2/3 of the populations still wants the bill repealed.

Now that is something to be proud of.

zelmo1234
01-03-2016, 09:57 PM
I will be curious to see how the bill gets past a democratic filibuster in the Senate.

The same way that it was passed in the final hour when Kennedy was gone that they could not secure the 60 votes.

Reconciliation!

When you unlock that door, it might just come back to bit you. Now the Democrats will have to go on record supporting the ACA just before an election!

And unless they bring up legislation to stop several of the major parts to the law, which would cause it to bankrupt. There will be millions of voters that will just be getting notifies of what is going to be their fate come Jan 1

birddog
01-03-2016, 10:17 PM
According to Cigar, is Cigar ever wrong? Would he ever admit it? Hmmm.

maineman
01-03-2016, 10:26 PM
The same way that it was passed in the final hour when Kennedy was gone that they could not secure the 60 votes.

Reconciliation!

When you unlock that door, it might just come back to bit you. Now the Democrats will have to go on record supporting the ACA just before an election!

And unless they bring up legislation to stop several of the major parts to the law, which would cause it to bankrupt. There will be millions of voters that will just be getting notifies of what is going to be their fate come Jan 1

I am not sure that repealing existing legislation falls under the purview of reconciliation. Time will tell, I guess.

zelmo1234
01-03-2016, 10:30 PM
I am not sure that repealing existing legislation falls under the purview of reconciliation. Time will tell, I guess.

If repealing it does not fall under that, how did passing it?

Like I said, The Democrats are the ones that let this Genie out of the bottle

maineman
01-03-2016, 10:39 PM
If repealing it does not fall under that, how did passing it?

Like I said, The Democrats are the ones that let this Genie out of the bottle

like I said... time will tell. I am certainly not a skilled and experienced parliamentarian. Neither are you, I would imagine.

TrueBlue
01-03-2016, 10:58 PM
But then could we honestly expect any better from Republicans known for making severe CUTS to the programs and benefits most people in this country need? Indeed, it will become a pretty Big Issue in the upcoming presidential election if they do attempt to override a presidential veto on the ACA and should they succeed, it would inevitably leave MILLIONS of Americans without any health insurance and others who will be immediately rejected by other insurance companies due to pre-existing conditions that the ACA now covers. That is something they are going to have to face and seriously contend with.

ThaiBoxer
01-03-2016, 11:00 PM
The Republican solution to health care in this country is don't get sick and if you, die.

Tahuyaman
01-03-2016, 11:11 PM
The Republican solution to health care in this country is don't get sick and if you, die.

you don't believe that you came up with one on your own, do you?

Beevee
01-03-2016, 11:33 PM

I think your final word is incorrect and should be substituted with 'go bankrupt'

That's two words that republicans approve of.

ThaiBoxer
01-03-2016, 11:51 PM
you don't believe that you came up with one on your own, do you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-usmvYOPfco

zelmo1234
01-04-2016, 12:26 AM

So what improvements has the ACA made to the Healthcare system?

Do people have higher or lower premiums since it became law? How about deductibles higher or lower?

Do people have more a less access to Doctors and Hospitals or less?

And finally for a CBO estimated deficit of 3 trillion dollars over 10 years, how many more people have become insured?

Now if you will actually look up these answers, can you then tell me which party proposed legislation that actually did something positive for the low income people

zelmo1234
01-04-2016, 12:27 AM

You do realize that this man is repulsive and proven to be one of th biggest liars in congress.

What is it that the GOP is proposing that actually hurts healthcare

Mac-7
01-04-2016, 01:45 AM

Cigar is happy because he has a black guy in the white house.

For him nothing else matters including turmoil in the middle east, a failed healthcare plan, or a stalled economy.

Anti populist dictators like obumer dont need no stinkin house or senate cause he got a cell phone and a pen.

Hal Jordan
01-04-2016, 02:06 AM
But then could we honestly expect any better from Republicans known for making severe CUTS to the programs and benefits most people in this country need? Indeed, it will become a pretty Big Issue in the upcoming presidential election if they do attempt to override a presidential veto on the ACA and should they succeed, it would inevitably leave MILLIONS of Americans without any health insurance and others who will be immediately rejected by other insurance companies due to pre-existing conditions that the ACA now covers. That is something they are going to have to face and seriously contend with.

And what about those of us (and yes, I mean us, since I am one affected) that don't qualify for Obamacare and end up with a $200.000.00 medical bill for a broken arm?

zelmo1234
01-04-2016, 02:12 AM

So the democrats tell us they can't get anything done because the GOP is blocking everything that Mr Obama wants to do

And you seem to be saying that the White house is all that matters?

Which one is it?

Hal Jordan
01-04-2016, 02:23 AM
The ACA will not be repealed, simply because neither party truly wants that, they just say they do to sway the gullible...

Mac-7
01-04-2016, 08:10 AM
The ACA will not be repealed, simply because neither party truly wants that, they just say they do to sway the gullible...

Obamacare never should have passed in the first place.

sure the deadbeats getting subsidies like it

but most Americans are tired of carrying the lazy class on their backs.

Cigar
01-04-2016, 08:13 AM
:rollseyes: The Right must be proud of this type of representation

Mac-7
01-04-2016, 08:19 AM
:rollseyes: The Right must be proud of this type of representation

In lib la la land the effort is all that matters not the result.

Americans who already had healthcare are worse off today.

Bo-4
01-04-2016, 08:36 AM
Yep, and another 4.5 million taxpayer dollars down the crapper.

Btw, David Horsey makes TurtleBoy look WAY too good. :)

http://mx1.politicususa.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/mitch-mcconnell-turtle-power.jpg

Mac-7
01-04-2016, 08:41 AM
Yep, and another 4.5 million taxpayer dollars down the crapper.

Btw, David Horsey makes TurtleBoy look WAY too good. :)

http://mx1.politicususa.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/mitch-mcconnell-turtle-power.jpg

Give it up Bo.

The conservative republican base does not like McConnell either

So I dont get angry when you insult him

hanger4
01-04-2016, 08:42 AM
Cigar is happy because he has a black guy in the white house.

For him nothing else matters including turmoil in the middle east, a failed healthcare plan, or a stalled economy.

Anti populist dictators like obumer dont need no stinkin house or senate cause he got a cell phone and a pen.
Playing the race card is/was unnecessary.

Mac-7
01-04-2016, 08:45 AM
Playing the race card is/was unnecessary.

I assume you are scolding obumer and Cigar

Cigar
01-04-2016, 08:47 AM
In lib la la land the effort is all that matters not the result.

Americans who already had healthcare are worse off today.

Really, I know anyone who said that.

You got any names?

Mac-7
01-04-2016, 08:54 AM
Really, I know anyone who said that.

You got any names?

Mac-7.

I gave you my personsl observation of how the modern left ignores its own incompetence and marches on as if nothing had happened

Bo-4
01-04-2016, 09:00 AM
Give it up Bo.

The conservative republican base does not like McConnell either

So I dont get angry when you insult him

Oh that's good .. i'm relieved but disappointed all at once.

How about this one: Ted Cruise - the voted most punchable face and the guy you want to throw a beer at. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0Th70moeuc

Mac-7
01-04-2016, 09:12 AM
Oh that's good .. i'm relieved but disappointed all at once.

How about this one: Ted Cruise - the voted most punchable face and the guy you want to throw a beer at. :)

[]

I hope liberals continue to insult Trump or Cruz every day for the next 8 years because that means one of them is in the white house.

hanger4
01-04-2016, 09:26 AM
I assume you are scolding obumer and Cigar
I'm scolding you.

Bo-4
01-04-2016, 10:07 AM
I hope liberals continue to insult Trump or Cruz every day for the next 8 years because that means one of them is in the white house.

Don't get yer hopes up Macky .. closest they'll come is a tour, or meeting with Hillary Clinton. :D

Tahuyaman
01-04-2016, 10:26 AM

look who that kind of rhetoric appealed to.....

Cigar
01-04-2016, 10:27 AM

He's Crazy also ... no one ever said only RePukes have crazies.

Tahuyaman
01-04-2016, 12:02 PM
So what improvements has the ACA made to the Healthcare system?

well, it has spread the concept of mismanaged care to more people. Kind of leveling the playing field health care wise.

Tahuyaman
01-04-2016, 12:04 PM

He's Crazy also ... no one ever said only RePukes have crazies.

the idiot making the statement was an uber left wing partisan Democrat and that idiotic comment resonated with other left wing hood-balls.

Mac-7
01-04-2016, 12:49 PM
I'm scolding you.

thats odd but not unexpected from you

obumer and cigar have been bringing race into conversations for 7 years

and try as you might you can't give them exclusive rights to the subject

Truth Detector
01-04-2016, 12:52 PM

You mean, past the do-nothing Democrats?

Truth Detector
01-04-2016, 12:56 PM

The ACA doesn't make anyone healthy or guarantee good health care. What it is doing, however, is making everything more expensive and busting State and Federal budgets. The numbers are coming in and no matter how much the MSM is trying to ignore it, at some point, the truth about this abomination will be exposed.

Democrats have a very good reason to be politically afraid of their shadows right now and use Trump as a convenient deflection.

Truth Detector
01-04-2016, 12:56 PM

No one bloviates complete and utter false baloney as well as you do.

Tahuyaman
01-04-2016, 01:11 PM
You mean, past the do-nothing Democrats?

isn't something how the partisan hack Democrats all went apoplectic about Republican led filabusters, but seem to think it's a great virtue when the Democrats do it?

Its mazing how the principles some people hold can be so adjustable. I guess that's the difference between things being locked in jello vs locked in stone?

Tahuyaman
01-04-2016, 01:12 PM
No one bloviates complete and utter false baloney as well as you do.

he has to look up the word "bloviate". He probably thinks it's an obscenity of some kind.

Truth Detector
01-04-2016, 01:13 PM
isn't something how the partisan hack Democrats all went apoplectic about Republican led filabusters, but seem to think it's a great virtue when the Democrats do it?

Its mazing how the principles some people hold can be so adjustable. I guess that's the difference between things being locked in jello vs locked in stone?

Hypocrisy defines DNC politics and the fools who support them.

Truth Detector
01-04-2016, 01:14 PM
he has to look up the word "bloviate". He probably thinks it's an obscenity of some kind.

.....and reported it as an insult. ;)

Tahuyaman
01-04-2016, 01:24 PM
Hypocrisy defines DNC politics and the fools who support them.

I agree. There are hypocrits in both major parties, but it seems to be one of the basic principles of the Democrats.

Tahuyaman
01-04-2016, 01:25 PM
.....and reported it as an insult. ;)

Of course.

texan
01-04-2016, 01:37 PM
Don't forget 21 to 31 republican govs and that ain't gerrymandering boys and girls. I love it when they play that card, but guvnaships reflect about the same dem disappointment. Gerrymander had nothing to do with it..............:but::but::but:

texan
01-04-2016, 02:01 PM
Everyone remember when the rocket scientist predicted that the dems would sweep all the guvnaships?

That was a good laugh.

Even better then he denied it and got his post shoved up his nose, that too was funny.

Cigar
01-04-2016, 02:33 PM
You must be really happy with all those Experienced Governors front running the GOP ... oh wait ... :laugh:

Tahuyaman
01-04-2016, 03:26 PM
Everyone remember when the rocket scientist predicted that the dems would sweep all the guvnaships?

That was a good laugh.

Even better then he denied it and got his post shoved up his nose, that too was funny.

people on both sides who publicize their wishful thinking are often disappointed.

texan
01-04-2016, 03:27 PM
I am very happy with them and so are the voters evidently................Thanks for noticing............Obama has done wonders for the dem party by picking fights with everyone and then blaming the Tea Party that he created.

Contrary to the facts people tend to believe things how they need to..................

Hal Jordan
01-04-2016, 03:28 PM

Hal Jordan
01-04-2016, 03:32 PM
Y'all know to discuss the topic and not other members.

Tahuyaman
01-04-2016, 03:33 PM
You must be really happy with all those Experienced Governors front running the GOP ... oh wait ... :laugh:

Huh?

texan
01-04-2016, 03:34 PM
Blah Blah.....................continue to point out the truth and fight fire with fire Mac. Trump style!

hanger4
01-04-2016, 04:21 PM

And all you're doing is the same thing you complain about. Don't lower yourself to race-card level. Ignore those that do.

Mac-7
01-04-2016, 05:14 PM
And all you're doing is the same thing you complain about. Don't lower yourself to race-card level. Ignore those that do.

Thats like saying after Pearl Harbor we acted no better than the japanese and should have been too good to lower ourselves to their level.

But with obama or tojo turning the other cheek just gets you another slap in the face

the guy went to germany in 2008 to celibrate the anniversary of the fall of the berlin wall and babbled about being black

hanger4
01-04-2016, 06:55 PM
Thats like saying after Pearl Harbor we acted no better than the japanese and should have been too good to lower ourselves to their level.

But with obama or tojo turning the other cheek just gets you another slap in the face

the guy went to germany in 2008 to celibrate the anniversary of the fall of the berlin wall and babbled about being black
No it's not like saying that. This is real simple, if you don't like race-baiting or the race-card being played then don't do it. You have no credibilty what so ever to complain yet do the same. Ignore those that do, they are goading those with weak minds into a confrontation. Don't be weak minded

Professor Peabody
01-04-2016, 07:41 PM

White House outlines gun control moves (http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/04/politics/obama-loretta-lynch-gun-control-actions/)

Obama back to work soon.....doing the SOS! He just killing Hillary's chances to be President, what a tool.