PDA

View Full Version : Trump raises Cruz's eligibility to run for president

Gypsy
01-06-2016, 12:31 AM
Trump raises Cruz's eligibility to run for president
Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump is raising questions about Republican rival Ted Cruz's electability in light of the Texas senator's birth in Canada, which Trump called a "very precarious" problem.

Trump said in an interview with The Washington Post (https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-says-cruzs-canadian-birth-could-be-very-precarious-for-gop/2016/01/05/5ce69764-b3f8-11e5-9388-466021d971de_story.html) that Republican voters should think twice before voting for Cruz, who could face challenges to his eligibility to serve as president given that he was born in Canada, and not the United States.

"Republicans are going to have to ask themselves the question: 'Do we want a candidate who could be tied up in court for two years?' That'd be a big problem," Trump said in the interview. "It'd be a very precarious one for Republicans because he'd be running and the courts may take a long time to make decision. You don't want to be running and have that kind of thing over your head."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/05/politics/donald-trump-ted-cruz-eligibility/index.html

Gypsy
01-06-2016, 12:32 AM
We knew this was coming. Where's the long form?

Peter1469
01-06-2016, 06:00 AM
Most Americans don't care about this little known Constitutional requirement.

PolWatch
01-06-2016, 06:31 AM
I wondered how long it would take the King of the Birthers to bring this up. Will those who insisted that Obama was not eligible to be president now start in on Cruz?

Safety
01-06-2016, 07:07 AM
I wondered how long it would take the King of the Birthers to bring this up. Will those who insisted that Obama was not eligible to be president now start in on Cruz?

I doubt it, the birthers here will probably forget about the past 7 years....

PolWatch
01-06-2016, 07:12 AM
I doubt it, the birthers here will probably forget about the past 7 years....

They can always fall back on: but, but, but, CRUZ is DIFFERENT!

I brought up the subject of Cruz's birthplace several months ago and the sound of silence was deafening.

Safety
01-06-2016, 07:23 AM
They can always fall back on: but, but, but, CRUZ is DIFFERENT!

I brought up the subject of Cruz's birthplace several months ago and the sound of silence was deafening.

I found out that most of the time you have to do a lot of work to prove hypocrisy, but there are several instances where it's like taking candy from a baby.

I remember all the threads about the long form not being valid, why was there no announcement in the paper mentioning the future president was born, the .pdf that was released had too many "layers" involved, etc. etc., but in Cruz's case....crickets.

I wonder why?

PolWatch
01-06-2016, 07:41 AM
:but:

Cigar
01-06-2016, 08:00 AM
This helps shelter Trump from talking about real issues.

His supporters will never know the difference ... :laugh:

Mac-7
01-06-2016, 10:17 AM

Once again Trump proves he is the master salesman.

but in this case he can only fool and therefore excite dumb libs.

The rest of us know that if Cruz wins the election he will be sworn in as president right on schedule.

Safety
01-06-2016, 10:20 AM
Once again Trump proves he is the master salesman.

but in this case he can only fool and therefore excite dumb libs.

The rest of us know that if Cruz wins the election he will be sworn in as president right on schedule.

Yes, because to the majority of people, birtherism was only a tool used to express outrage over not being able to say what was really the issue.

i.e. the right's version of "PC".

Mac-7
01-06-2016, 10:32 AM
Yes, because to the majority of people, birtherism was only a tool used to express outrage over not being able to say what was really the issue.

i.e. the right's version of "PC".

Obumer is old news and a lame duck.

the topic here is cruz

Bo-4
01-06-2016, 10:33 AM
Trump goes all Birther on Calgary Ted?

:rofl:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BX_JyuJCIAA9eIa.jpg

Safety
01-06-2016, 10:33 AM

the topic here is cruz

Trying to direct what people post again? The thread title included the word "president", so technically it is still on topic.

:laugh:

Mac-7
01-06-2016, 10:36 AM
Trying to direct what people post again? The thread title included the word "president", so technically it is still on topic.

:laugh:

You are off topic which is a violation of the rules.

Bo-4
01-06-2016, 10:37 AM

the topic here is cruz

Lame duck???

Probably the most successful second term president in our lifetimes combined.

Reaganites concur! :)

http://samuel-warde.com/2015/07/2-reaganites-praise-obama-for-success/

Safety
01-06-2016, 10:40 AM

If you think something is off topic, report it.

Mac-7
01-06-2016, 10:41 AM
Lame duck???

The economy sucks, obamacare is a failure and the middle east is fallng apart and headed for all out war

Mac-7
01-06-2016, 10:42 AM
If you think something is off topic, report it.

Report it to you?

I'm sure that will get prompt results.

Bo-4
01-06-2016, 10:47 AM
The economy sucks, obamacare is a failure and the middle east is fallng apart and headed for all out war

Sure Mac, the economy sucks! :rolleyes:

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/economy/economy-created-257k-jobs-december-more-expected-adp-n491201

And the middle east has sucked ever since Boy Blunder spent 2 trillion stirring a hornet's nest.

Gypsy
01-06-2016, 10:48 AM
Is it too late to add the tPF thread ban thing? :wink:

Mac-7
01-06-2016, 10:52 AM
Sure Mac, the economy sucks! :rolleyes:

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/economy/economy-created-257k-jobs-december-more-expected-adp-n491201

And the middle east has sucked ever since Boy Blunder spent 2 trillion stirring a hornet's nest.

The situation in the middle east is far worse now under obumer and because of obumer than when the Boy Blunder was in office.

but i wonder why dont libs want to talk about the topic which is cruz?

Mac-7
01-06-2016, 10:55 AM
Is it too late to add the tPF thread ban thing? :wink:

No need.

i have already told you everything you need to know about the issue ypu posted here.

if cruz gets elected he gets sworn in right on time.

Gypsy
01-06-2016, 10:59 AM
No need.

i have already told you everything you need to know about the issue ypu posted here.

if cruz gets elected he gets sworn in right on time.

I was teasing, Mac. But you can't speak about this issue without bringing up the hypocrisy of the birthers. Where is their outrage over this issue? Why are they not demanding to see the long form birth certificate? Why?

Safety
01-06-2016, 11:00 AM
Report it to you?

No, it doesn't go to me, it goes to a team. If it has merit, it will be handled appropriately. This discussion you are having is what is off topic.

Cigar
01-06-2016, 11:04 AM
Lame duck???

You know you're doing your Job as a President, when you have both Parties b!tching.

Mac-7
01-06-2016, 11:07 AM
I was teasing, Mac. But you can't speak about this issue without bringing up the hypocrisy of the birthers. Where is their outrage over this issue? Why are they not demanding to see the long form birth certificate? Why?

There is no hypocracy.

Ted Cruz's birth story is not in doubt.

he was born in canada and no one denies that.

obumer refused to verify where he was born by releasing his birth certifice for independent examination and to this day still has not done so.

But here we are allowing Safety to derail your topic away from cruz.

Mac-7
01-06-2016, 11:08 AM
No, it doesn't go to me, it goes to a team. If it has merit, it will be handled appropriately. This discussion you are having is what is off topic.

I am aquainted with the "team" and that experience is not reassuring.

Bo-4
01-06-2016, 11:09 AM
You know you're doing your Job as a President, when you have both Parties b!tching.

Yep, Obama hit his stride about three years ago when he stopped giving a crap and believing that he could work with intransigent a-holes.

He started having fun - and getting amazing things accomplished!

Safety
01-06-2016, 11:09 AM
There is no hypocracy.

obumer refused to verify where he wax born by releasing his birth certifice for independent examinstion and to this day still has not done so.

Stop digging the hole.

Obama's mother was a citizen which gave Obama citizenship, Cruz's mother was a citizen which gave Cruz citizenship.

One caused 7 years of moaning and bed-wetting, the other is given a pass.

Bo-4
01-06-2016, 11:11 AM
obumer refused to verify where he was born by releasing his birth certifice for independent examination and to this day still has not done so.

What in God's name are you talking about? :confused:

http://cdn.soundpublishing.com/dailyweekly/BIRTHERS01.jpg

Mac-7
01-06-2016, 11:14 AM
Stop digging the hole.

Obama's mother was a citizen which gave Obama citizenship, Cruz's mother was a citizen which gave Cruz citizenship.

One caused 7 years of moaning and bed-wetting, the other is given a pass.

Then why not let independent forgery experts examine the documents?

If obumer was born in kenya he could claim duel citizenship just like cruz.

Why forge documentation to deny a harmless truth?

Mac-7
01-06-2016, 11:15 AM
What in God's name are you talking about? :confused:

http://cdn.soundpublishing.com/dailyweekly/BIRTHERS01.jpg

Dont invoke God's name if you dont believe in Him.

Safety
01-06-2016, 11:15 AM

You just proved my point.

Safety
01-06-2016, 11:16 AM

Textbook definition of irony....

I am aquainted with the "team" and that experience is not reassuring.

Dont invoke God's name if you dont believe in Him.

Mac-7
01-06-2016, 11:19 AM
You just proved my point.

I see that the old wounds about obumers cirizenship have not healed yet.

But even though i rained on libs parade by solving the puzzle of the cruz citizenship question that is still the topic here.

Dumbo is old news

Gypsy
01-06-2016, 11:21 AM

But even though i rained on libs parade by solving the puzzle of the cruz citizenship question that is still the topic here.

Dumbo is old news

Then why do you keep bringing him up?

Safety
01-06-2016, 11:22 AM

Dumbo is old news

I found out that most of the time you have to do a lot of work to prove hypocrisy, but there are several instances where it's like taking candy from a baby.

I remember all the threads about the long form not being valid, why was there no announcement in the paper mentioning the future president was born, the .pdf that was released had too many "layers" involved, etc. etc., but in Cruz's case....crickets.

I wonder why?

For emphasis.

Mac-7
01-06-2016, 11:23 AM
Then why do you keep bringing him up?

Only because libs are still including it.

But I wont mention him again if you dont.

Mac-7
01-06-2016, 11:25 AM
For emphasis.

For two years obumer refused to even show the digital image of the bc that was eventually posted online.

Safety
01-06-2016, 11:27 AM
For two years obumer refused to even show the digital image of the bc that was eventually posted online.

Cruz released his bc? Did you see the long form or short?

Mac-7
01-06-2016, 11:31 AM
Cruz released his bc? Did you see the long form or short?

No one asked to see it.

because there is no question about where cruz was born

Gypsy
01-06-2016, 11:38 AM
Only because libs are still including it.

But I wont mention him again if you dont.

Well he is the President and everyone will still mention him. But you haven't addressed the hypocrisy.

birddog
01-06-2016, 11:40 AM
No one asked to see it.

True, plus his mother met the residency requirement in force at the time of his birth. The Kenyan born Obama's mother did not. Obama is "naturalized' and not eligible to be president, and Cruz is "natural born" and eligible.

A technicality, but a valid one. I realize there are various interpretations of the whole BC thing, but they should all be aired together.

Mac-7
01-06-2016, 11:43 AM
But you haven't addressed the hypocrisy.

I have.

but i guess you just didnt like my answer.

PolWatch
01-06-2016, 11:43 AM
:rollseyes:

Gypsy
01-06-2016, 11:45 AM
I have.

but i guess you just didnt like my answer.

Let me go back and look, I must have missed it. :)

Mac-7
01-06-2016, 11:46 AM
True, plus his mother met the residency requirement in force at the time of his birth. The Kenyan born Obama's mother did not. Obama is "naturalized' and not eligible to be president, and Cruz is "natural born" and eligible.

A technicality, but a valid one. I realize there are various interpretations of the whole BC thing, but they should all be aired together.

Here liberals are all excited that trump raised the citizenship issue.

but its so minor that only desperate libs are grasping at it

Mac-7
01-06-2016, 11:48 AM
I prefer trump or cruz and am not at all worried that ted cruz could be declared ineligible to take office.

Gypsy
01-06-2016, 11:51 AM
There is no hypocracy.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/04/27/president-obamas-long-form-birth-certificate
https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/rss_viewer/birth-certificate-long-form.pdf
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/birthcertificate.asp

Safety
01-06-2016, 11:55 AM
No one asked to see it.

Well, there you go. We are getting close to having a breakthrough.

Cigar
01-06-2016, 11:56 AM
No one asked to see it.

Canada, but where are his friends to prove it?

Adelaide
01-06-2016, 01:14 PM
Report it to you?

Thread banned.

Everyone else - stick to the topic.

Peter1469
01-06-2016, 03:46 PM

There is a question that Cruz was not born in Canada?

TrueBlue
01-06-2016, 04:11 PM
Most Americans don't care about this little known Constitutional requirement.
Except when it concerned Barack Obama that is. Now, it's a horse of a different color (no pun intended.)

texan
01-06-2016, 04:23 PM
I researched this years ago when he first came in and people were discussing it, probably 3 or 4 years ago. He is completely eligible by our laws.........Get ready for some more Trump! Master of media...........

Did you see he shut down Billary's women card for now? Oh yes she claims to have a new years resolution..

Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton maintained in an interview on MSNBC's Hardball Tuesday that she was sticking to her New Year's resolution not to talk about Donald Trump. :toothy9::toothy9:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/01/05/hillary-clinton-hardball-trump/78324644/

Get ready Cruz.

Peter1469
01-06-2016, 04:26 PM
Except when it concerned Barack Obama that is. Now, it's a horse of a different color (no pun intended.)

The majority don't care where he was born. Arnold should run.

Gypsy
01-06-2016, 04:46 PM
There is a question that Cruz was not born in Canada?

Nope. There shouldn't have been a question that the President was born in the US by way of Hawaii either. But there was.

Gypsy
01-06-2016, 04:51 PM
The majority don't care where he was born. Arnold should run.

You can't pick and choose which rights you enforce.

Peter1469
01-06-2016, 05:09 PM
You can't pick and choose which rights you enforce.

Americans do all the time. Obama could have admitted to being from Kenya and his voters would have put him in office. It is a moot issue.

Tahuyaman
01-06-2016, 05:44 PM
Trump raises Cruz's eligibility to run for president

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump is raising questions about Republican rival Ted Cruz's electability in light of the Texas senator's birth in Canada, which Trump called a "very precarious" problem.

Trump said in an interview with The Washington Post (https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-says-cruzs-canadian-birth-could-be-very-precarious-for-gop/2016/01/05/5ce69764-b3f8-11e5-9388-466021d971de_story.html) that Republican voters should think twice before voting for Cruz, who could face challenges to his eligibility to serve as president given that he was born in Canada, and not the United States."Republicans are going to have to ask themselves the question: 'Do we want a candidate who could be tied up in court for two years?' That'd be a big problem," Trump said in the interview. "It'd be a very precarious one for Republicans because he'd be running and the courts may take a long time to make decision. You don't want to be running and have that kind of thing over your head."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/05/politics/donald-trump-ted-cruz-eligibility/index.html

doesn't Trump have access to someone who can inform him as to the law?

Tahuyaman
01-06-2016, 05:45 PM

Well, I never argued that he was ineligible. Just unqualified. His performance has proven me right.

Bo-4
01-07-2016, 10:05 AM
Heheh :D

"I think it would be quite ironic if after seven or eight years of drama over the president's birth certificate, if Republican primary voters were to choose Sen. Cruz as their nominee, somebody who actually wasn't born in the United States and only 18 months ago renounced his Canadian citizenship," Earnest said at the daily press briefing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/josh-earnest-ted-cruz-donald-trump-birthers_568d7268e4b0cad15e631e31?utm_hp_ref=polit ics

silvereyes
01-07-2016, 02:00 PM
Heheh :D

"I think it would be quite ironic if after seven or eight years of drama over the president's birth certificate, if Republican primary voters were to choose Sen. Cruz as their nominee, somebody who actually wasn't born in the United States and only 18 months ago renounced his Canadian citizenship," Earnest said at the daily press briefing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/josh-earnest-ted-cruz-donald-trump-birthers_568d7268e4b0cad15e631e31?utm_hp_ref=polit ics
No kidding. I hope they all Fe overdoses.

MisterVeritis
01-07-2016, 04:55 PM
I prefer trump or cruz and am not at all worried that ted cruz could be declared ineligible to take office.
That was not the issue. The issue was a lawsuit that lingers for years. Cruz is eligible. Trump knows it.

Cigar
01-07-2016, 04:58 PM
That was not the issue. The issue was a lawsuit that lingers for years. Cruz is eligible. Trump knows it.

.... :but: Like Trump says ... "PEOPLE" are "TALKING" :kermit:

Peter1469
01-07-2016, 07:47 PM

Courts will fast track it and rubber stamp it. They don't like being used as tools by the other branches of government.

MisterVeritis
01-07-2016, 09:29 PM
Courts will fast track it and rubber stamp it. They don't like being used as tools by the other branches of government.
Perhaps. Judges are political animals. They do as they wish.

Peter1469
01-07-2016, 09:32 PM
Perhaps. Judges are political animals. They do as they wish.

Life time appointments help. :smiley:

GRUMPY
01-07-2016, 09:49 PM

neither one meet the requirement of natural born citizen...

Peter1469
01-07-2016, 09:50 PM
neither one meet the requirement of natural born citizen...

Provide a suitable definition, with citation.

GRUMPY
01-08-2016, 06:28 AM
"an individual born within the unitied states of america, to parents both of which being united states citizens at the time of birth"...Words, Thoughts, Rants and Ramblings of Unparalleled Insight by Grumpy...

Peter1469
01-08-2016, 03:40 PM
"an individual born within the unitied states of america, to parents both of which being united states citizens at the time of birth"...Words, Thoughts, Rants and Ramblings of Unparalleled Insight by Grumpy...

That is a minority opinion. Here is a lot of information to counter that (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/01/07/why-ted-cruz-is-a-natural-born-citizen/).

As he concludes in his post (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/01/07/yes-ted-cruz-is-a-natural-born-citizen/): “Under U.S. law, the fact that Cruz was born to a U.S. citizen mother makes him a citizen from birth. In other words, he is a ‘natural born citizen’ (as opposed to a naturalized citizen) and is constitutionally eligible.” To the evidence elicited by Clement and Katyal, I wish only to add that this conclusion is also theoretically justified by a proper conception of popular sovereignty.