PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Donald Trump for President?

William
01-08-2016, 06:09 PM
This is my first ever political thread, and I admit that I know very little about politics, and even less about US politics. But everywhere else in the world people seem to think Trump is a joke and nothing more than a rich, loud-mouth idiot. He seems a bit of a nutter to me, but I don't have a real, informed opinion on the man.

So I'm curious to know if anyone here wants him for President, and why they think he would make a good President. I'm not posting this to make fun of anyone's opinion (but I may challenge reasons,) I would just like to hear considered opinions on why he would make a good national leader. :smiley:

Common Sense
01-08-2016, 06:15 PM
This is my first ever political thread, and I admit that I know very little about politics, and even less about US politics. But everywhere else in the world people seem to think Trump is a joke and nothing more than a rich, loud-mouth idiot. He seems a bit of a nutter to me, but I don't have a real, informed opinion on the man.

So I'm curious to know if anyone here wants him for President, and why they think he would make a good President. I'm not posting this to make fun of anyone's opinion (but I may challenge reasons,) I would just like to hear considered opinions on why he would make a good national leader. :smiley:

Trump appeals to the base fears in some people.

People who tend to see the world in absolutes and have a fear of ambiguity tend to gravitate to the rhetoric.

I seriously hope that he isn't nominated. It certainly would be an embarrassment to the GOP and the US in general.

Matty
01-08-2016, 06:16 PM
Well thanks to the shenanigans and absurdity of democrats over the last eight years it's almost a mathematical certainty. But, no. He would not be my choice.

Common Sense
01-08-2016, 06:18 PM
Well thanks to the shenanigans and absurdity of democrats over the last eight years it's almost a mathematical certainty. But, no. He would not be my choice.

Technically the odds on favorite is Hillary Clinton.

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2016/winner

Matty
01-08-2016, 06:38 PM
Wrong as usual.

Green Arrow
01-08-2016, 06:42 PM
I figure why not. At least the next year after he takes office would be mildly entertaining.

Common Sense
01-08-2016, 06:44 PM
I figure why not. At least the next year after he takes office would be mildly entertaining.

It certainly would be entertaining. Sort of like watching a building on fire, I'd be compelled to watch and horrified at the same time.

Common Sense
01-08-2016, 06:45 PM
Wrong as usual.

How am I wrong? Who knows odds better, Vegas or you?

Matty
01-08-2016, 06:49 PM
How am I wrong? Who knows odds better, Vegas or you?

You depend on Vegas? Roflmaao

Common Sense
01-08-2016, 06:54 PM

I don't depend on them, but they are in the very serious business of trying to be right when it comes to odds.

You could also look at polls.

Green Arrow
01-08-2016, 07:01 PM
I just find it difficult in general to get overly excited about the presidency. I have zero say in who gets picked for the job, same as everyone else in this country, so why bother wasting energy on it?

southwest88
01-08-2016, 07:20 PM
Trump is likely the leading GOP Pres. contender for the angry man segment of the party. I don't think whatever's left of the old line GOP has enough of a death wish to want him for their nominee. There seems to be some segment of the GOP Young Turks that feels that Trump's candidacy is enough like Goldwater's that it's worth throwing the dice & going all in with him.

Myself, I think Goldwater was a much more principled person, & that any similarities are apparent only. Goldwater made his mark on succeeding generations of GOP mainstream leadership. I don't think Trump will have anything similar to point to, in the decades to come.

Mac-7
01-08-2016, 07:34 PM
Trump appeals to the base fears in some people.

People who tend to see the world in absolutes and have a fear of ambiguity tend to gravitate to the rhetoric.

I seriously hope that he isn't nominated. It certainly would be an embarrassment to the GOP and the US in general.

A Canadian is advising an Aussie about presidential politics?

That's the blind leading the blind

And you sum it all by merely dismissing trump voters as low intelligence degenerates

Thanks true cluelessness with an international flavor

Yes William, trump could be the next president if enough voters are tired of the Washington establishment chumps we have been stuck with recently

Mac-7
01-08-2016, 07:36 PM
Trump is likely the leading GOP Pres. contender for the angry man segment of the party. I don't think whatever's left of the old line GOP has enough of a death wish to want him for their nominee. There seems to be some segment of the GOP Young Turks that feels that Trump's candidacy is enough like Goldwater's that it's worth throwing the dice & going all in with him.

Myself, I think Goldwater was a much more principled person, & that any similarities are apparent only. Goldwater made his mark on succeeding generations of GOP mainstream leadership. I don't think Trump will have anything similar to point to, in the decades to come.

The angry man segment of the party you say

What do voters have to be happy about?

GRUMPY
01-08-2016, 08:06 PM

let us see...you don't know much re politics and even less re us politics...everywhere else in the world trump is considered a joke but of course he quite successfully conducts business all over the world...and you want to or might challenge people's support of trump but again you don't know squat re american politics...brilliant son...

Common Sense
01-08-2016, 08:08 PM
son if you think multiple bankruptcies is successfully conducting business...then son i dont know what to tell you son.

GRUMPY
01-08-2016, 08:22 PM
son if you think multiple bankruptcies is successfully conducting business...then son i dont know what to tell you son.

son are you that dog dumb...how many business venture do you think trump has engaged in over the years and how many has he walked away with a profit...if this govt had his rate of success vs failure would we be 19 trillion in debt...no son, you clearly don't know what to tell anyone...there is much to not like about trump, his succes as a business man is not one of them...

Crepitus
01-08-2016, 08:39 PM
In a sad, slapstick, Charlie Chaplin kinda way.

Chris
01-08-2016, 09:24 PM
son are you that dog dumb...how many business venture do you think trump has engaged in over the years and how many has he walked away with a profit...if this govt had his rate of success vs failure would we be 19 trillion in debt...no son, you clearly don't know what to tell anyone...there is much to not like about trump, his succes as a business man is not one of them...

Stop the personal attacks and try to discuss the topic, or find one you can.

Peter1469
01-08-2016, 09:27 PM
Trump is attracting interest from people who have discovered that the Establishment parties are wholly corrupt. I would have a hard time taking anyone seriously who would prefer another Bush or Obama type failure.

Green Arrow
01-08-2016, 10:15 PM

That is an insult to the greatness of Charlie Chaplin.

southwest88
01-08-2016, 10:52 PM

Yah, except that Chaplin was a genius @ comedy, & @ the movie technology of his day, & later in talkies. Chaplin wrote, edited, produced, directed, starred, composed, founded United Artists - & managed to do it without being a lighting rod for envy, far as I can tell. You can look @ his background, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Chaplin

Trump is very good @ promoting himself, & @ cutting deals to his own advantage & making money. Whether any of that would translate into being a good president - I don't think so. I think he's much too thin-skinned & doesn't seem to have a good grasp of all the massive amounts of material he needs to have @ least a nodding acquaintance with (as president), in order to head a good-to-excellent decision- & policy-making apparatus. I don't know that he has a good stable of well-qualified people ready to assist & advise him in defense, economics, science, tech, politics, medicine, nutrition, ag, manufacturing, energy, & on & on.

We actually ask a lot of our presidents. If it were to run a TV or movie studio, or something along those lines, Trump might be the best guy of the lot for that job.

birddog
01-08-2016, 10:53 PM
Considering what he inherited, Dubya was a good president, but he made mistakes. Other than him, we have not had an effective president in the last 20 years.

Trump would be far better than anyone the dims have. Difficult times may benefit from an innovator such as Trump. Once in, he's smart enough to operate effectively.

Green Arrow
01-08-2016, 11:00 PM
Considering what he inherited, Dubya was a good president, but he made mistakes. Other than him, we have not had an effective president in the last 20 years.

Trump would be far better than anyone the dims have. Difficult times may benefit from an innovator such as Trump. Once in, he's smart enough to operate effectively.

I love it...Barack Obama is 100% responsible for everything that has happened since he became president. George W. Bush is the victim of inheritance.

Partisans...Jesus.

Mac-7
01-08-2016, 11:30 PM
I love it...Barack Obama is 100% responsible for everything that has happened since he became president. George W. Bush is the victim of inheritance.

Partisans...Jesus.

Here's a non partisan who think obumer is a good president.

yuk

Green Arrow
01-08-2016, 11:55 PM
Here's a non partisan who think obumer is a good president.

yuk

Where have I ever said Obama was a good president?

Supply the quote.

TrueBlue
01-09-2016, 12:51 AM

Hi "Wee-Yam", :)
I am basically with you on this. Trump would make a lousy president since he does not have the basic needs of the common person in mind. How could he when he is ultra-rich in the Billions? He could not ever identify with the needs of the Middle Class or the poor. And with his personal distaste for minorities and other groups he can only bring quick division to this country rather than cohesion. Trump therefore, is very wrong for this country, unequivocally.

William
01-09-2016, 02:13 AM
let us see...you don't know much re politics and even less re us politics...everywhere else in the world trump is considered a joke but of course he quite successfully conducts business all over the world...and you want to or might challenge people's support of trump but again you don't know squat re american politics...brilliant son...

I'm not your son, and I'm not talking about how successful Trump is in business, (managing a company is not the same as running a country). And would you rather I claimed to be totally brillo pads about politics, when I know sod all about it? I'm just trying to be honest about my lack of knowledge, and to find out what people here think about Trump as President. Other people have said what they think about it - what makes you so special you can only have a go at me? :huh:

birddog
01-09-2016, 05:41 AM

Partisans...Jesus.

I did not say that. I see you continue to have trouble with the truth!

GRUMPY
01-09-2016, 06:46 AM

Partisans...Jesus.

son, did you just engage in an argument with yourself...did you win...keep up the good work...

Mac-7
01-09-2016, 06:47 AM

Supply the quote.

Equally bad as Bush then?

Can you at least go that far?

In the previous post you slammed birddog for being a partisan because of his crime of not totally hating bush as much as you do.

no one said your president didnt inherit problems too.

What we republican partisans do say - now that YOU brought him up - is that obumer fixed not one damn problem he inherited and in fact made everything worse.

GRUMPY
01-09-2016, 06:57 AM
I'm not your son, and I'm not talking about how successful Trump is in business, (managing a company is not the same as running a country). And would you rather I claimed to be totally brillo pads about politics, when I know sod all about it? I'm just trying to be honest about my lack of knowledge, and to find out what people here think about Trump as President. Other people have said what they think about it - what makes you so special you can only have a go at me? :huh:

son, did i or anyone else say that managing a company is the same as running a country or is this yet another example of a liberal debating themselves...of course running a country is not the same as flitting about being a community organizer either, but i digress...have a go at you, son you speak out your arse and by that i mean on the one hand you present yourself as the sgt schultz of political discussion and of course on the other hand you intend to challenge those supporting trump...you admit to not having an informed opinion immediately after disparaging the man...you are intellectually dishonest son, you and i both know that...your attempt to present yourself as without bias or agenda is just bs...

PolWatch
01-09-2016, 07:34 AM
I think Trump appeals to those who are afraid. He offers no real solutions and becomes angry when pressed on issues. He is like a spoiled bully....used to getting his way and intolerant of other opinions. Those who support him seem to think that he can solve the nation's problems by telling everyone they are fired (as he did on the reality show).

Trump is Clinton's secret weapon.

Peter1469
01-09-2016, 07:36 AM
Hi "Wee-Yam", :)
I am basically with you on this. Trump would make a lousy president since he does not have the basic needs of the common person in mind. How could he when he is ultra-rich in the Billions? He could not ever identify with the needs of the Middle Class or the poor. And with his personal distaste for minorities and other groups he can only bring quick division to this country rather than cohesion. Trump therefore, is very wrong for this country, unequivocally.

The problem is that most everyone running is wrong for America.

Ransom
01-09-2016, 07:52 AM
I think Trump appeals to those who are afraid. He offers no real solutions and becomes angry when pressed on issues. He is like a spoiled bully....used to getting his way and intolerant of other opinions. Those who support him seem to think that he can solve the nation's problems by telling everyone they are fired (as he did on the reality show).

PolWatch, lemme splain something about Trump supporters. You may or may not know this, I'm thinkin you don't......today's Trump supporter already saw a President who offered 'no real solutions' get elected twice. Who also becomes angry when pressed.... or merely stomps his foot declaring I've a pen and a phone. Who has taken Executive Action acting like yes PolWatch, a spoiled bully when he cannot get the People's Representatives to cooperate when he wants to get his way. Trump supporters have just experienced going on 8 years of Obama and his supporters 'who seem to think Obama can solve every nation's problems' in his own highway or my way Presidency. And most importantly, those same Trump supporters have watched you Lefties............. sit and deafen us with your silence. Exposing who is actually acting the spoiled brat. The Left is ok with a 'no real solution, no real leadership, no real resume, Rev Wright influenced, know nothing about anything really President......... but is going to play pretend and act like their upset when 'bully' speech is used, or spoiled if I don't get my way rears its' ugly head?

Oh....I think f'n not. Disingenuous is transparent, note to Leftists wherever you are.

GRUMPY
01-09-2016, 07:53 AM
here is what has happened...trump saw a camera and mic...jumped in front as he is prone to do and i believe just a desire to at the time promote the donald...spoke inarticulately regarding immigration, but clearly expressed a desire to enforce the law and deport illegals...the media went nuts attempting to mischaracterize his statement and of course conventional wisdom deemed this to be the end of whatever aspiration to office he might have had...trump did not apologize and in fact went on the attack doubling down on his statements...unfortunately for the media and the left, trump struck a chord with much of the nation with regard to immigration...he has rode that issue while demonstrating a unique ability to handle both the left and their allies within the media on their own terms...on immigration and trade he grabs people from both sides of the aisle while his so far savvy manipulation of media demonstrate that he is a formidable opponent...he will say and do what reps never have and likely will not...example the handling of the war on women...he literally has bill clinton being chased from campaign events and now, only now are the media starting to even look at the behaviors of bill and hillary's complicity...one other thing boys and girls, the stench of obama has reached such a level that people again on both sides of the aisle find themselves rejecting anyone and anything connected to dc...this of course also explains the rise of cruz for there has been no more anti dc senator than cruz...

Ransom
01-09-2016, 07:55 AM
The problem is that most everyone running is wrong for America.

The problem with this statement is you believe you're the only one who knows what is right for America.

Arrogance Pete, has slayed many a dragon. Even those breathing the most fire(hot air).

GRUMPY
01-09-2016, 07:56 AM

son, trump has offered a clear solution to the issue of the day...immigration...you just don't like his solution, but it seems to resonate with the majority of the american people...

Peter1469
01-09-2016, 07:57 AM
The problem with this statement is you believe you're the only one who knows what is right for America.

Arrogance Pete, has slayed many a dragon. Even those breathing the most fire(hot air).

Coming from a supporter of the Establishment, I take that with a grain of salt.

Green Arrow
01-09-2016, 09:21 AM

In the previous post you slammed birddog for being a partisan because of his crime of not totally hating bush as much as you do.

What we republican partisans do say - now that YOU brought him up - is that obumer fixed not one damn problem he inherited and in fact made everything worse.

I don't hate Bush and I didn't slam birddog for not hating Bush. I called out hypocrisy.

Next time, I'll draw pictures in crayon so you will understand.

Mac-7
01-09-2016, 09:28 AM
Coming from a supporter of the Establishment, I take that with a grain of salt.

By "supporting the establishment" peter means not an anarchist, but a taxpayer, voter and not planting bombs to blow up post offices in protest.

Mac-7
01-09-2016, 09:29 AM
I don't hate Bush and I didn't slam birddog for not hating Bush. I called out hypocrisy.

Next time, I'll draw pictures in crayon so you will understand.

You went out of your way to defend obumer.

That a very partisan thing to do.

Green Arrow
01-09-2016, 09:32 AM
You went out of your way to defend obumer.

That a very partisan thing to do.

I didn't defend Obama, I criticized hypocrisy.

Mac-7
01-09-2016, 09:34 AM

You did defend obama after birddog dared express any sympthy for bush.

Green Arrow
01-09-2016, 09:51 AM
You did defend obama after birddog dared express any sympthy for bush.

I criticized hypocrisy after birddog held Bush and Obama to completely different standards.

Chris
01-09-2016, 10:52 AM
son, did i or anyone else say that managing a company is the same as running a country or is this yet another example of a liberal debating themselves...of course running a country is not the same as flitting about being a community organizer either, but i digress...have a go at you, son you speak out your arse and by that i mean on the one hand you present yourself as the sgt schultz of political discussion and of course on the other hand you intend to challenge those supporting trump...you admit to not having an informed opinion immediately after disparaging the man...you are intellectually dishonest son, you and i both know that...your attempt to present yourself as without bias or agenda is just bs...

Grumpy, stop with the insults and "sons" and other baiting remarks. Discuss topic or find one you can.

Peter1469
01-09-2016, 11:32 AM
By "supporting the establishment" peter means not an anarchist, but a taxpayer, voter and not planting bombs to blow up post offices in protest.

No, but I don't expect you to have the capacity to put words into my mouth.

I would say try again, but that would be cruel.

The Establishment is the globalist cabal that you support when you vote for who you are told to vote for. Same as the dems.

Peter1469
01-09-2016, 11:33 AM

Mac attack doesn't comprehend the difference.

Mac-7
01-09-2016, 12:06 PM
The Establishment is the globalist cabal that you support when you vote for who you are told to vote for. Same as the dems.

Yes Peter, I vote.

Shame on me.

suds00
01-09-2016, 12:15 PM
I believe he'd be impeached if he continues like he has.

Peter1469
01-09-2016, 01:43 PM
Yes Peter, I vote.

Shame on me.

The globalist cabal, don't blink and miss that part.

Hal Jordan
01-09-2016, 02:00 PM
In 2000, he was seen as a joke when he ran for President. What changed? Well, there's the name of the book he's selling with his campaign... :tongue: Seriously, though... I haven't heard anything about his idea for a 14.25% tax on those worth over $10 million. He no longer wants to privatize Social Security. Now he wants to get rid of Obamacare, rather than create it (there was serious consideration given to just going with a single-payer model). He's pretty much the same on immigration, though he has an added focus against Muslims. Also, he's running as a Republican, rather than Reform Party (because the Republicans were "too crazy right").

One thing, while he is a great self-promoter, he is not a great businessman. He would have far more money now if he had invested his inheritance.

William
01-09-2016, 02:55 PM
To those posters who claim I have a 'liberal' agenda, and that's the reason for my OP, let me say that I am not an American, I know very little about American politics, and I'm not even totally sure what 'liberal' means in the USA. Whoever you elect as President will probably not directly affect my life one tiny bit.

I pointed out that everything I have read or heard about him in the non-American media, said he was a bit of a nutter, and over half a million Brits, and a lot of Germans, want him banned from ever entering their countries. Which is why I asked this -

So I'm curious to know if anyone here wants him for President, and why they think he would make a good President. I'm not posting this to make fun of anyone's opinion (but I may challenge reasons,) I would just like to hear considered opinions on why he would make a good national leader.

I repeat, I don't want to know how bad President Obama is, or how bad ex-President Bush was, what I'm curious about is if anyone wants Donald Trump to become the next President of the US, and why they think he would be good for the country. So far, no one has said he wants Trump as the next President cos ... etc.etc. All some people have done is tell others how wrong they are.

Peter1469
01-09-2016, 03:31 PM
It is more of people being tired and fed up with the Establishment.

TrueBlue
01-09-2016, 03:36 PM
To those posters who claim I have a 'liberal' agenda, and that's the reason for my OP, let me say that I am not an American, I know very little about American politics, and I'm not even totally sure what 'liberal' means in the USA. Whoever you elect as President will probably not directly affect my life one tiny bit.

I pointed out that everything I have read or heard about him in the non-American media, said he was a bit of a nutter, and over half a million Brits, and a lot of Germans, want him banned from ever entering their countries. Which is why I asked this -

I repeat, I don't want to know how bad President Obama is, or how bad ex-President Bush was, what I'm curious about is if anyone wants Donald Trump to become the next President of the US, and why they think he would be good for the country. So far, no one has said he wants Trump as the next President cos ... etc.etc. All some people have done is tell others how wrong they are.
The only reason Trump is so popular right now is because he does not represent true Republican ideals therefore, that is a clear rejection of it by the people in general.

Green Arrow
01-09-2016, 03:38 PM
The only reason Trump is so popular right now is because he does not represent true Republican ideals therefore, that is a clear rejection of it by the people in general.

That is an awful mighty stretch there, pardner.

Mac-7
01-09-2016, 03:46 PM

you cannot discuss Trump in a vacuum that ignores history.

Because clinton, bush and obama were such bad presidents the reputation of the professional career politician is in the toilet.

That goes for members of congress also except for a few notable exceptions - bernie sanders for liberals, ted cruz for conservatives, and rand Paul for a few with no label.

what trump is not has as much to do with his standing in the polls as what we think he is.

policy-wise hes a blank page except for immigration.

but what he appears to be is genuine.

when he says he will build a wall and deport illegal aliens we believe him

when he stands up to the liberal news media we applaud him

at the same time I doubt if i will approve of all his policies

he could be quite liberal in ways we have not even considered yet

No one really knows

what trump appears to be is one half of Ronald reagan.

The reagan who was charismatic, persuasive, media savvy.

a leader of people.

but honestly i think cruz is better prepared for the day to day duties of president than trump because he is more studied on the issues than trump.

The other half of reagan without the charisma.

TrueBlue
01-09-2016, 03:47 PM
That is an awful mighty stretch there, pardner.
It may be hard to swallow but it's true, buddy boy.

Peter1469
01-09-2016, 04:07 PM
It may be hard to swallow but it's true, buddy boy.

The irony is there is no substantive difference between the major parties. They are controlled by the same people.

William
01-09-2016, 04:48 PM
you cannot discuss Trump in a vacuum that ignores history.

Because clinton, bush and obama were such bad presidents the reputation of the professional career politician is in the toilet.

That goes for members of congress also except for a few notable exceptions - bernie sanders for liberals, ted cruz for conservatives, and rand Paul for a few with no label.

what trump is not has as much to do with his standing in the polls as what we think he is.

policy-wise hes a blank page except for immigration.

but what he appears to be is genuine.

when he says he will build a wall and deport illegal aliens we believe him

when he stands up to the liberal news media we applaud him

at the same time I doubt if i will approve of all his policies

he could be quite liberal in ways we have not even considered yet

No one really knows

what trump appears to be is one half of Ronald reagan.

The reagan who was charismatic, persuasive, media savvy.

a leader of people.

but honestly i think cruz is better prepared for the day to day duties of president than trump because he is more studied on the issues than trump.

The other half of reagan without the charisma.

Thanks for that, it's the sort of information I was wondering about. I couldn't work out why - when all the information I was getting was that he was just a mega-rich, self-interested, bag of wind, so many Americans seem to think he would be a President who would be good for your country. Just not being President Obama didn't seem to be enough. What you write explains some of it. :smiley:

Mac-7
01-09-2016, 05:09 PM
Thanks for that, it's the sort of information I was wondering about.

I couldn't work out why - when all the information I was getting was that he was just a mega-rich, self-interested, bag of wind, so many Americans seem to think he would be a President who would be good for your country. Just not being President Obama didn't seem to be enough. What you write explains some of it. :smiley:

You're welcome.

but its only my opinion and there is a long waiting list of people here who will tell you I dont what the hell I'm saying

Crepitus
01-09-2016, 05:14 PM
The real reason Trump is so popular right now is that sadly a large portion of our population is easily swayed by empty rhetoric.

Bo-4
01-09-2016, 05:27 PM

Vegas went BIG for Obama in 2012 defying the Romney Landslide Neanderthals.

Oddsmakers (like Nate Silver) are data geeks and they get it right more times than not - which is why Sheldon Adelson is fucking RICH.

Tough concept huh? :)

Bo-4
01-09-2016, 05:30 PM
I just find it difficult in general to get overly excited about the presidency. I have zero say in who gets picked for the job, same as everyone else in this country, so why bother wasting energy on it?

Man, you sound depressed. It's like you think your vote doesn't make a difference and Obama = Bush = Romney = McCain (etc)

See the Doc about an effective mood enhancer.

;-)

Mac-7
01-09-2016, 05:41 PM
Man, you sound depressed. It's like you think your vote doesn't make a difference and Obama = Bush = Romney = McCain (etc)

;-)

The Third Way, non partisan, no labels, independent beautiful people here are perpetually depressed.

Green Arrow
01-09-2016, 05:41 PM

;-)

I have one. It's called getting laid.

Which I can't do until April >_>

TrueBlue
01-09-2016, 05:46 PM
The real reason Trump is so popular right now is that sadly a large portion of our population is easily swayed by empty rhetoric.
That is unequivocally true also! :)

Bo-4
01-09-2016, 06:12 PM
I have one. It's called getting laid.

Which I can't do until April >_>

Down Boy :D

Bo-4
01-09-2016, 06:48 PM

Supply the quote.

Ginormously importante to cool Mac's heels when he calls you, Peter, & many others of your Libertarian persuasion ...

Lib-Lib-LIBBIES

Dumber than fuk actually

Bo-4
01-09-2016, 06:52 PM

Birdy is a mouth-breather .. YOU?

Kinda breathing appropriately but ya both COULD use!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81Yt8Yix2vL._SY355SX253_SY355_CR,0,0,253,355_PIbun dle-2,TopRight,0,0_SX253_SY355_CR,0,0,253,355_SH20_.jp g

Green Arrow
01-09-2016, 07:11 PM
Ginormously importante to cool Mac's heels when he calls you, Peter, & many others of your Libertarian persuasion ...

Lib-Lib-LIBBIES

Dumber than fuk actually

I'm not a libertarian?

Mac-7
01-10-2016, 05:25 PM

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81Yt8Yix2vL._SY355SX253_SY355_CR,0,0,253,355_PIbun dle-2,TopRight,0,0_SX253_SY355_CR,0,0,253,355_SH20_.jp g

Birddog is smarter than you are.

Dr. Who
01-10-2016, 07:38 PM

Please confine your remarks to the topic and not to the membership. See rules 1 and 2.

Crepitus
01-10-2016, 08:15 PM
Birddog is smarter than you are.
That's right, he's a suuper geeenuis. Just ask him he'll tell you all about it.

Mac-7
01-10-2016, 08:16 PM
That's right, he's a suuper geeenuis. Just ask him he'll tell you all about it.

Birddog didnt say it.

I did

Crepitus
01-10-2016, 08:21 PM
Ol' Wile E has said it plenty of times.
Birddog didnt say it.

I did

zelmo1234
01-10-2016, 10:12 PM

This is a very interesting post, as the outsiders have it totally backwards.

Trumps support is not coming form the old Guard, They were behind Walker, Cruz, and Perry,, now most of that support is behind Cruz. some to Rubio, and of course these are not absolutes.

The GOP has spent the last 7 years lying to the people that voted for them. The establishment of the party has moved dramatically to the left, and Trump is a message being sent to that wing of the party.

Win or lose, if Trump gets the nomination, it destroys the progressive wing of the GOP, they know this. But they have a choice to make, get behind Cruz, whom they despise, even more than Trump, and then try and battle back or sink into the shadows and give up political power.

The DNC is just in the beginning phase of a battle between the old Blue Dogs, who will likely vote for Trump and the Socialist wing of the party that is now out in the open for all to see.

zelmo1234
01-10-2016, 10:14 PM

So would you say that GM is successful?

Bankruptcy is a tool that was used by all business, you are hating the player, not the game.

zelmo1234
01-10-2016, 10:19 PM
Trump is attracting interest from people who have discovered that the Establishment parties are wholly corrupt. I would have a hard time taking anyone seriously who would prefer another Bush or Obama type failure.

This is his power, and most on the left believe their voters are not part of this movement.

Hillary is in trouble, at the very least, there is going to be resignations that will point a guilty finger at her, and to a cover up by the DNC and Obama Administration. Add to this that the cat is out of the bag, on the Democrats compassion for minorities and the poor.

The GOP has a base that is ready to toss the baby out with the bathwater if that is what it takes, and thus Trump might get people to vote for him that normally would not, because they understand that he destroys the Establishment wing of the GOP

zelmo1234
01-10-2016, 10:27 PM

What is happening in the USA is the people have had enough of the GOP and the DNC (democrats and republicans)

The Republicans have promised to cut wasteful spending and return the country to constitutional values, and have voted for larger government and not even attempted to uphold the constitution.

The Democrats have been telling the Working poor and Minorities that they are on their side, and the policies they have enacted are totally and completely against this segment of our population. Thus that is why the top 1% have done so well over the last 7 years, and with illegal immigration being not only allowed but condoned, wages have dropped over 5K per year.

Trump appeals to these voters from both parties. We actually may be looking at the beginning of a viable 3rd party. which would be cool.

Trump as a President is likely to be better than expected because he will run it like a business, and likely have the best and brightest people making the decisions and actually run it as an executive. This is to some degree how Bill Clinton and Reagan ran the country.

Mac-7
01-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Trumps support is not coming form the old Guard, They were behind Walker, Cruz, and Perry,, now most of that support is behind Cruz. some to Rubio, and of course these are not absolutes.

The republican establishment it not backing cruz over trump.

thats why mccain questioned cruz's citizenship.

if the establishment prefered cruz they would not be helping trump on that issue.

and make no mistake mccain is speaking for the old bulls in the senate.

Cruz in the oval office would be a nightmare for them

I think the establishment is in shock and really has no logical game plan at this point.