PDA

View Full Version : Secret service: We‘re ’aware‘ of dnc delegate’s threat to ‘kill’ romney

DonGlock26
09-06-2012, 04:46 PM
SECRET SERVICE: WE‘RE ’AWARE‘ OF DNC DELEGATE’S THREAT TO ‘KILL’ ROMNEY

A spokesman for the Secret Service said the agency is “aware” of the video published by TheBlaze that featured a Democratic National Convention delegate saying she would like to “kill” Mitt Romney.

“We are aware of it and we will conduct the appropriate follow-up,” Secret Service spokesman George Ogilvie told TheBlaze Thursday.

Ogilvie said he could not talk specifically about what kind of follow-up the agency was conducting.

In TheBlaze’s video, a woman who identified herself as New York delegate Julia Rodriguez said Romney would “destroy this country” if elected president.

“He will destroy this country completely, she said. “Romney will destroy his country…if I see him I would like to kill him.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/secret-service-were-aware-of-dnc-delegates-threat-to-kill-romney/

Holy cow! A Democrat delegate would like to kill Romney? How much hate can you fit in one party? Maybe they do need the larger venue to fit all the hatred inside?

texmaster
09-06-2012, 04:49 PM
there is no limit to liberal hatred.

Goldie Locks
09-06-2012, 04:49 PM
They arrested a guy for a threat against Ubama, but this person is still free to roam around I guess.

DonGlock26
09-06-2012, 04:57 PM
They arrested a guy for a threat against Ubama, but this person is still free to roam around I guess.

They will need a new Federal Moonbat penitentiary, when Romney is elected.

coolwalker
09-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Can you say Double Standard.

patrickt
09-06-2012, 07:16 PM
I spent years watching liberals foaming at the mouth and wish death for President Bush and Dick Cheney. They are boiling in hatred. Gov. Dean, campaigning for the Democrat nomination to run for President said, "I hate all Republicans and everything they stand for." Hatred is central to their being.

Trinnity
09-06-2012, 09:50 PM
It really is pitiful that these people are so consumed with hatred. I don't hate them. I just think they're immature, and have no common sense or wisdom. That they are selfish, stingy, and self-absorbed couldn't be more obvious.

Brewskier
09-06-2012, 11:13 PM
They will go through the motions of this little "investigation" and then determine that she posed no real threat, and no charges will be made against her. Count on it. They have to appear even-handed, but her getting away with this is a foregone conclusion. She probably knows that already.

Spookycolt
09-07-2012, 12:14 AM
You guys do realize that the Secret Service is not partisan. Its like saying the FBI doesn't go after liberals if they commit a crime. I know that Romney now has his own detail since hes the nominee but I'm not sure if he has the full Presidential investigative support if he is still just a candidate. They may not attribute any more effort to this then they would a threat against a normal citizen.

The President and his family is different of course.

Brewskier
09-07-2012, 12:16 AM
You guys do realize that the Secret Service is not partisan. Its like saying the FBI doesn't go after liberals if they commit a crime. I know that Romney now has his own detail since hes the nominee but I'm not sure if he has the full Presidential investigative support if he is still just a candidate. They may not attribute any more effort to this then they would a threat against a normal citizen.

The Justice Department is supposed to be nonpartisan too, isn't it? Doesn't mean they actually are.

Spookycolt
09-07-2012, 12:18 AM
The Justice Department is supposed to be nonpartisan too, isn't it? Doesn't mean they actually are.

The head of the Justice Department is selected by the current President therefore his policies filter down throughout its employees. The Secret Service isn't nominated by the President.

Big difference.

Brewskier
09-07-2012, 12:25 AM
The head of the Justice Department is selected by the current President therefore his policies filter down throughout its employees. The Secret Service isn't nominated by the President.

Big difference.

Not necessarily a big difference. The head of any of the bureaus might be a partisan and have an agenda that bleeds down. Even though the head of the Justice Department is hand-picked, they are not supposed to be partisan shills and even if they are, that shouldn't affect their job performance. Obviously that's what happened with Obama and Holder, but it could happen if any high ranking official colludes with the corrupt President.

Spookycolt
09-07-2012, 12:27 AM
Not necessarily a big difference. The head of any of the bureaus might be a partisan and have an agenda that bleeds down. Even though the head of the Justice Department is hand-picked, they are not supposed to be partisan shills and even if they are, that shouldn't affect their job performance. Obviously that's what happened with Obama and Holder, but it could happen if any high ranking official colludes with the corrupt President.

No argument with you there but I fail to see what that has to do with the Secret Service not giving due diligence to republicans. That is a clearly unfounded claim. In fact, the majority of people currently protecting Obama and Biden probably are the same ones who protected Bush and his family. They are professionals (except when they are playing with hookers) and I highly doubt they purposefully do a poor job because of someone's ideology.

Brewskier
09-07-2012, 12:31 AM
No argument with you there but I fail to see what that has to do with the Secret Service not giving due diligence to republicans. That is a clearly unfounded claim. In fact, the majority of people currently protecting Obama and Biden probably are the same ones who protected Bush and his family. They are professionals (except when they are playing with hookers) and I highly doubt they purposefully do a poor job because of someone's ideology.

Well, I certainly hope you are right about that. It just seems like liberal Democrats get away with this kind of thing while Republicans don't. The Supreme Court and the Justice Department have been compromised, nothing surprises me anymore.

patrickt
09-07-2012, 06:15 AM

Of course, the federal law enforcement agencies are nonpartisan. They don't look at things like race when considering prosecuting someone for voter intimidation. They don't consider past injustices the criminal claims as having any validity. Heavens, no. They are just impartial prosecutors.

And don't for a minute think that the fact that the party in power controls their budget has any effect. The ABSCAM investigations were extremely popular with Americans and extremely unpopular with politicians. But that hasn't stopped the FBI from pursuing other ABSCAM investigations. Oh, wait a minute. It has.

To say the Secret Service is somehow different is like pointing to a feeding frenzy and saying, "That shark isn't like the others."

Brewskier
09-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Of course, the federal law enforcement agencies are nonpartisan. They don't look at things like race when considering prosecuting someone for voter intimidation. They don't consider past injustices the criminal claims as having any validity. Heavens, no. They are just impartial prosecutors.

And don't for a minute think that the fact that the party in power controls their budget has any effect. The ABSCAM investigations were extremely popular with Americans and extremely unpopular with politicians. But that hasn't stopped the FBI from pursuing other ABSCAM investigations. Oh, wait a minute. It has.

To say the Secret Service is somehow different is like pointing to a feeding frenzy and saying, "That shark isn't like the others."

Some good points, here.