PDA

View Full Version : Are we trying to repeal the right things ...

Cigar
01-11-2016, 09:50 AM
http://i.imgur.com/OYZznfi.png

Chris
01-11-2016, 09:57 AM
Maybe it's time to stop playing partisan politics and start repealing things that don't work.

Chris
01-11-2016, 10:01 AM
3 Ways New ObamaCare Sign-Up Data Are Really Bad News (http://news.investors.com/politics-obamacare/010916-789062-obamacare-signups-show-law-failing-near-poor.htm#ixzz3wwq8kDAk)

The Obama administration has shifted expectations about ObamaCare to such an extent that the latest enrollment data were, quite remarkably, reported as good news.

...One metric that's yet to be reported is what happened to enrollment in the final quarter of 2015, but the indications are that it continued to sink by 5% or more....

...One amusing spin from the Obama administration is that the new group of enrollees — those who didn't re-enroll — is younger than the new group who signed up last year at the same point. But "new enrollees" includes anyone who previously dropped coverage before November. Enrollment sank by nearly 3 million from the 11.7 million total that signed up for 2015, so there is a big pool of young, uninsured former customers that ObamaCare is trying to woo back with the threat of an individual mandate penalty of $695-plus.

...One thing that's clear from the latest enrollment period is that those who sign up close to the wire are much more likely to choose bronze plans — 29% of HealthCare.gov signups did in last year's final month vs. 19% in the first two months. That makes sense, because people who drag their feet but sign up to avoid paying a fine are more likely to opt for the cheapest plan available.

It doesn't help when the government fudges numbers to make it look like something is working when it isn't.

Cigar
01-11-2016, 10:03 AM
Maybe it's time to stop playing partisan politics and start repealing things that don't work.

Obamacare has cut the number of uninsured in half and added collectively 30 Million people who didn't have access to Healthcare.

Is it perfect ... No, has it met it's main goal ... yes.

Chris
01-11-2016, 10:06 AM
Obamacare has cut the number of uninsured in half and added collectively 30 Million people who didn't have access to Healthcare.

The numbers are fudged.

And health insurance is not health care.

donttread
01-11-2016, 10:32 AM

We should repeal the 16th amendment, most gun control laws , the unpatriot act, citizens united and the control, ( "tax") code

Cigar
01-11-2016, 10:34 AM
The numbers are fudged.

And health insurance is not health care.

You can't get Health Care without Insurance ... the numbers are whatever you want to see, so lets just say 7 or 8 fellow Americans are better off today.

I personally know of several loved ones who's lives are infinitely better because of it, and that's more than enough for me.

Chris
01-11-2016, 10:35 AM
You can't get Health Care without Insurance ... the numbers are whatever you want to see, so lets just say 7 or 8 fellow Americans are better off today.

I personally know of several loved ones who's lives are infinitely better because of it, and that's more than enough for me.

Nice appeal to emotions but, yes, you can get health care without insurance. Tell us, what did people do before the invention of health insurance?

Cigar
01-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Nice appeal to emotions but, yes, you can get health care without insurance. Tell us, what did people do before the invention of health insurance?

Actually it's no appeal to anyone emotions, it's just an acknowledgment that I could care less what the critics think. Obamacare is here to stay, so if the GOP wants to spend 50 Million every 8 years trying to repeal reality, then it's ok with me.

Matty
01-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Obamacare would not be so distasteful if it were not mandated. Mandates are not really appreciated. People hate being dictated to and forced to buy insurance. They hate that their premiums went up, their co pays went up, that their deductibles are so high they cannot pay them. Why did the democrats do this to the middle class?

Chris
01-11-2016, 10:42 AM
Actually it's no appeal to anyone emotions, it's just an acknowledgment that I could care less what the critics think. Obamacare is here to stay, so if the GOP wants to spend 50 Million every 8 years trying to repeal reality, then it's ok with me.

Repealing it and solving problems in ways not based on wishful thinking might save lives. How's that for appeal to emotions?

Matty
01-11-2016, 10:44 AM
Oh, and most of all they hate being lied to.

Cigar
01-11-2016, 10:48 AM
The only Poll Numbers that count are the one's after the Election.

Chris
01-11-2016, 10:58 AM
The only Poll Numbers that count are the one's after the Election.

Think you posted in wrong thread.

TrueBlue
01-11-2016, 01:32 PM

It IS time to Repeal Republicans, unequivocally. We cannot allow them to continue to pull the wool over the eyes of the unsuspecting American people and fool them into thinking that they deserve a chance at the White House this year. They don't! What will happen if people vote Republican is that we will most certainly revert to the failed policies of the past under Republicans who do not have the best interest of the Middle Class and the poor in mind. They never have. And unless you are independently wealthy you have no reason to vote Republican! Doing so will be tantamount to shooting yourself in the foot in the long run and you will most certainly live to regret it.

When you see the social programs, for one of many things, begin to take serious CUTS you will realize the error in your voting Republican. But once they are in office it will be too late. So, think clearly NOW and avoid the biggest mistake you can ever make in your life by voting Republican this November!

zelmo1234
01-11-2016, 03:09 PM

Not increasing spending is not a cut. There have been NO cuts.

zelmo1234
01-11-2016, 03:11 PM

Not true. everyone in the USA had access to healthcare.

Now some of the insured under the ACA don't because no Doctors or Hospitals accept it as a form of payment.

zelmo1234
01-11-2016, 03:13 PM
OK these votes cost the tax payers 59 million dollars, What would we have paid the Congress people and Senators if they were not voting on the ACA. Do they get a special premium if they are voting on the ACA

donttread
01-11-2016, 05:47 PM
Not true. everyone in the USA had access to healthcare.

Now some of the insured under the ACA don't because no Doctors or Hospitals accept it as a form of payment.

Are you serious. A few years back there were 46 million uninsured Americans including children, close to 1/6 of the population

zelmo1234
01-11-2016, 05:49 PM
We should repeal the 16th amendment, most gun control laws , the unpatriot act, citizens united and the control, ( "tax") code

It is not possible to repeal citizens united and still tax corporations.

zelmo1234
01-11-2016, 05:51 PM

That is not true it is illegal to refuse healthcare based on someone's ability to pay for it.

However, once you give them ACA insurance you can refuse it because they have the ability to pay.

zelmo1234
01-11-2016, 05:52 PM

Still waiting for someone to tell me how it cost 50 million. Do we pay more for ACA votes, or did we stop paying politicians when they are not voting? How did this cost fifty million

donttread
01-11-2016, 06:06 PM
That is not true it is illegal to refuse healthcare based on someone's ability to pay for it.

However, once you give them ACA insurance you can refuse it because they have the ability to pay.

It's illegal for hospitals but not at all illegal for outpaient medicine

Professor Peabody
01-11-2016, 06:14 PM
Maybe it's time to stop playing partisan politics and start repealing things that don't work. I had Obama Care insurance for a year and a half. Now I have Group Insurance through my employer and what a difference. I actually had an Obama Care "Silver" plan. I live in a Rural area with a small/medium size hospital and 3 medical groups, 1 large and 2 small. The hospital accepts my policy but the 1 large medical group that staffs the hospital doctors does NOT. That means if I'm hospitalized my policy coverages with deductible and yearly out of pocket applies to the Hospital's bill but not the Doctors who would be out of network and covered only 30%. Since the Doctors and Facilities in the area accept Obama Care policies from just 2 providers, the networks are very important. Provider #1's insurance covers a number of doctors in my area, but if I need services like X-Ray, MRI and such I have to drive 45 miles down a mountain road if I don't want to pay 70% of the bill. Provider #2's insurance covers a number of facilities in my area so if I need services like X-Ray, MRI and such they are available locally, however if I want to see a doctor I have to drive 45 miles down a mountain road if I don't want to pay 70% of the bill. Obama Care sucks bad. Now, I have Group Insurance through my employer and I can go pretty much where I want and I'm covered........and pay less.