PDA

View Full Version : tPF FBI probe into Hillary now includes public corruption

Peter1469
01-11-2016, 03:25 PM
FBI's Clinton probe expands to public corruption track (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/11/fbis-clinton-probe-expands-to-public-corruption-track.html)
Not only is she facing serious jail time for violations of the Espionage Act, she is now facing public corruption charges. Not that this is a surprise for those paying attention to her doings.

The FBI investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of private email as secretary of state has expanded to look at whether the possible “intersection” of Clinton Foundation work and State Department business may have violated public corruption laws, three intelligence sources not authorized to speak on the record told Fox News.

This new investigative track is in addition to the focus on classified material found on Clinton’s personal server.

"The agents are investigating the possible intersection of Clinton Foundation donations, the dispensation of State Department contracts and whether regular processes were followed," one source said.

The development follows press reports over the past year about the potential overlap of State Department and Clinton Foundation work, and questions over whether donors benefited from their contacts inside the administration.

The Clinton Foundation is a public charity, known as a 501(c)(3). It had grants and contributions in excess of $144 million in 2013, the most current available data.

Inside the FBI, pressure is growing to pursue the case.

Cigar
01-11-2016, 03:46 PM
I'm no Lawyer, but I play one in my sleep ... :laugh:

Notice the liberal use of Possible and Potential ...

... I'll wait for the liberal use of the word Indicted.

Mac-7
01-11-2016, 03:49 PM
Oh well, she would have been a bad president anyway.

Maybe she will drop out of the race in order to spend more time with her grandchildren.

Peter1469
01-11-2016, 03:52 PM

That is true. The political appointees in DoJ have to work for an indictment and may try to block it.

Cigar
01-11-2016, 03:57 PM
That is true. The political appointees in DoJ have to work for an indictment and may try to block it.

Didn't we have a Senate Investigation?

I think it's already been conceded that it was a bad idea, but she didn't handover the Nuclear Launch Codes to Vladimir Putin :laugh:

Peter1469
01-11-2016, 04:01 PM

I think it's already been conceded that it was a bad idea, but she didn't handover the Nuclear Launch Codes to Vladimir Putin :laugh:

The Espionage Act doesn't require that nuclear launch codes be turned over to Putin in order for there to be a violation.

Common Sense
01-11-2016, 04:19 PM
Sorry Peter, but as with all of these "smoking guns", nothing will likely come of it.

Also the fact that it's a fairly complex and ambiguous topic, the public (outside of Foxnews viewing Republicans) has little interest in it.

Cigar
01-11-2016, 04:22 PM
The Espionage Act doesn't require that nuclear launch codes be turned over to Putin in order for there to be a violation.

Baby Pictures? :huh:

We're talking eMail here folks :laugh:

Peter1469
01-11-2016, 04:23 PM
Sorry Peter, but as with all of these "smoking guns", nothing will likely come of it.

Also the fact that it's a fairly complex and ambiguous topic, the public (outside of Foxnews viewing Republicans) has little interest in it.

The public had little interest in Gen Petraus. And he got busted for a misdemeanor.

Peter1469
01-11-2016, 04:26 PM

If she was indicted, would the base care? Rasmussen checked it out. (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/january_2016/do_voters_think_a_candidate_should_quit_if_indicte d)

Common Sense
01-11-2016, 04:26 PM
The public had little interest in Gen Petraus. And he got busted for a misdemeanor.

True. But this Hillary thing has been going on for some time now. I think if charges were coming, it would have happened by now.

Peter1469
01-11-2016, 04:27 PM
Baby Pictures? :huh:

We're talking eMail here folks :laugh:

Classified email- it is a violation of the Espionage Act to mishandle them.

Peter1469
01-11-2016, 04:28 PM
True. But this Hillary thing has been going on for some time now. I think if charges were coming, it would have happened by now.

The turn towards public corruption is new.

Cletus
01-11-2016, 04:29 PM

Only because she didn't have them.

Matty
01-11-2016, 04:31 PM
If she was indicted, would the base care? Rasmussen checked it out. (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/january_2016/do_voters_think_a_candidate_should_quit_if_indicte d)

Says a a lot about non thinking democrats.

Tahuyaman
01-11-2016, 05:34 PM
Classified email- it is a violation of the Espionage Act to mishandle them.

Now its been said that she told underlings to remove the classified marking on a document send it to her private email. Someone must be talking.

That could be a problem for her.

Peter1469
01-11-2016, 09:59 PM
Now its been said that she told underlings to remove the classified marking on a document send it to her private email. Someone must be talking.

That could be a problem for her.

That email was released with redactions. It is possible that the addressee is talking. But we do know her tech geek is trying to get immunity. He set up the server so he can be charged as well. The FBI has over 150 agents working the case and they were made to sign nondisclosure agreements.

Tahuyaman
01-11-2016, 10:07 PM
That email was released with redactions. It is possible that the addressee is talking. But we do know her tech geek is trying to get immunity. He set up the server so he can be charged as well. The FBI has over 150 agents working the case and they were made to sign nondisclosure agreements.

Still, if she was going to be indicted it would have happened by now. They prosecuted Patreus for only one single email. At the very least they have the same goods on her. I think they are just pulling a stalling maneuver. Delay long enough and the issue will simply die.

The FBI can investigate all they want. They don't have the authority to bring charges. They can only recommend.

The politicos in the Obama justice department just want to stall long enough to safely get out of town.

Tahuyaman
01-11-2016, 10:12 PM
Even if she is prosecuted for a felony crime, do you really think that will prevent her from continuing her campaign? Do you think that will cause her to lose her base of support?

The only thing that would end her campaign and deny her the nomination would be finding her guilty of multiple felonies and having her serve real prison time.

I believe she would would continue her campaign even if she was indicted for felony crimes.

Her base would continue to support her. They may look at that as a plus.

TrueBlue
01-11-2016, 10:17 PM
FBI's Clinton probe expands to public corruption track (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/11/fbis-clinton-probe-expands-to-public-corruption-track.html)

Not only is she facing serious jail time for violations of the Espionage Act, she is now facing public corruption charges. Not that this is a surprise for those paying attention to her doings.
Ah, so it's coming from Fox News huh? Whodathunkit! Just goes to show that they're getting pretty scared about Hillary beating Trump with only eight more months to go that they're dishing out this ol' crapola! :)

Peter1469
01-11-2016, 10:19 PM
Still, if she was going to be indicted it would have happened by now. They prosecuted Patreus for only one single email. At the very least they have the same goods on her. I think they are just pulling a stalling maneuver. Delay long enough and the issue will simply die.

The FBI can investigate all they want. They don't have the authority to bring charges. They can only recommend.

The politicos in the Obama justice department just want to stall long enough to safely get out of town.

The attorney general will have to push the case forward.

Peter1469
01-11-2016, 10:22 PM
Ah, so it's coming from Fox News huh? Whodathunkit! Just goes to show that they're getting pretty scared about Hillary beating Trump with only eight more months to go that they're dishing out this ol' crapola! :)

Ad hom alert!

John Edwards was flying his whore (http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/national-enquirer-now-legit-pulitzer-prize-board/story?id=9887329) around with him and the press and they didn't report on that either. It took the National Enquirer to practice journalism. :shocked:

Tahuyaman
01-11-2016, 10:23 PM
The attorney general will have to push the case forward.

She won't. And if these people leave in protest as you think they will, they will be portrayed as partisans who are angry and bitter.

That being said, this attorney general seems to be a step above that last clown.

TrueBlue
01-11-2016, 10:24 PM
The turn towards public corruption is new.
Of course it's new and the only thing they have now thought up as an emergency measure to try to use against Hillary Clinton since Benghazi and the E-mail scandal fell flat and didn't work for them. Neither will this piece of crap. Wait and see! :)

Peter1469
01-11-2016, 10:25 PM
She won't. And if these people leave in protest as you think they will, they will be portrayed as partisans who are angry and bitter.

That being said, this attorney general seems to be a step above that last clown.

No serious person will believe that career agents and DOJ attorneys would resign for political reasons. Most career government employees don't like the politics affecting their duties.

Peter1469
01-11-2016, 10:25 PM
Of course it's new and the only thing they have now thought up as an emergency measure to try to use against Hillary Clinton since Benghazi and the E-mail scandal fell flat and didn't work for them. Neither will this piece of crap. Wait and see! :)

New to us. The investigation isn't all that new.

TrueBlue
01-11-2016, 10:27 PM
Ad hom alert!

John Edwards was flying his whore (http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/national-enquirer-now-legit-pulitzer-prize-board/story?id=9887329) around with him and the press and they didn't report on that either. It took the National Enquirer to practice journalism. :shocked:
Oh gimme a break already. John Edwards is such history. This is a new piece of trash that they're trying to concoct against Hillary Clinton. Won't work though.

Ransom
01-11-2016, 10:28 PM
Best be concerned she doesn't get beaten by Sanders. Forget Fox News, you got someone in your rearview that ain't in a red car. Uh oh.

Peter1469
01-11-2016, 10:31 PM
Oh gimme a break already. John Edwards is such history. This is a new piece of trash that they're trying to concoct against Hillary Clinton. Won't work though.

I was pointing out an example where the press didn't report news about their candidate. You know, like Hillary's violation :smiley: of the Espionage Act and public corruption charges?

TrueBlue
01-11-2016, 10:32 PM
Best be concerned she doesn't get beaten by Sanders. Forget Fox News, you got someone in your rearview that ain't in a red car. Uh oh.
Gotta Luv That Ol' Republican Gloom and Doom! http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/ahswen/6.gif

TrueBlue
01-11-2016, 10:39 PM
I was pointing out an example where the press didn't report news about their candidate. You know, like Hillary's violation :smiley: of the Espionage Act and public corruption charges?
There can be little doubt that a responsible press would not report on something that they knew could not hold up legally and would only make them look like amateur reporters that don't do their homework well.

Peter1469
01-11-2016, 10:42 PM
There can be little doubt that a responsible press would not report on something that they knew could not hold up legally and would only make them look like amateur reporters that don't do their homework well.

The National Enquirer may scoop the "press" again. :wink:

TrueBlue
01-11-2016, 10:46 PM
The National Enquirer may scoop the "press" again. :wink:
Ah yes. And since "Enquiring minds want to know" these things and it sells many copies why not give it a try? :)

Tahuyaman
01-11-2016, 11:04 PM
No serious person will believe that career agents and DOJ attorneys would resign for political reasons. Most career government employees don't like the politics affecting their duties.

Hillary's operatives know that the media will be in her corner and that her supporters will not only believe it, they will parrot it.

History has shown that when she gets into trouble, she goes into character assaination mode and her willing accomplices rally to the cause.

Tahuyaman
01-11-2016, 11:08 PM

New to us. The investigation isn't all that new.

TrueBlue is right in that nothing will come of this, but not for the reasons he thinks. It's not because Hilliary is clean in all of this.

texan
01-11-2016, 11:16 PM

Yes I noticed what people do that are reporting without complete facts. I never see these when you go racial with your racial hero's the Obama admin. You guys just roll on the police without any common sense or a fact most of the time.

The pot calling the kettle black, pun intended. I am the Grinder.

texan
01-11-2016, 11:19 PM

Not a question of it is a good or bad idea...................Shouldn't have anointed her, this is about to get messy, and again it won't be the republicans fault.

BTW I bet you wish it was the Senate. Do remember it was a Clinton appointee judge that got this really kicked off! When you think of him think of him kindly....

texan
01-12-2016, 12:16 AM
EXCLUSIVE: The FBI investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of private email as secretary of state has expanded to look at whether the possible “intersection” of Clinton Foundation work and State Department business may have violated public corruption laws, three intelligence sources not authorized to speak on the record told Fox News.
This new investigative track is in addition to the focus on classified material found on Clinton’s personal server.
"The agents are investigating the possible intersection of Clinton Foundation donations, the dispensation of State Department contracts and whether regular processes were followed," one source said.
Clinton, speaking to the Des Moines Register, on Monday pushed back on the details of a second investigative track. According to reporter Jennifer Jacobs, Clinton said Monday she has heard nothing from the FBI.
"No, there’s nothing like that that is happening," Clinton said, according to a tweet from Jacobs.
Experts including a former senior FBI agent said the bureau does not have to notify the subject of an investigation.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/11/fbis-clinton-probe-expands-to-public-corruption-track.html

Peter1469
01-12-2016, 06:03 AM
Hillary's operatives know that the media will be in her corner and that her supporters will not only believe it, they will parrot it.

History has shown that when she gets into trouble, she goes into character assaination mode and her willing accomplices rally to the cause.

Her poll numbers are dropping. The voters aren't always stupid. Just sometimes.

Common
01-12-2016, 06:05 AM
Suddenly the heats on Hillary, not only has Bernie overtaken her lead suddenly, biden came out publically and praised bernie. Not a glaring endorsement but praise none the less

Tahuyaman
01-12-2016, 10:45 AM
Suddenly the heats on Hillary, not only has Bernie overtaken her lead suddenly, biden came out publically and praised bernie. Not a glaring endorsement but praise none the less

He's overtaken her in one poll. He's closed the gap in the others, but she is still going to be the nominee.

Peter1469
01-12-2016, 05:21 PM
Unless she gets indicted. Word is the FBI is close to bringing a list to the AG.

Obama would pardon her before he leaves anyway.

del
01-12-2016, 05:26 PM
Unless she gets indicted. Word is the FBI is close to bringing a list to the AG.

i doubt it. the only reason he brought her into his admin was to keep her from running her mouth.

i think he'd let her take her chances with a jury

Peter1469
01-12-2016, 05:34 PM
i doubt it. the only reason he brought her into his admin was to keep her from running her mouth.

i think he'd let her take her chances with a jury

That would be interesting.

Tahuyaman
01-12-2016, 06:57 PM

I'm not so sure about that one.