PDA

View Full Version : A new Idea for Social Programs.

zelmo1234
01-11-2016, 06:11 PM
First I would like to say that Disability in the USA is a travesty. So I would like to change the to a system that provides the Median income for the region that the person lives divide the nation into 10 zones plus Alaska and Hawaii

Then institute a medical review every 5 years to make sure that nobody is scamming the system

Unemployment. Would pay the exact amount that you were making no matter that amount. but it would be reduced by 5% every pay period (usually two weeks) until it is gone.

And the welfare system would be much the same, with a little slower rate of decline. So someone on Welfare would get a 25% increase over what they are receiving right now. Food Stamps would stay the same. If they are in School and maintaining a C average or better these benefits stay the same until they complete their schooling, or vocational training.

After that every 3 months they lose 10% of their benefits, until they are gone.

Now I am sure that some of you bleeding hearts are going to be crying about the children. And I have that taken care of too. Boarding house Schools that would not only create jobs but get some of these children out of really bad situations. Parents would have weekend visitations and hell lets do a BBQ just so the parents get one good meal a week.

What could be better for the people paying for, and in truth those on the program as well.

del
01-11-2016, 06:12 PM
^

small govt guy

zelmo1234
01-11-2016, 06:14 PM
^

small govt guy

I think so, what would be actually increase the size of Government?

We already have public schools, Welfare, Unemployment, and Disability?

I five years all of the Welfare Queens would be off the system. and It would reduce the size and expense of Government would it not?

del
01-11-2016, 06:18 PM
no, it wouldn't

unless you think all the public schools in the country are boarding schools and are already staffed 24/7

and that we already have *medical review* boards

other than that, it's a brilliant idea- like getting divorced because teh gheys can marry... absolutely brilliant

Common Sense
01-11-2016, 06:25 PM
Welfare Queens are an urban myth...

Actually, probably a suburban and rural myth.

zelmo1234
01-11-2016, 08:05 PM
Welfare Queens are an urban myth...

Actually, probably a suburban and rural myth.

Over 40% of people on Welfare are one it for 5 years. And Yes I think that the problem is rural as well as in the cities.

The truth is we can't afford it. So something is going to have to be done. SS can be taken care of and made so much better with a Private investment program. Leaving the employer contributions in 30 years to take care of the social programs.

But that is still too much of a burden. Unless we go through default and the dollar collapse, in which case all social programs end. so they are not an issue. But I would rather not do that. which means drastic changes to the system.

del
01-11-2016, 08:06 PM
we should start by eliminating sec 8 housing.

too many freeloaders on both sides

zelmo1234
01-11-2016, 08:10 PM
no, it wouldn't

unless you think all the public schools in the country are boarding schools and are already staffed 24/7

and that we already have *medical review* boards

other than that, it's a brilliant idea- like getting divorced because teh gheys can marry... absolutely brilliant

This is where Liberals go wrong. First we don't need medical review boards. we already have this in place for people applying for disability, which I have a feeling you already know. Every 5 years when the person goes in for their ACA mandated yearly check-up there would be an extra part for the doctor to fill out on the status of the disability. Nothing more.

Boarding Schools could be private, and they should be private. and the money saved from the public schools and the people no longer trapped in the system created for them by Democrats would more than pay for this. There are plenty of empty factories, schools, and Prisons to change into these boarding schools.

Add to this the fact that people will catch on real quick and they will be accepting those jobs that Americans currently will not do, and that will leave the illegals with no work, and no way to get on the social system. Saving even more money.

Now I am sure someone of the status and brilliance of yourself, would be happy to share a better Idea and I am happy to listen.

zelmo1234
01-11-2016, 08:14 PM
we should start by eliminating sec 8 housing.

too many freeloaders on both sides

I totally agree, it is a total and complete scam, I will be very happy for 2019 when the last contract on the developments that I purchased expires and I can change them into regular housing.

think of it this way, there are millions of people in this country that get help with housing payments. but most developers are not like me and debt free. Therefore they have to keep the units rented. So if the occupant is paying 450.00 and they are getting 350.00 from the state, if the state stops paying? what is the landlord to do.

The people can't afford 800.00 and he can't afford to have the place empty. they would have to rent it for the market rate of 450.00

You are totally correct.

del
01-11-2016, 08:27 PM
uh huh, you're not like the others, right?

lol

Cigar
01-11-2016, 08:28 PM
First I would like to say that Disability in the USA is a travesty. So I would like to change the to a system that provides the Median income for the region that the person lives divide the nation into 10 zones plus Alaska and Hawaii

Then institute a medical review every 5 years to make sure that nobody is scamming the system

Unemployment. Would pay the exact amount that you were making no matter that amount. but it would be reduced by 5% every pay period (usually two weeks) until it is gone.

And the welfare system would be much the same, with a little slower rate of decline. So someone on Welfare would get a 25% increase over what they are receiving right now. Food Stamps would stay the same. If they are in School and maintaining a C average or better these benefits stay the same until they complete their schooling, or vocational training.

Now I am sure that some of you bleeding hearts are going to be crying about the children. And I have that taken care of too. Boarding house Schools that would not only create jobs but get some of these children out of really bad situations. Parents would have weekend visitations and hell lets do a BBQ just so the parents get one good meal a week.

What could be better for the people paying for, and in truth those on the program as well.

So let me get this straight ... so the US Economy is doing great? :laugh:

Chris
01-11-2016, 08:56 PM
zelmo1234, it's a good idea inasmuch as it plans assistance as a safety net with provision of diminishing assistance in time so it doesn't become a safety hammock. It fits with the economic law of diminishing returns. The longer people remain out of the workforce their marginal value to society diminishes. Your idea gives gradual incentive to rejoin the workforce.

zelmo1234
01-11-2016, 09:36 PM
So let me get this straight ... so the US Economy is doing great? :laugh:

NO, there are 11 million jobs in the USA currently being filled by illegal workers. That is a start.

zelmo1234
01-11-2016, 09:50 PM
First Thanks Chris for looking at the merits of the program.

Those on the left, are not willing to change anything in the current system. A system that is failing the people of this country.

So the question is, Why are they so unwilling to change? I would love for them to shed some light on this.

donttread
01-12-2016, 08:57 AM

Bandaids for a system that simply can no longer generate enough good jobs

Bo-4
01-12-2016, 09:08 AM
Take kids away from their parents and put them in BOARDING SCHOOL?

Nice - a nanny state with REALLY big, overreaching gub-ment.

:rofl:

Chris
01-12-2016, 09:08 AM
First Thanks Chris for looking at the merits of the program.

Those on the left, are not willing to change anything in the current system. A system that is failing the people of this country.

So the question is, Why are they so unwilling to change? I would love for them to shed some light on this.

Half those on the left are mere peanut gallery hecklers who mock to hide the fact they don't even have so much as an opinion to express.

Chris
01-12-2016, 09:10 AM

You're suddenly anti-statist?

http://i.snag.gy/YS0zJ.jpg

zelmo1234
01-12-2016, 06:04 PM

If the parents are not fit to raise the children, YES and with the parents cut off from the Nanny state funds it would still be much cheaper than the entire family on Welfare.

This is a system that would not effect those that are not abusing it at all. but it would destroy evidence

zelmo1234
01-12-2016, 06:05 PM
Half those on the left are mere peanut gallery hecklers who mock to hide the fact they don't even have so much as an opinion to express.

They have been taught not to have an opinion. I am not sure they could change, even if they wanted to.

William
01-12-2016, 07:35 PM

Nothing wrong with boarding schools - Eton, Harrow, Winchester, and Rugby, as well as The Kings School where I go, are all boarding schools - and most people would kill their gran to get a place in any of those. :grin:

Didn't you read that the British Empire was won on the playing fields of Eton? And I'm told that going for your first job with any of those schools on your CV is no disadvantage. :wink:

But Lol, I guess you didn't have schools with fees of 50,000 pounds a year in mind. :laugh:

BleedingHeadKen
01-12-2016, 08:13 PM
^

small govt guy

Anyone who argues that the government is better suited to raising children than the parents, even if it's because the parents aren't productive enough, is not a "small govt guy."

BleedingHeadKen
01-12-2016, 08:16 PM
Nothing wrong with boarding schools - Eton, Harrow, Winchester, and Rugby, as well as The Kings School where I go, are all boarding schools - and most people would kill their gran to get a place in any of those. :grin:

Didn't you read that the British Empire was won on the playing fields of Eton? And I'm told that going for your first job with any of those schools on your CV is no disadvantage. :wink:

But Lol, I guess you didn't have schools with fees of 50,000 pounds a year in mind. :laugh:

There's plenty wrong with boarding schools, with some exceptions where there is significant wealth involved and the staff actually have to care about their charges.

William
01-12-2016, 08:48 PM
There's plenty wrong with boarding schools, with some exceptions where there is significant wealth involved and the staff actually have to care about their charges.

You ever been to a boarding school? But I was being a little bit ironical - the minor boarding schools which litter the English countryside suck, but the good ones are pretty good. :grin:

BleedingHeadKen
01-12-2016, 10:30 PM
You ever been to a boarding school? But I was being a little bit ironical - the minor boarding schools which litter the English countryside suck, but the good ones are pretty good. :grin:

I've had plenty of English friends who grew up in boarding schools, and not ones for the rich kids.

On the other hand, my nieces went to one of the best boarding schools in the US. It was a world of difference in how the kids are treated.