PDA

View Full Version : tPF Are YOU, Personally, as as Individual Better Off TODAY than you were Jan 20th 2009?

Cigar
01-12-2016, 08:15 AM
Well it's that time again ...

What this Thread is NOT about ...

It's NOT about George W Bush
It's NOT about Barack H Obama
It's NOT about ANYONE ELSE but YOU, Personally and you as a Human Individual

You can discuss your Economics or your Health, or anything that pertains and related to YOU ONLY.

Not your Mother, Not your Father, Not your Kids or Dog or friends, family or community or country ...

JUST YOU! Are you Better Off Today than you were January 20th 2009?

Are you capable? :grin:

Matty
01-12-2016, 08:28 AM
I wish you had put an " I'm hanging in there "option.

PolWatch
01-12-2016, 08:31 AM
I voted 'yes' but I think I'm really no better or worse....unless you want to count being older & meaner in the poll?

Cigar
01-12-2016, 08:34 AM
I remember I was in Las Vegas on March 2 and watching one of the TV's in the bar that night.

The DOW had hit 6627, the Government was talking about Nationalizing General Motors, the Unemployment rate rose from 7.6 to 8.2% and the unemployed increased by 851,000 to total 12.5 Million. Over the last 12 months, the number of unemployed people increased 5 Million.

... and was there with my business partner trying to close one deal that would define our year.

The good news was, the client didn't panic and we were able to squeak by that year with even numbers on the books.

Cigar
01-12-2016, 08:35 AM
I wish you had put an " I'm hanging in there "option.

If you're hanging in there, you're doing better than a lot of people.

Cigar
01-12-2016, 08:37 AM
I voted 'yes' but I think I'm really no better or worse....unless you want to count being older & meaner in the poll?

I tread water for 2009, through 2010, then we had a breakout year in 2011.

Cigar
01-12-2016, 10:21 AM
:grin: This is a Great Argument Squashier at The Bar when guys start Ragging and melting your Ice in your Drink :laugh:

Chris
01-12-2016, 10:30 AM
I'm better off because I have more time and that makes people happier.

Cigar
01-12-2016, 10:42 AM
I'm better off because I have more time and that makes people happier.

I'm better of because I have a better peace of mind, less stress, less anxiety and a greater outlook for the future.

I better lock the door before someone comes in a screws that up.

Subdermal
01-12-2016, 10:43 AM
I'm better off.

But that is expected. Those with means are better insulated from stupidity and damage that politicians can do.

That's not the point, though: the economy has become compartmentalized. Those who had or have means have done much better; those without have largely done worse.

My own home is still worth today what it was worth when I built it, so not all things are rosy. I have zero doubt whatsoever that I'd be MUCH better off had we not had a ridiculous strategy to prompt economic recovery; had we not had the housing crash caused by stupid economic policy instigated by CRAs.

Cigar
01-12-2016, 10:53 AM
I'm better off.

But that is expected. Those with means are better insulated from stupidity and damage that politicians can do.

That's not the point, though: the economy has become compartmentalized. Those who had or have means have done much better; those without have largely done worse.

My own home is still worth today what it was worth when I built it, so not all things are rosy. I have zero doubt whatsoever that I'd be MUCH better off had we not had a ridiculous strategy to prompt economic recovery; had we not had the housing crash caused by stupid economic policy instigated by CRAs.

At the end of the day, it's all a matter of personal perspective and personal impact. Example, you could have had all the money in the world 8 years ago and nothing to day, or nothing 8 years ago and significantly better off today, or no better or worse than you were 8 years ago.

It's your own personal story and how your world turns and not anyone else.

If people actually looked at things as they are and not as they like to see it, we'd all have a better grip on reality and less tendency for blame on completely unrelated issues.

Chris
01-12-2016, 11:21 AM
I'm better of because I have a better peace of mind, less stress, less anxiety and a greater outlook for the future.

I better lock the door before someone comes in a screws that up.

You seem worried you'll lose your worry-free life. :D

Cigar
01-12-2016, 11:27 AM
You seem worried you'll lose your worry-free life. :D

It Snowed last night ... so I'm sure someone is going to ask me to Shovel or snow-blow the driveway any minute now.

Chris
01-12-2016, 11:29 AM
It Snowed last night ... so I'm sure someone is going to ask me to Shovel or snow-blow the driveway any minute now.

Move to Texas. Snows once every 7 years, doesn't last a day, no one has snow shovels, no salt to rust your vette.

pragmatic
01-12-2016, 11:31 AM
Better off. And for that i thank Obama.

I was also way better off in 2008 than i was in 2001. But that was in spite of that rascal Bush.

Truth Detector
01-12-2016, 11:34 AM
Better off. And for that i thank Obama.

How did Obama make YOU better off?

I bet a lot of young blacks wish they could share your feelings. Unfortunately for them, they are much worse off. But then, since when did liberals actually care about the plight of blacks other than to bus them poll stations on Election Day?

Cigar
01-12-2016, 11:37 AM

I bet a lot of young blacks wish they could share your feelings. Unfortunately for them, they are much worse off. But then, since when did liberals actually care about the plight of blacks other than to bus them poll stations on Election Day?

Did you even read the first post? :rollseyes:

Or did you select you're not capable?

Cigar
01-12-2016, 11:39 AM
Move to Texas. Snows once every 7 years, doesn't last a day, no one has snow shovels, no salt to rust your vette.

It's Fiberglass ... like most Vetts :laugh:

Chris
01-12-2016, 11:41 AM

OK, stay up there with the ice and sleet and snow.

nathanbforrest45
01-12-2016, 11:44 AM
Economically I am about the same as I was in 2009. No thanks to anyone other than myself. Politically, I am a lot worse off thanks to lost freedoms and the near constant attacks on the Constitution and the support of our sworn enemies by allowing them free assess to this country.

Jan 2017 can't come fast enough to rid us of this mold in the White House.

Cigar
01-12-2016, 11:45 AM
OK, stay up there with the ice and sleet and snow.

The end of next week I'll be in Melbourne Florida for a Jazz Fest, then Pembroke Pines, then Naples for Golfing :laugh:

Just because you have a Home in the Midwest, doesn't mean you have to stay there. :grin:

Cigar
01-12-2016, 11:48 AM
Economically I am about the same as I was in 2009. No thanks to anyone other than myself. Politically, I am a lot worse off thanks to lost freedoms and the near constant attacks on the Constitution and the support of our sworn enemies by allowing them free assess to this country.

Jan 2017 can't come fast enough to rid us of this mold in the White House.

I have to say, it takes effort to be the same as in 2009, is that by design?

Why are you going to wait a year for anything? You could be dead in Jan 2017.

Bo-4
01-12-2016, 11:49 AM
No they're not capable.

The two worser-offer's lives have been turned upside down ever since the Mooslim Marxist from Kenya beat them twice.

Cigar
01-12-2016, 11:50 AM

Is it possible you have some young blacks in your family that you're worried about?

If so, they're your problem, so do something about it.

This thread is about personal responsibility and how YOU are Personally.

MisterVeritis
01-12-2016, 11:51 AM
If you're hanging in there, you're doing better than a lot of people.
Well. I never once imagined you would tell the truth. Perhaps you stumbled into it.

Cigar
01-12-2016, 11:51 AM
No they're not capable.

The two worser-offer's lives have been turned upside down ever since the Mooslim Marxist from Kenya beat them twice.

Then it's their fault ... and they deserve what happens to them.

I thought Conservatives where the Personal Responsibility Types? So why are they b!tching and complaining about someone having control over their own lives?

Cigar
01-12-2016, 11:53 AM
Well. I never once imagined you would tell the truth. Perhaps you stumbled into it.

People are in control of their own lives, but sh!t happens, so ....

pragmatic
01-12-2016, 12:29 PM
Did you even read the first post? :rollseyes:

Or did you select you're not capable?

I hate rules.

Call me a rebel.....

Cigar
01-12-2016, 12:33 PM
I hate rules.

Call me a rebel.....

It's not a Rule, they are parameters for the discussion ...

This discussion isn't about who YOU Blame for YOU not doing better or worse, because the assumption for this discussion, is that you're in control of your life, not the individual or individuals you're blaming.

Subdermal
01-12-2016, 12:43 PM

The frame isn't - and you'd better not be driving that thing in the winter regardless.

Subdermal
01-12-2016, 12:44 PM
The end of next week I'll be in Melbourne Florida for a Jazz Fest, then Pembroke Pines, then Naples for Golfing :laugh:

Just because you have a Home in the Midwest, doesn't mean you have to stay there. :grin:

Where you golfing in Naples? I'm down there regularly for golf. I recommend Treviso Bay. Last time down (in December), I golfed Mustang (I think Flamingo in Lely was closed), and Esplanade.

Cigar
01-12-2016, 12:55 PM
Where you golfing in Naples? I'm down there regularly for golf. I recommend Treviso Bay. Last time down (in December), I golfed Mustang (I think Flamingo in Lely was closed), and Esplanade.

Heritage Bay and Tiburon in Naples ... I have a place at Heritage Bay

Plamera and Boniata Bay in Boniata Springs ... and Plamera is where I'm going to lay my hat when I retire

texan
01-13-2016, 01:14 AM
I remember I was in Las Vegas on March 2 and watching one of the TV's in the bar that night.

The DOW had hit 6627 (401K's are the same as they were before so we are even not better), the Government was talking about Nationalizing General Motors (So, they have "talked about stuff like that over the years several times GTE Verizon, Dodge etc. someone talking means nothing), the Unemployment rate rose from 7.6 to 8.2% (now we hide the number with even Paul Krugman admitting Sunday at least 60 mil wanting to work can't and are out of the counting) and the unemployed increased by 851,000 to total 12.5 Million. Over the last 12 months, the number of unemployed people increased 5 Million.

... and was there with my business partner trying to close one deal that would define our year.

The good news was, the client didn't panic and we were able to squeak by that year with even numbers on the books.

You wish it is this simple...........

-Debt is off the charts

-GDP sucks

-If you want the most important indicator? Interest rates stayed the same except for the last month..............Raising them may be a mistake it certainly isn't clear.

- Here is the killer for you lying democrats, the RICH GOT RICHER and the middle class continues to take income cuts. Thanks for being for the small guy, probably Bush's fault.

These are the facts and they are indisputable.