PDA

View Full Version : What do we really mean when we say........

donttread
01-14-2016, 12:28 PM
What do we mean when we say the Latino vote or the gay vote, the women's vote, the gun owners vote, the gun control vote, the pro choice or "pro life vote, the minority vote etc
Have we become a nation of one issue voters? Have we become a nation where people who identify with a group simply adopt the group's majority voting habits.

Divide we fall. Yes, even further

Mac-7
01-14-2016, 12:35 PM
Its the way political scientists in academia think and talk.

Beevee
01-14-2016, 12:59 PM
It's what the government and media feed you.

Divide and conquer.

Cigar
01-14-2016, 01:07 PM
I can help explain 3 ...

A) Latino Vote; my Wife, her family, friends and co-workers don't like what Republicans say about them
B) Women Vore; my Wife, her family, friends and co-workers don't like what Republicans say about them
C) Black Vote; I, my Wife, her family, friends and co-workers don't like what Republicans say about themIn

I other words. it's personal :wink: always has been, always will be.

Chris
01-14-2016, 01:10 PM
Political correctness.

donttread
01-14-2016, 01:36 PM
I can help explain 3 ...

A) Latino Vote; my Wife, her family, friends and co-workers don't like what Republicans say about them
B) Women Vore; my Wife, her family, friends and co-workers don't like what Republicans say about them
C) Black Vote; I, my Wife, her family, friends and co-workers don't like what Republicans say about themIn

Personal sure. Most people vote in their own perceived best interest. However, most people have lousy perception

Standing Wolf
01-14-2016, 01:43 PM
When the politicians on one "side" act just like the politicians on the other "side" once they get into office, what is left but single issue voting?

Cigar
01-14-2016, 01:45 PM
Political correctness.

IF you want to call it that ...

Good, the days after The Presidential Election, people get corrected. :wink:

Chris
01-14-2016, 01:46 PM
IF you want to call it that ...

Good, the days after The Presidential Election, people get corrected. :wink:

Cultural Marxism?

Cigar
01-14-2016, 01:47 PM
Personal sure. Most people vote in their own perceived best interest. However, most people have lousy perception

... that happens when opinions are formed of people they know NOTHING about.

Standing Wolf
01-14-2016, 01:53 PM
... that happens when opinions are formed of people they know NOTHING about.

Like when folks who know absolutely nothing about guns try to formulate State policies about them?

Peter1469
01-14-2016, 02:53 PM
I can help explain 3 ...

So they vote for a party that sidelines them instead.

donttread
01-14-2016, 03:19 PM
When the politicians on one "side" act just like the politicians on the other "side" once they get into office, what is left but single issue voting?

3rd parties

Safety
01-14-2016, 04:23 PM
So they vote for a party that sidelines them instead.

At least they're at the game, maybe the coach will play them.

Crepitus
01-14-2016, 04:57 PM
Yes, we have become a nation of single issue voters and party line voters.

Here in Kansas the only two issues that ever seem to get discussed are abortion and gun control. They even ask the school board candidates about them. If you aren't pro gun and anti abortion you cannot get elected. On the other hand if you are pro gun and anti abortion and vocal enough about it the dumb ass rednecks around here don't care if there's film of you eating babies for breakfast while masturbating and snorting coke off a transvestite hooker, you're in.

donttread
01-14-2016, 06:35 PM
Yes, we have become a nation of single issue voters and party line voters.

Here in Kansas the only two issues that ever seem to get discussed are abortion and gun control. They even ask the school board candidates about them. If you aren't pro gun and anti abortion you cannot get elected. On the other hand if you are pro gun and anti abortion and vocal enough about it the dumb ass rednecks around here don't care if there's film of you eating babies for breakfast while masturbating and snorting coke off a transvestite hooker, you're in.

Wow, talk about a multitasker!