PDA

View Full Version : New York Rep Peter King to Ted Cruz: Go back under a rock!

Bo-4
01-14-2016, 02:38 PM
Boy, they really love Calgary Ted in Congress! :cool:

"Memo to Ted Cruz: New York Values are the heroes of 9/11; the cops who fight terror; and the people you ask for campaign donations. Go back under a rock,” Rep. King said in a statement mailed to POLITICO Thursday in regard to Cruz’s comments about “New York values.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/peter-king-ted-cruz-217768

Common
01-14-2016, 02:42 PM
The republican senate never liked Ted Cruz. Ted Cruz's campaign plan was layed out as soon as he declared candidacy. He was going to be quieter kinder Ted. Id bet that is just for the campaign and if he won he would go right back to being the crazy far right wanker that he is. People are forgeting his antics in the senate.

Bo-4
01-14-2016, 02:48 PM
The republican senate never liked Ted Cruz. Ted Cruz's campaign plan was layed out as soon as he declared candidacy. He was going to be quieter kinder Ted. Id bet that is just for the campaign and if he won he would go right back to being the crazy far right wanker that he is. People are forgeting his antics in the senate.

Wanker is the perfect adjective for Cruz.

http://www.edexam.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/wanker.jpg

donttread
01-14-2016, 02:51 PM

"Memo to Ted Cruz: New York Values are the heroes of 9/11; the cops who fight terror; and the people you ask for campaign donations. Go back under a rock,” Rep. King said in a statement mailed to POLITICO Thursday in regard to Cruz’s comments about “New York values.”

Well Wall Street , which embodies no values, is in NYC soo

Mac-7
01-14-2016, 04:15 PM

King would cry like a baby if anyone talked to him that way.

Bo-4
01-14-2016, 04:16 PM
King would cry like a baby if anyone talked to him that way.

Hey, King's an Islamophobe - shouldn't you LOVE the guy? ;-)

texan
01-14-2016, 05:36 PM
The Senate never liked Cruz he wouldn't conform, did what his constituents wanted. The others hate that, conform or be hated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS9mbl4twdU

Bo-4
01-14-2016, 05:46 PM
The Senate never liked Cruz he wouldn't conform, did what his constituents wanted. The others hate that, conform or be hated.

@texan (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=979) So whom do you support to be our next POTUS?

leekohler2
01-14-2016, 05:48 PM

Or, just maybe he's a genuine a**hole. ;)

Bo-4
01-14-2016, 05:50 PM

Yep, Ted has serious personality issues .. NOT presidential material.

texan
01-14-2016, 06:01 PM
He could be a jerk for sure. That doesn't mean anything jerks have successfully governed.........

Who do I support? Hummm

I have always liked Rubio, I am kind of a renegade like Trump. I am completely anti Hillary, they need to be gone and she is nothing special. She is coat-tailing big time. Every position she has had is created not earned. Senator? LOL carpetbagged to a layup. SOS? LOL deal cut with Obama who doesn't like/trust her that much. Check the box on resume...........Get out of here you are no friend to women just see the attack room you ran on Bill's ho's.

Here is the deal, its time for a change. If we don't get business going this "new economy" (Obama's word's) is going to get worse. New economy means I couldn't improve it get used to it! I don't accept this uncompetitive economic plan. I will vote republican to change the dynamics. It isn't going to stop social progress. Obama didn't change things the courts did..............Give me economy.

Green Arrow
01-14-2016, 06:03 PM

Ted Cruz isn't far right. He's never been far right. He's completely lacking in values. All he cares about is whatever gets him more power and wealth.

Cletus
01-14-2016, 06:34 PM
Ted Cruz isn't far right. He's never been far right. He's completely lacking in values. All he cares about is whatever gets him more power and wealth.

I suppose you have evidence to support that, or think you do.

Let's see it.

Bo-4
01-14-2016, 06:37 PM

Let's see it.

You're kidding right?

GA is spot-on .. Ted looks out for Ted -- the country be damned.

And Trump is gonna tear him a new one this evening! ;)

Green Arrow
01-14-2016, 06:39 PM

Let's see it.

It's a combination of factors. He immediately alienated every single member of Congress the day he was sworn in. Even Sen. Mike Lee doesn't actually like him, he just sides with him because Cruz puts forward bills that he likes. From that we either have to conclude that Cruz is the only honorable man in Congress (which is absurd), or he's a total fake.

He's already started flip-flopping on issues that won't get him in good with the mainstream voters he'll need to win the nomination and the general.

Probably the biggest reason, though, is that his wife was an executive at Goldman Sachs. The same Goldman Sachs that supported Romney, Obama, Hillary, and pretty much anyone else affiliated with the establishment.

texan
01-14-2016, 06:41 PM

That is a tough punch. Is there something you can share with us that makes you say this or is it just a general dislike? I know he is hated by many in the Senate because he wouldn't go along. I am not sure that is a bad thing. Other than general politician stuff like changing a position what is it?

Oh heck I read and replied then saw the next post.

texan
01-14-2016, 06:43 PM
Ok I get it! I respect you are a Bernie man too, lots to like about his honesty.

texan
01-14-2016, 06:44 PM
You're kidding right?

GA is spot-on .. Ted looks out for Ted -- the country be damned.

And Trump is gonna tear him a new one this evening! ;)

I think these are opinions Bo (no link available), so I wouldn't get to riled up.

BTW today we have had some real conversation on here and agree with all or not I like it.

ThaiBoxer
01-14-2016, 07:00 PM
Peter King is one of the few semi-sane Republicans in his party

del
01-14-2016, 07:33 PM

:rofl:

Green Arrow
01-14-2016, 07:35 PM

If Peter King is your definition of sanity, you need help.

Peter1469
01-14-2016, 07:36 PM
Leave him be; he likely never heard of the guy before.

Mac-7
01-14-2016, 07:45 PM

I think some people cannot forgive cruz for not embracing sexual perversion as expressed by homosexual marriage.

their own hangups prevent them from seeing cruz as he really is.

because if Cruz wanted power and wealth the way to do that is by playing ball with the corrupt washington establishment not spitting in their eye.

Green Arrow
01-14-2016, 07:49 PM
I think some people cannot forgive cruz for not embracing sexual perversion as expressed by homosexual marriage.

their own hangups prevent them from seeing cruz as he really is.

because if Cruz wanted power and wealth the way to do that is by playing ball with the corrupt washington establishment not spitting in their eye.

I'm not nearly as obsessed about gay marriage as you are. Cruz's opinions on gay marriage mean absolutely nothing to me and don't affect my opinion of him one way or the other.

Mac-7
01-14-2016, 07:55 PM
I'm not nearly as obsessed about gay marriage as you are. Cruz's opinions on gay marriage mean absolutely nothing to me and don't affect my opinion of him one way or the other.

Uh huh.

the malcontents claim they do not want business as usual in washington but when a real one like cruz comes along you turn up your nose

Green Arrow
01-14-2016, 08:02 PM
Uh huh.

the malcontents claim they do not want business as usual in washington but when a real one like cruz comes along you turn up your nose

That's easy.

He's not a real one.

I'm really going to have to start charging you for all these lessons. I can't work for free.

Subdermal
01-14-2016, 08:07 PM

To Establishment wankers, he is - just as it should be. They deserve no respect at all. Cruz' remark about Trump was quite mild. King's reaction demonstrated which one of the two of them is the azzhole.

Subdermal
01-14-2016, 08:07 PM
That's easy.

He's not a real one.

I'm really going to have to start charging you for all these lessons. I can't work for free.

Sure you can. You get what you're worth.

Green Arrow
01-14-2016, 08:08 PM
To Establishment wankers, he is - just as it should be. They deserve no respect at all. Cruz' remark about Trump was quite mild. King's reaction demonstrated which one of the two of them is the azzhole.

Really? Every single member of Congress, including Sen. Mike Lee, are establishment wankers?

Every single one except Cruz?

Subdermal
01-14-2016, 08:12 PM
Wanker is the perfect adjective for Cruz.

What a diseased opinion. Cruz has accomplished incredible things, and continues to run a brilliant campaign. He is a principled family man and has been called "the smartest student he ever had" by Alan Dershowitz.

You are free to disagree with his politics, but that man's life puts yours to shame.

Subdermal
01-14-2016, 08:13 PM
Really? Every single member of Congress, including Sen. Mike Lee, are establishment wankers?

Every single one except Cruz?

False dichotomy.

Green Arrow
01-14-2016, 08:15 PM
False dichotomy.

Not really. You said, essentially, that only establishment wankers wouldn't like Ted Cruz. Every single member of Congress, including his one ally Sen. Mike Lee, do not like Ted Cruz.

So either your statement is true and every single member of Congress except Ted Cruz is establishment, or your statement is not true.

I'm going with the latter.

Subdermal
01-14-2016, 08:16 PM
Not really. You said, essentially, that only establishment wankers wouldn't like Ted Cruz. Every single member of Congress, including his one ally Sen. Mike Lee, do not like Ted Cruz.

Link. Laughable, really. You didn't even attempt to say something credible, like "most".

And - considering the popularity ratings of Congress, I'd think one would rather be on the side of being unpopular with Congress, to be popular with the voters.

So either your statement is true and every single member of Congress except Ted Cruz is establishment, or your statement is not true.

I'm going with the latter.

Of course you would. You have to make up your own facts in order to win arguments.

birddog
01-14-2016, 08:17 PM
King is often an idiot! We need a president like Cruz to straighten out government and all the elected idiots feeding at the public trough.

Mac-7
01-14-2016, 08:19 PM
That's easy.

He's not a real one.

As usual I suppose you have no candidate that meets your high standards.

but miracles do happen.

tell us who you are voting for

zelmo1234
01-14-2016, 08:25 PM

I don't really know how you get that out of Cruz. He was the only Senator that did what he promised the people and if he was looking to cash in, he would be following the establishment, that is where the money is?

Just look at the Clintons for an example, they have been playing the establishment game on the Democrat side and have cashed in Big time. I think Ted would have a long way to go to catch up with the Clinton Cash.

Same can be said for the Bamster, this is the best job that he ever had. Cruz would have been much more wealthy if his wife would have stayed at Goldman

Green Arrow
01-14-2016, 08:26 PM
Link. Laughable, really. You didn't even attempt to say something credible, like "most".

And - considering the popularity ratings of Congress, I'd think one would rather be on the side of being unpopular with Congress, to be popular with the voters.

Of course you would. You have to make up your own facts in order to win arguments.

LOL. Even Ted Cruz has boasted that nobody in Congress likes him. Mike Lee refused to endorse him. Rand Paul doesn't like him. Literally two seconds on Google will show you plenty of sources from a variety of angles that agree with one thing: nobody likes Ted Cruz.

Green Arrow
01-14-2016, 08:28 PM
I don't really know how you get that out of Cruz. He was the only Senator that did what he promised the people and if he was looking to cash in, he would be following the establishment, that is where the money is?

Really? Rand Paul, Mike Lee, Justin Amash, only one out of 535 members of Congress does what their constituents want?

His wife was an executive for Goldman Sachs and a loan from Goldman paid for his Senate campaign, he doesn't need to cash in because he's married to the cash register. Please, by all means, follow the money. Cruz has it just like the rest.

Green Arrow
01-14-2016, 08:29 PM
As usual I suppose you have no candidate that meets your high standards.

but miracles do happen.

tell us who you are voting for

Of those running?

Rand Paul, John Kasich, or Bernie Sanders. Jim Webb was on the list until he dropped out.

Mac-7
01-14-2016, 08:53 PM
Of those running?

Rand Paul, John Kasich, or Bernie Sanders. Jim Webb was on the list until he dropped out.

What a wierd collection of oddballs.

You just picked those names out of a hat didnt you?

Green Arrow
01-14-2016, 09:01 PM
What a wierd collection of oddballs.

You just picked those names out of a hat didnt you?

Nope. I have been a fan of Rand Paul's father since 2009 and became a supporter of Rand's when he ran for the Senate and won. Kasich I like because he has been a very successful governor of a very powerful state and was author of a very good budget. I got to meet Webb personally when I lived in Virginia, I found him a very respectful and honorable man, I respect his military service, and I respect his more rational approach to foreign policy. Bernie I like because he's the only candidate addressing the issues of folks under 40 and offering solutions, plus the fact that he isn't bought and paid for like almost everyone else in Congress and he says what he believes regardless of how popular it is.