PDA

View Full Version : I think that Cruz banged the Birther question out

texan
01-14-2016, 09:32 PM
Great response...............

Decent trump response.

Tahuyaman
01-14-2016, 09:44 PM
Trump is like the annoying child in the room.

texan
01-14-2016, 09:58 PM
Cruz was ready and that was a really strong response.......................I love the last part, since you were so kind to offer me the VP job if you win, if I win I will offer you the VP job so you will be the beneficiary if I lose the court case.

Thats genius and funny like him or not.

Mac-7
01-14-2016, 10:00 PM
Cavuto is a liberal.

and i normally change the channel when he is on.

texan
01-14-2016, 10:02 PM
He is not a liberal, mac sometimes you slide off into a ditch tires scretching.

Peter1469
01-14-2016, 10:05 PM
Cavuto is a liberal.

Cavuto is a real conservative. He will never respond to a problem with more government as the answer. Not everyone who claims the conservative mantel can say that.

Mac-7
01-14-2016, 10:07 PM
He is not a liberal, mac sometimes you slide off into a ditch tires scretching.

You are entitled to you opinion.

but since you commented on me i will comment on you too.

you are blind if you think cavuto is a conservative

MisterVeritis
01-14-2016, 10:08 PM
Cavuto is a liberal.

You may be confusing him with someone else.

Mac-7
01-14-2016, 10:10 PM
Cavuto is a real conservative. He will never respond to a problem with more government as the answer. Not everyone who claims the conservative mantel can say that.

Cavuto can be conservative at times.

But he can be very liberal too.

Matty
01-14-2016, 10:11 PM
You are entitled to you opinion.

but since you commented on me i will comment on you too.

you are blind if you think cavuto is a conservative

That's too bad because if you watched and listened you would know better, but then you think Trump is a Republican so there's that.

Mac-7
01-14-2016, 10:11 PM
You may be confusing him with someone else.

Hes been working and appearing on Fox for years.

texan
01-14-2016, 10:12 PM
Snicker, quit while you are ahead Mac we are all kind of on the same side and you're opinion is incorrect. Just take a look at the response. Rethink it bro.

Mac-7
01-14-2016, 10:13 PM
That's too bad because if you watched and listened you would know better, but then you think Trump is a Republican so there's that.

I do think Trump is a republican.

and i think he would be a good president.

MisterVeritis
01-14-2016, 10:15 PM
What political party do you believe Trump belongs to Matty?

texan
01-14-2016, 10:16 PM
So Trump is a conservative and Cavuto is a liberal?

Mac-7
01-14-2016, 10:19 PM
Snicker, quit while you are ahead Mac we are all kind of on the same side and you're opinion is incorrect. Just take a look at the response. Rethink it bro.

You may be surprised to learn that i dont alwaus agree with you but I dont go out of my way to insult you or pick fights with you.

But that seems to be the new norm for all of America as well as the republican party.

here you tell me to agree with you or sit down and shut up.

Even so I may move on since getting into pissing contests over this issue is not productive

Green Arrow
I didn't appear to have Fox Business on my TV, so I didn't watch this debate. I've been watching C-Span instead. Right now, Obama is speaking at McKinley Senior High School in Baton Rouge, LA.

MisterVeritis

Funny picture.

Trump is trying to be a conservative. Let's see. Cavuto is pretty good. I consider him to be a constitutional conservative.

MisterVeritis
01-14-2016, 10:20 PM
I didn't appear to have Fox Business on my TV, so I didn't watch this debate. I've been watching C-Span instead. Right now, Obama is speaking at McKinley Senior High School in Baton Rouge, LA.
It is available at www.foxbusiness.com/live-coverage/fox-business-network-gop-debates

Peter1469
01-14-2016, 10:23 PM
Cavuto can be conservative at times.

But he can be very liberal too.

Toss out some examples.

And if the answer to the problem is government action, that answer is not conservative for the vast majority of questions.

Mac-7
01-14-2016, 10:23 PM

Cavuto is an insider elitist.

Cavuto is a lib who will do or say whatever it takes to be accepted by the other elites in washington and new york whete he lives and works.

Green Arrow
01-14-2016, 10:24 PM
It is available at www.foxbusiness.com/live-coverage/fox-business-network-gop-debates (http://www.foxbusiness.com/live-coverage/fox-business-network-gop-debates)

I'll probably watch it later when it's around as a recording. I don't have as much interest in it now that Rand Paul has been booted off the stage.

Mac-7
01-14-2016, 10:25 PM

Thats not a live broadcast.

Yes he's in baton rouge but dumbo thinks he's in new orleans.

Matty
01-14-2016, 10:26 PM
I'll probably watch it later when it's around as a recording. I don't have as much interest in it now that Rand Paul has been booted off the stage.

Was he?

texan
01-14-2016, 10:27 PM
Here is the liberal. watch this exchange. If doesn't wake you up nothing will:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/neil-cavuto-explodes-cuts-guests-mic-drop-the-liberal-thing-and-focus-on-the-reality-thing/

I will let you in on some basic math Rupert Murdoch would NEVER put a liberal in change of his Business Channel, ever!

Green Arrow
01-14-2016, 10:27 PM
Was he?

Him and Fiorina both.

Green Arrow
01-14-2016, 10:29 PM
Thats not a live broadcast.

Yes he's in baton rouge but dumbo thinks he's in new orleans.

I figured it wasn't a live broadcast, Mac. I didn't think the president was speaking to a high school at 9 PM, particularly given the light coming in through the windows.

texan
01-14-2016, 10:29 PM

the first hour was really entertaining, did not disappoint.

Mac-7
01-14-2016, 10:31 PM
I figured it wasn't a live broadcast, Mac. I didn't think the president was speaking to a high school at 9 PM, particularly given the light coming in through the windows.

Again, obumer thinks he's in new orleans.

Green Arrow
01-14-2016, 10:31 PM
the first hour was really entertaining, did not disappoint.

Oh, I'm sure it was entertaining. As long as Trump is on the stage, it will be entertaining.

Green Arrow
01-14-2016, 10:32 PM
Again, obumer thinks he's in new orleans.

From the high school event I just watched, he gave no indication of that and very clearly said he was in Baton Rouge, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

texan
01-14-2016, 10:34 PM
You may be surprised to learn that i dont alwaus agree with you but I dont go out of my way to insult you or pick fights with you.

But that seems to be the new norm for all of America as well as the republican party.

here you tell me to agree with you or sit down and shut up.

Even so I may move on since getting into pissing contests over this issue is not productive

Well move along then don't let the door hit you in the ass. What are you 13 years old?

Matty
01-14-2016, 10:53 PM
What political party do you believe Trump belongs to Matty?

He he is a liberal. In his own words he told Letterman he identifies more with Democrats. Do you believe him?

here he is with Blitzer. Listen and learn

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_pFrFid_6DY

Tahuyaman
01-14-2016, 10:54 PM
Rubio looks to be tha hands down winner of this debate.

Tahuyaman
01-14-2016, 10:55 PM
Cavuto is an insider elitist.

Cavuto is a lib

I have to disagree on both points.

Mac-7
01-14-2016, 10:56 PM
From the high school event I just watched, he gave no indication of that and very clearly said he was in Baton Rouge, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

He ended the event by saying "thank you new orleans."

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/01/obama_concludes_baton_rouge_ev.html

MisterVeritis
01-14-2016, 10:58 PM
He he is a liberal. In his own words he told Letterman he identifies more with Democrats. Do you believe him?

here he is with Blitzer. Listen and learn

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_pFrFid_6DY
Liberal is not a political party. He is in the Republican party. He is the frontrunner in the Republican primary.

I believe he will do the things he has said he will do. That is good enough for me.

MisterVeritis
01-14-2016, 11:00 PM
:-)

I like Cruz. But then he has always been my second choice. Rubio had one or two good answers. But I do not trust him on the most important issue, immigration.

Mac-7
01-14-2016, 11:06 PM
I have to disagree on both points.

Everyone here seems to disagree with me.

which is ok,

but i see cavuto differently.

Tahuyaman
01-14-2016, 11:08 PM
Cavuto is certainly not a liberal. He's about as left wing as I am.

Tahuyaman
01-14-2016, 11:09 PM
Rubio had one or two good answers. But I do not trust him on the most important issue, immigration.

He's sounding good on the issue right now anyway.

Green Arrow
01-14-2016, 11:16 PM
Now C-Span is airing Prime Minister David Cameron's meeting with his foreign policy committee.

Green Arrow
01-14-2016, 11:18 PM
He ended the event by saying "thank you new orleans."

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/01/obama_concludes_baton_rouge_ev.html

That's what is called a misspeak. He clearly knew he was in BR and just had NOLA on the brain.

Mac-7
01-14-2016, 11:25 PM
That's what is called a misspeak. He clearly knew he was in BR and just had NOLA on the brain.

you attack ted cruz and make blanket excuses for obumer

Green Arrow
01-14-2016, 11:36 PM
you attack ted cruz and make blanket excuses for obumer

You are petty and quite childish.

Subdermal
01-14-2016, 11:40 PM
You are petty and quite childish.

He's right. You are broadcasting a rank double standard.

Moreover, you're littering this thread with crap about your C-span viewing, about which we couldn't give less of a crap.

Green Arrow
01-14-2016, 11:44 PM
He's right. You are broadcasting a rank double standard.

Not really. I have yet to criticize Cruz for some banal misspeak, or for any other petty quality.

Moreover, you're littering this thread with crap about your C-span viewing, about which we couldn't give less of a crap.

I apologize. I will do better in the future and send you a draft of all my posts for approval from now on. I do care so much for your opinion.

Mac-7
01-14-2016, 11:52 PM
Not really. I have yet to criticize Cruz for some banal misspeak, or for any other petty quality.

True.

you attack cruz with no specifics at all.

Subdermal
01-14-2016, 11:58 PM

I apologize. I will do better in the future and send you a draft of all my posts for approval from now on. I do care so much for your opinion.

No need. Simply read and understand the OP, and stick to the subject. We don't care about your $2/mo cable service.

Green Arrow
01-15-2016, 12:04 AM
True.

you attack cruz with no specifics at all.

I've used plenty of specifics. It's not my fault you have trouble reading.

Green Arrow
01-15-2016, 12:06 AM
No need. Simply read and understand the OP, and stick to the subject. We don't care about your $2/mo cable service.

I did read and understand the OP. My response to the OP was that I elected not to watch the debate because my TV does not carry the FBN. So, instead, I decided to watch C-Span.

All of this should be easy enough to understand. Maybe if you'd do less talking and more thinking, you'd not run into so much trouble.

Safety
01-15-2016, 01:01 AM
LoL, talk about eating their own...

Lib, lib, lib, :rofl:

Mac-7
01-15-2016, 05:26 AM
Almost all the beautiful people here such as the two tPF elites above hate trump and cruz.

they routinely make excuses for obama and attack repblicans

Peter1469
01-15-2016, 05:43 AM
Almost all the beautiful people here such as the two tPF elites above hate trump and cruz.

they routinely make excuses for obama and attack repblicans

Are you a male? You seem awfully insecure.

Subdermal
01-15-2016, 10:26 AM
I did read and understand the OP. My response to the OP was that I elected not to watch the debate because my TV does not carry the FBN. So, instead, I decided to watch C-Span.

All of this should be easy enough to understand. Maybe if you'd do less talking and more thinking, you'd not run into so much trouble.

Yeah, that's it. Hey: are you watching the Weather Channel now? Or do you not receive that on that AC/DC package you've bought?

:biglaugh:

Truth Detector
01-15-2016, 10:29 AM
I do think Trump is a republican.

and i think he would be a good president.

So Trump is a Conservative and Cavuto a Liberal? :rollseyes:

Matty
01-15-2016, 10:31 AM
Him and Fiorina both.

I think you wrong about Paul. He had a little temper tantrum and refused to participate. Fiorina was there.

Truth Detector
01-15-2016, 10:32 AM

If agree; the guy is articulate, informed and quick on his feet. He and Niki Haley would be a winning combo.

Cigar
01-15-2016, 10:34 AM
Trump is like the annoying child in the room.

https://wonderinspirit.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/baby-president.jpg

Tahuyaman
01-15-2016, 10:41 AM
If agree; the guy is articulate, informed and quick on his feet. He and Niki Haley would be a winning combo.

I believe Rubio gives the Republicans the best chance. I'd like to see him as the nominee with Fiorina as his running mate. I think he could choose several people as his running mate and win the election easily.

Bo-4
01-15-2016, 10:49 AM
Not IMHO he didn't. He pretended that it was about both parents being born in the US.

No Ted, nobody ever said that .. we're questioning the term "natural born citizen" which constitutional originalists define as being BORN here.

Cletus
01-15-2016, 11:02 AM
Not IMHO he didn't. He pretended that it was about both parents being born in the US.

No Ted, nobody ever said that .. we're questioning the term "natural born citizen" which constitutional originalists define as being BORN here.

That is Vattel. According to his definition, Obama would not have been a "Natural Born Citizen".

So, if you accept Vattel's definition, precedent was set when Obama was sworn in and the the definition is moot.

Tahuyaman
01-15-2016, 11:13 AM

You completely missed the point of Cruz's response. You have this odd ability to watch something and come away with the exact opposite of what just happened.

Green Arrow
01-15-2016, 11:33 AM
I think you wrong about Paul. He had a little temper tantrum and refused to participate. Fiorina was there.

She was at the undercard debate, but she was not allowed on the main stage, and the main stage is the only debate that matters. Paul boycotted the undercard debate because he thought the qualifications for making the main stage were capricious and arbitrary, which is correct.

Subdermal
01-15-2016, 11:49 AM
https://wonderinspirit.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/baby-president.jpg

I didn't realize Obama was so light-skinned as a yute.

Matty
01-15-2016, 12:00 PM
She was at the undercard debate, but she was not allowed on the main stage, and the main stage is the only debate that matters. Paul boycotted the undercard debate because he thought the qualifications for making the main stage were capricious and arbitrary, which is correct.

So he wasn't kicked off and neither was she! Got it.

Green Arrow
01-15-2016, 12:05 PM
So he wasn't kicked off and neither was she! Got it.

They were kicked off the main debate stage, is what I said.

Subdermal
01-15-2016, 01:00 PM
They were kicked off the main debate stage, is what I said.

I think the proper representation is that neither secured the requisite polling percentages to qualify for the main stage - in the case of Paul, because most don't consider him a worthy candidate with mature and popular enough views on foreign policy (and/or sorely lacking ability to convey them), and in the case of Fiorina, equal parts shortcomings wrt to personality attractiveness, and organizational strength.

Green Arrow
01-15-2016, 01:33 PM
I think the proper representation is that neither secured the requisite polling percentages to qualify for the main stage - in the case of Paul, because most don't consider him a worthy candidate with mature and popular enough views on foreign policy (and/or sorely lacking ability to convey them), and in the case of Fiorina, equal parts shortcomings wrt to personality attractiveness, and organizational strength.

Regardless of the reasons for their drop in the polls, the qualifications are arbitrary and capricious and further evidence that the RNC and the complicit media are trying to inorganically whittle down the field.

And Rand Paul's foreign policy is both mature and rational. The ideas advocated by the likes of Graham, Christie, Rubio, Trump, and Cruz are insane.

Bo-4
01-15-2016, 01:37 PM
That is Vattel. According to his definition, Obama would not have been a "Natural Born Citizen".

So, if you accept Vattel's definition, precedent was set when Obama was sworn in and the the definition is moot.

Huh? Obama was born in this country. McCain was born on a US Naval Base in Panama.

TOTALLY different situations.

Bo-4
01-15-2016, 01:39 PM
You completely missed the point of Cruz's response. You have this odd ability to watch something and come away with the exact opposite of what just happened.

No i didn't. The point of his response was to blow smoke and confuse everyone.

His analogies SUCKED and smart people know that.

Nothing but a college level debate tactic.

birddog
01-15-2016, 02:04 PM
Huh? Obama was born in this country. McCain was born on a US Naval Base in Panama.

Obama was likely born in Kenya, no authentic proof has been shown otherwise. Obama's mother did not meet the residency requirement, Cruz's mother did. Obama is an illegal president and Cruz would be a legal one. There, it is clarified for honest, intelligent folks!

Cletus
01-15-2016, 03:59 PM

No, they aren't. According to the Vattel definition, the FATHER must be a citizen. Obama did not meet that qualification. Being born in this country is only one of the standards. If part of the definition applies, it all applies.

The fact is that the US has since the beginning, recognized two types of citizenship... citizenship by birth and citizenship[ through the naturalization process. Both Vattel and Blackstone were considered valuable sources in defining citizenship, but neither of the definitions they originated were ever specifically codified into law. Under the longstanding, accepted definition of citizenship, both Obama and Cruz are citizens by birth.

If you maintain Cruz is not because he does not mean Vattel's definition, you must concede that Obama is also not a "Natural Born Citizen".

What is it going to be?

MisterVeritis
01-15-2016, 04:02 PM
No, they aren't. According to the Vattel definition, the FATHER must be a citizen. Obama did not meet that qualification. Being born in this country is only one of the standards. If part of the definition applies, it all applies.
It takes a wise man to know his father.

If one has a parent that is an American citizen than one is a natural born American citizen. One can absolutely know one's mother. One cannot know one's father without a DNA test.

birddog
01-15-2016, 04:33 PM
It takes a wise man to know his father.

If one has a parent that is an American citizen than one is a natural born American citizen. One can absolutely know one's mother. One cannot know one's father without a DNA test.

WOW, B. Hussein Obama and Chelsea Clinton, give us proof!

Green Arrow
01-15-2016, 04:41 PM

Do you watch a lot of Maury? Jerry Springer?

Bo-4
01-15-2016, 05:06 PM

The fact is that the US has since the beginning, recognized two types of citizenship... citizenship by birth and citizenship[ through the naturalization process. Both Vattel and Blackstone were considered valuable sources in defining citizenship, but neither of the definitions they originated were ever specifically codified into law. Under the longstanding, accepted definition of citizenship, both Obama and Cruz are citizens by birth.

If you maintain Cruz is not because he does not mean Vattel's definition, you must concede that Obama is also not a "Natural Born Citizen".

What is it going to be?

Vattel has one opinion which others do not share.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/01/12/debating-whether-ted-cruz-is-a-natural-born-citizen/

The definition of "natural born citizen" is neither decided nor refined in a current sense.

Were it go to SCOTUS (and it may) .. AND if originalists like Scalia and Thomas were to be honest, they'd say his situation doesn't meet said constitutional requirement.

But as we all know, they won't say that.

Ted, himself an entirely inconsistent originalist won't either.

Why?

Ted and his defenders like to pick and choose those amendments they like, and those they do not.

Bo-4
01-15-2016, 05:09 PM

Next on Maury - a test to determine whether birddog is the son of Lassie!!!

:)

MisterVeritis
01-15-2016, 05:13 PM
This makes no sense to me.

PolWatch
01-15-2016, 05:13 PM
https://sp.yimg.com/xj/th?id=OIP.Me91f437009ff8a5bcc67294015ca7ad5H0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

birddog
01-15-2016, 05:42 PM

Neither one. I don't watch Beck either, and I have difficulty watching O'Reilly.

Do you watch professional wrestling? By the way, try not to talk down to your betters! Have a nice day. :grin::wink: