PDA

View Full Version : Yay, National Review! Tells the truth about Trump

tedcruz4pres
01-22-2016, 03:15 PM
YAY, National Review! Tells the truth about “the frontrunner”

I am going to BUY this edition of NR. Even if I can find it in the library, and read it for fee, I am going to buy it because I want to support National Review!

Something like 20 conservatives (as in: real conservatives) wrote in this edition about how UNconservative Trump is. I can’t wait to read this, even though I know I will find my own thoughts there (especially because I will find my own thoughts there… always good to be validated or affirmed…) J

I sincerely hope you read this article.

texan
01-22-2016, 03:26 PM
The biggest problem they have is the Tea Party members in big numbers love Trump, but establishment Tea Party doesn't like it.............Interestingly enough they thought he would fail by now leaving their paid for man Ted Cruz in the best position but that hasn't played out. Now Trump did the unthinkable and went after Cruz really infuriating them, they didn't have a problem as long as he attacked every other republican. They have made stupid statements like he should be attacking a conservative, well you little babies that think you own everything he has attacked every conservative on the stage he is just getting around to Ted. You want credibility cry from the beginning not in the 12th hour!

And yes it is obvious now the Tea Party has an establishment as bad as the other establishments.....They were praising Trump.

suds00
01-22-2016, 03:50 PM
i'm not a conservative but agree with much written in that issue of nr.

texan
01-22-2016, 03:57 PM
I have a problem with them praising Trump for 5 months (straight talk they called it) and now bailing because reality has set in.....

Peter1469
01-22-2016, 07:22 PM
National Review turned Neocon after William Buckley departed. They are a shadow of what they were.

del
01-22-2016, 07:23 PM
bill kristol-real conservative

:rofl:

Dr. Who
01-22-2016, 07:51 PM
YAY, National Review! Tells the truth about “the frontrunner”

I am going to BUY this edition of NR. Even if I can find it in the library, and read it for fee, I am going to buy it because I want to support National Review!

Something like 20 conservatives (as in: real conservatives) wrote in this edition about how UNconservative Trump is. I can’t wait to read this, even though I know I will find my own thoughts there (especially because I will find my own thoughts there… always good to be validated or affirmed…) J

I sincerely hope you read this article.
There is no link in your post. Perhaps this is the article that you meant: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/430137/donald-trump-conservative-movement-menace

Tahuyaman
01-22-2016, 07:55 PM
National Review turned Neocon after William Buckley departed. They are a shadow of what they were.

I agree that they made a big changeonce Buckley died. I don't know if it was a "neo con" thing as you said though.

Crepitus
01-22-2016, 08:06 PM
I'm still laughing about the phrase "National Review tells the truth".

There's a first time for everything I suppose.

Peter1469
01-22-2016, 08:07 PM
I'm still laughing about the phrase "National Review tells the truth".

There's a first time for everything I suppose.

They were imposing under Buckley. Even the intellectual liberals wouldn't challenge them.

Crepitus
01-22-2016, 08:16 PM
They were imposing under Buckley. Even the intellectual liberals wouldn't challenge them.

Maybe so but lately there was something about an apology for plagerism, Ted Cruz says they lied about him, Warren buffet say they did too, and seems to me there were several others.

del
01-22-2016, 08:24 PM

:rolleyes:

i guess someone forgot to tell gore vidal, among others

it certainly was a much better product when buckley and his sister were editing it, but to claim that it was imposing and no one on the liberal side would challenge it is hogwash.

Peter1469
01-22-2016, 08:40 PM
Maybe so but lately there was something about an apology for plagerism, Ted Cruz says they lied about him, Warren buffet say they did too, and seems to me there were several others.

They are a sad joke these days.

Peter1469
01-22-2016, 08:42 PM
:rolleyes:

i guess someone forgot to tell gore vidal, among others

it certainly was a much better product when buckley and his sister were editing it, but to claim that it was imposing and no one on the liberal side would challenge it is hogwash.

Gore Vidal was gay.

del
01-22-2016, 08:45 PM
Gore Vidal was gay.

that's nice, honey

i'll alert the media

Peter1469
01-22-2016, 09:55 PM
that's nice, honey

i'll alert the media

Don't excite yourself.

del
01-22-2016, 10:56 PM
Don't excite yourself.

don't you worry your pretty little head over it.

i think it's hillary time, isn't it?

iustitia
01-22-2016, 11:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY_nq4tfi24

tedcruz4pres
01-23-2016, 04:46 PM
The biggest problem they have is the Tea Party members in big numbers love Trump, but establishment Tea Party doesn't like it.............Interestingly enough they thought he would fail by now leaving their paid for man Ted Cruz in the best position but that hasn't played out. Now Trump did the unthinkable and went after Cruz really infuriating them,
y were praising Trump.

i read this far before i realized you are living in a fantasy world. Cruz is the only anti-establishment, anti-corruption, anti-cronycapitalism candidate running who has been TESTED. The others.. God knows what they would do if elected. Maybe they would true to American principles, maybe they wouldn't. We can't afford to find out the hard way. I have been following the news diligently for years. On top of that, i read BOOKS on history, current events, etc. Only Ted Cruz can be trusted (and Huckabee, but he appears to be way behind )

Cigar
01-25-2016, 08:33 AM
Yea ... even Thomas Sowell :afro: ... your Conservative Black Spokesmen

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r589/duadmin/160122-prominent-republicans-line-up-to-obliterate-their-own-frontrunner_zpst7tvdzez.jpg

Donald Trump must be stopped: That's the theme binding an avalanche of essays by conservative thought leaders — 22 in all — that the National Review sent thundering down the political mountain onto GOP voters late Thursday, along with an editorial by the magazine's editors.

With a massive winter storm expected along the East Coast this weekend, perhaps some of the 35 percent of Republicans who support the real estate mogul-reality TV star will be buried in actual snow, with nothing better to do than read all 9,000 words and change their minds.

Or perhaps they will dismiss "Against Trump" — the title of this special collection by one of the nation's preeminent conservative publications — as just another chorus of naysaying from the loathsome, out-of-touch "establishment." (The National Review did just get dropped as a debate sponsor by the Republican National Committee, however, which might help the magazine appear less establishment-y.)

https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/files/2016/01/national-review-trump-cover.png

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/01/22/a-yuge-number-of-conservatives-just-shredded-donald-trump-in-the-national-review/

Mac-7
01-25-2016, 09:20 AM
Do you think they would rather have hillary?

Chris
01-25-2016, 09:54 AM
There's another thread on this already, anyone know where?

texan
01-25-2016, 09:55 AM
This happen last week and as discussed for about 4 days. Btw if you listen to them it wasn't a shredding.

Sensationalism and a lack of awareness returns.

Peter1469
01-25-2016, 10:41 AM
Notice: Duplicate threads merged

Truth Detector
01-25-2016, 10:45 AM
I agree that they made a big changeonce Buckley died. I don't know if it was a "neo con" thing as you said though.

It wasn't; many who use the screed "neocon" actually don't know what it means.

Truth Detector
01-25-2016, 10:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY_nq4tfi24

This Gore Vidal rant is proof that leftTards haven't changed that much from the 60's. Equating the US as a Soviet Style aggression is proof Vidal has never stepped foot out of his closet.

The irony of such Marxist screeds is profound when this presumed Soviet style aggression occurs in Liberal Democratically controlled cities like Chicago.