PDA

View Full Version : If you non-trump people don't rally around Cruz, you will get Trump

tedcruz4pres
01-23-2016, 04:49 PM
This is true. It is down to T against C

Trump is not a conservative

He is not a Christian, although he pretends. A Christian would NEVER, ever support partial-birth abortion!!:huh::shocked:

A Christian wouldn't... well, just fill in the blanks [take people's land away from them so someone can make huge $$$? etc..]

:smiley:

valley ranch
01-23-2016, 04:52 PM
How about Cruz for Vice President? Donald Trump to lead the ticket.

tedcruz4pres
01-23-2016, 05:00 PM
i dont want Trump anywhere near the WH. He is a loose canon. He woke up about 6 months ago and decided to be a R. Was that just so he could run for pres?? God knows. Did he know he wouldn't be able to win against Hillary, so he started claiming to be a R? you7 wonder... If he had the WH, he might wake up some monring and decide he is a D again... In fact, i would go so far as to predict that.

He is already talking about being in collusion w/ them... he calls it "making deals"

I call it selling out

I call it Same old Same old.. another 3rd term for the Ds

We are sick of that. Our country is dying

TrueBlue
01-23-2016, 05:02 PM
That would never be acceptable to Cruz due to his inherent greed to be king of the hill and to have full opportunity to evangelize and bring America under Theocratic control. He would never settle for second fiddle.

decedent
01-23-2016, 05:06 PM
He is not a Christian, although he pretends. A Christian would NEVER, ever support partial-birth abortion!!:huh::shocked:

Neither would a true Scotsman.

valley ranch
01-23-2016, 05:11 PM
Lots of people have be Democrats before deciding that party is controlled by strange. The Democratic party was a good thing once, there are still people in it, that may see the light.
Many strange are in the Republican party, when the talk they agree even if they aren't in the same conversation.

The Democratic party can't field a person or reason any longer because of those in control. The Republican party may be able to.

waltky
06-24-2016, 06:34 PM
Don't dump the Trump...
http://www.politicalforum.com/images/smilies/confused.gif
Why dumping Trump would be even worse than keeping him
Saturday 25th June, 2016 - To deny, ignore or spin away the fact that he won the nomination fair and square, and deserves to be the nominee, is beyond comprehension.

Conservatives who are understandably appalled by the prospect of a Donald Trump nomination - and therefore understandably intrigued by the notion of a revolt among the delegates - should be careful what they wish for. Dumping Trump at next month’s Republican convention could cause far more permanent damage to the GOP than sticking with him. That outcome should be avoided at all costs.

Trump has legitimately won the GOP presidential nomination. He played by the rules, beat out 16 other candidates and surpassed the required 1,237-delegate limit. If disgruntled Republicans want to question voters’ rationale in supporting Trump, they have that right. But to deny, ignore or spin away the fact that he won the nomination fair and square, and deserves to be the nominee, is beyond comprehension.

Party rules are crystal clear about voting for the nominee on the first ballot. The winner of a particular primary or caucus receives the largest number of bound delegates at the convention. Trump, having won 40 of these contests, has accomplished this impressive goal. While some senior Republicans, including House Speaker Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, have suggested delegates should follow their conscience at the convention, this approach defeats the spirit of the entire process. It’s not illegal, but it’s morally wrong.

Such a move would smell of sour grapes on the part of the GOP establishment, which would be seen as having changed the rules to remove the undesirable figure who won the nomination. Yes, it’s their party and they can do as they please. At the same time, such a move would be perceived as undemocratic, underhanded and incredibly devious by many party members and potential voters.

MORE (http://www.newsday.com/opinion/oped/why-dumping-trump-would-be-even-worse-than-keeping-him-1.11957769)

See also:

Trump: British 'Want to Be Able to Have a Country Again...And I Think It's Happening in the U.S.'
June 24, 2016 | Speaking from his newly renovated golf course in Turnberry, Scotland on Friday, Republican Donald Trump said he sees a "big parallel" between the United Kingdom's historic vote to leave the European Union and the trend in the United States: "People want to take their country back, and they want to have independence in a sense, and you see it with Europe, all over Europe."

Trump said he expects other countries to follow Britain's lead: "You're going to have, I think many other cases, where they want to take their borders back, they want to take their monetary back, they want to take a lot of things back. They want to be able to have a country again. So I think you're going to have this happen more and more. I really believe that. And I think it's happening in the United States." Trump said people want borders: "They don't necessarily want people pouring into their country that they don't know who they are and where they come from, they have no idea." Asked how his administration would approach the Britain's exit from the E.U., Trump said, "You just have to embrace it...it's not a question of approaching it, it's the will of the people. It's always the will of the people, ultimately, that wins out."

He also responded to President Obama's remark in April that it could take a decade for the U.K. to negotiate a new trade agreement with the United States if it leaves the European Union. "Well, President Obama did say, I guess, that they (U.K.) should move to the back of the line. That wouldn't happen with me. The U.K.'s been such a great ally for so long, they'll always be at the front of the line." Trump noted that Obama probably said that because he believed the European Union was "going to stay together." "But it didn't stay together, and I felt it wouldn't stay together, and again, I think that's what's happening in the United States, it's not staying together, it's a really positive force taking place -- they want to take their country back, the people want their country back, we don't want to lose our jobs, we don't want to lose our borders, they want to have wage increases."

Trump said Obama was "inappropriate" to urge the U.K. to stay in the E.U., and he even suggested that Obama's comments may have produced the "exit" result. Responding to a question about the supposedly dire economic consequences of the Brexit vote, Trump said if the pound sterling goes down in value, more people will come to his new golf course. "But for traveling and for other things, I think it could very well turn out to be positive. Nobody really knows. You'll know in about five years, you'll be able to analyze it, and maybe it will take even longer than that. But what is known is, they've taken back their independence, and that's a very, very important thing." Trump said he believes the U.K. will "end up being stronger" for leaving the European Union, "and they'll control everything about their country."

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/trump-british-want-be-able-have-country-againand-i-think-its-happening-us

Common
06-24-2016, 06:46 PM
Walt the patience you have to dig up these old threads is admirable.

When this was originally posted, my answer would be I would absolutley not vote if my choice was Ted Cruz, Scott Walker, Chris Christy.

I would vote for Carson and jeb bush before all of them.

I am voting for trump because hes pisses them all off and scares the far right to death, scares the shit out of the traditional republicans that have abandoned the working class and championed only the rich.

I am not voting for Hillary not only because she is the most disgusting prolific liar in politics but shes a snake and a phony but Mostly because the far left is insane and have gone way to far.

Donald Trump is the man to Piss them all off and even if loses hes already made the point

gamewell45
06-24-2016, 06:48 PM
This is true. It is down to T against C

Trump is not a conservative

A Christian wouldn't... well, just fill in the blanks [take people's land away from them so someone can make huge $$$? etc..]

:smiley:

95% of all Christians are cafeteria style Christians, that is they pick and choose with what they agree on and and ignore the rest. As an example, a true Christian will never kill anyone, but yet many of them agree with the death penalty, which is, in effect killing a living human being.

In my opinion, Trump is nothing more then an opportunist and a congenital liar. He got to where he is in life by walking all over people and in their hour of need, ignoring Christian charity and buying up land of those less fortunate to be able to make their payments and falling into foreclosure. He has been caught in so many lies; indeed he has been declared a pathological liar by many people who know him.

I don't think Cruz would be a good President because he would be unable to separate his religious convictions from his position as President and its important in this country to have separation of church and state. Just my opinion.

TrueBlue
06-24-2016, 06:53 PM
Oh, you mean Theocracy Cruz who would love for the U.S. to become a Theocracy?

Mac-7
06-24-2016, 08:31 PM
I voted for cruz in the primary.

But trump won more votes than cruz and is the clear choice of the republican base

AZ Jim
06-24-2016, 08:44 PM
I voted for cruz in the primary.

But trump won more votes than cruz and is the clear choice of the republican baseWrong. The Republican base wants no part of the fool. They will get rid of him at the convention.

Peter1469
06-25-2016, 03:22 AM
Wrong. The Republican base wants no part of the fool. They will get rid of him at the convention.

While the Dems embrace the criminal Hillary.

Mac-7
06-25-2016, 04:51 AM
While the Dems embrace the criminal Hillary.

Jim has no idea what he is saying.

the republican party elites on Washington - the Almost Democrats - want to dump trump.

but the republican base has chosen the Donald for better or worse.

and I think he will be far better than Crooked Hillary

suds00
06-25-2016, 10:33 AM
R's have to show some guts.someone has to exhibit political courage and end this nonsense