PDA

View Full Version : An Overdose of Hope

DonGlock26
09-09-2012, 10:49 AM
An Overdose of Hope

The Democrats are done weaving their web in Charlotte, and wow, what a web it was—an intricate lattice of multicolored Silly String that included everyone and said nothing.

Did you know that Democrats like the blacks? And the Hispanics? And the gays? And women? We didn’t know that. Now we do.

Did you know the Democrats have a plan to make the next four years better than the last four? Really? We didn’t. And after watching their convention, we still don’t.

All we know after watching it is that we all need to go forward together. ALL of us. Together. United. As one. No dissent. And no cutting in line. Forward. Together. MOVE it!

http://takimag.com/article/an_overdose_of_hope_takimag#axzz25wIMoWTu

I highly recommend this account of the DNC convention. It is hilarious. The vacuousness of the Democrat party is exposed in a VERY humorous essay. Not to be missed.

It really was a parade of silliness. The nation faces huge problems and real decline, and they continued with their balkanization multicultural circus act. Obama was clearly shaken by the job numbers that HE knew about, but the drooling conventioneers did not. No wonder he was so flat and vacant.

Shoot the Goose
09-09-2012, 12:20 PM
I highly recommend this account of the DNC convention. It is hilarious. The vacuousness of the Democrat party is exposed in a VERY humorous essay. Not to be missed.

It really was a parade of silliness. The nation faces huge problems and real decline, and they continued with their balkanization multicultural circus act. Obama was clearly shaken by the job numbers that HE knew about, but the drooling conventioneers did not. No wonder he was so flat and vacant.

I agree with all, but the reality is that we now have a lemming base of at least 40% of voters for whom issue number one is the gubmit teat. Obama ignores all things budget and economy, precisely so as to not say anything that would hint of a reduction in that teat.

He is fine with spreading hopey for the dopey. And the Press will support that.

Our hope has to be that Romney stomps him in the debates. The Press will try to put Romney of the defensive. He needs to go-Newty on them, and bore right into the big loser chump lemming-master Obama.

JohnAdams
09-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Now, now, the Obama's attempts at co-opting "hope" for his own political aims notwithstanding, hope is overall, and generally a good thing.

Indeed even now today hope still remains a good and decent thing to have.

The problem for the DNC overall and THE OBAMA campaign in particular though, is that the jig is up.

There are just too many voters out there who now (four years to late if you ask me) realize that "hope" while being a good thing to have, doesn't put bread on the table or in the checking account...

I mean lets face it folks, yes we all "hope", we hope for our kids to get good grades, we hope for that job that pays more or has better benefits, we hope to win the lottery.

But in the end, it's the kid who actually does the schoolwork that gets good grades, it's the person who applies themselves and works hard that gets the good job, and it's the person who actually buys and plays the lottery that wins it.

You can take any situation in which human beings express "hope", and in the end what matters even more than that "hope" is do...

While The Obama and the DNC would like for America to "hope" it's past time we had leadership which "do". ;)

Carygrant
09-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Not half as stupid as the insipid Mrs Mutt , the mumbling and senile Clunt followed by Mutt himself -- name me one memorable sentence .
Don , you are so desperate for validation from your fellow Extremist Republican Mind Terrorists.
The whole American system is a travesty , highlighted by the nomination conventions .
But this time round , the Republicans were not shaded --- they were badly kicked into touch .

Deadwood
09-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Not half as stupid as the insipid Mrs Mutt , the mumbling and senile Clunt followed by Mutt himself -- name me one memorable sentence .
Don , you are so desperate for validation from your fellow Extremist Republican Mind Terrorists.
The whole American system is a travesty , highlighted by the nomination conventions .
But this time round , the Republicans were not shaded --- they were badly kicked into touch .

Said by a man who lives in a country where no one can even vote for the head of state.!

God Save The Queen!

These posts are sooooooooo tiresome.

Deadwood
09-09-2012, 04:06 PM
I suspect that if anyone at the Republican convention had said they want to kill Barack Obama they would be in jail.

What the article missed is the fact the whole collection of racist slime celebrated a criminal! Right there, on their stage they cheered and clapped for a woman who has flagrantly violated the nation's immigration laws.

And, according to US law, those who encourage and abet are guilty of the crime as well. Ergo, every person at that convention, from the me-first lady to the slithering misfit himself is a criminal.

It isn't the Republicans who are desperate....it's Obama who is sliding in the polls and drawing on criminals for support.

Now that is scary.

Carygrant
09-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Said by a man who lives in a country where no one can even vote for the head of state.!

God Save The Queen!

Oh you poor old thing .
Did I contravene Extremist Rep Mind Terrorist protocols .
I forgot you are no longer interested in Freedom of Speech as evidenced by the recent report which placed you behind even Botswana .

And run that past me again , but in more detail .
What was it?
How does the Queen effect the outcome of American Nomination Conventions ?
Certainly an interesting perspective but glad to see you are a Monarchist .

Deadwood
09-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Oh you poor old thing .
Did I contravene Extremist Rep Mind Terrorist protocols .
I forgot you are no longer interested in Freedom of Speech as evidenced by the recent report which placed you behind even Botswana .

And run that past me again , but in more detail .
What was it?
How does the Queen effect the outcome of American Nomination Conventions ?
Certainly an interesting perspective but glad to see you are a Monarchist .

What idiocy.

Canada rates 10th in the press freedom survey, if you had more than a single digit IQ you would know that. And where is England in that survey? Not ahead of Canada that's for damn sure.

And I implied nothing about the DMC, but rather your own hypocrisy. You continue to condemn a political system you obviously do not understand, have never studied, or lived under, while living in a monarchy where the head of state is determined by blood line, not the choice of the people. The British political system is among the most corrupt in the first world and three of the countries in "Great Britain" want out...Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

You condemn Christians while your entire country is led by the head of a religion but demand that people living in a country that would likely kick you out only be allowed to practice faiths other than Christianity.

All that while condemning a political party you do no understand, members of which you have never met for being racist in a country that is based on race and happens to be one of the most racist countries in the world.

You probably don't even know that the word "nigger" was invented by a British Lord in the House of Lords or that concentrations camps were invented by the British, by Lord Kitchener in fact during the Boer war.

When it came time to test an amphibious landing in the second world war, the British hid in the trees like cowards and sent Canadians to Dieppe

So get off the high horse, foreigner and take a look at your glass house.........

And while we're at it, isn't Britain's "modest" economy due a CONSERVATIVE government?

So stop coming to a battle of wits half armed....

Carygrant
09-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Where is Canada exactly ? Is it a bolt hole for the ERMT group ?
I see you are mumbling again about how the British set themselves up so successfully on a constitutional basis . I expect it is a bit too tricky for Americans to understand --- I am now informed that Canada is yet another destabilised US mission Post .
Be that as it may , stop getting so angry that you resort to babbling like a demented chicken about second world war matters of which you know nothing about .
Was that Dieppe incident in Saving Private Ryan or just taken verbatim from Reader's Digest ?
Why not regale us with some of your anecdotes on your local paper where you scored an exclusive when that tourist claimed to spot a regional meeting with Big Foot , Liitle Toe and the Yeti .

P.S. I ducked the Economy remark . Better that you stick to subjects where you might hold some expertise .

Shoot the Goose
09-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Was that Dieppe incident in Saving Private Ryan or just taken verbatim from Reader's Digest ?

There was no "Dieppe incident" in Saving Private Ryan.

I got your expertise right here, by the way.

patrickt
09-09-2012, 05:39 PM

And, whoever those people are, none can compare with you for stupidity. You are the epitome of the whole British system. How sad.

Deadwood
09-09-2012, 06:03 PM
There was no "Dieppe incident" in Saving Private Ryan.

I got your expertise right here, by the way.

He doesn't even know what the Dieppe raid was....but instead resorts to personal insults...and has no answer to the hypocrisy of condemning a democracy while living in a corrupt monarchy so inbred they produce singe digit IQ idiots.

Deadwood
09-09-2012, 06:09 PM
And, whoever those people are, none can compare with you for stupidity. You are the epitome of the whole British system. How sad.

In bred moronic misfits leading a band of in bred moronic misfits who would be speaking Russian today if it were not for the US, Canada and Australia and this misfit dosen't even know where Canada is?

As far as being part of the US system? Laughable and proof of complete ignorance of not only politics but geography. Canada and the US share the longest undefended border in the world; Canada has never started a war, but seems to be there at the end of the big ones.

Oh, BTW, Canada just signed a major trade deal with China....something the US and Britain have been trying to do for years.

FFS they don't even have a hockey team.

Deadwood
09-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Where is Canada exactly ? Is it a bolt hole for the ERMT group ?
I see you are mumbling again about how the British set themselves up so successfully on a constitutional basis . I expect it is a bit too tricky for Americans to understand --- I am now informed that Canada is yet another destabilised US mission Post .
Be that as it may , stop getting so angry that you resort to babbling like a demented chicken about second world war matters of which you know nothing about .
Why not regale us with some of your anecdotes on your local paper where you scored an exclusive when that tourist claimed to spot a regional meeting with Big Foot , Liitle Toe and the Yeti .

P.S. I ducked the Economy remark . Better that you stick to subjects where you might hold some expertise .

You ducked more than the economy remark.....how about my direct accusations of racism, the fact concentration camps are a British invention.

Get of the soap box, even ants know when they're beaten.

For the record...I am not only proud to have two countries, but I am damn proud of both of them, especially their history.

In a fight I would stand should-to-shoulder with the weakest American before even entertaining the idea of standing with the bravest Englishman who have always had Indians, Australians and Canadians to finish their endless wars for them.

And if you're any example, the British educational system failed decades ago and "British Intelligence" is the greatest oxymoron.

Mainecoons
09-09-2012, 06:47 PM
LOL, Cary you are getting a good old fashioned butt whomping American style. You really should retreat to some insipid U.K. board where you all can console yourselves with tales of empire lost.

Not that I think it is turning out any different for the U.S. mind you.

:grin:

Deadwood
09-09-2012, 06:52 PM
LOL, Cary you are getting a good old fashioned butt whomping American style. You really should retreat to some insipid U.K. board where you all can console yourselves with tales of empire lost.

Go have some boiled dinner and cry in your bitters.....if ignorance is bliss, you're laughing all the time

Shoot the Goose
09-09-2012, 08:06 PM
He doesn't even know what the Dieppe raid was....but instead resorts to personal insults...and has no answer to the hypocrisy of condemning a democracy while living in a corrupt monarchy so inbred they produce singe digit IQ idiots.

Well, maybe he knows, but is confused about the movie. Either way, the stupid limey libtard boasted about his "expertise", and all I see is a pile of yesterday's liberal dung.

For those unfamiliar, the Dieppe landing was two full years (Aug '42) before D-Day. A terrible idea where Canadians were slaughtered on the coast of France. Seemingly done primarily to appease Stalin and make it look like the Allies were serious about efforts at a second front, so as to cause Germany to pull resources from the Eastern front in the Soviet Union. Churchill sacrificed the Canadiens.

"Saving Private Ryan" was all post D-Day, 1944. The allies went in via Normandy, not Dieppe. And nothing in the move had to do with anything Dieppe.

Cary is a buffoon.

Dispondent
09-10-2012, 12:49 AM
Hopium has an overdose level??? Wow, never knew that.... Hey as a public service we should advise the ghetto community, so they don't overdose.... Good citizenship Don, we need to offer that, lest we be seen as evil...

Carygrant
09-10-2012, 01:45 AM
[QUOTE=Fearandloathing;126401]You ducked more than the economy remark.....how about my direct accusations of racism, the fact concentration camps are a British invention. etc QUOTE

I suppose that of all the Extremist Posts , yours win Gold for ignorance .
Unlike you poor dears, stuck obsessively in a narrow mind set , I am much happier with the truth .
You are talking to someone who was an English youngster during the Dieppe raids and with a German mother and an English family involved in the push through Europe . I am in a good position to speak with authority on the matter . Suffice to say that you spout garbage .
Your posts are just extended sentences of name calling --- the refuge of failed bullies .
It is very hard for me to believe that you are an adult , let alone someone gainfully employed .I have a strong suspicion that you are a youngster who is just approaching a working life and responsibilities . Concentrate on doing things thoroughly and having as many facts as possible at your finger tips .
Not blustering like a fifth rate barrack room lawyer . Trust this helps .

Carygrant
09-10-2012, 01:56 AM

I have yet to be involved in any sort of fight that has bothered me unduly, though looking at a psycho pointing a drawn crossbow at me at a distance of ten metres and separately having a gun in my left ear made me instantly ice calm .
I don't think the verbal antics of Extremist monkeys will bother me .
What I lack here are a few adversaries worthy of combat -- ex professionals , high intelligence , wide life experience and have travelled extensively . The Republican Extremists here come across collectively as unworthy of any of those accolades .
Would be nice to be proved wrong .

Dispondent
09-10-2012, 03:55 AM

God Save The Queen!

From a limey that doesn't know anything... How odd...

Word of advice limey, stay out of our internal workings, because you don't need us getting into yours... Reality is you are our bitch, do you need to hear about that time and again??? I'll remind every time if necessary... I'm tired of foreign intervention, and I'll go and fight, are you up for it??? Lets go....

DonGlock26
09-10-2012, 07:56 AM

The article bothered you that much? That's pretty cool.

_

Deadwood
09-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Well, maybe he knows, but is confused about the movie. Either way, the stupid limey libtard boasted about his "expertise", and all I see is a pile of yesterday's liberal dung.

For those unfamiliar, the Dieppe landing was two full years (Aug '42) before D-Day. A terrible idea where Canadians were slaughtered on the coast of France. Seemingly done primarily to appease Stalin and make it look like the Allies were serious about efforts at a second front, so as to cause Germany to pull resources from the Eastern front in the Soviet Union. Churchill sacrificed the Canadiens.

"Saving Private Ryan" was all post D-Day, 1944. The allies went in via Normandy, not Dieppe. And nothing in the move had to do with anything Dieppe.

Cary is a buffoon.

In the years since, through interview with the Canadian vets who were there, it has also been revealed that there were US "observers" along on the raid. The US was still neutral at that point. It appears the objective was to have a close look at a German radar installation.

It was also proof to all that the planned means of a landing, towed barges was not going to work and led to the development of the LST, the front loading craft that enabled MacArthur to island hop his way up the Pacific Island chain.

The events of the Dieppe Raid are not taught in either British nor US schools. About 20 years ago, the man who approved the raid, Lord Beavertbrook visited Canada and apologized to the people of Canada and said if he had known it was a "suicide mission" he would never had said yes. He was lying, or course, as it was known the raid was going to be a slaughter from the beginning. They could not order the Australians to do it as they were under their own command; Canadians, all volunteers at that point were under the direct orders of British command and could not refuse the mission.

Deadwood
09-10-2012, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE=Fearandloathing;126401]You ducked more than the economy remark.....how about my direct accusations of racism, the fact concentration camps are a British invention. etc QUOTE

I suppose that of all the Extremist Posts , yours win Gold for ignorance .
Unlike you poor dears, stuck obsessively in a narrow mind set , I am much happier with the truth .
You are talking to someone who was an English youngster during the Dieppe raids and with a German mother and an English family involved in the push through Europe . I am in a good position to speak with authority on the matter . Suffice to say that you spout garbage .
Your posts are just extended sentences of name calling --- the refuge of failed bullies .
It is very hard for me to believe that you are an adult , let alone someone gainfully employed .I have a strong suspicion that you are a youngster who is just approaching a working life and responsibilities . Concentrate on doing things thoroughly and having as many facts as possible at your finger tips .
Not blustering like a fifth rate barrack room lawyer . Trust this helps .

As usual no content, just personal attacks and insults.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Carygrant
09-10-2012, 10:25 AM
The article bothered you that much? That's pretty cool.

_
Strangely , we were discussing Extremist Republicans at work today .
All my guys are ex professional Military and/or Security , well travelled and intelligent -- otherwise they don't get the job .I played Devil's Advocate but couldn't get one guy to say one decent thing about you collectively .
One guy said that 80% of all Americans haven't even got a Passport and of those that have , the vast majority simply cannot work to our tough professional standards and lack physical fitness .Not one of them could ever imagine employing an American in a field of responsibility and all said that they preferred not to have to train them -- we will leave out the reasons .
This summer we saw the Americans perform very weakly in the Olympics and out of sight at the paralympics .
What has gone wrong ? It is as though you feel the winds of change pushing you hard but are not yet ready to call out for help .
The tragedy is that I am not convinced that others will take any notice . Sad to see an Empire crumble and then fall in well under a century .

Carygrant
09-10-2012, 10:34 AM
In the years since, through interview with the Canadian vets who were there, it has also been revealed that there were US "observers" along on the raid. The US was still neutral at that point. It appears the objective was to have a close look at a German radar installation.

It was also proof to all that the planned means of a landing, towed barges was not going to work and led to the development of the LST, the front loading craft that enabled MacArthur to island hop his way up the Pacific Island chain.

The events of the Dieppe Raid are not taught in either British nor US schools. About 20 years ago, the man who approved the raid, Lord Beavertbrook visited Canada and apologized to the people of Canada and said if he had known it was a "suicide mission" he would never had said yes. He was lying, or course, as it was known the raid was going to be a slaughter from the beginning. They could not order the Australians to do it as they were under their own command; Canadians, all volunteers at that point were under the direct orders of British command and could not refuse the mission.

That Post of junk and garbage will be hard to surpass . Quite brilliant as it does not contain one hard fact .
Certainly contains a whole string of deceptions and lies .
Anybody interested in History and facts should keep your post as a standard example of how not to do things .
My biggest concern is that you might genuinely believe such rubbish .

DonGlock26
09-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Strangely , we were discussing Extremist Republicans at work today .
All my guys are ex professional Military and/or Security , well travelled and intelligent -- otherwise they don't get the job .I played Devil's Advocate but couldn't get one guy to say one decent thing about you collectively .
One guy said that 80% of all Americans haven't even got a Passport and of those that have , the vast majority simply cannot work to our tough professional standards and lack physical fitness .Not one of them could ever imagine employing an American in a field of responsibility and all said that they preferred not to have to train them -- we will leave out the reasons .
This summer we saw the Americans perform very weakly in the Olympics and out of sight at the paralympics .
What has gone wrong ? It is as though you feel the winds of change pushing you hard but are not yet ready to call out for help .
The tragedy is that I am not convinced that others will take any notice . Sad to see an Empire crumble and then fall in well under a century .

That's a nice work of short fiction, but really what's the point. We all know that you are simply a self-loathing American progressive. They are a dime a dozen on the interwebs.

_