PDA

View Full Version : Want to know why businesses leave California?

texan
01-25-2016, 07:33 PM
Want to see what debt gets us?

Memo to my son's company, now keep in mind his company does 4 to 5 mil in revenue per year. They are paid up 100% in taxes. He has a lot of contractors involved keeping himself with minimal direct employees. From the state they get a letter for at least the 4th year in a row saying we are passing this on to you equally even though none of these people ever worked for you. They have lost so many companuis because of crap like this..........from the the accountant:

Just a heads up that your remainder due for the 2015 FUTA taxes will be charged to the bank account on Monday. The invoice is attached - it's for
$2301.76.

The attached memo went out a few weeks ago as a heads up. This is something that CA has been hit with for the past several years. The state has
borrowed from the federal government to pay unemployment benefits & so they are charged higher taxes & pass those taxes along to all the employers in the state.

The extra tax rate isn't determined until the end of the year so it's not something that could have been paid week to week or even quarterly
- it's just an all at once thing based on the first $7000 in payroll for
each employee in 2015.

The positive is that at least we are able to accrue this expense & use as awrite off in 2015.

Company's that he has out there were hit again, this time with a few days notice and auto drafted 7K, 6K & 10K.....

Keep up this spending across the board and this thing is gonna crash, it is just math if you can do it.

Green Arrow
01-25-2016, 07:44 PM
Because it's insane, at all levels, but particularly in the state government?

texan
01-25-2016, 09:51 PM
Nobody gov or private sector can just keep borrowing money. The bad thing about the gov is they can take us all down with them.

ThaiBoxer
01-25-2016, 11:37 PM
If California is so bad for business than how come that smart phone of yours and all of your other technological gadgets are all being invented in the San Francisco Bay Area? Riddle me that one Batman.

del
01-25-2016, 11:39 PM
If California is so bad for business than how come that smart phone of yours and all of your other technological gadgets are all being invented in the San Francisco Bay Area? Riddle me that one Batman.

if it's so good, why are they all being manufactured in asia, robin?

ThaiBoxer
01-25-2016, 11:42 PM

Umm because they can get people over there to work for a dollar an hour moron. You think anyone in the states will do that?

del
01-25-2016, 11:42 PM
Umm because they can get people over there to work for a dollar an hour moron. You think anyone in the states will do that?

how's things in manila?

ThaiBoxer
01-25-2016, 11:52 PM
how's things in manila?

THAT ISN'T FUNNY! I'm filing a police report tomorrow and you assholes are going to jail. You can't take someone's pictures and do something like that. That's ILLEGAL! If that was you get your fucking lawyer ready.

Tahuyaman
01-25-2016, 11:53 PM
THAT ISN'T FUNNY! I'm filing a police report tomorrow and you $#@!s are going to jail. You can't take someone's pictures and do something like that. That's ILLEGAL! If that was you get your $#@!ing lawyer ready.
Yeah....... That'll work.

leekohler2
01-26-2016, 12:18 AM

Not all of them are:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtmarko/2014/07/02/us-tech-manufacturing-gems/#395dda7413d4

And all of these companies are doing quite well.

Tahuyaman
01-26-2016, 12:45 AM
I'm still laughing about "running heart"

Peter1469
01-26-2016, 06:12 AM
Chinese companies that make Apple products installed (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2103798/Revealed-Inside-Apples-Chinese-sweatshop-factory-workers-paid-just-1-12-hour.html)"jump nets." :shocked:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/20/article-2103798-11D40C66000005DC-165_634x351.jpg

Professor Peabody
01-26-2016, 06:35 AM

How Apple Sidesteps Billions in Taxes (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/business/apples-tax-strategy-aims-at-low-tax-states-and-nations.html?_r=0)

That's how.

Boris The Animal
01-26-2016, 06:37 AM
How Apple Sidesteps Billions in Taxes (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/business/apples-tax-strategy-aims-at-low-tax-states-and-nations.html?_r=0)

That's how.
And yet again, ThaiBoy swings and misses. If he wants his Communistic one party utopia, I hear N. Korea is more to his ideology.

Professor Peabody
01-26-2016, 06:44 AM
And yet again, ThaiBoy swings and misses. If he wants his Communistic one party utopia, I hear N. Korea is more to his ideology.

Low information voters..........what can you do but educate them.