PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Donald Trump.....

Sane Centrist
01-27-2016, 02:37 PM
Well..........looks like some of the hateful, negative rhetoric coming from Mr. Trump has backfired indeed (in a good way for the opposition)

Take a look, and please give me your thoughts.

Trump’s Effect On The Latino Vote Has Begun: More Hispanic U.S. Citizens Are Coming
Thousands of legal Hispanic residents are becoming U.S. citizens from Nevada to Florida and Colorado because of Trump.

“There is a measurable, substantial increase in Latino voter registration and voting when there is a clear villain perceived as anti-Latino.”

LAS VEGAS — Near the Las Vegas strip, five women who share a number of qualities sat down for an interview.
The women are all Latina. They’re foreign-born. They’re members of the 53,000-strong Culinary Workers Union Local 226. They work as housekeepers (four of them at Donald Trump’s Las Vegas hotel).

And they’re all in the process of becoming naturalized U.S. citizens.

These women are just five of what labor and immigration activists say are a few of the thousands of Latinos they hope to help naturalize, in pivotal swing states like Nevada, Florida, and Colorado. The reason, they say? Trump made them do it.

“I have realized people have erroneous thoughts about all Latinos, they want to pigeonhole us into things we aren’t like rapists and drug dealers,” said Maria Mendoza, one of the five women, in Spanish. Mendoza was referring to Trump’s now infamous announcement speech, in which he said Mexico was sending rapists and criminals across the border.

She’s lived in the United States for 18 years, and worked at Trump’s hotel for five; one woman in the group has lived here for more than 35 years. Mendoza said her decision to become a citizen originated from the current political landscape. “They don’t realize we come to this country for a dream, and as Latinos, we want to reach that dream,” she said.

Click on this link to read the full story:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/adriancarrasquillo/trumps-effect-on-the-latino-vote-has-begun-more-hispanic-us#.qvqb0pdvn7

I have a feeling this is only going to increase given the seething hatred most Latino's have for Mr. Trump. (that is exceedingly well deserved)

It also makes me wonder where American Muslims are regarding their voting trends, and which parties they typically support. (if any at all)

TrueBlue
01-27-2016, 02:45 PM
That is GREAT NEWS that they are all now in the process of becoming naturalized! This new trend must obviously continue if for one good thing to teach Trump a lesson not to be belittling Hispanics and Latinos. I salute all of those fine folks for taking this important movement and process forward and actually bringing it to fruition!

Mac-7
01-27-2016, 03:37 PM
Its not great news if mexicans are able to vote in our elections for the right to break the immigration laws

Common Sense
01-27-2016, 03:39 PM
Its not great news if mexicans are able to vote in our elections for the right to break the immigration laws

The article talks about Mexicans becoming Americans. So they would be Americans voting, not "mexicans".

Mac-7
01-27-2016, 03:46 PM
The article talks about Mexicans becoming Americans. So they would be Americans voting, not "mexicans".

Yes, I can read.

but whatever the label their top issue is destroying the immigration system and flooding the country with more of their own kind.

Common Sense
01-27-2016, 03:47 PM
Yes, I can read.

but whatever the label their top issue is destroying the immigration system and flooding the country with more of their own kind.

Can you though? You said "if mexicans are able to vote".

Do you not count naturalized citizens as "true Americans"?

TrueBlue
01-27-2016, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by Mac-7 http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=1419200#post1419200)
"Its not great news if mexicans are able to vote in our elections for the right to break the immigration laws"

That is correct. However, Mac apparently has a problem distinguishing between the two nationalities.

Mac-7
01-27-2016, 03:49 PM

The story says they will apply for cotizenship so they are still mexicans till then

Sane Centrist
01-27-2016, 03:59 PM

Mac....these are Mexicans that are ultra pissed off at Donald and really, you can't blame them.

Every Mexican on the planet was incensed when they heard what Donald said about Mexico sending nothing but their worst.

True story my friend:

I was in Queretaro Mexico last year on business and the young lady I was working with is a full blown chemical engineer, and her husband is a mechanical engineer. (from a different company)

They're in their mid 20's, they're very well educated (from within Mexico) and they have a baby son.

This young woman's husband was offered a job in Georgia by an engineering firm, and she contacted me to ask me my advice about Georgia, the area and the schools because her biggest concern was how nice the people were, how good the schools were, and how they would be received there.

I told her not to worry, I gave her information on some of the nice areas in Georgia where this company is located that is interested in her husband, and I wished her luck.

She sent me an email a few months later telling me that they were all settled in (legally of course) and that everything was going well up until the night before.

I asked her what happened and she told me that they were out to dinner with some engineering reps from a different company. One of the young (white) engineers told them that they couldn't possibly be from Mexico or Mexican, and when she asked why - he said "because their skin was white, and that they were educated".

I guess this guy didn't get the memo that Mexicans (like blacks) come in all shades, and that many of them have pale white skin.

She told me the guy said it with a "straight face" and expected them to say "your right, we're really from Argentina" or something like that.

She was of course upset & humiliated but she kept her cool.

Here's the problem.....because of idiots like Donald Trump (including Donald Trump) that says the stupid chit that he says, most Americans have this image of all Mexicans as lazy, brown or dark brown people that wear sombreros, that do nothing but drink & sleep all day or deal drugs.

Mexico in NOTHING like the foul representation it gets from the media, and Mexicans are some of the most wonderful people on the planet.

Please try to remember that "true story" I shared with you the next time you feel the need to degrade or think negatively about Mexicans......

TrueBlue
01-27-2016, 04:25 PM
Mac....these are American citizens that happen to be Mexicans that are ultra pissed off at Donald and really, you can't blame them.

Every Mexican on the planet was incensed when they heard what Donald said about Mexico sending nothing but their worst.

True story my friend:

I was in Queretaro Mexico last year on business and the young lady I was working with was full blown chemical engineer, and her husband is a mechanical engineer. (from a different company)

They're in their mid 20's, they're very well educated (from within Mexico) and they have a baby son.

This young woman's husband was offered a job in Georgia by an engineering firm, and she contacted me to ask me my advice about Georgia, the area and the schools because her biggest concern was how nice the people were, how good the schools were, and how they would be received there.

I told her not to worry, I gave her information on some of the nice areas in Georgia where this company is located that is interested in her husband, and I wished her luck.

She sent me an email a few months later telling me that they were all settled in (legally of course) and that everything was going well up until the night before.

I asked her what happened and she told me that they out to dinner with some engineering reps from a different company. One of the young (white) engineers told them that they couldn't possibly be from Mexico or Mexican, and when she asked why - he said "because their skin was white, and that they were educated".

I guess this guy didn't get the memo that Mexicans (like blacks) come in all shades, and that many of them have pale white skin.

She told me the guy said it with a "straight face" and expected them to say "your right, we're really from Argentina" or something like that.

Here's the problem.....because of idiots like Donald Trump (including Donald Trump) that says the stupid chit that he says, most Americans have this image of all Mexicans as lazy, brown or dark brown people that wear sombreros, that do nothing but drink & sleep all day or deal drugs.

Mexico in NOTHING like the foul representation it gets from the media, and Mexicans are some of the most wonderful people on the planet.

Please try to remember that "true story" I shared with you the next time you feel the need to degrade or think negatively about Mexicans......
Exactly! And that's the argument that I've been taking to many places not the least of which is this forum. If people knew that the tanner-skinned Mexican is actually a product of the Native American or Mestizo they would realize that all of the rest of Hispanics or Latinos from Mexico and elsewhere are White-skinned, therefore, White.

Here's the proof for the truly ignorant and stupid ones who still apparently can't fully grasp that concept.

Famous people you didn't know were Hispanic
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/17/showbiz/gallery/famous-people-you-didnt-know-were-latino/

Famous People of Mexican Descent
http://www.ranker.com/list/famous-people-of-mexican-descent/celebrity-lists

15 Teen Stars You Never Knew Were Latino
http://www.celebuzz.com/photos/15-teen-stars-you-never-knew-were-latino/1015-teen-stars-you-never-knew-were-latino-alexis-bledel/

texan
01-27-2016, 04:26 PM
I will say that if Mexicans in this country are voting because Trumps says we should enforce our immigration laws they are shallow minded fools. They may not like his rhetoric but his general message is spot on....................Obviously we can't round them up and move them out, but that has been said a million times and now they are pissed about it?

Shallow!

Sane Centrist
01-27-2016, 04:47 PM
Exactly! And that's the argument that I've been taking to many places not the least of which is this forum. If people knew that the tanner-skinned Mexican is actually a product of the Native American or Mestizo they would realize that all of the rest of Hispanics or Latinos from Mexico and elsewhere are White-skinned, therefore, White.

Here's the proof for the truly ignorant and stupid ones who still apparently can't fully grasp that concept.

Famous people you didn't know were Hispanic
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/17/showbiz/gallery/famous-people-you-didnt-know-were-latino/

Famous People of Mexican Descent
http://www.ranker.com/list/famous-people-of-mexican-descent/celebrity-lists

15 Teen Stars You Never Knew Were Latino
http://www.celebuzz.com/photos/15-teen-stars-you-never-knew-were-latino/1015-teen-stars-you-never-knew-were-latino-alexis-bledel/

How about all of this.......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexicans_of_European_descent

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/fernando-hurtado/what-happens-when-youre-a-light-skinned-latino_b_6098348.html

http://www.latina.com/lifestyle/light-skinned-pale-latina-problems

These women are Mexican................

TrueBlue
01-27-2016, 04:48 PM
I will say that if Mexicans in this country are voting because Trumps says we should enforce our immigration laws they are shallow minded fools. They may not like his rhetoric but his general message is spot on....................Obviously we can't round them up and move them out, but that has been said a million times and now they are pissed about it?

Shallow!
Quite to the contrary, I don't think it is the least bit foolish or shallow-minded of them to do that. I firmly believe Hispanics, Mexicans and Latinos are saying Enough Is Enough of Trump! and want to show him what his egregious words truly mean to people from Mexico in this country who now want to legally become naturalized citizens. That is the correct thing to do but the only problem is that the report says "thousands." That number needs to be raised to MILLIONS of them wanting to become naturalized since it is reported that there are about Eleven Million people from Mexico here at this time. May they all be successful and become Naturalized American Citizens! God bless all of you!

TrueBlue
01-27-2016, 04:55 PM
How about all of this.......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexicans_of_European_descent

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/fernando-hurtado/what-happens-when-youre-a-light-skinned-latino_b_6098348.html

http://www.latina.com/lifestyle/light-skinned-pale-latina-problems

These women are Mexican................

Yes of course! And we need go no farther than to Cameron Diaz, Christina Aguilera, Vanna White, as a few, for the blond, blue-eyed Hispanic person of which there are millions not only in Mexico but in the U.S.A. alone as well as in other Spanish-speaking countries that produced Evita Peron of Argentina and Cortez of Spain.

Sane Centrist
01-27-2016, 04:55 PM

Shallow!

Well............

Trump has awakened a sleeping giant, much in the same way terrorist groups have by trying to kill us.....

I'll let you make the comparisons, and think about that simple sentence for a while.

Being an @$$-hole has it's consequences my friend, and Latino's are the fastest growing segment in this country right now.

You'd think that Mr Trump with all of his alleged experience & education would have thought a few seconds more before he inserted his foot in his mouth with all of the stupid things he's said at all of his campain rallies.

This is what happens when your more interested in riling people up to garnish votes instead of speaking the truth or speaking to "unite" people, sometimes it backfires on you.

Sane Centrist
01-27-2016, 04:56 PM
Yes of course! And we need go no farther than to Cameron Diaz, Christina Aguilera, Vanna White, as a few, for the blond, blue-eyed Hispanic person of which there are millions not only in Mexico but in the U.S.A. alone as well as in other Spanish-speaking countries that produced Evita Peron of Argentina and Cortez of Spain.

Exactly, Exactly, Exactly..................

TrueBlue
01-27-2016, 05:00 PM
Well............

Trump has awakened a sleeping giant, much in the same way terrorist groups have by trying to kill us.....

I'll let you make the comparisons, and think about that simple sentence for a while.

Being an @$$-hole has it's consequences my friend, and Latino's are the fastest growing segment in this country right now.

You'd think that Mr Trump with all of his alleged experience & education would have thought a few seconds more before he inserted his foot in his mouth with all of the stupid things he's said at all of his campain rallies.

This is what happens when your more interested in riling people up to garnish votes instead of speaking the truth or speaking to "unite" people, sometimes it backfires on you.
It sure does and now Trump will have to reap what he has sown! Thanks for your acknowledgement of that fact! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/fool/appl.gifhttp://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/fool/appl.gifhttp://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/fool/appl.gifhttp://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/ahswen/3.gif

PolWatch
01-27-2016, 05:09 PM

psstt....don't tell him that his hero Cruz can't vote under his definition of real Americans!

Cigar
01-27-2016, 05:14 PM
It will be impossible for a Republican to become President ever again, without gerrymandering, voter suppression or more than 35% Latino Vote.

Because he can Kiss the Gay, Muslim, Woman and Black Vote GOOD-BY :laugh:

Mac-7
01-27-2016, 07:18 PM
Mac....these are Mexicans that are ultra pissed off at Donald and really, you can't blame them.

True story my friend:

I was in Queretaro Mexico last year on business and the young lady I was working with is a full blown chemical engineer, and her husband is a mechanical engineer. (from a different company)

I asked her what happened and she told me that they were out to dinner with some engineering reps from a different company. One of the young (white) engineers told them that they couldn't possibly be from Mexico or Mexican, and when she asked why - he said "because their skin was white, and that they were educated".

I dont know what most Americans think of mexicans.

But for every 20-something Mexican chemical engineer working in America there are probably thousands of uneducatec peons standing on a corner near Home Depot looking for work.

So dont blame Americans for reacting to what they see.

zelmo1234
01-27-2016, 07:22 PM
That is GREAT NEWS that they are all now in the process of becoming naturalized! This new trend must obviously continue if for one good thing to teach Trump a lesson not to be belittling Hispanics and Latinos. I salute all of those fine folks for taking this important movement and process forward and actually bringing it to fruition!

I forgot how he belittled the legal Hispanic immigrants? Can you remind me again?

zelmo1234
01-27-2016, 07:23 PM
Well..........looks like some of the hateful, negative rhetoric coming from Mr. Trump has backfired indeed (in a good way for the opposition)

Take a look, and please give me your thoughts.

Trump’s Effect On The Latino Vote Has Begun: More Hispanic U.S. Citizens Are Coming
Thousands of legal Hispanic residents are becoming U.S. citizens from Nevada to Florida and Colorado because of Trump.

“There is a measurable, substantial increase in Latino voter registration and voting when there is a clear villain perceived as anti-Latino.”

LAS VEGAS — Near the Las Vegas strip, five women who share a number of qualities sat down for an interview.
The women are all Latina. They’re foreign-born. They’re members of the 53,000-strong Culinary Workers Union Local 226. They work as housekeepers (four of them at Donald Trump’s Las Vegas hotel).

And they’re all in the process of becoming naturalized U.S. citizens.

These women are just five of what labor and immigration activists say are a few of the thousands of Latinos they hope to help naturalize, in pivotal swing states like Nevada, Florida, and Colorado. The reason, they say? Trump made them do it.

“I have realized people have erroneous thoughts about all Latinos, they want to pigeonhole us into things we aren’t like rapists and drug dealers,” said Maria Mendoza, one of the five women, in Spanish. Mendoza was referring to Trump’s now infamous announcement speech, in which he said Mexico was sending rapists and criminals across the border.

She’s lived in the United States for 18 years, and worked at Trump’s hotel for five; one woman in the group has lived here for more than 35 years. Mendoza said her decision to become a citizen originated from the current political landscape. “They don’t realize we come to this country for a dream, and as Latinos, we want to reach that dream,” she said.

Click on this link to read the full story:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/adriancarrasquillo/trumps-effect-on-the-latino-vote-has-begun-more-hispanic-us#.qvqb0pdvn7

I have a feeling this is only going to increase given the seething hatred most Latino's have for Mr. Trump. (that is exceedingly well deserved)

It also makes me wonder where American Muslims are regarding their voting trends, and which parties they typically support. (if any at all)

And yet the Hispanics in the Race are on the GOP side? Could they be registering to vote for a Hispanic?

Just a thought?

Mac-7
01-27-2016, 07:47 PM
I forgot how he belittled the legal Hispanic immigrants? Can you remind me again?

I think hispanics have trouble telling the difference between legal immigration and hopping over a fence at midnight

obeying laws may not be part of their culture

Cigar
01-27-2016, 08:50 PM

Not now, how about in November :laugh:

Sane Centrist
01-28-2016, 07:31 AM
And yet the Hispanics in the Race are on the GOP side? Could they be registering to vote for a Hispanic?

Just a thought?

Neither Cruz or Rubio are real Hispanics in the cultural sense.........

Cruz is basically a white boy who's daddy happened to be from Cuba (by way of Spain), and I'll bet you the farm that his daddy (like most white Cubans) has European ancestry.

Same thing goes for Rubio, he's a white boy wrapped up in with a Spanish sounding name but culturally, morally, ethically.....he's a white boy...

None of this this is necessarily a bad thing, and lord knows there's nothing wrong with being a white boy, but "most" (I didn't say all) real Hispanics drenched in real Spanish traditions & heritage don't align themselves with either one of these people. (ask me how I know)

Conservatives call fake republicans RINO's - these two guys are: SINO's Spanish In Name Only........

Sane Centrist
01-28-2016, 11:16 AM
I dont know what most Americans think of mexicans.

But for every 20-something Mexican chemical engineer working in America there are probably thousands of uneducatec peons standing on a corner near Home Depot looking for work.

So dont blame Americans for reacting to what they see.

Ok, well I'm not sure what part of the county "you" live in but here in the North East Cost there aren't 20 something Mexicans hanging out at the Home Depot looking or waiting for work.

If I had to guess I would say that your somewhere in Texas, Nevada, New Mexico, or possibly Southern California. Mind you I've been traveling to all of those places on business trips for years and although there are more Mexicans there than where I'm at, I didn't see dozens of Mexicans just hanging out at big box stores or on corners.

Actually your comments inspired me to do some research into the matter and here's what I found:

Seems like there a lot more highly skilled, highly educated Mexicans here than you thought, check it out:

It’s not just poor and uneducated Mexicans who move to the U.S.
Nearly one third of Mexican PhDs now work in U.S.Exodus allows U.S. to get ‘free ride’ from Mexican ‘brains’

Crime, ease of research, not just pay, cited as factors

By Tim Johnsontjohnson@mcclatchydc.com

MEXICO CITY
If Donald Trump thinks all Mexican migrants are criminals, it’s because he hasn’t met the likes of Pablo Meyer, a computational biologist, or Enrico Ramirez Ruiz, an astrophysicist.

They are two of the thousands of Mexicans with doctorates who’ve left their homeland, mostly for the United States, in a brain drain that saps Mexican academia of super-hot minds.

Some of them sought jobs in Mexico and couldn’t find them, securing slots instead on the faculties of U.S. universities. Others long to return. Still others did come back, only to get fed up with bureaucracy or disgusted by crime and return to the United States, where academia and industry recognize talent without regard to citizenship.

It’s the flip side of presidential candidate Trump’s calls for higher border walls to keep Mexican immigrants out. Highly skilled Mexicans also travel north and are met with open arms. By one estimate, 11,000 Mexicans with doctoral degrees reside and work in the United States. Another estimate says 27 percent of all Mexicans who hold such degrees work north of the border.

The United States reaps clear benefit from such an exodus.

You can read the rest of the story here if you'd like:

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/world/latin-america/article31302689.html#storylink=cpy

Then there's this bit of information........
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/uc/2014/04/starting_from_the_bottom_why_mexicans_are_the_most _successful_immigrants.html

P.S. Americans are not reacting to what they see, they're reacting to what they're "being told" by people like Donald Trump or the idiots on fake, news show's who's main agenda is to demonize certain groups 24 hours a day.

Mac-7
01-28-2016, 11:45 AM
Ok, well I'm not sure what part of the county "you" live in but here in the North East Cost there aren't 20 something Mexicans hanging out at the Home Depot looking or waiting for work.

If you are not cursed by the flotsam of mexico count yourself lucky

The problem is worse in the southwest because its closer to the border.

Not having your ox gored may explain your benign ignorance on the subject of illegal aliens and the mass migration from mexico and central america.

Bo-4
01-28-2016, 11:51 AM
It will be impossible for a Republican to become President ever again, without gerrymandering, voter suppression or more than 35% Latino Vote.

Because he can Kiss the Gay, Muslim, Woman and Black Vote GOOD-BY :laugh:

Nope, and after the next election they will conduct another "autopsy" and promptly ignore it again.

They just can't help themselves. :)

Mac-7
01-28-2016, 11:56 AM
Nope, and after the next election they will conduct another "autopsy" and promptly ignore it again.

They just can't help themselves. :)

Your concern for our political health is touching.