PDA

View Full Version : tPF How would Mister D fix America?

iustitia
01-27-2016, 04:27 PM
Society is all kinds of crazy. The White House, Congress and Supreme Court sadly were wiped out by locusts or something. @Mister D (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=4)'s collected the Dragon Balls or some shit and has the power to guide the country to sensible governance and wholesome culture.

Mister D, you have nigh-omnipotence, to the extent that you can make decisions in lieu of the current regime. What would you do to 'fix' America? Or would you do nothing at all? To make things simpler, perhaps you'd like to list 10 things you'd do. Political, military, economic, cultural, et al. Whatever you want.

Mister D
01-27-2016, 04:29 PM
I will ponder and respond by tomorrow.

The Xl
01-27-2016, 04:37 PM
Plus 1 for DBZ reference.

GrassrootsConservative
01-27-2016, 04:50 PM
Society is all kinds of crazy. The White House, Congress and Supreme Court sadly were wiped out by locusts or something

Sadly?

Cigar
01-27-2016, 05:23 PM
I will ponder and respond by tomorrow.

I'm sure it would have to do with getting rid of all Brown People.

I suggest Mister D go to Chicago and start his sweep on 31st & King Drive and work his way down to 57th ...

Personally I'd set the odds that he may makes it halfway to 32nd street.

Done; America is rid of one. :grin:

Ethereal
01-27-2016, 05:46 PM

No, just dumb ones like you.

Peter1469
01-27-2016, 05:59 PM

I suggest Mister D go to Chicago and start his sweep on 31st & King Drive and work his way down to 57th ...

Notice: Thread banned at the request of the thread owner.

zelmo1234
01-27-2016, 06:01 PM

Not really a need to start there, Rahm, and the Democrats are doing a great job of letting them kill themselves off already

zelmo1234
01-27-2016, 06:16 PM
Well if it is not just for MR D I will take a shot.

#1 New progressive tax code that would replace all taxation capital gains and income. with a starting rate of 1% and a top rate of 22.5% on those making over 5 million a year. The only deductions would be charitable donations. and economic enterprise zones. it would also illuminate the death tax and repatriotization taxes.

#2 Reform SS into an investment fund that would build wealth for those that are young and secure the current system remains solvent.

#3 Set up Enterprise zones in 200 areas hardest hit by the economy where companies would receive a 10 year reduction of 50% to 100% depending on the number and quality of jobs created.

#4 Revisit all of the trade agreements with foreign countries and set schedule to illuminate subsidies in 10 years.

#5 Close the southern border, set devastating fines for companies that knowingly employ illegals, set strong deportation laws, and eliminate funding for sanctuary cities.

#6 End nation building and set policy of total war for countries that sponsor terrorism and act against US interest. basically the policy would be you can live in peace or you can't live at all. unconditional surrender would be the policy. This would include ripping up the treaty with Iran.

#7 End all subsidies to business, farming, energy. Stop funding corporate R&D and switch funding to University system where discoveries would be available to all.

#8 repeal the ACA Set new TORT reforms and set up a market based system to lower costs. Allow for sales of insurance nation wide and for healthcare co-ops such as the Catholic Church. Or Farmers of America.

#9 Welfare too Workfare, no free lunch. Review all disability cases in 5 years, and Raise income for current SS and disability members.

#10 restore the constitution and limit judicial power including returning Senators to state appointment. This would also end many Gov. Departments such as the IRS, DOE, EPA

There is my top ten!

Mister D
01-27-2016, 07:01 PM
iustitia First of all, thank you for removing the troll from my presence.

I was thinking about this on my ride home and a recent post from Peter touched on the decadence that I think is really at the root of many of our problems including, quite frankly, the racial problem.

Every 30 or 40 years, Americans become incredibly pessimistic. They begin to believe the nation is falling behind in competitiveness and innovation, that their children will not be as well off as they themselves have been, and that some other country will own the future. They fear that the United States will go the way of the British Empire in the 20th century.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/57433-The-many-reasons-to-be-excited-about-America%E2%80%99s-future

The American obsession with material progress and economic prosperity is not something one can simply legislate away. Back in the 90's Bill Clinton's campaign hit on a slogan that was effective precisely because it rings so true to the American voter, "it's the economy, stupid". Yes, indeed. That is our priority. We'll sacrifice anything on the altar of Mammon from our dignity (e.g. Black Friday brawls) to our birthright (e.g. our veritable dispossession in parts of the US via an immigration policy that would have been inconceivable only a few generations ago).

Just a preliminary thought.

iustitia
01-28-2016, 11:18 AM
Decadence is one of the reasons, besides ignorance if you don't consider them related, that I doubt the ability of civil society to last under modern man. Which is pretty much why I manufactured this absurd premise in which a philosopher king if you will can redirect his people absent their usual regime.

Tahuyaman
01-28-2016, 11:28 AM

of course Cigar goes straight for the race baiting....

iustitia
01-28-2016, 11:31 AM
of course @Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294) goes straight for the race baiting....

And he's threadbanned.

Mister D
01-28-2016, 11:31 AM
Decadence is one of the reasons, besides ignorance if you don't consider them related, that I doubt the ability of civil society to last under modern man. Which is pretty much why I manufactured this absurd premise in which a philosopher king if you will can redirect his people absent their usual regime.

That's the thing. It's not really a matter of power in many cases. For example, far tighter control of the border is something I would effect ASAP but that doesn't strike at the root of the problem. Migrants have flowed into this country at least in part because there exists a widespread belief that they have a right to. I can enforce different policies that will for a time seem to at least alleviate the problem of migration flows but if I can't effect a change of heart in the American public with respect to their posterity it could only be a temporary solution. Force can only accomplish so much. As they sayl, one can do anything with bayonets except sit on them.