PDA

View Full Version : Bob Dole

Don
01-31-2016, 02:18 PM
Watching an interview with Bob Dole. He says Ted Cruz is a RINO. Orwellian. Cruz doesn't fit in with the establishment Republicans. Thank God. I think Cruz might make a good VP for Rand Paul.

It looks like Fox News is again running interference for the establishment Republicans just like most of the rest of the media runs interference for the establishment Democrats. During the debates the other night they again helped Rubio and Bush, ignored Paul as much as they could and acted like Carson was just a cardboard cutout. When Paul answered one of their kind of a "gottcha" questions very well the camera caught Megyn Kelly frowning before she realized it had swung back to her. I think we need a new way to hold these debates.

Tahuyaman
01-31-2016, 02:26 PM
While Bob Dole is an honest man, he represents the established career political class. He believes that all solutions to all human problems come through government intervention.

Truth Detector
01-31-2016, 02:29 PM
Watching an interview with Bob Dole. He says Ted Cruz is a RINO. Orwellian. Cruz doesn't fit in with the establishment Republicans. Thank God. I think Cruz might make a good VP for Rand Paul.

It looks like Fox News is again running interference for the establishment Republicans just like most of the rest of the media runs interference for the establishment Democrats. During the debates the other night they again helped Rubio and Bush, ignored Paul as much as they could and acted like Carson was just a cardboard cutout. When Paul answered one of their kind of a "gottcha" questions very well the camera caught Megyn Kelly frowning before she realized it had swung back to her. I think we need a new way to hold these debates.

Bob Dole; a guy who NEVER won any of his many bids to become President should not PRESUME to lecture ANYONE about how to conduct their campaign nor should he ENGAGE to impugning members of his own party trying to prevent the further dissolution of our Constitutional Republic.....EVER!

Green Arrow
01-31-2016, 02:36 PM
Anyone who looks at Cruz's history can see that he was as loyal an establishment goon as one can be. The only reason he took his "anti-establishment" turn is because George W. Bush didn't like his personality (nor did anyone else in Bush's administration - consistent with pretty much everyone else that knows Cruz) and as such didn't offer him the cabinet position he wanted.

In other words...all this anti-establishment stuff from him is just his revenge tour because he didn't get his political favor from the establishment.

Green Arrow
01-31-2016, 02:37 PM
Bob Dole; a guy who NEVER won any of his many bids to become President should not PRESUME to lecture ANYONE about how to conduct their campaign nor should he ENGAGE to impugning members of his own party trying to prevent the further dissolution of our Constitutional Republic.....EVER!

Yep, it's the First Commandment of Conservative Individualism: Thou shalt never break from the herd.

Peter1469
01-31-2016, 03:09 PM
Anyone who looks at Cruz's history can see that he was as loyal an establishment goon as one can be. The only reason he took his "anti-establishment" turn is because George W. Bush didn't like his personality (nor did anyone else in Bush's administration - consistent with pretty much everyone else that knows Cruz) and as such didn't offer him the cabinet position he wanted.

In other words...all this anti-establishment stuff from him is just his revenge tour because he didn't get his political favor from the establishment.

Even anti-establishment types have to play some ball unless they are very secure back home. The parties in Congress operate like machines. Ask Allen West what 100% principle gets you. They need to be "trojan horses" until there are enough in Congress to effect change.

Green Arrow
01-31-2016, 03:10 PM
Even anti-establishment types have to play some ball unless they are very secure back home. The parties in Congress operate like machines. Ask Allen West what 100% principle gets you.

There's a difference between playing some ball (Rand Paul) and being 100% establishment (Ted Cruz). If Bush had offered Cruz the cabinet position he wanted in 2000, Cruz would be a loyal member of the establishment today. They didn't, so now he's playing their enemy to get back at them.

Cletus
01-31-2016, 03:26 PM

Nonsense.

Green Arrow
01-31-2016, 03:34 PM
Nonsense.

Not nonsense. Established fact.

Don
01-31-2016, 03:41 PM
Even anti-establishment types have to play some ball unless they are very secure back home. The parties in Congress operate like machines. Ask Allen West what 100% principle gets you. They need to be "trojan horses" until there are enough in Congress to effect change.

Politicians say whatever they think will help them get elected. Establishment types on both sides tell people what they can or will do for them but when elected the status quo remains the same. Wouldn't it be nice for a change if a few politicians did spout a bit of the party line to get elected and then actually went to the core of their beliefs and actually did things that reduced the influence of the federal government and created a situation that was good for America?

Peter1469
01-31-2016, 04:17 PM
Politicians say whatever they think will help them get elected. Establishment types on both sides tell people what they can or will do for them but when elected the status quo remains the same. Wouldn't it be nice for a change if a few politicians did spout a bit of the party line to get elected and then actually went to the core of their beliefs and actually did things that reduced the influence of the federal government and created a situation that was good for America?

I am speaking more about what happens with the new Congress Critter goes to work. His party manages him like a puppet and if he pushes back too much he is punished. If he goes far enough he ends up with his district redrawn so he can't win re-election.

Don
01-31-2016, 05:16 PM
That's the system that needs to be overthrown. We just need to elect more people who will stand up against them until there aren't enough of them left to matter. I think that's what most Americans really want. These "party's" need to go.

Crepitus
01-31-2016, 06:53 PM
Bob Dole thinks that Bob Dole is a pretty swell guy.

Subdermal
01-31-2016, 07:09 PM
Bob Dole is a tax and spend big government Republican.

Just exactly the kind of Republican we do not need.

Don
01-31-2016, 08:12 PM
That's what I meant by Orwellian. Like the ever changing alliances in 1984 the terms liberal, conservative, Republican change over time. The neo cons used to be the "RINO's" but now they are so entrenched that the real Republicans are considered as "RINO's" to them. I have no idea how to describe what they call "Democrats" these days.

Common
01-31-2016, 10:33 PM
Well I agree with Bob Dole and anyone else that believes Ted Cruz is a lieing snake and a self serving mutt.
I cant stand the guy not one bit

Boris The Animal
01-31-2016, 10:49 PM
That's what I meant by Orwellian. Like the ever changing alliances in 1984 the terms liberal, conservative, Republican change over time. The neo cons used to be the "RINO's" but now they are so entrenched that the real Republicans are considered as "RINO's" to them. I have no idea how to describe what they call "Democrats" these days.How about Communists?

Peter1469
02-01-2016, 05:52 AM
How about Communists?

In English, words have meanings.