PDA

View Full Version : good book review from VDare

Mister D
09-13-2011, 11:05 AM
Once or twice per year, my local Costco puts out for sale a big stack of paperback copies of Charles C. Mann’s 2005 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus, a detailed combination of history, travelogue, and popular science that has become one of more respected and popular nonfiction books of the last decade. I find it heartening that somebody can still make decent money writing an ambitious, serious, and well-researched book. Now Mann has published a new bestseller sequel about the historical roots of globalization: 1493: Uncovering the New World Columbus Created .

http://www.vdare.com/articles/charles-c-mann-s-1493-the-columbian-exchange-the-homogenocene-and-white-guilt

MMC
09-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Once or twice per year, my local Costco puts out for sale a big stack of paperback copies of Charles C. Mann’s 2005 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus, a detailed combination of history, travelogue, and popular science that has become one of more respected and popular nonfiction books of the last decade. I find it heartening that somebody can still make decent money writing an ambitious, serious, and well-researched book. Now Mann has published a new bestseller sequel about the historical roots of globalization: 1493: Uncovering the New World Columbus Created .

http://www.vdare.com/articles/charles-c-mann-s-1493-the-columbian-exchange-the-homogenocene-and-white-guilt

How did he create when he found what was already there?

Mister D
09-13-2011, 11:22 AM

How did he create when he found what was already there?

he means the new globalized world.

Conley
09-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Sounds like it is worth checking out. It reminds me of the Cabeza de Vaca book I read, but that was 100 years later. What an amazing time in history.

Mister D
09-13-2011, 11:32 AM
Sounds like it is worth checking out. It reminds me of the Cabeza de Vaca book I read, but that was 100 years later. What an amazing time in history.

That is a really good story. 8)

Conley
09-13-2011, 11:47 AM

That is a really good story. 8)

Yep it is amazing!