John Kasich - White Male
Rand Paul - White Male
Marco Rubio - Latino/American
Donald Trump - White Male

Democrat Candidates

Hillary Clinton - White Old Geezer Female
Bernie Sanders - White Old Geezer Male
Martin O'Malley - Doofis White Male

What do all the Democrat candidates have in common? Why do they think they will get the minority votes?

Doublejack
02-01-2016, 09:44 PM
Republican Candidates

Jeb Bush - White Male
Ben Carson - African American
Chris Christie - White Male
Ted Cruz - Latino/American
Carly Fiorina - White Female
John Kasich - White Male
Rand Paul - White Male
Marco Rubio - Latino/American
Donald Trump - White Male

Democrat Candidates

Hillary Clinton - White Old Geezer Female
Bernie Sanders - White Old Geezer Male
Martin O'Malley - Doofis White Male

What do all the Democrat candidates have in common? Why do they think they will get the minority votes?

1. Sense.
2. Common sense.

Green Arrow
02-01-2016, 09:50 PM
1) What do they have in common? Party affiliation. Other than that...nothing. Well, Hillary and O'Malley both have the strong detestability factor going for them.

2) Why do they think they will get the minority votes? Well, for one thing, the Democratic candidates actually address the issues of minorities instead of just saying, "Democrats are bad for minorities!" They show more sensitivity to issues that bother minorities, too. Like, for example, the Black Lives Matter movement. Instead of parroting the asinine "All Lives Matter" line, they use "Black Lives Matter." They pander to minorities just like the GOP does, but they still address the issues. Kind of like why youth voters favor the 75 year old in the race over any other candidate, it's because Bernie Sanders' main focus is on issues that directly affect young people today and he offers solutions to those issues. Unlike the GOP candidates, who primarily focus on foreign policy issues and issues that primarily affect the elderly.

Mister D
02-01-2016, 09:52 PM
I was just thinking that I have no idea of Martin O'Malley is. I know of everyone else.

Green Arrow
02-01-2016, 09:53 PM
I was just thinking that I have no idea of Martin O'Malley is. I know of everyone else.

All I knew was that he was the governor of Maryland. Ravens Fan can't say anything good about the guy, so I took his word for it.

Mister D
02-01-2016, 09:55 PM
All I knew was that he was the governor of Maryland. @Ravens Fan (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=908) can't say anything good about the guy, so I took his word for it.

Oh! I thin I do remember something about him now. Ravens Fan was that a tight governor's race? I seem to remember it being closely watched.

Ravens Fan
02-01-2016, 09:58 PM

He is the guy with a 3% poll rating going into the caucus, lol. He is also the guy who no one can remember his name.

Both are good things.

Mister D
02-01-2016, 10:00 PM
He is the guy with a 3% poll rating going into the caucus, lol. He is also the guy who no one can remember his name.

Both are good things.

I think it was the Virginia Governor's race I recalled anyway. :smiley:

Ravens Fan
02-01-2016, 10:01 PM
All I knew was that he was the governor of Maryland. @Ravens Fan (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=908) can't say anything good about the guy, so I took his word for it.

I appreciate that, but I would not discourage anybody doing their own research into him. Given a choice between him and Hillary, I would pick Hillary, and I have not been shy on how I feel about her.

Ravens Fan
02-01-2016, 10:06 PM
Oh! I thin I do remember something about him now. @Ravens Fan (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=908) was that a tight governor's race? I seem to remember it being closely watched.

It was thought to be a tight race, with O'Malley's Lieutenant Governor running basically as Marty Jr. But Hogan swept even strong Democrat areas, with bi-partisan support. It was both a huge victory for Hogan and a strong F.U. to O'Malley and his gang.

And yes, I am a bit biased on that one, based on living with his stupidity.

Cigar
02-01-2016, 10:13 PM
:grin: See Your Future, Be Your Future :afro:

Green Arrow
02-01-2016, 10:23 PM
I appreciate that, but I would not discourage anybody doing their own research into him. Given a choice between him and Hillary, I would pick Hillary, and I have not been shy on how I feel about her.

Eh, it's okay. I tend to only use my time investigating candidates that actually have a reasonable shot in hell of winning :tongue:

Ravens Fan
02-01-2016, 10:51 PM
Eh, it's okay. I tend to only use my time investigating candidates that actually have a reasonable shot in hell of winning :tongue:

He is suspending his campaign now anyways. Only got 1%. :smiley_ROFLMAO: