PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen on the Missouri Senate race

pjohns
09-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Some on the left continue to fervently insist that Rasmussen's polls are biased in favor of the Republican candidate.

It is a charge that strikes me as downright absurd.

The Senate race in Missouri is an excellent case in point.

The (unabashedly) pro-Democratic polling group, Public Policy Polling, has Claire McCaskill (D) up by just one percentage point, over her opponent, Todd Akin (R); the latter of whom stuck his foot in his mouth recently, with his silly words about "legitimate rape."

However, Rasmussen has McCaskill up by all of 10 percentage points; which is a wider margin for the Democrat than in any of the other polls shown in RealClearPolitics.

Here is the link: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/senate/mo/missouri_senate_akin_vs_mccaskill-2079.html

GCF
09-11-2012, 11:09 PM
If I was a betting man I would put money on Todd Akins to win that. McCaskill is really not well liked from what I understand an I don't see that remark being much of anything.

Trinnity
09-11-2012, 11:30 PM
If she does win, it could cost R control of the Senate, and we need that. There's so much damage to undo from Obama's four years in office. Damn that Akin for his idiotic statement.

pjohns
09-12-2012, 04:54 PM
If she does win, it could cost R control of the Senate, and we need that. There's so much damage to undo from Obama's four years in office. Damn that Akin for his idiotic statement.

Excellent point!

I remain conflicted about this race: Rep. Akin's remarks strike me as being stupid at best, or downright misogynistic at worst. So it is difficult for me to be enthusiastically for him.

But a victory by Sen. McCaskill would, indeed, make it much harder for the GOP to take control of the upper body of Congress.

In short, it is the classic "macro versus micro" thing.

Anyway, I believe this poll puts the lie to the (often repeated) assertion that Rasmussen is simply in the bag for Republican candidates...