PDA

View Full Version : No Love for Andy Pandy's First Major

Conley
09-11-2012, 10:40 PM
What, no love for Andy Pandy's first major? That was a great match...I thought his nerves were going to let him down again, but in a way he should be stronger than ever now because he very nearly gave it away but fought through it. That should make him stronger than a straight sets blowout, which is what it was looking at 4-0 in the second. Congrats to Andy...and Cary, you should give thanks to the great United States of America for having a major for your boy to win. Without the U.S. he'd still be hunting :evil: :grin:

And yes, our MNT took down Jamaica tonight before you say anything snarky

ps Andy's girl is :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: ...somehow I wouldnt have put them together but it must be his sparkling personality

Carygrant
09-12-2012, 01:48 AM
Andy is publicly dour .
Underneath is a cool guy who knows his music .
He always was the most naturally athletic of the top four and now is coming close to Rodger at his best in terms of tactical nous and artistry
I predicted he was nailed on for both Wimbledon and the Masters this year and was 95% right . He always had a clear edge over Djokovic when both were juniors and the managership of Ivan Lendl has turned him from outstanding player to Hall Of Fame material now , possibly for a few years .
We are not going to sweep the International scene but the huge shake up over here is slowly producing --- we have three girls who have real top 30 potential and a bunch of lads with the same outlook but at least 12 months behind the girls -- Watson and Robson in particular .

Can't resist asking where the US strength is hiding . A once strong nation is not producing top flight players . In isolation this might just be the temporary poor part of the cycle . But the same is true in Athletics and Boxing both professional and amateur .
Are you becoming more and more a nation of fat wimps?

Shoot the Goose
09-12-2012, 08:59 AM
............... But the same is true in Athletics and Boxing both professional and amateur .
Are you becoming more and more a nation of fat wimps?

Well, we call it "liberalism" ....... but yeah, we are.

Carygrant
09-12-2012, 09:58 AM
That's the sort of Post I respect . Happy to admit shortcomings , whilst later no doubt balancing the overall picture with mentions of positives .

Would that we see that more often , for research has shown that even we have some very teeny weeny weaknesses hidden away . I'll ask my PA to remind me later what they possibly could be .