PDA

View Full Version : 44 to 42

JVV
02-05-2016, 07:29 PM
I looked for another thread on this. Sorry if I missed it. National poll: Sanders and Clinton neck-and-neck (http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/05/politics/quinnipiac-poll-clinton-sanders-2016/)

In December Hillary led Sanders 61% to 30% in the Quinnipiac poll.
Now it's 44% to 42%.

Boom!

#Bernmentum

Green Arrow
02-05-2016, 08:01 PM
You better believe it!

Chris
02-05-2016, 08:20 PM
42, the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Truth Detector
02-05-2016, 08:23 PM
GOOOOOO BERNIE!! :biglaugh:

JVV
02-05-2016, 08:30 PM

30 in December. 42 now. 52 in November. :grin:

JDubya
02-05-2016, 08:59 PM
People who place stock in poll numbers 9 months out from an election are clueless.

Green Arrow
02-05-2016, 09:13 PM
People who place stock in poll numbers 9 months out from an election are clueless.

The subject is how Bernie polls against Hillary in the Democratic Party's primary. So the poll isn't nine months out from an election.

Dr. Who
02-05-2016, 09:15 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/6f/f6/d2/6ff6d2e2cc9a0dd284d6f95a27ebde1a.jpg

JVV
02-05-2016, 10:15 PM
Former N.A.A.C.P. President Endorses Bernie Sanders (http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/02/05/former-n-a-a-c-p-president-endorses-bernie-sanders/)

Benjamin T. Jealous, a prominent black leader and former N.A.A.C.P. president, endorsed Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont for president on Friday and vowed to increase his support among black voters in South Carolina, a crucial primary state, as well as across the country.

Mr. Jealous, who led the N.A.A.C.P. from 2008 to 2013, said he gave his endorsement because Mr. Sanders opposes the death penalty, will combat institutional racism and has “the best plan for ending mass incarceration and improving community policing.”

As the race for the Democratic presidential nomination moves beyond Iowa and New Hampshire into more diverse primary states, Mr. Sanders must work hard to compete with Hillary Clinton, who has a big lead on Mr. Sanders among black voters, who have known and supported her and former President Bill Clinton for years.

Mr. Jealous said he planned to spread Mr. Sanders’s message and believed the race between Mr. Sanders and Mrs. Clinton was reaching “a real tipping point.”

Boom!

#Bernmentum

Green Arrow
02-05-2016, 10:21 PM
Former N.A.A.C.P. President Endorses Bernie Sanders (http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/02/05/former-n-a-a-c-p-president-endorses-bernie-sanders/)

Boom!

#Bernmentum

Hillary's done.

Tahuyaman
02-05-2016, 10:37 PM
I'm not so sure that Hillary is done, but Sanders is sure giving her a run for her money.

Obviously she's suffering the effects of the ethical cloud following her around.

Crepitus
02-05-2016, 10:41 PM
Ah yes, we have the answer!

Now please define the question!

Dr. Who
02-05-2016, 10:45 PM
Ah yes, we have the answer!

Now please define the question!
"The meaning of Life."

Crepitus
02-05-2016, 10:54 PM
"The meaning of Life."
Life, the universe, and everything!

Dr. Who
02-05-2016, 10:57 PM
Life, the universe, and everything!
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy was both one of my favorite humoristic Sci-Fi books and favorite TV programs, although the book was funnier.

Crepitus
02-05-2016, 11:00 PM
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy was both one of my favorite humoristic Sci-Fi books and favorite TV programs, although the book was funnier.
Yes, the books were funnier, but the old BBC series was great too!

The recent movie sucked.

Dr. Who
02-05-2016, 11:12 PM
Yes, the books were funnier, but the old BBC series was great too!

The recent movie sucked.
I think that series of stories, for whatever reason, cracked me up like few others ever did. It could be the age I was reading them. It was around the same time that I became a Doctor Who fan.

Crepitus
02-05-2016, 11:15 PM
I think that series of stories, for whatever reason, cracked me up like few others ever did. It could be the age I was reading them. It was around the same time that I became a Doctor Who fan.
Love the Dr. Also Red Dwarf, Black Adder, all those old BBC shows right on down to The Young Ones.

Dr. Who
02-05-2016, 11:27 PM
Love the Dr. Also Red Dwarf, Black Adder, all those old BBC shows right on down to The Young Ones.Really loved Red Dwarf. They are making a new series btw, but I'm not sure how easy it will be to catch the episodes unless they get syndicated outside of the UK.

Crepitus
02-05-2016, 11:53 PM
Really loved Red Dwarf. They are making a new series btw, but I'm not sure how easy it will be to catch the episodes unless they get syndicated outside of the UK.

I have heard that, even with the original actors!

Hal Jordan
02-06-2016, 12:11 AM

Fun fact! Douglas Adams, who wrote HHGttG was a head writer for Doctor Who during the Tom Baker era.

Crepitus
02-06-2016, 12:16 AM
Fun fact! Douglas Adams, who wrote HHGttG was a head writer for Doctor Who during the Tom Baker era.

The fourth Dr. Was always my favourite.

Hal Jordan
02-06-2016, 12:19 AM
The fourth Dr. Was always my favourite.

He's definitely in my top three. I'd go 11 (my first Doctor), then 10, then 4 (with all being very close).

Crepitus
02-06-2016, 12:49 AM
He's definitely in my top three. I'd go 11 (my first Doctor), then 10, then 4 (with all being very close).
11 didn't exist when I started watching them.

Hal Jordan
02-06-2016, 12:52 AM
11 didn't exist when I started watching them.

I was just unable to watch before then.

Crepitus
02-06-2016, 12:54 AM
I was just unable to watch before then.
His last year was my freshman year in highschool.

Hal Jordan
02-06-2016, 01:30 AM
His last year was my freshman year in highschool.

The area I grew up in was way behind on technology. Last I knew, they were still stuck with dial-up unless they sprang for satellite service (or, like my mom, bought 3g devices to hook up to their laptops, which shows how far she has come on computer experience).

JVV
02-06-2016, 01:39 AM
Love the Dr. Also Red Dwarf, Black Adder, all those old BBC shows right on down to The Young Ones.

When I look up "smeghead" in the search engine, I see no matches.

That word really should be used more often.

Hal Jordan
02-06-2016, 01:52 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=smeghead

JVV
02-06-2016, 04:04 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=smeghead

smeghead!

texan
02-07-2016, 01:28 AM
I pray Bernie wins........I couldn't begin to grasp the majority of dems supporting a fraud like Clinton.

Green Arrow
02-07-2016, 01:29 AM
I pray Bernie wins........I couldn't begin to grasp the majority of dems supporting a fraud like Clinton.

There's actually reason to believe that even if Bernie loses the nomination and elects not to run as an independent, most progressives will just stay home on election day, which would really torpedo Clinton the way conservatives say staying home torpedoed Romney.

JVV
02-07-2016, 03:17 AM
There's actually reason to believe that even if Bernie loses the nomination and elects not to run as an independent, most progressives will just stay home on election day, which would really torpedo Clinton the way conservatives say staying home torpedoed Romney.

Yes. Some of course will move to Clinton, but many such as myself will make other choices.

If Bernie Sanders loses, his backers may not be there for Hillary Clinton in November (http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-clinton-sanders-20160206-story.html)

Peter1469
02-07-2016, 07:22 AM
Hillary needs to worry about prison, not the primary election.

Bo-4
02-07-2016, 11:12 AM
Saw this on Fox-n-Friends this morning.

Quinnapiac is pretty reliable and seldom creates outliers.

America is feeling the Bern!

Mister D
02-07-2016, 11:14 AM

I can totally see you sipping coffee and watching Fox and Friends.

Truth Detector
02-07-2016, 11:15 AM

Yes. Some of course will move to Clinton, but many such as myself will make other choices.

If Bernie Sanders loses, his backers may not be there for Hillary Clinton in November (http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-clinton-sanders-20160206-story.html)

Gooooooo BERNIE!

Truth Detector
02-07-2016, 11:18 AM

Me too! :rofl:

suds00
02-07-2016, 12:59 PM
he's a nice man,however he's too old.i don't like hillaryon the other side bush and Kasich are the only palatable candidate for me.kind of narrows the field for me.

Green Arrow
02-07-2016, 01:23 PM
he's a nice man,however he's too old.i don't like hillaryon the other side bush and Kasich are the only palatable candidate for me.kind of narrows the field for me.

Age is meaningless in a world where people live until 100 in full health.

Truth Detector
02-07-2016, 01:28 PM
Age is meaningless in a world where people live until 100 in full health.

...unless you are a Republican candidate named Reagan or McCain. Then the leftist media turns it into an issue; like how to correctly spell "potatoe." ;)

Green Arrow
02-07-2016, 01:47 PM
...unless you are a Republican candidate named Reagan or McCain. Then the leftist media turns it into an issue; like how to correctly spell "potatoe." ;)

Reagan was running 40 years ago when our lifespans were not as long and McCain actually had health issues, but I agree, age should not have been a factor for them either.

PolWatch
02-07-2016, 03:06 PM

I'm really curious about voter turnout this election. I think Trump is setting up the same situation on the repub side that Clinton is on the dem side. I suspect moderates of both parties will stay home in droves.

Bo-4
02-08-2016, 09:26 AM

Not exactly - just laying there trying to wake up and since there's nothing on CNN weekends at 4 AM other than prattling Englishmen and prison on MSNBC, they do make me giggle.

;-)

Mister D
02-08-2016, 10:04 AM
Not exactly - just laying there trying to wake up and since there's nothing on CNN weekends at 4 AM other than prattling Englishmen and prison on MSNBC, they do make me giggle.

;-)

Morning shows are awful in general. I find them incredibly irritating.

texan
02-08-2016, 12:01 PM
I thought this was a real shot across the bow of the clinton's................They always try and rely on Bill being the "first black president."

Hand over played.