PDA

View Full Version : tPF Hillary Clinton Blasts 'State's Neglect' for Flint Water Crisis During Visit to City

TrueBlue
02-07-2016, 04:45 PM
Hillary Clinton Blasts 'State's Neglect' for Flint Water Crisis During Visit to City
By Liz Kreutz

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hillary-clinton-blasts-states-neglect-flint-water-crisis/story?id=36775227

"Hillary Clinton (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/whitehouse/hillary-clinton.htm) blasted the "state's neglect" for the ongoing water crisis in Flint, Michigan, during an emotional visit today to an African-American church in the city."

"We don't yet know how many children have been affected by lead poisoning (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/lifestyle/health/toxic-heavy-metals.htm), we don't yet know how many challenges they will face," she said from the pulpit of Flint's House of Prayers. "What we do know we know is that even a single child suffering lead poisoning due to the state's neglect is one child too many."

"Clinton, who took a break from campaigning in New Hampshire to visit Flint, is the first presidential candidate to visit the city."

=========================
Thanks to ABC News for this report.

Imho, Hillary Clinton is deeply concerned for the children in Flint, Michigan. She has even taken time from her busy schedule to visit there to let them know which is something the other candidates have not done to date. Something clearly has to be done about this horrendous and drastic situation. The health of children must not be impaired because someone did not care enough to protect them!

Notice: This Is A WARNING To Everyone Participating In This Thread.
In This Thread It Is Not Allowed To Conduct Any Bad Faith Postings; Baiting; Flooding the Thread With Little Or No Content; Ignoring Requests to Cease.

In Addition, Harassment *Of Any Kind* Is Not Permitted Or Calling Members Out. No Threatening Of Members. No Bigoted Attacks Against Any Minorities or Person(s) Or Vulgarity, Profanity, and Nasty Innuendo With Regard To People Being Discussed Or Of Members To Include the Use of Memes For The Purpose Of Harassment Which Are Cause For An Immediate Ban!

Be Sure To Deport Yourself In A Decent, Amicable Manner At All Times Simply Because YOU CAN, Anyone Can. Any Violations of the Aforementioned Things Will Be Cause For An Immediate Ban Without Further Warnings. So, If You Find Yourself Suddenly Banned From This Thread Without Farther Notice You Will Know Why. Be Forewarned. Thank You For Your Cooperation and Enjoy the Thread!

Ethereal
02-07-2016, 05:37 PM
How thoughtful of her to show up and say some stuff. I'm touched.

hanger4
02-07-2016, 05:39 PM
To bad HC forgot to mention the EPA's own negligence. Reckon why ??

exotix
02-07-2016, 05:40 PM
It's a presidential thing to do ... let's see if any GOP prez candidates do the same.

Mister D
02-07-2016, 05:42 PM
I swear that woman is fearless. Tomorrow, she'll tell us she's against crime. The hell with popular opinion! She stands for principle!

hanger4
02-07-2016, 05:50 PM
I swear that woman is fearless. Tomorrow, she'll tell us she's against crime. The hell with popular opinion! She stands for principle!

Really .... what was she gonna say. To bad Captain Obvious doesn't get royalties when a poly state's the 'obvious'.

TrueBlue
02-07-2016, 06:55 PM
That's a hell of a lot better than what folks on your side are doing, which is NOTHING. Because let's face it, they simply don't care. They don't give a damn about the children. Yet Republicans expect for their parents and others across the country to vote for them in November? No chance. They've already shown what they are incapable of doing in order to help the children in Flint due to simply not caring. And anyone with kids needs to keep this well in mind as they enter the voting booths.

Ethereal
02-07-2016, 07:01 PM
That's a hell of a lot better than what folks on your side are doing, which is NOTHING. Because let's face it, they simply don't care. They don't give a damn about the children. Yet Republicans expect for their parents and others across the country to vote for them in November? No chance. They've already shown what they are incapable of doing in order to help the children in Flint due to simply not caring. And anyone with kids needs to keep this well in mind as they enter the voting booths.

Yes, you and Hillary Clinton care so much, and you love children. I'm impressed, truly.

Ethereal
02-07-2016, 07:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo

TrueBlue
02-07-2016, 07:08 PM
Yes, you and Hillary Clinton care so much, and you love children. I'm impressed, truly.
Instead of trying to be funny, which doesn't work here, you should be calling up the governor in Michigan and chewing him out for sitting on his hands and doing absolutely nothing to rectify this most critical situation. They need to pay those families for the care their children will obviously need for quite some time to come. It is all on the state to do that. If they don't comply, the Federal government may sure need to step in and help those families receive the compensation from the state that they are most deserving of.

hanger4
02-07-2016, 07:10 PM

You forgot that Repubs want to feed grandmothers dogfood.

What crock !!

hanger4
02-07-2016, 07:13 PM
Instead of trying to be funny, which doesn't work here, you should be calling up the governor in Michigan and chewing him out for sitting on his hands and doing absolutely nothing to rectify this most critical situation. They need to pay those families for the care their children will obviously need for quite some time to come. It is all on the state to do that. If they don't comply, the Federal government may sure need to step in and help those families receive the compensation from the state that they are most deserving of.

What about the negligence of the EPA ??

AeonPax
02-07-2016, 07:23 PM
`
One of the few times I agree with you.

TrueBlue
02-07-2016, 07:24 PM
You forgot that Repubs want to feed grandmothers dogfood.

What crock !!
Well you're so RIGHT about that! And that's No Crock!

zelmo1234
02-07-2016, 07:37 PM

How they hell do you live with yourself.

First it is the Wealthy republicans in the state that are paying for all the water that is needed.

Second this would not even be an issue if the Democrats in Charge of Flint for Decades would not have pissed all of the money that was granted to the city to repair the aging water system.

Third, we are talking about 2% of the City that is effected and of those effected, only 2% or the children tested positive for Thank God for the GOP in MI because If we still have the financial policies of the Democrats there would not be a 579 million dollar surplus, that can be used to deal with this issue.

Hillary and True have one thing in common, they are both lying sacks of shit.

I think Phil Collins sums up my feelings for both of them fairly well.

"If you told me you were drowning, I would not lend a hand"

Ethereal
02-07-2016, 07:38 PM

I don't live in Michigan, and I don't support the Republican party, so I'm not going to call him up and demand anything from him. I'm just going to shake my head at your attempts to absolve Democrats for their integral role in Flint's dilapidated state while ignoring the part that government played in the genesis of Flint's water problems.

Flint's water crisis isn't a failure of austerity. It's a failure of government. (http://theweek.com/articles/600101/flints-water-crisis-isnt-failure-austerity-failure-government)

zelmo1234
02-07-2016, 07:40 PM
Maybe she should have taking the time to apologize for the NAFTA agreement that he Husband signed, after all that is want killed Flint by moving the Auto and Appliance industry to Mexico

What do you think True, should she have apologized for that?

Ethereal
02-07-2016, 07:45 PM
`
One of the few times I agree with you.

Oh yea? Where was she and the TrueBlues of the world when Obama's EPA dumped millions of gallons of toxic mine water into the Colorado River system?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/08/07/14/2B2DCBED00000578-3187787-image-m-31_1438954830044.jpg

TrueBlue
02-07-2016, 07:52 PM
I'm so glad you opened that door!!

But you sure have a nerve doing so apparently unaware that Republicans OPPOSE the EPA! They have been fighting the EPA tooth and nail and they are even pictured here. So, if you're trying to pin this tragedy on the EPA it won't work. What Republicans should do, if they had any semblance of a conscience, is to adequately FUND THE EPA instead of being conveniently remiss about that fact and necessity. This tragedy lies upon Michigan's Republican governor, however, who did absolutely nothing when he could have to prevent this tragedy!

The Five Battlefronts in Republicans' War on the EPA
By Rebecca Leber

https://newrepublic.com/article/120228/what-expect-gop-war-epa

"Republicans have spent six years campaigning against President Barack Obama’s “war on coal” and promising to fight the Environmental Protection Agency’s regulations. Now that Republicans have gained control of both chambers of Congress, they are in a position to declare war with the EPA."

"The GOP’s plans for environmental regulation are hardly a secret. The Senate’s new leadership includes a majority leader who promised he would “get the EPA reined in (http://www.kentucky.com/2014/11/06/3525294_kentuckys-mcconnell-reflects-after.html?rh=1),” an environmental chairman who thinks global warming is a hoax (https://newrepublic.com/article/120134/climate-change-denier-james-inhofe-lead-environment-committee), and a newly elected senator who would like to eliminate the EPA (http://www.politico.com/story/2014/10/joni-ernst-bruce-braley-clash-over-epa-in-debate-111810.html) altogether."

zelmo1234
02-07-2016, 07:53 PM
Oh yea? Where was she and the TrueBlues of the world when Obama's EPA dumped millions of gallons of toxic mine water into the Colorado River system?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/08/07/14/2B2DCBED00000578-3187787-image-m-31_1438954830044.jpg

Nothing to see here "E" just and honest mistake and they did everything? For nothing I can't remember to cover it up.

zelmo1234
02-07-2016, 07:54 PM

But you sure have a nerve doing so apparently unaware that Republicans OPPOSE the EPA! They have been fighting the EPA tooth and nail and they are even pictured here. So, if you're trying to pin this tragedy on the EPA it won't work. What Republicans should do, if they had any semblance of a conscience, is to adequately FUND THE EPA instead of being conveniently remiss about that fact and necessity. This tragedy lies upon Michigan's Republican governor, however, who did absolutely nothing when he could have to prevent this tragedy!

By Rebecca Leber

Of course they do, any agency that orders state officials to shut up about the massive amounts of lead in the water, should be shut down.

TrueBlue
02-07-2016, 08:02 PM

Perhaps if the Republicans had been judicious enough in funding the EPA and its overall needs much better than the lousy, next to nothing funding they allocate to them, there would have been better safeguards in place and that would not have happened!

zelmo1234
02-07-2016, 08:06 PM
Perhaps if the Republicans had been judicious enough in funding the EPA and its overall needs much better than the lousy, next to nothing funding they allocate to them, there would have been better safeguards in place and that would not have happened!

Can you show us where they actually cut the EPA budget? Not cut the increase. And Before you jump into it, remember that the sequester is Obama's Idea

domer76
02-07-2016, 09:08 PM

Tell us about it.

domer76
02-07-2016, 09:12 PM

How does mine water get so contaminated in the first place? Oh, that's right. MINES.

domer76
02-07-2016, 09:14 PM
Of course they do, any agency that orders state officials to shut up about the massive amounts of lead in the water, should be shut down.

One of your RW pals tells us the lead wasn't in the water. Now you tell us it is. Which one is it?

hanger4
02-07-2016, 09:20 PM

By Rebecca Leber

Actually that opened door just shows your mindless partianship.

"But while Snyder, a Republican, and his appointees have borne the brunt of the outrage, it turns out the Environmental Protection Agency fell down on the job, too."

"On Thursday, EPA Region 5 Administrator Susan Hedman announced she will resign from her post. But the EPA, while contrite, hasn't admitted wrongdoing. Like every other agency facing criticism for the water crisis, it has shifted the blame elsewhere—to Michigan's state officials."

"It was only once Flint became a national story, and Snyder and President Barack Obama declared a state of emergency, that the EPA admitted its initial response was too slow. Residents and the American Civil Liberties Union were still petitioning the EPA to act in October, long after the agency first became aware of potential problems."

http://m.motherjones.com/environment/2016/01/tnr-epa%e2%80%99s-silent-guilty-role-flint-water-crisis

hanger4
02-07-2016, 09:25 PM
How does mine water get so contaminated in the first place? Oh, that's right. MINES.
I suggest you get rid of all your electronics most of which reliy heavily on mined products.

domer76
02-07-2016, 09:30 PM
I suggest you get rid of all your electronics most of which reliy heavily on mined products.

Right. The mining industry has no responsibility to clean up after themselves.

hanger4
02-07-2016, 09:44 PM
Ethereal's point must have been over your head.

del
02-07-2016, 09:49 PM

if you think hillary gives a rat's ass about those kids, you're a dimmer bulb than i thought.

domer76
02-07-2016, 10:01 PM
Ethereal's point must have been over your head.

I'm very well aware of how the EPA fucked up on this one. Now, do you wish to address the blatant negligence of the people who dumped the poisons there in the first place?

domer76
02-07-2016, 10:03 PM
if you think hillary gives a rat's ass about those kids, you're a dimmer bulb than i thought.

Right. She's the only person in the country that doesn't care that kids are being poisoned. What a dumbfuck statement.

del
02-07-2016, 10:05 PM
Right. She's the only person in the country that doesn't care that kids are being poisoned. What a dumbfuck statement.

i never said she was the only person.

pay attention, hack

domer76
02-07-2016, 10:09 PM
i never said she was the only person.

pay attention, hack

EVERYBODY cares. That's the point.

del
02-07-2016, 10:11 PM
EVERYBODY cares. That's the point.

sure

everybody cares, especially hillary and rick snyder

zelmo1234
02-07-2016, 10:14 PM
One of your RW pals tells us the lead wasn't in the water. Now you tell us it is. Which one is it?

As far as we can tell here in MI nobody has ever said that there was no lead in the water.

There may have been lies about how the water was being treated, That is for sure, though other than our official that has resigned, it is not clear if there was anyone else involved.

It is clear that the Past Mayor of Flint and City council pissed away and misused federal and state grant money that was to be used to update the Flint Water system. This among other miss management of city fund lead to the appointed City manager and near bankruptcy.

We do know that the lead was reported to the federal EPA and state officials were told to keep it under wraps for the time being? It is not clear why.

But I live here? I am sure that the Democrats in DC and Mrs. Clinton have a much better grip getting their information from DC and the election trail.

Unfortunately, the people of Flint are political pawns for the DNC, and the Democrats here in the state and in the city of Flint are stalling and lying to keep the situation going for political gain.

domer76
02-07-2016, 10:14 PM
sure

everybody cares, especially hillary and rick snyder

Rick Snyder and his appointed managers screwed the pooch on this one. But if you think they aren't concerned that kids are poisoned, I'd say you're wrong. Now, do they want to pass the blame? No shit.

domer76
02-07-2016, 10:15 PM
As far as we can tell here in MI nobody has ever said that there was no lead in the water.

There may have been lies about how the water was being treated, That is for sure, though other than our official that has resigned, it is not clear if there was anyone else involved.

It is clear that the Past Mayor of Flint and City council pissed away and misused federal and state grant money that was to be used to update the Flint Water system. This among other miss management of city fund lead to the appointed City manager and near bankruptcy.

We do know that the lead was reported to the federal EPA and state officials were told to keep it under wraps for the time being? It is not clear why.

But I live here? I am sure that the Democrats in DC and Mrs. Clinton have a much better grip getting their information from DC and the election trail.

Unfortunately, the people of Flint are political pawns for the DNC, and the Democrats here in the state and in the city of Flint are stalling and lying to keep the situation going for political gain.

zelmo1234
02-07-2016, 10:18 PM
I'm very well aware of how the EPA $#@!ed up on this one. Now, do you wish to address the blatant negligence of the people who dumped the poisons there in the first place?

In case you are not aware, nobody put anything in the water to poison it. In fact it was the lack of an anti corrosion additive that caused the old pipes that were not supposed to be in use any longer to start leaching the lead into the water. There is plenty of blame to go around including our Republican Governor.

So if you want to make this a only Democrats have the solution? that is not correct either.

hanger4
02-07-2016, 10:33 PM
I'm very well aware of how the EPA fucked up on this one. Now, do you wish to address the blatant negligence of the people who dumped the poisons there in the first place?

Again Ethereal's point was HC's political hypocrisy by using Flint to bash Repubs while ignoring the EPA's frick up in Colorado and Flint.

Mini Me
02-07-2016, 11:18 PM

That's all wrong! Mining is about the most heavily regulated industry in the US!

All operations must put up a huge bond, and do reclamation after the mining is done!

domer76
02-07-2016, 11:58 PM
In case you are not aware, nobody put anything in the water to poison it. In fact it was the lack of an anti corrosion additive that caused the old pipes that were not supposed to be in use any longer to start leaching the lead into the water. There is plenty of blame to go around including our Republican Governor.

So if you want to make this a only Democrats have the solution? that is not correct either.

I never said anything if the sort. This was a financial decision made by one of Snyder's appointees. Try not to duck that issue.

domer76
02-08-2016, 12:00 AM
Again Ethereal's point was HC's political hypocrisy by using Flint to bash Repubs while ignoring the EPA's frick up in Colorado and Flint.

Does she have to come out on every environmental incident? Kids are poisoned on this one. Kinda sets it apart.

Dr. Who
02-08-2016, 12:11 AM

I'm not sure that I would read too much into her reaching out in Flint. Michigan is traditionally a Democratic stronghold. One could infer that she is just protecting her political image in Michigan to ensure that she, rather than Sanders gets their vote. It would be nice to think that it's out of a sense of concern, but I'm rather cynical in that regard.

domer76
02-08-2016, 12:18 AM
That's all wrong! Mining is about the most heavily regulated industry in the US!

All operations must put up a huge bond, and do reclamation after the mining is done!

Right. The beautiful Lake Coeur d'Alene in north Idaho is loaded with sedimentary heavy metals. And, sure, the mining industry is right on top of taking care of that.

Peter1469
02-08-2016, 04:11 AM
How they hell do you live with yourself.

First it is the Wealthy republicans in the state that are paying for all the water that is needed.

Second this would not even be an issue if the Democrats in Charge of Flint for Decades would not have pissed all of the money that was granted to the city to repair the aging water system.

Third, we are talking about 2% of the City that is effected and of those effected, only 2% or the children tested positive for Thank God for the GOP in MI because If we still have the financial policies of the Democrats there would not be a 579 million dollar surplus, that can be used to deal with this issue.

Hillary and True have one thing in common, they are both lying sacks of shit.

I think Phil Collins sums up my feelings for both of them fairly well.

"If you told me you were drowning, I would not lend a hand"

Warning: Please don’t call members names.

zelmo1234
02-08-2016, 04:18 AM
I never said anything if the sort. This was a financial decision made by one of Snyder's appointees. Try not to duck that issue.

Here is the Quote of your post #32

I'm very well aware of how the EPA $#@!ed up on this one. Now, do you wish to address the blatant negligence of the people who dumped the poisons there in the first place

It is exactly what you suggested, and you were either wrong or lying. because you are denying saying it I am guessing the lying.

Cletus
02-08-2016, 04:25 AM

So, what exactly, did Clinton do to actually HELP the people in Flint?

Be specific.

Professor Peabody
02-08-2016, 01:02 PM
Damn funny considering the EPA knew the water was contaminated last April and said nothing. I can only assume they were willing to sacrifice kids health for political gain.

Peter1469
02-08-2016, 05:59 PM
Hint: don't drink water with lead in it.

:shocked: