PDA

View Full Version : tPF “Well good grief, we’re getting offended by everything these days,”

OGIS
02-08-2016, 02:18 PM
Hillary tries on shoe in her mouth:

Hillary Clinton addresses sexism after Madeleine Albright and Gloria Steinem scold young women for backing BernieThe topic of sexism came up several times in the Democratic presidential campaign over the weekend after two of Hillary Clinton’s prominent female supporters criticized young women for backing Bernie Sanders.
At a rally in Concord, N.H., on Saturday, former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright introduced Clinton by throwing shade at her Democratic rival.

“People are talking about revolution,“ Albright said. What kind of a revolution would it be to have the first woman president of the United States? … Young women, you have to help. Hillary Clinton will always be there for you.”

On Sunday, Clinton defended Albright’s assertion that “there’s a special place in hell for women” who don’t vote for her.
“I think it was a light-hearted but very pointed remark,” Clinton said on NBC’s “Meet the Press (http://theslot.jezebel.com/hillary-clinton-defends-madeleine-albright-after-her-sp-1757639748?utm_campaign=socialfow_jezebel_twitter&utm_source=jezebel_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow).” "She believes it firmly, in part, because she knows what a struggle it has been. And she understands the struggle is not over.”
The Democratic frontrunner was asked if she understood why some women might have been offended by Albright’s comments.
“Well good grief, we’re getting offended by everything these days,” Clinton said. “Honest to goodness, I mean, people can’t say anything without offending somebody. She has a life experience that I respect. I admire her greatly. And I think what she was trying to do — what she’s done in every setting I’ve ever seen her in going back 20 plus years — was to remind young women, particularly, that you know, this struggle, which many of us have been part of, is not over, and don’t be in any way lulled by the progress we’ve made.”

more at https://www.yahoo.com/politics/hillary-clinton-addresses-sexism-after-madeleine-210913805.html?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

Peter1469
02-08-2016, 03:38 PM
lol

It is entertainment that is for sure.

Common
02-08-2016, 03:45 PM
Seriously anyone can see through that staged crap. I dont think young women who arent inclined to vote for hillary changing their minds

donttread
02-08-2016, 05:35 PM
Hillary tries on shoe in her mouth:

Hillary Clinton addresses sexism after Madeleine Albright and Gloria Steinem scold young women for backing Bernie

The topic of sexism came up several times in the Democratic presidential campaign over the weekend after two of Hillary Clinton’s prominent female supporters criticized young women for backing Bernie Sanders.
At a rally in Concord, N.H., on Saturday, former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright introduced Clinton by throwing shade at her Democratic rival.

“People are talking about revolution,“ Albright said. What kind of a revolution would it be to have the first woman president of the United States? … Young women, you have to help. Hillary Clinton will always be there for you.”

On Sunday, Clinton defended Albright’s assertion that “there’s a special place in hell for women” who don’t vote for her.
“I think it was a light-hearted but very pointed remark,” Clinton said on NBC’s “Meet the Press (http://theslot.jezebel.com/hillary-clinton-defends-madeleine-albright-after-her-sp-1757639748?utm_campaign=socialfow_jezebel_twitter&utm_source=jezebel_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow).” "She believes it firmly, in part, because she knows what a struggle it has been. And she understands the struggle is not over.”
The Democratic frontrunner was asked if she understood why some women might have been offended by Albright’s comments.
“Well good grief, we’re getting offended by everything these days,” Clinton said. “Honest to goodness, I mean, people can’t say anything without offending somebody. She has a life experience that I respect. I admire her greatly. And I think what she was trying to do — what she’s done in every setting I’ve ever seen her in going back 20 plus years — was to remind young women, particularly, that you know, this struggle, which many of us have been part of, is not over, and don’t be in any way lulled by the progress we’ve made.”

more at https://www.yahoo.com/politics/hillary-clinton-addresses-sexism-after-madeleine-210913805.html?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

Hilary is the anointed one.

Professor Peabody
02-08-2016, 09:33 PM
Three of the dumbest females on the planet.

texan
02-08-2016, 11:03 PM
That was one of the dumbest things I have ever heard at a campaign event.

BTW nobody even knows who old lady Albright. Especially millennials. They were not old enough as a group to pay attention.

Even Bill was trying to use Internet trolls off websites to stir up the woman card, FAIL!

donttread
02-09-2016, 08:44 AM
Seriously anyone can see through that staged crap. I dont think young women who arent inclined to vote for hillary changing their minds

Never underestimate the herd mentality of the American voter