PDA

View Full Version : Why the Working Class Is Choosing Trump and Sanders

Peter1469
02-09-2016, 06:10 PM
Why the Working Class Is Choosing Trump and Sanders (http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2016/02/09/Why-Working-Class-Choosing-Trump-and-Sanders)

Here is an opinion piece by the Fiscal Times.

The two sets of voters – those for Sanders and those for Trump – see different causes and different solutions to the struggles they face, but the goal in both cases is the same. They want an economy that works for them and a political system that responds to their needs.

It’s more than likely they will be disappointed. Even if by some miracle Trump or Sanders is elected, change will be slow and incremental if there is change at all. But the winds of change are blowing away from establishment politicians and the wealthy donors who support them, and as far as I’m concerned any change that helps the working class feel more secure and confident about the future – change that is based upon reality rather than the myths that have been sold to the public in support of wealthy interests – can’t come fast enough.

Green Arrow
02-09-2016, 06:30 PM
I've noticed that the president functions similar to an NFL coach.

You get one season most of the time (in the case of presidents, terms), OCCASIONALLY two or three, to turn a shit team into an NFL dynasty, but all it takes is one or two bad seasons and you get thrown out on your ears before you even get to finish building your program to even see if it works.

Mark III
02-09-2016, 06:33 PM
Why on earth would anyone believe Donald Trump is going to help working people ? It is the craziest thing I've ever heard.

This is a man who SAID, not that long ago , "wages are too high" . This in spite of the fact that US wages have been stagnant for decades.

Has America lost it's mind?

Peter1469
02-09-2016, 06:34 PM
Why on earth would anyone believe Donald Trump is going to help working people ? It is the craziest thing I've ever heard.

This is a man who SAID, not that long ago , "wages are too high" . This in spite of the fact that US wages have been stagnant for decades.

The article covers it.

Green Arrow
02-09-2016, 06:38 PM

Depends. If Trump and Clinton win the nominations, then yes, yes it has.

Mark III
02-09-2016, 06:41 PM
The article covers it.

I read the article and I don't see anything that suggests how or why Donald Trump would specifically help the "working class".

Also, your comment at the top says the article is from the Financial Times. The article itself says The Fiscal Times.

zelmo1234
02-09-2016, 06:42 PM

That is not true, they have gone down 5K per person under Obama

Mac-7
02-09-2016, 06:46 PM
This is a simular response to the op about the futility of electing trump because some know-it-all political pundit says the trumpster cant get anything done.

Here the same "experts" who didnt see trump and sanders coming at them in the first place are telling us what happens next?

give me a break

Mark III
02-09-2016, 07:31 PM
This is a simular response to the op about the futility of electing trump because some know-it-all political pundit says the trumpster cant get anything done.

Here the same "experts" who didnt see trump and sanders coming at them in the first place are telling us what happens next?

give me a break

I don't give your opinion much credence Mac 7. I have seen too many of your previous comments.

domer76
02-09-2016, 07:37 PM
Why the Working Class Is Choosing Trump and Sanders (http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2016/02/09/Why-Working-Class-Choosing-Trump-and-Sanders)

The problem is that Trump IS a wealthy donor.

domer76
02-09-2016, 07:38 PM
That is not true, they have gone down 5K per person under Obama

What is the cutoff date on the front end? Inauguration Day 2009?

Common
02-09-2016, 08:21 PM

Excellent opinion piece that I agree with

Mac-7
02-10-2016, 05:01 AM
I don't give your opinion much credence Mac 7. I have seen too many of your previous comments.

Sure, except I'm not trying to tell you what happens next.

I'm rejecting the opinions of people like you who want to tell us what we should think and what the future will bring.

I dont think you and your mentors in the pundit class have a clue.

AeonPax
02-10-2016, 05:52 AM
`
`
Good article. What is does, without directly saying so, is point out that this election is already based on economics and class. The have's versus the have nots. Trump makes himself appear as a loon, however, I can't blow off the suspicion that he's also crazy....crazy like a fox.

donttread
02-10-2016, 12:40 PM

Because they know the mainstream donkephant does nothing for them

Common
02-10-2016, 12:44 PM
The working class is choosing trump because the GOP hasnt voted once for anything for the working class. Obama has screwed the working class by ignoring them his entire presidency and then ramming ANOTHER trade deal down their throat. The working class if FED up with all of it.

The working class is for Sanders because Bill Clinton has screwed the working class with Nafta and hes been in the pocket of wall street from day 1. Hillary is a untrusted as a candidate can get her history is rife with mucho wall street asskissing.

Its time to rout the old dug in proven failures.

Truth Detector
02-10-2016, 12:53 PM

This is the sad state our society is declining to; the mistaken perception that Government should work or provide anything FOR you instead of just PROTECTING you, and places that false perception on human personalities and charisma.

If your faith and hope is placed on professional politicians who stay elected by promising free stuff, rather than on a higher order, you have much bigger issues as a society.

As we watch the slow steady erosion of the family and the meaning of marraige, society has and will see an increase in crime and poverty. When we, the sheeple, supplant family with the great Nanny Government State, the eventual collapse will be complete.

Truth Detector
02-10-2016, 12:57 PM
I've noticed that the president functions similar to an NFL coach.

You get one season most of the time (in the case of presidents, terms), OCCASIONALLY two or three, to turn a $#@! team into an NFL dynasty, but all it takes is one or two bad seasons and you get thrown out on your ears before you even get to finish building your program to even see if it works.

The Presidency is NOTHING like being an NFL coach. The job of the President isn't to win, but to protect the nation and defend its laws. It's when they get into the business of promising stuff they get into trouble.

Most get eight years. The goal should be similar to hiking in the forest; to do no harm and leave it intact without evidence of your time there.

HoneyBadger
02-10-2016, 01:36 PM

Apparently so. There are millions of people willing to pull the lever for a angry old guy who belongs in a nursing home in Moscow.

zelmo1234
02-10-2016, 02:50 PM

And What about your opinion? Not really worth a wooden Nickel either? is it?

zelmo1234
02-10-2016, 02:51 PM
What is the cutoff date on the front end? Inauguration Day 2009?

That is when he became President? is it not?