PDA

View Full Version : tPF NH Primary: Why does Hillary have more delegates than Bernie?

Green Arrow
02-09-2016, 11:37 PM
Right now, Politico is reporting the NH primary results at 80% reporting in and Sanders with 59.9% and Clinton with 38.5%, with 13 delegates for Sanders and 15 delegates for Clinton.

How does Clinton get two more delegates than Bernie when he's winning by 21.4%?

del
02-09-2016, 11:49 PM
Right now, Politico is reporting the NH primary results at 80% reporting in and Sanders with 59.9% and Clinton with 38.5%, with 13 delegates for Sanders and 15 delegates for Clinton.

How does Clinton get two more delegates than Bernie when he's winning by 21.4%?

ask the dnc would be my advice

it's pretty obvious after iowa that the whole process is rigged for shillary, imo

The Xl
02-10-2016, 12:15 AM
Sanders isn't going to win no matter what. This thing is rigged.

zelmo1234
02-10-2016, 12:18 AM
I think it has something to do with the super delegates that the DNC uses. They get to do whatever they want.

Hillary will get the nomination but the DNC might loose the youth, and the base in the process. and it is clear after Iowa and NH, Women don't like or want Hillary.

Green Arrow
02-10-2016, 12:21 AM
They'll definitely lose the left and younger voters. I'm sure as hell not voting for Hillary, if the DNC continues this charade and nominates Hillary I'll pick up extra hours at work.

FindersKeepers
02-10-2016, 06:34 AM
I think it has something to do with the super delegates that the DNC uses. They get to do whatever they want.

Correct. The superdelegates are not bound to vote as the majority of the citizens in their state voted. We will almost certainly see Hillary get the nod, even if Sanders beats her in every primary/caucus left.

zelmo1234
02-10-2016, 06:48 AM
Correct. The superdelegates are not bound to vote as the majority of the citizens in their state voted. We will almost certainly see Hillary get the nod, even if Sanders beats her in every primary/caucus left.

They were talking about this the other day, and the negative effect it will have on the DNC.

The Establishments of both parties are in crisis mode, the GOP did it by lying to the base and breaking promises.

The DNC appears to be doing it by corruption and deception.

donttread
02-10-2016, 08:52 AM
Sanders isn't going to win no matter what. This thing is rigged.

The DNC will find a way to nominate their anointed one

Common Sense
02-10-2016, 08:54 AM
The whole primary system seems very odd, amateurish and fraught with flaws. Coin tosses and open bribery? Seriously?

Mark III
02-10-2016, 09:06 AM
Super delegates appear to be party officials and elected officials , both from the US Congress and at the state level. There are also other super delegates who don't have to be party officials. Not sure how they are chosen. No super delegate is bound to vote at the convention according to any vote or even any prior commitment. The super delegates so far announced for Clinton are free to change their minds down the road.

Evidently the Democrats wanted party leaders and members of congress and other elected officials to have input into the nominating process. Wikipedia says approximately 20% of Democratic delegates are super delegates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superdelegate

Mark III
02-10-2016, 09:09 AM
I wonder if there really are people in this country who would say

"the Democrats have super delegates and that is not "fair" so I will vote for Donald Trump or Ted Cruz instead"

Green Arrow
02-10-2016, 09:15 AM
I wonder if there really are people in this country who would say

"the Democrats have super delegates and that is not "fair" so I will vote for Donald Trump or Ted Cruz instead"

Probably no one, that would be dumb.

Common Sense
02-10-2016, 09:18 AM
Probably no one, that would be dumb.

I think we've seen that just because something is really dumb, it doesn't mean it wont happen, but I agree that it's not a factor.