PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 NFL Pick 'em

Captain Obvious
09-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Sorry for the late reply, I'll get these out earlier now that I have a little Excel spreadsheet doing the work. Double check last weeks scores, let me know if you find any errors.

There is a game tomorrow, keep in mind. If you get your picks in after the game starts, it's an automatic forfeit for that one game only - the rest of the unplayed games will still count.

I want to throw this out there for anyone who missed the first week, I'm going to put in 2 bye weeks. If you miss a week, they don't all count as forfeits against your final score. You can pick two weeks out of the year as a "bye".

Here are last weeks results:

Wins

Losses

Win %

Captain Obvious

62.5%

Maincoons

75.0%

Conley

50.0%

Walter

62.5%

Sec

75.0%

This weeks games (remember, just delete the team you're not selecting, leaving only the team that you are picking to win):

Chicago at Green Bay
Kansas City at Buffalo
Cleveland at Cincinnati
Minnesota at Indianapolis
New Orleans at Carolina
Houston at Jacksonville
Oakland at Miami
Arizona at New England
Tampa Bay at NY Giants
Baltimore at Philadelphia
Washington at St Louis
Dallas at Seattle
NY Jets at Pittsburgh
Tennessee at San Diego
Detroit at San Francisco
Denver at Atlanta

Cigar
09-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Da'Bears :)

ELOrocks17
09-13-2012, 11:42 AM
New England will destroy the Cardinals!

Chris
09-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Da'Bears :)

We agree on one thing!! Da Bears.

sec
09-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Sorry for the late reply, I'll get these out earlier now that I have a little Excel spreadsheet doing the work. Double check last weeks scores, let me know if you find any errors.

There is a game tomorrow, keep in mind. If you get your picks in after the game starts, it's an automatic forfeit for that one game only - the rest of the unplayed games will still count.

I want to throw this out there for anyone who missed the first week, I'm going to put in 2 bye weeks. If you miss a week, they don't all count as forfeits against your final score. You can pick two weeks out of the year as a "bye".

Here are last weeks results:

Wins

Losses

Win %

Captain Obvious

62.5%

Maincoons

75.0%

Conley

50.0%

Walter

62.5%

Sec

75.0%

This weeks games (remember, just delete the team you're not selecting, leaving only the team that you are picking to win):

Green Bay
Buffalo
Cleveland good lord will this game suck
Minnesota
New Orleans
Houston
Oakland another snoozer of a game
New England
NY Giants
Philadelphia- call me crazy but the eagles have something to prove
Washington they are dangerous this year because RG3 has made them believe in themselves
Dallas
Pittsburgh
San Diego
San Francisco
Denver

75% will be tough to continue but I'll try

Captain Obvious
09-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Get yer picks in.

Green Bay
Kansas City
Cincinnati
Indianapolis
New Orleans
Houston
Oakland
New England
NY Giants
Philadelphia
Washington
Dallas
Pittsburgh
San Diego
San Francisco
Denver

Conley
09-13-2012, 07:05 PM
I like GB tonight...will get the rest of my picks in later if thats ok? gotta run for a few

Conley
09-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Dang I really laid a steamin turd last week :laugh:

I think we're gonna have to let people pick right up until sunday right? and if they dont make a thurs pick then they miss just that one game. it'll take a while to get used to a thurs game every week.

when i put up my picks i'll include tonight so its easier to put in the spreadsheet

sec
09-13-2012, 09:22 PM
my picks are inside my post in the quoted section

Cigar
09-13-2012, 09:34 PM
Bears Suck!

sec
09-14-2012, 09:44 AM
I'm going against the talking heads

I just don't see the love over Luck. He played in the PAC 12 for cryin out loud. This is his trial by fire and he's going to get happy feet after taking a few more hits. The SEC would have spit him out much like the NFL will do.

RG3 is the real deal and I'll say even better than Newton as a new comer.

sec
09-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Bears Suck!

look on the bright side, you could be a Miami fan.

Conley
09-15-2012, 11:39 PM
look on the bright side, you could be a Miami fan.

Yeah, but I'd rather be a Miami fan than a Cleveland fan. Being a Browns fan is like eating a shit sundae with an Art Modell dingleberry on top in a Baltimore Raven SB championship commemorative cup.

Captain Obvious
09-15-2012, 11:43 PM
Yeah, but I'd rather be a Miami fan than a Cleveland fan. Being a Browns fan is like eating a shit sundae with an Art Modell dingleberry on top in a Baltimore Raven SB championship commerrative cup.

Did you hear that story a month or so ago? An investor in the Steelers bought the stains franchise but had to sell most of his Steeler investment, some NFL reg or another.

Mark Madden, an outspoken Pittsburgh sports guy said "that's like trading a small diamond for a huge pile of shit".

Conley
09-15-2012, 11:44 PM
Did you hear that story a month or so ago? An investor in the Steelers bought the stains franchise but had to sell most of his Steeler investment, some NFL reg or another.

Mark Madden, an outspoken Pittsburgh sports guy said "that's like trading a small diamond for a huge pile of shit".

Haha, no I didn't hear that but that's hilarious. I guess the Steelers really do own them now. :undecided:

Conley
09-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Here are my picks , just under the wire:

Green Bay (already picked on Thurs)
Buffalo
Cincinnati
Minnesota
New Orleans
Houston
Oakland
New England
NY Giants
Philadelphia
Washington
Dallas
Pittsburgh
San Diego
San Francisco
Atlanta

Conley
09-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Peyton looking shaky tonight...Denver D is keeping them in the game.

Captain Obvious
09-17-2012, 09:11 PM
He looked pretty fucking good last week.

I screwed the pooch this week on picks, but I'm not shedding a tear that the Iggles beat the rats.

Conley
09-17-2012, 09:13 PM
I really didn't think he looked that great against the Stillers...I mean mentally he looked awesome, dont get me wrong, but his passes looked kind of wobbly and weak to me. I think the "real" manning at least for now while he continues rehabbing is somewhere in between. I think he's better than average but definitely less than he was. He was already declining before the 4 neck surgeries too at least by the numbers

Captain Obvious
09-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Manning made our D look like shit, and Pittsburgh's D is still top 5 probably.

Regardless of what the bedshitters in Pittsburgh are saying.

I see Rivers had a pretty good outing this week.

Conley
09-17-2012, 09:28 PM
aww f these refs!

you guys had a few out on d including harrison and the guy with the blood disease who can't plany in denver...i agree when healthy and in pitt your d is beastly.

weird that denver had your number last year too

yeah rivers has been ok but against two piss poor teams...i think it will be a struggle against atl next week

MMC
09-19-2012, 10:47 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/WashingtonPost/Content/Blogs/early-lead/Images/Bears_Packers_Football_09888.jpg?uuid=2totGgHDEeKy YDL0qNubfg

‘‘I think I had my composure, and I think I had my composure the whole game,’’ Cutler said. ‘‘We got beat. We got beat by a good football team. Offensively it starts with me, so I’ve got to play better, and it trickles down. It started early on in that game, and it never got better.....snip~

While several former and current players have thrown barbs Cutler’s way since the game Thursday, maybe the most telling comment came from Packers defensive back Charles Woodson, who said on ESPN: ‘‘We understand that Jay is excited about his new weapons, but it’s the same old Jay. We don’t need luck; Jay will throw us the ball.’’.....snip~

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/15231444-606/jay-cutler-regrets-bumping-webb-but-fine-with-confronting-him.html

Week One: 7-9

Week Two: 10 for 6.

Will be lookin forward to getting back in Cap. :wink:

Jack Fate
09-20-2012, 07:32 AM
Upset of the week.......Minnesota Vikings over San Francisco 49ers.....24-20

MMC
09-20-2012, 08:15 AM
Did Cap get week 3 up yet. Tonight is the Panthers and I can't remember who the other team is. As I havent looked any of that up.

How ya been Mr Fate? Good to see ya again.

Yeah I couldn't help but to throw that pic up of Cutler. <snicker> I may be a Bears Fan. Just Not a Cutler Fan.