PDA

View Full Version : 52 Dead In Mexican Prison Riot

Mark III
02-11-2016, 01:32 PM
MONTERREY, Mexico (AP) — A brutal fight between rival factions killed 52 inmates and injured 12 at a prison in northern Mexico on Thursday, the state governor said.
Nuevo Leon Gov. Jaime Rodriguez said there were no reported escapes and the battle, which sent flames billowing into the pre-dawn sky, didn't involve guns.
The country's deadliest prison riot in many years broke out just six days before Pope Francis is scheduled to visit another Mexican prison, in the border city of Ciudad Juarez in Chihuahua state.

Mark III
02-11-2016, 01:33 PM
Hand to hand combat, 52 dead. That must have been something.

Mark III
02-11-2016, 01:34 PM
Rodriguez said at a news conference that the clash involved a faction led by a member of the infamous Zetas drug cartel, Juan Pedro Zaldivar Farias, also known as Z-27.

The Zetas once nearly controlled the area around Monterrey, and Zaldivar Farias was a suspect in the 2010 shooting death of American David Hartley on Falcon Lake, which makes up part of the border between Mexico and Texas. Hartley was reportedly shot while touring the reservoir with his wife on jet skis.
The governor said the fight broke out between supports of Zaldivar Farias and Jorge Ivan Hernandez Cantu, who has been identified by local news media as a member of the rival Gulf cartel.

Private Pickle
02-11-2016, 01:40 PM
Hand to hand combat, 52 dead. That must have been something.

What makes you think it was hand to hand?

Mark III
02-11-2016, 01:58 PM
What makes you think it was hand to hand?

the battle, which sent flames billowing into the pre-dawn sky, didn't involve guns.

Private Pickle
02-11-2016, 02:01 PM
the battle, which sent flames billowing into the pre-dawn sky, didn't involve guns.

I'm sure that's what the governor said yes... I asked you what made you think that... If it's the governor's word then just say so...

valley ranch
02-11-2016, 02:01 PM
Not much of a description, those killed could have been fire bombed while still in lock up by those who were honor role or kitchen workers.
Or those killed could have been just the ones arrested to make their relatives pay bail.

If only 8 or 10 had died it might not have been mentioned.

It doesn't sound like a fight that happened out in the yard.

A fire, sounds like people in lock up throwing paper and such down from all three tiers into a pile between tiers in a unit or units.

Mark III
02-11-2016, 02:07 PM
I'm sure that's what the governor said yes... I asked you what made you think that... If it's the governor's word then just say so...

The Associated Press news story made me think that. Do you have a point?

Mark III
02-11-2016, 02:08 PM
Not much of a description, those killed could have been fire bombed while still in lock up by those who were honor role or kitchen workers.
Or those killed could have been just the ones arrested to make their relatives pay bail.

If only 8 or 10 had died it might not have been mentioned.

It doesn't sound like a fight that happened out in the yard.

A fire, sounds like people in lock up throwing paper and such down from all three tiers into a pile between tires in a unit or units.

The story says it was a fight. I don't know why you would want to imagine alternative scenarios.

nathanbforrest45
02-11-2016, 02:11 PM
This is entirely the fault of the Bush Administration and continued by the rhetoric of Donald Trump. If only they had let these poor misunderstood Mexican lads emigrate to the United States this never would have happened.

Private Pickle
02-11-2016, 04:18 PM
The Associated Press news story made me think that. Do you have a point?

Yes. Don't believe everything you read.

waltky
04-20-2016, 03:30 PM
9 killed in Mexico over $460 debt...
:shocked:
Mayor: Slaying of 9 at Mexican drug house was over $460 debt
Apr 20,`16 -- The violent slayings of nine men at a drug house in northern Mexico were motived by a debt of about $460, officials said Wednesday.

The weekend killings in the Apodaca suburb of the northern city of Monterrey shocked area residents. The victims were bound, and two appeared to have been stabbed while the other seven were strangled. Apodaca Mayor Oscar Cantu was briefed on the investigation Wednesday by state prosecutor Roberto Flores. "It had to do with drug consumption," Cantu said. "It was a very small debt these people had. It is a very shocking thing."

Cantu said one man survived the attack over the weekend and has provided investigators with key information. The man survived by playing dead. The fact that he survived was not previously acknowledged in an effort to protect his security. Two suspects have been arrested in the killings.

Nuevo Leon state Gov. Jaime Rodriguez Calderon said Sunday that the initial investigation suggested the house was used for drug consumption. The house where the killing occurred was the scene of another crime in 2014, when a 17-year-old stabbed his father to death as he fought with the young man's mother.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/L/LT_MEXICO_VIOLENCE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-04-20-16-15-44