PDA

View Full Version : tPF Really wanna know why people are voting for Trump?

Private Pickle
02-12-2016, 06:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3ttxGMQOrY

Common Sense
02-12-2016, 06:43 PM
I can understand their frustration. Trump wont be able to keep jobs in the US or create new ones unless he gets rid of tax breaks for companies moving production overseas.

This is a man who has a clothing line (real swanky stuff) that's made in China.

Common
02-12-2016, 06:47 PM
I dont know why people are voting for trump, all I know is everyone I talk to is for trump and that includes some democrats I know.

I worked in the computer store all day and people were coming in and out all day. One guy said to me who you voting for and I beat around the bush he said Ive been a democrat all my life and Im voting for trump. I said really, why. Him and his wife both said that if we vote for a democrat the national language will be spanish in 10 yrs. So I said its the illegal immigration thing thats making you change and they both said emphatically yes. Ive been hearing this ALOT lately.

Green Arrow
02-12-2016, 06:48 PM
Trump The Hypocrite: Investing Overseas Fine for Him (http://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2015/08/17/trump-the-hypocrite-investing-overseas-fine-for-him/#5e811e7a936b)

Donald Trump’s hypocrisy on trade: he outsources and invests globally, but doesn’t want Ford to do the same? (https://www.aei.org/publication/donald-trumps-hypocrisy-on-trade-he-outsources-and-invests-globally-but-doesnt-want-ford-to-do-the-same/)

Common Sense
02-12-2016, 06:49 PM
I dont know why people are voting for trump, all I know is everyone I talk to is for trump and that includes some democrats I know.

I worked in the computer store all day and people were coming in and out all day. One guy said to me who you voting for and I beat around the bush he said Ive been a democrat all my life and Im voting for trump. I said really, why. Him and his wife both said that if we vote for a democrat the national language will be spanish in 10 yrs. So I said its the illegal immigration thing thats making you change and they both said emphatically yes. Ive been hearing this ALOT lately.

Fear, founded or unfounded, is a powerful motivator.

Mark III
02-12-2016, 07:09 PM

There are more Mexicans leaving the U.S. than coming in.

sachem
02-12-2016, 07:10 PM
They are doing it to piss me off.

Private Pickle
02-12-2016, 07:28 PM
So companies don't get tax breaks for outsourcing...they just are not subjected to the oppressive corporate taxation we have here in the States... Trump is a smart business man for investing overseas... While that doesn't qualify him to be President, it stems to reason that Trump knows exactly how to incent companies to stay here....most likely starting with his own...

Mac-7
02-12-2016, 07:28 PM
Trump The Hypocrite: Investing Overseas Fine for Him (http://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2015/08/17/trump-the-hypocrite-investing-overseas-fine-for-him/#5e811e7a936b)

Donald Trump’s hypocrisy on trade: he outsources and invests globally, but doesn’t want Ford to do the same? (https://www.aei.org/publication/donald-trumps-hypocrisy-on-trade-he-outsources-and-invests-globally-but-doesnt-want-ford-to-do-the-same/)

I was going to insult you cause you deserve it for posting a bullshit article like this.

But I'll point out that Carrier is close a US factory and putting Americans out of jobs.

whereas Trump is merely adding to and expanding his business overseas.

you should be ashamed of yourself for posting crap like this

Private Pickle
02-12-2016, 07:29 PM

Link?

Mark III
02-12-2016, 07:33 PM
Link?

Take your pick

Study: More Mexicans leaving US than entering - Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/20/more-mexicans-leaving-us-than-entering-study-says.html)www.foxnews.com/.../20/more-mexicans-leaving-us-than-entering-study...[/URL]
Nov 20, 2015 · SAN DIEGO – More Mexicans are leaving than moving into the United States, reversing the flow of a half-century of mass migration, according to a study ...

More Mexicans leave than enter USA in historic shift (https://www.bing.com/search?q=more+mexicans+leaving+than+entering&PC=U316&FORM=CHROMN#)www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/11/19/mexicans-returning...
Nov 19, 2015 · More Mexicans leave than enter USA in historic shift. After four decades of mass migration to the U.S., more Mexicans are now returning home.

[URL="http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/20/us/more-mexican-immigrants-leaving-us-than-entering-report-finds.html?smtyp=cur"]More Mexican Immigrants Leaving U.S. Than Entering… (https://www.bing.com/search?q=more+mexicans+leaving+than+entering&PC=U316&FORM=CHROMN#)www.nytimes.com/2015/11/20/us/more-mexican-immigrants-leaving-us...
Nov 19, 2015 · More immigrants from Mexico are leaving the United States than coming into the country, according to a report published Thursday by the Pew …

Mac-7
02-12-2016, 07:37 PM
Link?

Its a liberal amnesty loving estimate.

Mac-7
02-12-2016, 07:37 PM
Take your pick

Study: More Mexicans leaving US than entering - Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/20/more-mexicans-leaving-us-than-entering-study-says.html)

www.foxnews.com/.../20/more-mexicans-leaving-us-than-entering-study...
Nov 20, 2015 · SAN DIEGO – More Mexicans are leaving than moving into the United States, reversing the flow of a half-century of mass migration, according to a study ...

More Mexicans leave than enter USA in historic shift (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/11/19/mexicans-returning-home-migration-shift-united-states/76013230/)

www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/11/19/mexicans-returning...
Nov 19, 2015 · More Mexicans leave than enter USA in historic shift. After four decades of mass migration to the U.S., more Mexicans are now returning home.

More Mexican Immigrants Leaving U.S. Than Entering… (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/20/us/more-mexican-immigrants-leaving-us-than-entering-report-finds.html?smtyp=cur)

www.nytimes.com/2015/11/20/us/more-mexican-immigrants-leaving-us...
Nov 19, 2015 · More immigrants from Mexico are leaving the United States than coming into the country, according to a report published Thursday by the Pew …

Studies?

Right

Mark III
02-12-2016, 07:40 PM
Studies?

Right

Yes, we should all believe Alex Jones instead of Pew. Right?

Private Pickle
02-12-2016, 07:43 PM
Take your pick

Study: More Mexicans leaving US than entering - Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/20/more-mexicans-leaving-us-than-entering-study-says.html)

www.foxnews.com/.../20/more-mexicans-leaving-us-than-entering-study...

More Mexicans leave than enter USA in historic shift (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/11/19/mexicans-returning-home-migration-shift-united-states/76013230/)

www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/11/19/mexicans-returning...

More Mexican Immigrants Leaving U.S. Than Entering… (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/20/us/more-mexican-immigrants-leaving-us-than-entering-report-finds.html?smtyp=cur)

www.nytimes.com/2015/11/20/us/more-mexican-immigrants-leaving-us...

Thanks. According to the USA Today article it's due to the recession...

Private Pickle
02-12-2016, 07:44 PM
Its a liberal amnesty loving estimate.

If you say so...

Common
02-12-2016, 07:48 PM
Fear, founded or unfounded, is a powerful motivator.

I believe its very well founded and anyone who denies what illegal ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION has done not only to the united states but look at europe.

All the lefts BULLSHIT about how they help the economy and blah blah is bogus hyper partisan crap.
They are murdering us financially and along with that they break our fuckin laws everyday. Let an american try that.

I dont buy one iota of the lefts BS on illegal immigration

Common
02-12-2016, 07:50 PM
If you say so...

Just the thousands of illegals incarcerated for crimes and all the illegals in our schools at 8 to 20 grand a year and paying for their medical care is murdering us

Common Sense
02-12-2016, 07:50 PM
I believe its very well founded and anyone who denies what illegal ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION has done not only to the united states but look at europe.

All the lefts BULLSHIT about how they help the economy and blah blah is bogus hyper partisan crap.
They are murdering us financially and along with that they break our fuckin laws everyday. Let an american try that.

I dont buy one iota of the lefts BS on illegal immigration

Can you at least admit that it's not the crisis that some on the right paint it as?

It's an issue, but it's not the issue that Trump makes it out to be.

Private Pickle
02-12-2016, 07:59 PM
Just the thousands of illegals incarcerated for crimes and all the illegals in our schools at 8 to 20 grand a year and paying for their medical care is murdering us

I'm all for deporting them.

Crepitus
02-12-2016, 08:03 PM
So companies don't get tax breaks for outsourcing...they just are not subjected to the oppressive corporate taxation we have here in the States... Trump is a smart business man for investing overseas... While that doesn't qualify him to be President, it stems to reason that Trump knows exactly how to incent companies to stay here....most likely starting with his own...

Taxation is a drop in the bucket compared to.the labor saving from outsourcing to a place like China. That is the real reason for it. The tax thing is a red herring.

Green Arrow
02-12-2016, 08:04 PM
I was going to insult you cause you deserve it for posting a bullshit article like this.

But I'll point out that Carrier is close a US factory and putting Americans out of jobs.

whereas Trump is merely adding to and expanding his business overseas.

you should be ashamed of yourself for posting crap like this

So fiery tonight, Mac. Did I strike a nerve?

Private Pickle
02-12-2016, 08:06 PM
Taxation is a drop in the bucket compared to.the labor saving from outsourcing to a place like China. That is the real reason for it. The tax thing is a red herring.

Disagreed.

Mac-7
02-12-2016, 08:18 PM
So fiery tonight, Mac. Did I strike a nerve?

I hate dishonest posts and yours meets that description

Green Arrow
02-12-2016, 08:20 PM
I hate dishonest posts and yours meets that description

I don't think so.

Mac-7
02-12-2016, 08:28 PM
I don't think so.

There is a difference between foreign investment and outsourcing

Which I give you credit for enough intelligence to understand

so you must be being dishonest

Peter1469
02-12-2016, 08:53 PM
People like Trump because he is running as a populist and people are fed up with the Establishment.

Mac-7
02-13-2016, 10:15 AM
People like Trump because he is running as a populist and people are fed up with the Establishment.

Populist is just a label that means different things to different people

Trump as the right agenda on immigrstion and trade which is his version of populism

From those two issues flow a lot of conservative values

But lately trump has been WAY off message

pragmatic
02-13-2016, 10:59 AM

Agree.

But "they" really aren't thinking through the potential results/outcome if Trump actually became President. It would be a disaster.

Mac-7
02-13-2016, 11:10 AM
Agree.

But "they" really aren't thinking through the potential results/outcome if Trump actually became President. It would be a disaster.

Since trump supporters are so lost why don't you explain it to us?

pragmatic
02-13-2016, 11:12 AM
Since trump supporters are so lost why don't you explain it to us?

Please be more specific.

Chris
02-13-2016, 11:16 AM
Frustration. People have come to believe the government can solve their problems and are frustrated that the government creates more problems, so they seek in populists like Trump and Sanders even bigger government. Trump says he will make us all winners, he will make us happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhYJS80MgYA

The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it.

P. J. O'Rourke

Ransom
02-13-2016, 11:36 AM
I can understand their frustration. Trump wont be able to keep jobs in the US or create new ones unless he gets rid of tax breaks for companies moving production overseas.

This is a man who has a clothing line (real swanky stuff) that's made in China.

Rather than campaign donations from for the candidate you're voting for, CS?

oops

Ransom
02-13-2016, 11:39 AM

But, fed up concerning what? Is it being let down on social issues or policies abroad? Or a more singular focus... like on the immigration crisis?

Mac-7
02-13-2016, 11:56 AM
Please be more specific.

I was asking you why trump would be a disaster

Mac-7
02-13-2016, 11:58 AM
But, fed up concerning what? Is it being let down on social issues or policies abroad? Or a more singular focus... like on the immigration crisis?

Immigration and loss of jobs to foreign countries are very important issues to many voters

Ransom
02-13-2016, 03:42 PM
Immigration and loss of jobs to foreign countries are very important issues to many voters

I believe some anti establishment jumped on his campaign, I truly believe the border issue is Trump's strength.

MisterVeritis
02-13-2016, 04:09 PM
Let's get Trump's Wall built so they cannot change their minds. Then let's help the rest of them leave.

MisterVeritis
02-13-2016, 04:15 PM
Please help me think through the potential results/outcome when Trump becomes president? What do you see to be the downside to building Trump's Wall on our southern border? What is the downside to removing 11-30 million illegal aliens? What is the downside to deporting the hundreds of thousand of so-called refugees? What is the downside to greatly simplifying the tax code?

Please help me to see the disaster as you see it.

Peter1469
02-13-2016, 04:38 PM
Agree.

Maybe not. If he goes to Congress with a Let's Make Plenty of Deals game he could get a lot done.

pragmatic
02-19-2016, 11:09 AM
Please help me think through the potential results/outcome when Trump becomes president? What do you see to be the downside to building Trump's Wall on our southern border? What is the downside to removing 11-30 million illegal aliens? What is the downside to deporting the hundreds of thousand of so-called refugees? What is the downside to greatly simplifying the tax code?

Please help me to see the disaster as you see it.

A thousand mile wall will never be built. The project would never be funded or supported.

11 million people are not going to be rounded up and deported. They are not just statistics. Each one of those people has their own story and details. Our society would never allow such a broad/generic plan to be implemented.

Trump can't just magically will millions of jobs to return to America from overseas.

The egomaniac fellow just boasts and brays in platitudes. He is fabricating outcomes that will never happen. Like a half drunk guy in a bar telling his buddies, "If I was the f*cking President here is what i would do!!". And they all cheer along cuz it sounds so cool.

MisterVeritis
02-19-2016, 02:51 PM
A thousand mile wall will never be built. The project would never be funded or supported.

11 million people are not going to be rounded up and deported. They are not just statistics. Each one of those people has their own story and details. Our society would never allow such a broad/generic plan to be implemented.

Trump can't just magically will millions of jobs to return to America from overseas.

The egomaniac fellow just boasts and brays in platitudes. He is fabricating outcomes that will never happen. Like a half drunk guy in a bar telling his buddies, "If I was the f*cking President here is what i would do!!". And they all cheer along cuz it sounds so cool.
I have already marked you down as undecided.

Did you notice that you failed to answer my reasonable questions?

You will be one of those who sits around wondering what happened.

Cigar
02-19-2016, 02:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3ttxGMQOrY

F'cking Heartless Bastards

MisterVeritis
02-19-2016, 02:54 PM
F'cking Heartless $#@!s
Do you refer to the Congress or the dozens of regulatory agencies who churn out the enormous numbers of job-killing regulations?

pragmatic
02-19-2016, 05:09 PM
I have already marked you down as undecided.

Did you notice that you failed to answer my reasonable questions?

You will be one of those who sits around wondering what happened.

Which question did I miss? The "tax code" one?

Trump has little or no authority to change anything in the tax code. It's Congress. And trying to unravel that spaghetti mess is going to be neither quick nor pretty. Somebody in Congress will be fighting for every line.

MisterVeritis
02-19-2016, 06:02 PM
Which question did I miss? The "tax code" one?

Trump has little or no authority to change anything in the tax code. It's Congress. And trying to unravel that spaghetti mess is going to be neither quick nor pretty. Somebody in Congress will be fighting for every line.
Allow me to enumerate:

1) What do you see to be the downside to building Trump's Wall on our southern border?
2) What is the downside to removing 11-30 million illegal aliens?
3) What is the downside to deporting the hundreds of thousand of so-called refugees?
4) What is the downside to greatly simplifying the tax code?

What are the downsides?

You did not answer a single question.

Mac-7
02-19-2016, 07:08 PM

I think enough Americans are disgusted by the invasion from mexico to elect trump and if that happens dont bet the rent money against the wall.

btw it not a wall like the one around the vatican

in some places it may be a double or tripple fence designed to slow down the wetbacks till the US Cavalry can arrive to shoo them back to the Mexican side.

Over long stretches of desert we may have only electronic and video surveilance.