PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: President Obama sends his Apologies!

Cigar
09-13-2012, 06:42 AM
Obama send Drones, Marines and Warships

The U.S. dispatched an elite group of Marines to Tripoli on Wednesday following a mob attack that killed the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans.

President Barack Obama vowed in a Rose Garden address that the U.S. would "work with the Libyan government to bring to justice" those who killed Ambassador Chris Stevens, information manager Sean Smith and two other Americans who were not identified. Three other Americans were wounded.

Stevens was the first U.S. ambassador killed in the line of duty in 30 years.

In a show of force, the Pentagon moved two warships to the Libyan coast.

Officials said one destroyer, the USS Laboon, moved to a position off the coast Wednesday, and the destroyer USS McFaul was en route and should be stationed off the coast within days, increasing the number of Navy destroyers in the Mediterranean from four to five.

Officials said the ships, which carry Tomahawk cruise missiles, do not have a specific mission. But they give commanders flexibility to respond to any mission ordered by the president.

"We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, but there is absolutely no justification for this type of senseless violence. None," said Obama, who also ordered increased security at U.S. diplomatic posts abroad.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120913/NATION/209130397#ixzz26LhfBzH0

Please excuse our mess after we leave ... :laugh:

Mainecoons
09-13-2012, 07:32 AM
Ever heard, "Closing the barn door after the horse has run away" Cigar?

Maybe if Barry went to a few more intelligence briefings, he would be on top of his job.

Naw.

:rofl:

Smartmouthwoman
09-13-2012, 07:51 AM
Exactly, MC. Why weren't Marines guarding that embassy, Cigar? Did Obama not realize 9/11 could put Americans in the ME in harms way?

Too late to impress anybody now. His coddling of our enemies is what got Mr. Stevens (and 3 other Americans) killed. Nothing he can do will change that.

You must be so proud.

Cigar
09-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Hummmm ... don't do a Romney and Shoot--First :)

If you'll do a little research ... you'll know that our embassies are only guarded by 10 or 12 Marines and the rest of the security is local.

Smartmouthwoman
09-13-2012, 08:01 AM

If you'll do a little research ... you'll know that our embassies are only guarded by 10 or 12 Marines and the rest of the security is local.

You're the one who needs to do a little research... the embassy in Libya had NO MARINE guards and was only protected by a handful of Libyan 'security personnel.'

Say thanks to Barack Obama for leaving Mr. Stevens and his team unprotected.

Mister D
09-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Why not? Shouldn't it be the Arab Summer by now? They are all western style democrats now. :wink:

Trinnity
09-13-2012, 08:06 AM
He's a weak potus and they know it.

Agravan
09-13-2012, 08:10 AM

There is no local government. Libya is currently ruled by no one. Different warlords controls different parts of the country. If President Dipshit had attended his briefings he would have known this. But he was too busy playing golf, partying and campaigning to worry about the lives of personnel he put at risk by helping to get rid of Qadaffi.

Trinnity
09-13-2012, 08:18 AM
If President Dipshit had attended his briefings he would have known this.

Why is Obama skipping more than half of his daily intelligence meetings?
(http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-is-obama-skipping-more-than-half-of-his-daily-intelligence-meetings/2012/09/10/6624afe8-fb49-11e1-b153-218509a954e1_story.html)

Cigar
09-13-2012, 08:24 AM
You're the one who needs to do a little research... the embassy in Libya had NO MARINE guards and was only protected by a handful of Libyan 'security personnel.'

Say thanks to Barack Obama for leaving Mr. Stevens and his team unprotected.

Shooting-First again ... :)

Marines are posted at the American Embassy in Tripoli, not the Benghazi consulate, staffed by State Department security officers. You see; American Embassies are fortified buildings housing official documents ... the Benghazi consulate wasn't a fortified building with bullet prof glass. It's a place for citizens to go for Visa's and receive consul ... thus called The Consulate.

Look it up ... :)

Take your time ... chew slowly ... then swallow ... maybe wash it down with some water. :)

Cigar
09-13-2012, 08:26 AM
There is no local government. Libya is currently ruled by no one. Different warlords controls different parts of the country. If President Dipshit had attended his briefings he would have known this. But he was too busy playing golf, partying and campaigning to worry about the lives of personnel he put at risk by helping to get rid of Qadaffi.

Dipshit = http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/MittromneyFinalRemark.jpg

This Man will never see the inside of the Oval Office ... unless he's on a Tour :)

Smartmouthwoman
09-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Shooting-First again ... :)

Marines are posted at the American Embassy in Tripoli, not the Benghazi consulate, staffed by State Department security officers. You see; American Embassies are fortified buildings housing official documents ... the Benghazi consulate wasn't a fortified building with bullet prof glass. It's a place for citizens to go for Visa's and receive consul ... thus called The Consulate.

Look it up ... :)

Take your time ... chew slowly ... then swallow ... maybe wash it down with some water. :)

I'm the one who told you there were no Marines guarding the facility, remember?

A simple 'thanks for keeping me from looking stupider than I am' would suffice.

Irishman
09-13-2012, 08:35 AM
Dipshit = http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/MittromneyFinalRemark.jpg

This Man will never see the inside of the Oval Office ... unless he's on a Tour :)

You got a real hard on for Romney, huh? You go to bed beating off to pictures of him? Your obsession is very telling.

Don't worry, your secret is safe with me. :wink:

Mister D
09-13-2012, 08:36 AM
Cigar got jungle fever! :afro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNbM781v7M0

Cigar
09-13-2012, 08:37 AM
You got a real hard on for Romney, huh? You go to bed beating off to pictures of him? Your obsession is very telling.

Don't worry, your secret is safe with me. :wink:

I guessing that was suppose to be funny.

I'll give you one Ha ... please try again.

Canadianeye
09-13-2012, 09:11 AM
The Commander In Chief is an absolute disgrace. No foresight, missing intel briefings, numerous verified warnings about this with supported intel. I'm sure that the Incompetent One will now try to Fast and Furious this latest executive failure.

Surprised that our resident forum monkey hasn't blamed Bush yet.

Cigar
09-13-2012, 09:17 AM
I'm guessing most people on this Forum have never see or been to a Foreign Consulate.

That explain some of the responses.

patrickt
09-13-2012, 09:35 AM
He's not closing the ban door after the horse is gone. The marines going to Libya are to save President Obama's sorry ass. He wouldn't send marines to save Americans.

Goldie Locks
09-13-2012, 09:41 AM
He's not closing the ban door after the horse is gone. The marines going to Libya are to save President Obama's sorry ass. He wouldn't send marines to save Americans.

You got that right. The American's there are already dead because of him. Barry took out our ally's there and helped promote and agreed with the Arab Spring. Now we've got Libya, Egypt and Yemen all attacking our Embassy's. The radical Islamist's are all in control there now. Welcome the United States of Islam and rule by radicals and Sharia Law.

Smartmouthwoman
09-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Nobody in the Obama Administration will use the term ISLAMIC TERRORISTS because they're afraid of hurting somebody's feelings. But burning the American flag and killing Americans who are supposed to be on protected ground in US Embassies is OK because it's only disturbing to Americans... not his Muslim friends.

Wonder where the wuss-in-chief is campaigning today? I gave up on following his schedule... it's just one long fundraising tour from now until Nov 6th.

Goldie Locks
09-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Nobody in the Obama Administration will use the term ISLAMIC TERRORISTS because they're afraid of hurting somebody's feelings. But burning the American flag and killing Americans who are supposed to be on protected ground in US Embassies is OK because it's only disturbing to Americans... not his Muslim friends.

Wonder where the wuss-in-chief is campaigning today? I gave up on following his schedule... it's just one long fundraising tour from now until Nov 6th.

It was an act of war IMHO.

Smartmouthwoman
09-13-2012, 10:34 AM
It was an act of war IMHO.

After listening to Hillary, I wondered if she'd been SOS when Hitler was in power, would she have tried to tell us the nazi's weren't really part of the German govt? When did govts stop being responsible for the actions of their citizens... when Obama was elected?

Irishman
09-13-2012, 11:04 AM
I guessing that was suppose to be funny.

I'll give you one Ha ... please try again.

No, no joke. I saw the same thing with Bush. Liberals had a sick obsession with him that often funneled into hate. Eventually we just started calling it Bush Derangement Syndrome.

Cigar
09-13-2012, 11:09 AM
No, no joke. I saw the same thing with Bush. Liberals had a sick obsession with him that often funneled into hate. Eventually we just started calling it Bush Derangement Syndrome.

Give me a call when you see Obama on the Flight Deck in a Jumpsuit.

Agravan
09-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Bush earned the right to wear a flightsuit. He was a fighter pilot. What has obama done? obama is too anti-American, weak and cowardly to ever dream of serving.

shaarona
09-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Ever heard, "Closing the barn door after the horse has run away" Cigar?

Maybe if Barry went to a few more intelligence briefings, he would be on top of his job.

Naw.

Will you be resentful if the job gets done?

Cigar
09-13-2012, 11:36 AM

No ... they will say the President is taking credit.

BooHoo
09-13-2012, 11:40 AM
He's a weak potus and they know it.

This!!!

Jack Fate
09-13-2012, 11:42 AM

When Obama took office Egypt was an ally. Fail.