PDA

View Full Version : Could America be split into two or more countries successfully?

donttread
02-15-2016, 06:19 PM
A sort of planned succession if you will. And how might we be split into more like minded groups? One way to do this would be rural and urban but that just doesn't work well on the map unless we broke into a large number of new countries.

We could send all the neocons to one half of the part of the county and the ultra libs to another and those of who are sane to Vermont or NH

Thoughts?

Cigar
02-15-2016, 06:34 PM
I'll go where ever the F'ck I want to go, and after clearing some snow today, maybe a quick trip to Arizona :laugh:

Peter1469
02-15-2016, 06:35 PM
No.

Bring back federalism.

Ravens Fan
02-15-2016, 06:38 PM
Vermont and NH are too damn cold!

domer76
02-15-2016, 07:14 PM
A sort of planned succession if you will. And how might we be split into more like minded groups? One way to do this would be rural and urban but that just doesn't work well on the map unless we broke into a large number of new countries.

We could send all the neocons to one half of the part of the county and the ultra libs to another and those of who are sane to Vermont or NH

Thoughts?

Joke thread

zelmo1234
02-15-2016, 07:18 PM
The States need to take bake the rights given to them under the Constitution.

The Federal government should go back to delivering the mail and protecting the nation. It could be 20% of what it is today and that states could do what they are supposed to do.

So my plan would be for 50 independent states that are bound loosely by a constitution and occasionally work together for the common good.

donttread
02-15-2016, 09:31 PM
The States need to take bake the rights given to them under the Constitution.

The Federal government should go back to delivering the mail and protecting the nation. It could be 20% of what it is today and that states could do what they are supposed to do.

So my plan would be for 50 independent states that are bound loosely by a constitution and occasionally work together for the common good.

That is certainly the ideal.

donttread
02-15-2016, 09:37 PM
Joke thread

Hardly. While suggesting any sort of succession is a drastic measure , we have become so polorized as to have virtually become non-functional as a nation. I prefer Zelmo's idea but if we can't make that happen this is another alternative.

domer76
02-15-2016, 09:41 PM
Hardly. While suggesting any sort of succession is a drastic measure , we have become so polorized as to have virtually non-functional as a nation. I prefer Zelmo's idea but if we can't make that happen this is another alternative.

Really? Proposing that the country be spilt in two and proposing it as a serious topic?

Fuck Oh Dear

Peter1469
02-15-2016, 09:50 PM
Really? Proposing that the country be spilt in two and proposing it as a serious topic?

Fuck Oh Dear

Control yourself, please.

Doublejack
02-15-2016, 10:14 PM
First off the word you're looking for is secession, and no your scenario is not possible.

Yes it's a joke thread and everyone is now dumber for reading it.