PDA

View Full Version : Gadhafi's Son and 3 Generals ask for Asylum in Niger

Conley
09-13-2011, 08:46 PM
NIAMEY, Niger — A son of Moammar Gadhafi and three of his generals were trying to gain political asylum Wednesday in this poor, landlocked nation at Libya's feet, after a more than 1,000-mile (1,600-kilometer) drive across the vast desert that separates the two countries for what could be their only shot at refuge.

The generals are trying to pave the way for other Gadhafi supporters to follow, but one regime loyalist doubted that Gadhafi himself ever will, saying he would be comfortable enough living in the Sahara to stay there indefinitely.

"I know the Guide well, and what people don't realize is that he could last in the desert for years," Aghaly Alambo said, referring to Gadhafi. "He didn't need to create a hiding place. He likes the simple life, under a tent, sitting on the sand, drinking camel's milk. His advantage is that this was already his preferred lifestyle."

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/sep/13/gadhafis-son-3-generals-in-niger-ask-for-asylum/?ap

I still think it's a strong possibility Gadhafi himself ends up here. Of course if his whereabouts are known after all this is over and he is right next door, the powers that want him dead could easily do so.

Conley
09-13-2011, 08:47 PM
"He likes the simple life, under a tent, sitting on the sand, drinking camel's milk. His advantage is that this was already his preferred lifestyle."

:D

The bullchit is strong with this one.

MMC
09-14-2011, 04:16 AM
"He likes the simple life, under a tent, sitting on the sand, drinking camel's milk. His advantage is that this was already his preferred lifestyle."

I would say so.....cuz once he got the money notice how that life style changed. Still that is not to say he might be able to go back to such a lifestyle. I just doubt he would do so at 70 some yrs of age.

Plus we know his daughter was given asylum in Algeria.

Mister D
09-14-2011, 07:38 AM
Niger said they wouldn't receive him earlier.

Conley
09-14-2011, 08:10 AM

True, but they can change their minds. Pakistan wasn't going to take OBL either ;)

MMC
09-14-2011, 08:26 AM
Plus we already know that the little Country by the Corner of Niger said they will give him Asylum.

Maybe he will head for Egypt and look for the Book of the Dead.....it's about the only Army he can count on now.

Conley
09-14-2011, 08:28 AM

I would say so.....cuz once he got the money notice how that life style changed. Still that is not to say he might be able to go back to such a lifestyle. I just doubt he would do so at 70 some yrs of age.

It is easier to go from rags to riches than vice versa though ;)

Looking at his photos the man does enjoy the finer things in life. :D

MMC
09-14-2011, 08:54 AM

It is easier to go from rags to riches than vice versa though ;)

Looking at his photos the man does enjoy the finer things in life. :D

I mean come on.....how many other leaders wear a Purple Pimp Suit. With Gangsta Shades and gives speeches without ever removing those Shades from his eyes.

wingrider
09-14-2011, 08:57 AM
LOL mmc.. that was good

Mister D
09-14-2011, 09:16 AM

True, but they can change their minds. Pakistan wasn't going to take OBL either ;)

True dat.

What an unfortunate name for an African country. :-\

MMC
09-14-2011, 09:18 AM
LOL mmc.. that was good

http://i.imgur.com/O9uiK.jpg

CL put up some of that song Qadhafi sings.....you know the one. I Get BY With A Little Help From My Friends. O0 >:D