PDA

View Full Version : tPF Frustrated female Senators say Hillary a victim of sexism

Peter1469
02-17-2016, 05:49 AM
As the democratic voter base turns on Hillary, frustrated female senators know why: sexism (http://thehill.com/news/senate/269341-frustrated-female-senators-say-clinton-is-victim-of-sexism).

We heard this when Obama was selected over Hillary. We are hearing it again now that Sanders is giving her a run for her money. I wonder if they really think this, or whether it is just a political ploy to rally the base.

Women serving in the Senate say Hillary Clinton is being subjected to an unfair, sexist double standard on the campaign trail.

Criticisms of Clinton’s tone of voice have become prominent in recent weeks, stirring strong feelings among Senate Democratic women who say they too have had to battle the stereotype of the shrill female.

“She’s often judged by a double standard,” said Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.), the dean of the Senate women.

“Many of we women feel that there’s a double standard. What’s being said about Hillary is what women have heard for centuries. You’re too loud, you’re too aggressive, you’re too pushy. Why do you want the vote?”

Senate Democratic women have raised their concerns about the public treatment of Clinton in private conversations with their colleagues, with lawmakers keeping close watch on her primary battle with Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).
“There are many Senate men that feel the same way. It’s an equal opportunity for frustration. When are we going to start talking about ideas?” Mikulski said.

Female lawmakers were particularly galled by recent statements by Washington Post columnist Bob Woodward, one of the nation’s most respected journalists, characterizing Clinton’s tone as “screaming.”

As to that last point, Woodward is correct. She does scream. It gets to be intolerable to listen too. Palin had the same problem.

Read more at the link.

Matty
02-17-2016, 07:43 AM
Yes, she does. And she barks too. She needs to stop her war on Republicans, stop playing the blame game, stop playing the race card, trying to divide. That dog thing, barking at Republucans, made her look foolish!

Cigar
02-17-2016, 08:06 AM
Wow, I need to get my News from the Right to find out what the Left is doing ... :laugh:

donttread
02-17-2016, 08:09 AM
As the democratic voter base turns on Hillary, frustrated female senators know why: sexism (http://thehill.com/news/senate/269341-frustrated-female-senators-say-clinton-is-victim-of-sexism).

We heard this when Obama was selected over Hillary. We are hearing it again now that Sanders is giving her a run for her money. I wonder if they really think this, or whether it is just a political ploy to rally the base.

As to that last point, Woodward is correct. She does scream. It gets to be intolerable to listen too. Palin had the same problem.

Read more at the link.

Just an attempt by Hilary supporters to manipulate the same women they pretend to speak for. BTW, didn't the DNC and MSM kill Howard Dean's campaign a few years back because he shouted a little? He should of thought of calling his attackers sexist

Adelaide
02-17-2016, 09:08 AM
There is sexism, but nothing special that I think is really impacting the race. Clinton is going to have a hard time with Sanders because of problems she created for herself (emails/server, for example).

Cigar
02-17-2016, 09:11 AM
At the end of the day, in November, Democrats will Vote for a Democrat and Republicans will Vote for a Republican.

Period!

del
02-17-2016, 09:13 AM
At the end of the day, in November, Democrats will Vote for a Democrat and Republicans will Vote for a Republican.

Period!

and independents will be the deciders

bajisima
02-17-2016, 09:57 AM

Period!

Unless Sanders wins the popular vote and Clinton wins the delegates. Millenials are going to go nuts. They will refuse to support Clinton if that happens.

Cthulhu
02-17-2016, 03:22 PM
There is sexism, but nothing special that I think is really impacting the race. Clinton is going to have a hard time with Sanders because of problems she created for herself (emails/server, for example).
The fact that she is ghastly looking and has a dreadful voice probably isn't helping though.

That or the litany of scandals she is mired in.

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.

Cigar
02-17-2016, 03:24 PM
Unless Sanders wins the popular vote and Clinton wins the delegates. Millennial are going to go nuts. They will refuse to support Clinton if that happens.

Funny ... it was a Millennial who told me about who's going to Vote for whom :laugh:

I guess you forget to interview them all.

donttread
02-17-2016, 07:25 PM

Not to mention she's as Washington insider " as they come

texan
02-17-2016, 07:29 PM

Read more at the link.

Must be that time of the month.

Tahuyaman
02-17-2016, 07:45 PM

Read more at the link.

She is difficult to listen to.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NJxmpTMGhU0

donttread
02-17-2016, 08:29 PM

Period!

And the nation will lose yet another election

birddog
02-17-2016, 09:18 PM
I would think it would be difficult for a Lesbian like Hillary to charge sexism, but she has no shame so it's understandable.

TrueBlue
02-17-2016, 09:58 PM
Unless Sanders wins the popular vote and Clinton wins the delegates. Millenials are going to go nuts. They will refuse to support Clinton if that happens.
And if they do that, Millennials will be screwing themselves Big Time since a Republican president would only kick them all in the rear end and forget about them after they give him their vote by de facto. They stand to lose all that a Democratic president could offer them in order to get ahead in life that a Republican never would. That's something Millennials had better consider very carefully!

TrueBlue
02-17-2016, 10:05 PM
All of which have proven to be Much Ado About Nothing.

bajisima
02-18-2016, 09:29 AM
And if they do that, Millennials will be screwing themselves Big Time since a Republican president would only kick them all in the rear end and forget about them after they give him their vote by de facto. They stand to lose all that a Democratic president could offer them in order to get ahead in life that a Republican never would. That's something Millennials had better consider very carefully!

But think back to 2008, remember the college kids went nuts for Obama? Imagine telling them in Sep 2008 that Hillary got the delegates even though Obama won the vote? They would have torn the colleges down, and we would have had McCain as president. Kids are very focused on their candidate and they wouldn't have gone along with that. They wont this time either if Sanders makes it a close election. The only way they might change their minds is if Clinton wins the nom quickly.