PDA

View Full Version : tPF Which is the party of Change?

zelmo1234
02-18-2016, 07:21 PM
This really is to show that politics in the USA is beyond repair, in my opinion. We have drawn our lines in the sand? And refuse to cross them. So lets take a look at what voters think are the top issues and see what our parties think. Then lets take a good look at the results of those actions would be, if any.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/importance_of_issues

#1 It is the economy Stupid.

Republicans: Tax Cuts and deregulation? Democrats: Tax increases and stimulus spending

Will either one of these really create a robust economy?

#2 Job Creation?

Republicans: Stop Illegal immigration and tax cuts Democrats: Infrastructure spending

Is this really going to pull us out of this funk?

#3 Healthcare?

Republicans: Repeal the ACA and go back to nothing.
Democrats: Keep the ACA and continue to watch prices rise

Sound Good to anyone here?

#4 Government Spending

Republicans: Slow down the rate of increased spending Democrats: Send all you want and tax the rich a little bit?

Either one of these have a chance of turning the insolvency ship around.

#5 Education?

Republicans: Vouchers and personal responsibility Democrats: Common Core and more spending.

This one I actually support the GOP on but will listen to why it will not work from others.

I will let others take over from here starting the SS which is 6 on the list.

But I think we should all start really looking at how we can get together to change the path rather than stay on the same one that is failing.

Peter1469
02-18-2016, 07:47 PM
The leadership of both parties want the same thing: increased control over all of our lives. They use petty politics to trick groups into voting for them- but the goal is the same.

donttread
02-18-2016, 08:09 PM
This really is to show that politics in the USA is beyond repair, in my opinion. We have drawn our lines in the sand? And refuse to cross them. So lets take a look at what voters think are the top issues and see what our parties think. Then lets take a good look at the results of those actions would be, if any.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/importance_of_issues

Republicans: Tax Cuts and deregulation? Democrats: Tax increases and stimulus spending

#2 Job Creation?

Republicans: Stop Illegal immigration and tax cuts Democrats: Infrastructure spending

#3 Healthcare?

#4 Government Spending

Republicans: Slow down the rate of increased spending Democrats: Send all you want and tax the rich a little bit?

#5 Education?

Republicans: Vouchers and personal responsibility Democrats: Common Core and more spending.

This one I actually support the GOP on but will listen to why it will not work from others.

But I think we should all start really looking at how we can get together to change the path rather than stay on the same one that is failing.

The Greens, The LP and other third parties would be the only parties of change because the "unholy two" are due and owing to corporate America, special interest and the political sub-agendas within their own party.
Vote mainstream and you will simply extend and make worse Bushbama

zelmo1234
02-18-2016, 08:14 PM
The Greens, The LP and other third parties would be the only parties of change because the "unholy two" are due and owing to corporate America, special interest and the political sub-agendas within their own party.

Amen Brother? Amen!!!1

Tahuyaman
02-18-2016, 08:24 PM
Which is the party of Change?
we just experienced 7+ years of "hope and change". What were people hoping for and what has changed?

Democrats always run on the mantra of change. What do they propose to realize this change they keep running on?

Green Arrow
02-18-2016, 11:02 PM
Both really if Cruz and Sanders get the nominations.

zelmo1234
02-19-2016, 12:35 AM
Both really if Cruz and Sanders get the nominations.

You might just be correct. But in think that common enemies in the establishment would gang up against them to keep everything the same.

I hope that I am wrong.

Mac-7
02-19-2016, 04:23 AM

#2 Job Creation?

#3 Healthcare?

#4 Government Spending

#5 Education?

Ok I give up.

Tell us what the answer is since you think both parties are all wet.

oh wait.

recently you wrote that someday you plan to take your money and flee America.

Is that still your plan?

zelmo1234
02-19-2016, 04:35 AM
Ok I give up.

Tell us what the answer is since you think both parties are all wet.

oh wait.

recently you wrote that someday you plan to take your money and flee America.

Is that still your plan?

I plan on supporting the candidate that I think will change it for the better, While you are contented with the status quo if that is all that is available.

As you can see you choose to take a shot at me and my family rather that admit that your precious establishment is no different than that of the Democrats establishment.

And Yes like a lot of others people that have worked hard for what they have, I will not let the establishment seize it from me to give to a government that is no longer of, by and for the people. I don't see it as leaving the country, the country is leaving me.

Mac-7
02-19-2016, 04:56 AM
I plan on supporting the candidate that I think will change it for the better, While you are contented with the status quo if that is all that is available.

As you can see you choose to take a shot at me and my family rather that admit that your precious establishment is no different than that of the Democrats establishment.

And Yes like a lot of others people that have worked hard for what they have, I will not let the establishment seize it from me to give to a government that is no longer of, by and for the people. I don't see it as leaving the country, the country is leaving me.

So, you have your bugout bag packed and your moneybelt stuffed in preparation for the great day?

How patriotic of you.

zelmo1234
02-19-2016, 05:12 AM
So, you have your bugout bag packed and your moneybelt stuffed in preparation for the great day?

How patriotic of you.

Yes facing the Establishment parties and giving 50% of my wealth to the government upon my death, is double taxation. And I am not willing to take that money from my family, that could use it to continue my business or start one of their own. Which would employ people and help support a thriving community.

Once the Government seizes the money it will not be used for anything other than paying for the insane spending of the establishment of both parties.

Supporting the people that preform these unconstitutional acts, is not patriotism. it is Despotism. And you are not a patriot for supporting those that do not respect the constitution.

But if it works for you? That is why we have a free country. Just remember that the more you support the status quo, the more wealthy people are going to bug out. over 4000 of then did it in 2014 That number will likely be higher in 2015. The wealth distribution that you support is not something that any constitutionalist can support.

zelmo1234
02-19-2016, 05:15 AM
what those that favor the establishment and have told themselves that the Democrat Establishment is different from the Republican establishment don't see is for people that renounce their citizenship? They don't have to give up staying in the USA. They just move their money and legal place of residence to another country where travel to the USA is not restricted. They still live hear nearly 100% of the time.

Common
02-19-2016, 05:40 AM
I know you want me to hail republicans here zelmo but I cannot. I cant hail democrats either because I believe neither party is the party of change or for change they are the parties of the status quo.

The republican party spends all its efforts on taking entitlements from the poor and working class and giving tax cuts to the pigs. They have even voted against every bill to help stop outsourcing of americas prosperity

The democrat party spends all its efforts on very special interests, they lie just like republicans. The democrat party does nothing for the middle class and it can be said that Clinton and Obama have hurt the middle class more than any other recent republican president with their Trade Laws.

Neither has done a damn thing about the border. Republicans want Illegals by the million to dilute the work force and keep pay down and the democrats want the votes. THEY BOTH SUCK

midcan5
02-19-2016, 07:33 AM
We were recently in Naples Florida and whenever I hear people complain about taxes, my mind short circuits. Look around it says and wonder. If money had an image it would lots of Naples, meanwhile the infrastructure collapses and the jobs remain unfilled. Where is FDR when you need him?

Common
02-19-2016, 07:39 AM
We were recently in Naples Florida and whenever I hear people complain about taxes, my mind short circuits. Look around it says and wonder. If money had an image it would lots of Naples, meanwhile the infrastructure collapses and the jobs remain unfilled. Where is FDR when you need him?

Where was obama when we needed him, oh he was creating another screw the working person Trade Bill like his hero Bill Clinton. Bill Clinton did more to screw american middle class workers than any other president before him and obama did the identical thing in the same way. RAMMED it down everyones throat while labor and unions pleaded with him not too. The democrat party is the party of special interests and its become blatantly clear

Cigar
02-19-2016, 08:08 AM
Where was obama when we needed him, oh he was creating another screw the working person Trade Bill like his hero Bill Clinton. Bill Clinton did more to screw american middle class workers than any other president before him and obama did the identical thing in the same way. RAMMED it down everyones throat while labor and unions pleaded with him not too. The democrat party is the party of special interests and its become blatantly clear

Fighting The Party of NO ... Starting Inauguration Night January 20th 2009

GOP's Anti-Obama Campaign Started Night Of InaugurationAs President Barack Obama was celebrating his inauguration at various balls, top Republican lawmakers and strategists were conjuring up ways to submarine his presidency at a private dinner in Washington.

According to Draper, the guest list that night (which was just over 15 people in total) included Republican Reps. Eric Cantor (Va.), Kevin McCarthy (Calif.), Paul Ryan (Wis.), Pete Sessions (Texas), Jeb Hensarling (Texas), Pete Hoekstra (Mich.) and Dan Lungren (Calif.), along with Republican Sens. Jim DeMint (S.C.), Jon Kyl (Ariz.), Tom Coburn (Okla.), John Ensign (Nev.) and Bob Corker (Tenn.). The non-lawmakers present included Newt Gingrich, several years removed from his presidential campaign, and Frank Luntz, the long-time Republican wordsmith. Notably absent were Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) -- who, Draper writes, had an acrimonious relationship with Luntz.

For several hours in the Caucus Room (a high-end D.C. establishment), the book says they plotted out ways to not just win back political power, but to also put the brakes on Obama's legislative platform.

The dinner lasted nearly four hours. They parted company almost giddily. The Republicans had agreed on a way forward:

Go after Geithner. (And indeed Kyl did, the next day: ‘Would you answer my question rather than dancing around it—please?’)

Show united and unyielding opposition to the president’s economic policies. (Eight days later, Minority Whip Cantor would hold the House Republicans to a unanimous No against Obama’s economic stimulus plan.)

Begin attacking vulnerable Democrats on the airwaves. (The first National Republican Congressional Committee attack ads would run in less than two months.)

Win the spear point of the House in 2010. Jab Obama relentlessly in 2011. Win the White House and the Senate in 2012.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/25/robert-draper-anti-obama-campaign_n_1452899.html

You get exactly what you deserve ... NOTHING :grin: ... and you'll like each Swallow and Beg for More :grin:

donttread
02-19-2016, 09:37 AM
You might just be correct. But in think that common enemies in the establishment would gang up against them to keep everything the same.

I hope that I am wrong.

The DNC has done little to try to hide that Hilary is there anointed one. Her actions once elected will mimic Obama's who's actions mimicked Bush's actions and so on.

Chris
02-19-2016, 09:41 AM
Both are parties of change. They promise to change the government but but change society. And we get short-changed every time.

zelmo1234
02-19-2016, 12:02 PM
I know you want me to hail republicans here zelmo but I cannot. I cant hail democrats either because I believe neither party is the party of change or for change they are the parties of the status quo.

The republican party spends all its efforts on taking entitlements from the poor and working class and giving tax cuts to the pigs. They have even voted against every bill to help stop outsourcing of americas prosperity

The democrat party spends all its efforts on very special interests, they lie just like republicans. The democrat party does nothing for the middle class and it can be said that Clinton and Obama have hurt the middle class more than any other recent republican president with their Trade Laws.

Neither has done a damn thing about the border. Republicans want Illegals by the million to dilute the work force and keep pay down and the democrats want the votes. THEY BOTH SUCK

This is exactly what I was trying to say. Neither party is governing for the people.

zelmo1234
02-19-2016, 12:06 PM

Amen. Give me the tax deductions under FDR and you will not here me complain, bring it back so only about 20% of the population is not participating in the income tax system. Instead of nearly half of the people not contributing to the federal income tax like we have now.

What the left does not realize is that the tax structure in the USA is what is causing companies to off shore production, so they can compete with the imports.

Truth Detector
02-19-2016, 12:06 PM

Yep; we really need the whackjob parties to fix things right?? :biglaugh:

zelmo1234
02-19-2016, 12:09 PM

You forgot that Clinton, actually raised taxes on anyone making over 38K per year and then gave a huge capital gains tax cut to the wealthy.

The point is, these politicians know what the ramifications of their actions are, and yet both sides still move forward.

zelmo1234
02-19-2016, 12:11 PM
Fighting The Party of NO ... Starting Inauguration Night January 20th 2009

GOP's Anti-Obama Campaign Started Night Of Inauguration

As President Barack Obama was celebrating his inauguration at various balls, top Republican lawmakers and strategists were conjuring up ways to submarine his presidency at a private dinner in Washington.

According to Draper, the guest list that night (which was just over 15 people in total) included Republican Reps. Eric Cantor (Va.), Kevin McCarthy (Calif.), Paul Ryan (Wis.), Pete Sessions (Texas), Jeb Hensarling (Texas), Pete Hoekstra (Mich.) and Dan Lungren (Calif.), along with Republican Sens. Jim DeMint (S.C.), Jon Kyl (Ariz.), Tom Coburn (Okla.), John Ensign (Nev.) and Bob Corker (Tenn.). The non-lawmakers present included Newt Gingrich, several years removed from his presidential campaign, and Frank Luntz, the long-time Republican wordsmith. Notably absent were Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) -- who, Draper writes, had an acrimonious relationship with Luntz.

For several hours in the Caucus Room (a high-end D.C. establishment), the book says they plotted out ways to not just win back political power, but to also put the brakes on Obama's legislative platform.

The dinner lasted nearly four hours. They parted company almost giddily. The Republicans had agreed on a way forward:

Go after Geithner. (And indeed Kyl did, the next day: ‘Would you answer my question rather than dancing around it—please?’)

Show united and unyielding opposition to the president’s economic policies. (Eight days later, Minority Whip Cantor would hold the House Republicans to a unanimous No against Obama’s economic stimulus plan.)

Begin attacking vulnerable Democrats on the airwaves. (The first National Republican Congressional Committee attack ads would run in less than two months.)

Win the spear point of the House in 2010. Jab Obama relentlessly in 2011. Win the White House and the Senate in 2012.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/25/robert-draper-anti-obama-campaign_n_1452899.html

You get exactly what you deserve ... NOTHING :grin: ... and you'll like each Swallow and Beg for More :grin:

This is nice but Obama had 2 years where he did not need even one republican vote to pass anything that he wanted including an increase in the minimum wage, Jobs bills, He had full control.

So why did nothing get done? I suggest to you that they did not want it to get done. Both sides!!!

Cigar
02-19-2016, 12:16 PM
This is nice but Obama had 2 years where he did not need even one republican vote to pass anything that he wanted including an increase in the minimum wage, Jobs bills, He had full control.

So why did nothing get done? I suggest to you that they did not want it to get done. Both sides!!!

https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/photo.goodreads.com/hostedimages/1406319125i/10535252.jpg

Dude ....

Google "Debunking the Myth: Obama's Two-Year Supermajority"

Pick anyone of the numerous fact filled articles or you can just search the few dozens I've posted on this Forums

Truth Detector
02-19-2016, 12:18 PM

#2 Job Creation?

#3 Healthcare?

#4 Government Spending

#5 Education?

#1 It is the economy Stupid. Tax cuts and getting Government off the backs of those who create jobs really do improve the economy. Republicans get this much right. Now they need to support the Fair Tax and dissolution of about 5 Departments and end the act of subsidizing....ANYTHING which will NEVER happen with the Democrats.

#2 Job Creation?Goverment cannot create private sector jobs. It can only get out of the way and stop apassing laws and policies that destroy job creation. Anyone who doesn't believe that massive illegal immigration hurts jobs is a moron.

#3 Healthcare?Here you engage in a massive strawman and false argument. How is it that Republicans want NOTHING? That's a pile of bovine bile. As for HEALTH care; when did insurance create healthier people? It's about personal responsiblity and good habits. DUH=.

#4 Government SpendingRepublicans get it right here; because unless you want to immediately END all Government entitlement spending, spending will continue to increase. The best we can do right now is SLOW it down, something Democrats show little inclination of even considering.

#5 Education?Here you get it WRONG again; Republicans want vouchers and let the States determine their educational needs.....shutting down the Department of Education is a good first step. Democrats want to now take the failure they've created with K through 12 and turn college into the same level of failure.

If you want true change, then start demanding that your representatives support and pass the Fair tax initiative and abolish the current tax code abomination, pass term limits on Congress and ending all subsidies.....PERIOD.

Anything less is pure window dressing and the realm of whiney fools who think a third party is the answer, which it is not.

Truth Detector
02-19-2016, 12:19 PM
The leadership of both parties want the same thing: increased control over all of our lives. They use petty politics to trick groups into voting for them- but the goal is the same.

Wrong. But Washington DC is corrupting and the tax code and lack of term limits contribute to that.

Truth Detector
02-19-2016, 12:21 PM
https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/photo.goodreads.com/hostedimages/1406319125i/10535252.jpg

Dude ....

Pick anyone of the numerous fact filled articles or you can just search the few dozens I've posted on this Forums

YOU, arguing about FACTS? :biglaugh:

Cigar
02-19-2016, 12:21 PM
#1 It is the economy Stupid. May business had never been better.

#2 Job Creation? I've had no problem find good employees

#3 Healthcare? My Healthcare is great

#4 Government Spending You wanted War so pay for it

#5 Education? You hate Teacher so you get what you get

Chris
02-19-2016, 12:22 PM
#1 It is the economy Stupid. Tax cuts and getting Government off the backs of those who create jobs really do improve the economy. Republicans get this much right. Now they need to support the Fair Tax and dissolution of about 5 Departments and end the act of subsidizing....ANYTHING which will NEVER happen with the Democrats.

#2 Job Creation?Goverment cannot create private sector jobs. It can only get out of the way and stop apassing laws and policies that destroy job creation. Anyone who doesn't believe that massive illegal immigration hurts jobs is a moron.

#3 Healthcare?Here you engage in a massive strawman and false argument. How is it that Republicans want NOTHING? That's a pile of bovine bile. As for HEALTH care; when did insurance create healthier people? It's about personal responsiblity and good habits. DUH=.

#4 Government SpendingRepublicans get it right here; because unless you want to immediately END all Government entitlement spending, spending will continue to increase. The best we can do right now is SLOW it down, something Democrats show little inclination of even considering.

#5 Education?Here you get it WRONG again; Republicans want vouchers and let the States determine their educational needs.....shutting down the Department of Education is a good first step. Democrats want to now take the failure they've created with K through 12 and turn college into the same level of failure.

If you want true change, then start demanding that your representatives support and pass the Fair tax initiative and abolish the current tax code abomination, pass term limits on Congress and ending all subsidies.....PERIOD.

Anything less is pure window dressing and the realm of whiney fools who think a third party is the answer, which it is not.

Wonderful well poisoning. Beats actually arguing your declarations.

Cigar
02-19-2016, 12:23 PM
YOU, arguing about FACTS? :biglaugh:

18 Crazy Right-Wing Myths About Obama, Debunked (http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/01/13/debunk-right-wing-obama-myths/)
:grin:

Truth Detector
02-19-2016, 12:23 PM

You remind me of that arrogant putz Obama; every other word is "ME" or "I". Yeah genius, EVERYONE should be doing great because.....wait for it......YOU are.

Truth Detector
02-19-2016, 12:24 PM
Wonderful well poisoning. Beats actually arguing your declarations.

Cry harder Chris; get a bigger box of tissues.

zelmo1234
02-19-2016, 12:24 PM

Dude ....

Really?? ten how did he get the ACA though the Senate? he needed 60 votes and not one republican voted for it???

They has 60 Senators and the majority in the house plus the White House. You can try and deny that all you want, but Obama let his super majority go largely unused.

Now Kennedy died so it was not a full 2 years. but to deny that the time was wasted, is just lying to cover up a President that has done nothing for the poor and minorities

Truth Detector
02-19-2016, 12:25 PM
18 Crazy Right-Wing Myths About Obama, Debunked (http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/01/13/debunk-right-wing-obama-myths/)
:grin:

If you get your talking points from "addictinginfo.org", you're probably a low information leftist voter. :biglaugh:

Cigar
02-19-2016, 12:26 PM
FACTS MATTER:

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/324260_476367429051611_747866110_o.jpg

President Obama was sworn in on January 20, 2009 with just 58 Senators to support hisagenda.

He should have had 59, but Republicans contested Al Franken's election in Minnesota and he didn't get seated for seven months.

The President's cause was helped in April when Pennsylvania's Republican Senator Arlen Specter switched parties.

That gave the President 59 votes - still a vote shy of the super majority.

But one month later, Democratic Senator Byrd of West Virginia was hospitalized and was basically out of commission.

So while the President's number on paper was 59 Senators - he was really working with just 58 Senators.

Then in July, Minnesota Senator Al Franken was finally sworn in, giving President Obama the magic 60 - but only in theory because, Senator Byrd was still out.

In August, Senator Ted Kennedy of Massachusetts died and the number went back down to 59 again until Paul Kirk temporarily filled Kennedy's seat in September.

Any pretense of a super-majority ended on February 4, 2010 when Republican Scott Brown was sworn into the seat Senator Kennedy once held.

Do you see a two-year super-majority?

I didn't think so. :rollseyes:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jennifer-m-granholm/debunking-the-myth-obamas_b_1929863.html

NEXT! :laugh:

Cigar
02-19-2016, 12:27 PM
If you get your talking points from "addictinginfo.org", you're probably a low information leftist voter. :biglaugh:

I have links to Facts ... where is yours? :grin:

zelmo1234
02-19-2016, 12:33 PM

This is just how Stupid those on the left are.

#1 & 2 of course he has no trouble finding employee's and he is paying them less, because there are so many applicants for each job. That is not good for the country it is good for the 1% that the Democrats and Obama pretend to care about. I believe that Cigar is doing work for the Government.

#3 If your health Insurance is great then you are getting ready to get hit with the 40% luxury tax. Most have witnessed their premiums more than double, and their out of pocket is up by more than a third. Those that are forced to use the ACA most were not allowed to keep their old doctors because they don't accept the insurance as a form of payment. Add this to the fact that there are still 25 million uninsured and it will add 10 trillion to the debt in the next 10 years and you can see why it did not change anything Even Obama has admitted that it was not designed to work but to fail.

#4 the wars cost a little over 2 trillion most of which was paid for when Obama took office. and yet he put the nations more than ten trillion in debt on his watch. This is a lie of the left, it is the free shit that they are buying votes with

#5 the teachers in the USA are the highest paid in the world and we spend more on educations than any other nation in the world. It is the system created by Democrats that favors indoctrination and seeks to make sure that the children are not educated.

zelmo1234
02-19-2016, 12:36 PM
I have links to Facts ... where is yours? :grin:

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000 people can't find jobs

http://www.gallup.com/poll/182348/uninsured-rate-dips-first-quarter.aspx 5.2% gain in uninsured and only 19 trillion.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/182348/uninsured-rate-dips-first-quarter.aspx Down over 5K since Obama took office

Shale we continue?

Cigar
02-19-2016, 12:39 PM
http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000 people can't find jobs

http://www.gallup.com/poll/182348/uninsured-rate-dips-first-quarter.aspx 5.2% gain in uninsured and only 19 trillion.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/182348/uninsured-rate-dips-first-quarter.aspx Down over 5K since Obama took office

Shale we continue?

I always hear about these PEOPLE ... are you one of these PEOPLE?

You got any names?

Manufacturing Jobs left long before Obama took office or the Bush debacle

So yea ...we can continue

zelmo1234
02-19-2016, 12:53 PM
I always hear about these PEOPLE ... are you one of these PEOPLE?

You got any names?

Manufacturing Jobs left long before Obama took office or the Bush debacle

So yea ...we can continue>

First I guess you will need to explain why 9 million fewer people are working today that when Obama took office

Next you will need to explain why income is down over 5K since he took office.

And last why did his administration create so many part time jobs. and why did it shed so many part time jobs.

As for GWB, I agree he is part of the problem that changed nothing.