PDA

View Full Version : tPF The Democratic Party is a joke

iustitia
02-19-2016, 11:16 PM
I got bored and took a look at the Democratic Party's website. And... let me just show you.

http://i.imgur.com/ygy3L3I.png

http://i.imgur.com/4b9lqIp.png

By the way, I'm not trying to make a thread where Republicans and Democrats argue over who's more racist. I hate seeing Republicans invoke Lincoln aka Republican Jesus 1.0 (before Reagan aka Republican Jesus 2.0) and the racism of the Democrats as if that earns them brownie points with anyone, just as I hate seeing Democrats invoke the Southern Strategy myth to blame all their racism on Republicans while taking credit for the history of largely Republican civil rights legislation.

My thing is this. You can claim your party to be all about minorities in the here and now, fine whatever. You can divorce yourself from reality and your responsibility for being racist, claim you've turned over a new leaf and had a hand to fixing your past mistakes as a party, fine whatever. But you cannot ridiculously claim falsehoods about your party's history like this. The Democrats, whether or not they're racist now or stopped being racist with the passage of the Civil Rights Act, were absolutely fucking racist from the time of their creation to at minimum the 1960's. Even if the myth about all the racists becoming Republicans were true (it isn't) that still doesn't magically make Democratic history become full of racial equality and understanding.

The Democrats claim they've not only been fighting for the rights of several groups of people - ranging from blacks to women to workers to the elderly - but have been doing so for OVER 200 fucking years. That is an outstandingly horrendous lie. It's such a false claim that the Democrat's own historical timeline of achievements for American's rights starts in 1920! Gee, what about all the good shit Democrats were doing before then throughout the 1800's? I mean, Democrats have been doing good stuff for OVER 200 years, right? Like... uhm... helping blacks, women, seniors and laborers... right? Oh they expanded slavery, instituted segregation, opposed suffrage, and crushed labor unions? Huh.

Republicans are usually historically ignorant and/or misinformed, but Democrats will absolutely lie about anything. The buck never stops with them.

Common
02-20-2016, 06:38 AM
Political Affiliation and cheerleading is 99% for self gain by the participants.

Peter1469
02-20-2016, 07:52 AM
I have said it before. The democratic party is nothing but a loose collection of victim groups. For many of them, the only thing they have in common is that they believe they are victims of something.

donttread
02-20-2016, 09:31 AM
I got bored and took a look at the Democratic Party's website. And... let me just show you.

http://i.imgur.com/ygy3L3I.png

http://i.imgur.com/4b9lqIp.png

By the way, I'm not trying to make a thread where Republicans and Democrats argue over who's more racist. I hate seeing Republicans invoke Lincoln aka Republican Jesus 1.0 (before Reagan aka Republican Jesus 2.0) and the racism of the Democrats as if that earns them brownie points with anyone, just as I hate seeing Democrats invoke the Southern Strategy myth to blame all their racism on Republicans while taking credit for the history of largely Republican civil rights legislation.

My thing is this. You can claim your party to be all about minorities in the here and now, fine whatever. You can divorce yourself from reality and your responsibility for being racist, claim you've turned over a new leaf and had a hand to fixing your past mistakes as a party, fine whatever. But you cannot ridiculously claim falsehoods about your party's history like this. The Democrats, whether or not they're racist now or stopped being racist with the passage of the Civil Rights Act, were absolutely fucking racist from the time of their creation to at minimum the 1960's. Even if the myth about all the racists becoming Republicans were true (it isn't) that still doesn't magically make Democratic history become full of racial equality and understanding.

The Democrats claim they've not only been fighting for the rights of several groups of people - ranging from blacks to women to workers to the elderly - but have been doing so for OVER 200 fucking years. That is an outstandingly horrendous lie. It's such a false claim that the Democrat's own historical timeline of achievements for American's rights starts in 1920! Gee, what about all the good shit Democrats were doing before then throughout the 1800's? I mean, Democrats have been doing good stuff for OVER 200 years, right? Like... uhm... helping blacks, women, seniors and laborers... right? Oh they expanded slavery, instituted segregation, opposed suffrage, and crushed labor unions? Huh.

Republicans are usually historically ignorant and/or misinformed, but Democrats will absolutely lie about anything. The buck never stops with them.

I'm a little shocked that you see them as separate parties still

Chris
02-20-2016, 09:32 AM
Politics is mostly lipsticking pigs.

Truth Detector
02-20-2016, 09:37 AM
Republicans are usually historically ignorant and/or misinformed,

Do you have some examples of this? Or is this another "because you say so?"

but Democrats will absolutely lie about anything. The buck never stops with them.

At least you got this much correct.

Truth Detector
02-20-2016, 09:38 AM
Politics is mostly lipsticking pigs.

Yep; because everyone knows that you can civilly run countries without institutions or political party's right genius boy?

Chris
02-20-2016, 09:42 AM
Yep; because everyone knows that you can civilly run countries without institutions or political party's right genius boy?

What, do you really think the social order, traditions, institutions, culture exist only in the government?

And drop the stupid insults, it makes you look stupid.

Green Arrow
02-20-2016, 10:08 AM

George Washington ran the U.S. just fine without political parties.

Green Arrow
02-20-2016, 10:10 AM
iustitia, the majority of history's greatest classical progressives of the late 1800s and early 1900s, who did the most to fight for the rights and well being of American workers, were either Republican or third party. Very few were Democrats and the reformers faced sone of their greatest opposition from Democrats.

So I agree with what you've said.

Cigar
02-20-2016, 10:13 AM
Change Did Come to America, and More is Coming. :grin:

Chris
02-20-2016, 10:24 AM
Chump change.

PNW
02-21-2016, 06:10 PM

And you didn't bother to check out how much of a joke the republican party is?

zelmo1234
02-21-2016, 06:12 PM
And you didn't bother to check out how much of a joke the republican party is?

I can agree with this, and yet, the American population still believe s that voting for the GOP or the DNC is actually going to change something for the better

Leonthecat
02-21-2016, 06:14 PM
The joke is on you.
The Democratic party is going to sweep the election.

zelmo1234
02-21-2016, 06:15 PM
The joke is on you.

I will take that bet. I see that they have a chance in the Presidential, but they will not take the Senate, or the House, and will lose one more GOV seat.

PNW
02-21-2016, 06:18 PM
The joke is on you.
I think you are correct.
The right has climbed back into their bubble.
Romney in a landslide!

Leonthecat
02-21-2016, 06:21 PM
I will take that bet. I see that they have a chance in the Presidential, but they will not take the Senate, or the House, and will lose one more GOV seat.
Republicants will stay home in droves when Trump is their only choice.
The writing is on the wall .
This was not a bet. It is a certainty.

Green Arrow
02-21-2016, 06:22 PM
The joke is on you.

They might take the presidency and pick up a couple seats in the Senate. Might. But sweep?

No chance.

Leonthecat
02-21-2016, 06:23 PM
They might take the presidency and pick up a couple seats in the Senate. Might. But sweep?

No chance.
The republicants are finished.

silvereyes
02-21-2016, 06:28 PM
Except for the really scary ones that see Chump as a knight in loudmouth armor.

PNW
02-21-2016, 06:31 PM
Except for the really scary ones that see Chump as a knight in loudmouth armor.

The good thing is there really isn't very many of those.

Leonthecat
02-21-2016, 06:34 PM

Trump is our savior.
He is destroying the republicant party.
I love that man.

zelmo1234
02-21-2016, 06:37 PM

Actually I would have said yes to this last week, But with the Supreme Court Justice on the line, even the most conservative will vote for Trump. Add this to the fact that 20% of Democrats like Trump and he is a tuff win, Especially if your candidate is fighting felony charges in court during the election

The death of Scalia Changed Everything. Trump will likely Pick Rubio or Cruz for his running mate? That will help with the Legal Hispanic vote. under these conditions he is a tuff out for the Democrats. Not that it can't be done, It is just a lot tougher with the direction of the court on the line

Dr. Who
02-21-2016, 06:38 PM
Leonthecat TBd at the request of the OP.

zelmo1234
Trump is our savior.
I love that man.

Actually the GOP needed to be destroyed? It had lost it's way and was lying to it's base. Much like the Democrats lie to the minority communities.

silvereyes
I hope its not too late to pray. Ive already crossed my fingers, toes, and other items. ;)

PNW
Trump is our savior.
I love that man.
Well he does get credit for that!
He at least will split the already broken party even more.

silvereyes
02-21-2016, 06:39 PM
Actually the GOP needed to be destroyed? It had lost it's way and was lying to it's base. Much like the Democrats lie to the minority communities.
I think its sad you think minorities cant think for themselves.

Dr. Who
02-21-2016, 07:01 PM
Silvereyes TBd at the request of the OP.

Dr. Who
02-21-2016, 07:04 PM
Cigar thread banned at the request of the OP.

Dr. Who
02-21-2016, 07:07 PM
PNW thread banned at the request of the OP.