PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Obama Plays Defender-in-Chief

Chris
09-14-2012, 08:37 AM
...Speaking to a raucous crowd in a gymnasium at the University of Mary Washington on Thursday afternoon, Michelle Obama directly answered those critics.

"So when people out there ask you what this president has done for our country, when they’re deciding who will keep moving America forward for four more years, here’s what I want you to tell them: I want you to tell them about the millions of jobs Barack has created. Tell them about the health reform he’s passed. Tell them about all those kids who can finally afford college."

She continued with the "tell them" riff, instructing her listeners to explain to their friends and colleagues how Obama ended the war in Iraq and killed Osama bin Laden, how his administration improved benefits for veterans and ended the deportation of young immigrants....
From Michelle Obama Plays Defender-in-Chief (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/09/14/michelle_obama_plays_defender-in-chief_115448.html)

Hold on a minute, Obama hasn't created any jobs and the numbers are disappointing; Obama didn't pass Obamacare and it's a negative tax; Obama didn't make college affordable but is partly responsible for creating the next bubble; he didn't end the war and SEALs killed Obama; he's made promises to veterans he can't legislate and those immigrants are illegals.

Goldie Locks
09-14-2012, 09:28 AM
More people unemployed today then when he took office.
Big tax hikes coming from Ubamacare.
Prescription drugs going threw the roof.
College tuition twice what it was before the government took over student loans.
Wars and Gitmo still going strong.

Oh and the transparency...LOL

Smartmouthwoman
09-14-2012, 09:28 AM
Speaking to a group of kids at the YMCA on Thursday... bet Michelle wished she was someplace else. Looks like she's sliding down that same slope Barack is on, doesn't it?

Kids Question Michelle Obama: Unsure Where President Is, and Where Obamas Will Move If President Loses
9:06 AM, Sep 14, 2012

First Lady Michelle Obama stopped by a Virginia YMCA yesterday where she met with elementary and middle school kids. The kids had tough questions for the first lady, including the whereabouts of the president of the United States. She did not immediately know.

From the pool report:

Asked where he was, she said, “he’s at work,” then asked the adults, “Where is Barack Obama?” She was told he’s in Colorado today.

When asked by a kid where the Obamas would live if President Obama loses, "The First Lady said they could figure that out later," according to the pool report.

Michelle Obama was also asked whether she likes Barack Obama. “I do like Obama, I like him a lot,” Michelle Obama said.

Read more: http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/kids-question-michelle-obama-unsure-where-president-and-where-obamas-will-move-if-president-loses_652327.html

Goldie Locks
09-14-2012, 10:02 AM
Speaking to a group of kids at the YMCA on Thursday... bet Michelle wished she was someplace else. Looks like she's sliding down that same slope Barack is on, doesn't it?

Kids Question Michelle Obama: Unsure Where President Is, and Where Obamas Will Move If President Loses
9:06 AM, Sep 14, 2012

First Lady Michelle Obama stopped by a Virginia YMCA yesterday where she met with elementary and middle school kids. The kids had tough questions for the first lady, including the whereabouts of the president of the United States. She did not immediately know.

From the pool report:

Asked where he was, she said, “he’s at work,” then asked the adults, “Where is Barack Obama?” She was told he’s in Colorado today.

When asked by a kid where the Obamas would live if President Obama loses, "The First Lady said they could figure that out later," according to the pool report.

Michelle Obama was also asked whether she likes Barack Obama. “I do like Obama, I like him a lot,” Michelle Obama said.

Read more: http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/kids-question-michelle-obama-unsure-where-president-and-where-obamas-will-move-if-president-loses_652327.html

Yeah, they may not to move back to their Chicago home...two shooting near that home in the last few weeks.

Smartmouthwoman
09-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Yeah, they may not to move back to their Chicago home...two shooting near that home in the last few weeks.

I heard their Chicago home has 7 bathrooms. Guess they'll have to find a similar palace someplace a little safer.

sec
09-14-2012, 10:30 AM
I heard their Chicago home has 7 bathrooms. Guess they'll have to find a similar palace someplace a little safer.

they need that many because he's so full of sh....

frankly, I could care if they lived in a 80,000 sq foot home, just go back there ASAP

Goldie Locks
09-14-2012, 10:44 AM
Maybe... Venezuela would be a good fit???

Smartmouthwoman
09-14-2012, 11:06 AM
I'm liking Libya as a forwarding address. Give him a little taste of how it felt to be Chris Stevens.

Adelaide
09-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Wait... someone mischaracterized the results of a political candidate's performance in a political campaign? The shock of it all. /sarcasm

Meh. Not a fan of Obama but I'm not going to act all surprised that both his and Romney's teams are playing games to get votes. That is kind of how it works these days. Hopefully people are smart enough to watch different news sources, use Google, or like, read a book or something.

Goldie Locks
09-14-2012, 08:02 PM
Wait... someone mischaracterized the results of a political candidate's performance in a political campaign? The shock of it all. /sarcasm

Meh. Not a fan of Obama but I'm not going to act all surprised that both his and Romney's teams are playing games to get votes. That is kind of how it works these days. Hopefully people are smart enough to watch different news sources, use Google, or like, read a book or something.

Or we can just wait for Ubama to cancel the elections.

Deadwood
09-14-2012, 08:17 PM
From Michelle Obama Plays Defender-in-Chief (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/09/14/michelle_obama_plays_defender-in-chief_115448.html)

Hold on a minute, Obama hasn't created any jobs and the numbers are disappointing; Obama didn't pass Obamacare and it's a negative tax; Obama didn't make college affordable but is partly responsible for creating the next bubble; he didn't end the war and SEALs killed Obama; he's made promises to veterans he can't legislate and those immigrants are illegals.

And he appears to have ignored warnings from inside and out [Canada] of potential Islamic terror actions in advance of the attacks in Egypt and Libya..

We have moved beyond 'High crimes and misdemeanors" and are now into Treason.

Deadwood
09-14-2012, 08:19 PM
I'm liking Libya as a forwarding address. Give him a little taste of how it felt to be Chris Stevens.

ah...from accounts he would enjoy what happened before he was Stephens was murdered.....it would be heaven for him...but I'd feel badly for the Muslims.....Michelle is sooooo ugly

Smartmouthwoman
09-14-2012, 08:20 PM

When someone says they're not a fan of Obama but goes on to bash Romney you can believe they're a fan of Obama.

Adelaide
09-14-2012, 08:35 PM
When someone says they're not a fan of Obama but goes on to bash Romney you can believe they're a fan of Obama.

I bashed both Obama and Romney. Sorry I can't be as partisan as others...

Smartmouthwoman
09-14-2012, 08:41 PM
I bashed both Obama and Romney. Sorry I can't be as partisan as others...

52 days til the election. I'll be voting for Romney/Ryan. Will you be voting or sitting on the sidelines?

Adelaide
09-14-2012, 08:47 PM
52 days til the election. I'll be voting for Romney/Ryan. Will you be voting or sitting on the sidelines?

Couldn't say who I would vote for if I were an American. I really am not impressed with Obama, not a fan of the current batch of Republicans... would probably look outside the major parties if I were an American. Might be a waste of a vote but at least I'd have my integrity.

Goldie Locks
09-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Couldn't say who I would vote for if I were an American. I really am not impressed with Obama, not a fan of the current batch of Republicans... would probably look outside the major parties if I were an American. Might be a waste of a vote but at least I'd have my integrity.

If you are not an American and can't vote??? Who cares?

Adelaide
09-14-2012, 09:16 PM
If you are not an American and can't vote??? Who cares?

I'm not American so my opinion can't matter... typical, and so abject.

Smartmouthwoman
09-14-2012, 09:34 PM
Well, she does have a point, Ad. In Texas we have a saying, "You don't have a dog in this fight" -- which means your opinions don't carry much weight because you've got nothing to lose.

It's good foreigners are interested in American politics. It's when they pretend to be experts the problems arise.

Adelaide
09-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Well, she does have a point, Ad. In Texas we have a saying, "You don't have a dog in this fight" -- which means your opinions don't carry much weight because you've got nothing to lose.

It's good foreigners are interested in American politics. It's when they pretend to be experts the problems arise.

We have a unique opportunity to be more objective. At any rate, we do "have a dog in this fight" considering you're our largest trading partner, our partner in "crime" and one of our closest allies. What the United States does deeply impacts us. It matters quite a bit the future of the United States as it will directly effect our economy, and possibly other areas.

But I get it - "foreigners" shouldn't have opinions on the US. I guess by your logic that means Americans shouldn't have opinions or act like they are experts on any other nation in the world, correct?

Chris
09-15-2012, 07:51 AM

It was more how patently false each claim was, so false Obama won't defend himself, but instead attacks while the wife defends.

Trinnity
09-15-2012, 08:07 AM
So you live in another country, Adelaide. That's great that you're joining us here for discussion and debate. Thank you for that.

Could you say which country you're living in?

IGetItAlready
09-15-2012, 01:27 PM
We have a unique opportunity to be more objective. At any rate, we do "have a dog in this fight" considering you're our largest trading partner, our partner in "crime" and one of our closest allies. What the United States does deeply impacts us. It matters quite a bit the future of the United States as it will directly effect our economy, and possibly other areas.

But I get it - "foreigners" shouldn't have opinions on the US. I guess by your logic that means Americans shouldn't have opinions or act like they are experts on any other nation in the world, correct?

I agree 100% that there are far more than just Americans who have a "dog in this fight".
The decision we make on November 6th WILL affect our allies and enemies alike due to the stark differences in America's future depending on which way we chose to go.
So let me rob you of your 3rd party option for a moment and ask which direction do you feel would most benefit your own nation?

IGetItAlready
09-15-2012, 01:39 PM

...Speaking to a raucous crowd in a gymnasium at the University of Mary Washington on Thursday afternoon, Michelle Obama directly answered those critics.

"So when people out there ask you what this president has done for our country, when they’re deciding who will keep moving America forward for four more years, here’s what I want you to tell them: I want you to tell them about the millions of jobs Barack has created. Tell them about the health reform he’s passed. Tell them about all those kids who can finally afford college."

She continued with the "tell them" riff, instructing her listeners to explain to their friends and colleagues how Obama ended the war in Iraq and killed Osama bin Laden, how his administration improved benefits for veterans and ended the deportation of young immigrants....

Ever notice how often liberals offer their minions the answers to the questions they know conservatives will ask of them?
Honestly, I don't know how any self respecting human being can associate with a political organization who soooo thinks their followers are idiots.
Add to that the compromise of one's own intellect that is clearly expected of the masses when liberals attempt to rationalize the inexplicable with utter bullshit that doesn't even begin to make sense, and I'm quite sure my liberal head would simply explode if I were incapable of wising up and walking away.

Chris
09-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Ever notice how often liberals offer their minions the answers to the questions they know conservatives will ask of them?
Honestly, I don't know how any self respecting human being can associate with a political organization who soooo thinks their followers are idiots.
Add to that the compromise of one's own intellect that is clearly expected of the masses when liberals attempt to rationalize the inexplicable with utter bullshit that doesn't even begin to make sense, and I'm quite sure my liberal head would simply explode if I were incapable of wising up and walking away.

It has to do with liberal moral closed-mindedness:
...But Haidt’s research went one step further, asking self-indentified conservatives to answer those questionnaires as if they were liberals and for liberals to do the opposite. What Haidt found is that conservatives understand liberals’ moral values better than liberals understand where conservatives are coming from. Worse yet, liberals don’t know what they don’t know; they don’t understand how limited their knowledge of conservative values is. If anyone is close-minded here it’s not conservatives.

Haidt has a theory regarding why this is the case, based on the idea that conservatives speak a broader and more encompassing language of six moral values while liberals embrace three of the six in a narrow set of core values....Liberals or Conservatives: Who’s Really Close-Minded? (http://www.american.com/archive/2012/april/liberals-or-conservatives-who2019s-really-close-minded)

IGetItAlready
09-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Very cool.
I also read a study within the past year that found that in high stress situations liberals "become" or answer more conservatively.
Implying that conservatism as a mindset is something of a default mode that kicks in when your ass is on the line.

I'll see if I can find the link. It was a very interesting study.

IGetItAlready
09-15-2012, 02:18 PM
Here it is: Is Conservatism Our Default Ideology? (http://www.psmag.com/politics/is-conservatism-our-default-ideology-40703/)

And here is an attempt to explain the findings: Why Would We Default To Conservatism? (http://www.scienceandreligiontoday.com/2012/04/11/why-would-we-default-to-conservative-views-when-we-cant-give-something-effortful-thought/)

Read closely as initial implications are not what they seem. :wink20:

Chris
09-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Here it is: Is Conservatism Our Default Ideology? (http://www.psmag.com/politics/is-conservatism-our-default-ideology-40703/)

And here is an attempt to explain the findings: Why Would We Default To Conservatism? (http://www.scienceandreligiontoday.com/2012/04/11/why-would-we-default-to-conservative-views-when-we-cant-give-something-effortful-thought/)

Read closely as initial implications are not what they seem. :wink20:

Great find! Conservatism does seem more natural. Thinking, on the part of liberals, can lead to too much thinking.

One caution of course is the definitions these studies use, as I see myself less as the conservative as Eidelman defines it, and more a libertarian conservative.