PDA

View Full Version : tPF If Trump wins the Republican nomination, who should he pick as running mate?

OGIS
02-22-2016, 08:39 PM
Please give your reasons, based on:
(1) the pragmatics of the election, i.e.: who will best help the ticket win?
(2) who will be a good pick for VP (for doing that job, and for being POTUS if Trump dies)?

Also mention the assumption as to the Dem opposition.

Ad hom and the typical conservative horsechit will result in TB

Private Pickle
02-22-2016, 08:43 PM
Deez Nutz!

Peter1469
02-22-2016, 09:12 PM
I am not sure that I could see any of the other republicans seeking the nomination running as Trump's VP.

OGIS
02-22-2016, 09:40 PM
I am not sure that I could see any of the other republicans seeking the nomination running as Trump's VP.

Why not?

Peter1469
02-22-2016, 09:41 PM
Why not?

It may be seen as a bad move for someone who wants to remain in politics. At least as part of the Establishment.

OGIS
02-22-2016, 09:42 PM
It may be seen as a bad move for someone who wants to remain in politics. At least as part of the Establishment.

LOL, seems to me that if Trump wins, there's gonna be a whole new Establishment.

Leonthecat
02-22-2016, 09:50 PM
Michael Bloomberg.
The perfect partnership of two New York Billionaires..
and they will never need a super PAC.

Crepitus
02-22-2016, 11:55 PM
Several sources say Ohio Governor John Kasich, but personally I have no idea. I can't tell which way that nutter will jump next.

zelmo1234
02-23-2016, 12:09 AM
If I was Trump I would nominate Rubio for the Florida Vote, or Kasich for the Ohio Vote.

I would then go further and promise to nominate Cruz to the Supreme Court And Christie at AG.

He then could take the final step and ask Carson to be in charge of building the new USA Healthcare system based on the Free Market.

That team would totally unite the GOP and they still would have 10 to 15% of the Democrats that would support Trump.

PNW
02-23-2016, 07:07 AM
Sara Palin, that way he can sew up the nut bag vote.
He can't win, so why not?

PNW
02-23-2016, 07:07 AM
If I was Trump I would nominate Rubio for the Florida Vote, or Kasich for the Ohio Vote.

I would then go further and promise to nominate Cruz to the Supreme Court And Christie at AG.

He then could take the final step and ask Carson to be in charge of building the new USA Healthcare system based on the Free Market.

That team would totally unite the GOP and they still would have 10 to 15% of the Democrats that would support Trump.

I have to laugh.

Common Sense
02-23-2016, 08:25 AM
Kasich could help him secure Ohio.

But it could also be Carson or even his buddy Ventura.

...but I bet he would like his daughter to be VP.

nathanbforrest45
02-23-2016, 08:43 AM
Why not?

Because

nathanbforrest45
02-23-2016, 08:45 AM
Sara Palin, that way he can sew up the nut bag vote.
He can't win, so why not?

Why can't he win? Are you seriously suggesting an old woman with obvious health issues, with no moral compass is going to beat someone as vibrant as Trump? Get real.

nathanbforrest45
02-23-2016, 08:46 AM
I have to laugh.

Why are liberals always such arrogant twits?

Crepitus
02-23-2016, 09:07 AM
Why are liberals always such arrogant twits?

bajisima
02-23-2016, 09:37 AM
Jon Huntsman. He just came out and said he could support Trump.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/02/huntsman-i-could-support-trump-219660?lo=ap_e1

OGIS
02-23-2016, 09:49 AM

I agree on Rubio or Kasich, as far as sewing up key votes. Don't know much about Kasich, but I don't like the idea of an Empty Suit a heartbeat from the Presidency.

Carson as Medical Czar? Seriously, I question his mental competency. He seems personable and a "nice guy" but I fear he has a bit of senile dementia.

Cruz scares the hell out of me. He is, IMO, a Manchurian Candidate for the Dominionists. I don't want a theocracy, and I don't want him anywhere near the seats of power.

Christie as AG? Might as well nominate John Gotti. Christie would be a poor choice as far as the legalization of cannabis is concerned.

OGIS
02-23-2016, 09:51 AM
Why can't he win? Are you seriously suggesting an old woman with obvious health issues, with no moral compass is going to beat someone as vibrant as Trump? Get real.

Depends. How corrupt and reachable is the electoral process?

OGIS
02-23-2016, 09:53 AM

Why not?

Because

What do you mean?

OGIS
02-23-2016, 09:56 AM
Jon Huntsman. He just came out and said he could support Trump.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/02/huntsman-i-could-support-trump-219660?lo=ap_e1

And THAT is very interesting.

I'll make a prediction right now: If Trump is elected President, he will either be the biggest disaster we as a country have ever been saddled with... or he will go down in history as one of the greatest Presidents to ever hold the office. I don't think there are any in-betweens here.

bajisima
02-23-2016, 10:37 AM
And THAT is very interesting.

I'll make a prediction right now: If Trump is elected President, he will either be the biggest disaster we as a country have ever been saddled with... or he will go down in history as one of the greatest Presidents to ever hold the office. I don't think there are any in-betweens here.

I agree. It was actually a similar thing to Reagan. I was watching a History special about the 1980 campaign and they pointed out the similarities between what was being said about Trump and Reagan. People said they would be "humiliated and shamed if Reagan won," and many said "he was only a B actor and shouldn't have access to nuclear codes." It was quite interesting. I think people feel the same way now about Trump, but it seems to be changing. More people seem to be coming around.

OGIS
02-23-2016, 10:44 AM
I agree. It was actually a similar thing to Reagan. I was watching a History special about the 1980 campaign and they pointed out the similarities between what was being said about Trump and Reagan. People said they would be "humiliated and shamed if Reagan won," and many said "he was only a B actor and shouldn't have access to nuclear codes." It was quite interesting. I think people feel the same way now about Trump, but it seems to be changing. More people seem to be coming around.

As I recall, Reagan's election was a landslide. If more people are coming around to Trump then this election will be a major earthquake.

bajisima
02-23-2016, 02:41 PM
As I recall, Reagan's election was a landslide. If more people are coming around to Trump then this election will be a major earthquake.

Anything is possible and no one even predicted Trump getting this far.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-alexander/is-donald-trump-the-next-_b_9287060.html