PDA

View Full Version : The GOP Propaganda Machine

Crepitus
02-24-2016, 02:23 PM
The GOP propaganda machine has been in full swing the last few years, to the point that 43% of republicans support a military coup (http://www.politicususa.com/2015/09/15/gop-propaganda-succeeds-43-republicans-support-military-coup-america.html) against the government, 29% still believe President Obama is a secret muslim (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/09/14/a-startling-number-of-americans-still-believe-president-obama-is-a-muslim/?postshare=5681442546344769&tid=a_inl) (that's 54% of Trump supporters by the way), while countless right wing conspiracy theorists still believe in things like Jade Helm 15 and FEMA concentration camps and who knows what else.

Ted Nugent said "I told Obama to suck on my machine gun"

Virginia republican leaders called for armed rebellion (http://www.politicususa.com/2013/12/11/virginia-republican-party-incite-assassination-attempt-president-obama.html) in 2012 and the state party chairman said “Obama’s so close to death that Terry McAuliffe is about to buy a life insurance on him, I’m looking forward to taking the gloves off!”

There's also the fact that pretty much all republicans still believe that their party is better at creating jobs and growing the economy, despite all the evidence to the contrary (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/study-economy-grows-faster-under-democratic-presidents-than-republicans/).

Lets look at the Reagan presidency for example. The claim that the tax cuts implemented by that administration created jobs, grew the economy, and increased revenue is pure bunk. The first major income tax cut came in 1981, which slashed the top rate from 70 to 50 percent, and reduced revenue by $208 billion in its first four years. It was the 4 subsequent tax increases that generated the minimal amount of growth and revenue they actually managed during his tenure and he created less jobs than even Jimmy Carter did.

And republican administrations as a whole haven't done much better. Here's a nifty chart:

LINK (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/study-economy-grows-faster-under-democratic-presidents-than-republicans/) to source for chart.

Anyway, this is getting kinda long so I'm ganna wrap it up by asking:

Why do you republicans continue to buy into this stuff?

Oh, BTW: I don't buy into this tPF crap about banning people for having different opinions so FIRE AWAY!

pragmatic
02-24-2016, 03:25 PM
The GOP "propaganda machine" has nothing on the Democrat "propaganda machine".

It's more commonly called "politics".

pragmatic
02-24-2016, 03:30 PM
But on a lighter note.

Q: What do you get when you remove all the vowels from the name of the RNC Party Chair Reince Priebus???

A: RNC PR BS.

(Tip your waitress. Try the veal...!!!)

Crepitus
02-24-2016, 04:13 PM
The GOP "propaganda machine" has nothing on the Democrat "propaganda machine".

It's more commonly called "politics".
Feel free to post some counterpoints.

pragmatic
02-24-2016, 04:46 PM
Feel free to post some counterpoints.

For a pointless "internet link" war? Will pass.

If you presently don't believe that the Democrats play the same propaganda games, then there is no chance I am going to convince you.

texan
02-24-2016, 04:51 PM
The GOP propaganda machine has been in full swing the last few years, to the point that 43% of republicans support a military coup (http://www.politicususa.com/2015/09/15/gop-propaganda-succeeds-43-republicans-support-military-coup-america.html) against the government, 29% still believe President Obama is a secret muslim (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/09/14/a-startling-number-of-americans-still-believe-president-obama-is-a-muslim/?postshare=5681442546344769&tid=a_inl) (that's 54% of Trump supporters by the way), while countless right wing conspiracy theorists still believe in things like Jade Helm 15 and FEMA concentration camps and who knows what else.

Virginia republican leaders called for armed rebellion (http://www.politicususa.com/2013/12/11/virginia-republican-party-incite-assassination-attempt-president-obama.html) in 2012 and the state party chairman said “Obama’s so close to death that Terry McAuliffe is about to buy a life insurance on him, I’m looking forward to taking the gloves off!”

There's also the fact that pretty much all republicans still believe that their party is better at creating jobs and growing the economy, despite all the evidence to the contrary (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/study-economy-grows-faster-under-democratic-presidents-than-republicans/).

Lets look at the Reagan presidency for example. The claim that the tax cuts implemented by that administration created jobs, grew the economy, and increased revenue is pure bunk. The first major income tax cut came in 1981, which slashed the top rate from 70 to 50 percent, and reduced revenue by $208 billion in its first four years. It was the 4 subsequent tax increases that generated the minimal amount of growth and revenue they actually managed during his tenure and he created less jobs than even Jimmy Carter did.

And republican administrations as a whole haven't done much better. Here's a nifty chart:

LINK (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/study-economy-grows-faster-under-democratic-presidents-than-republicans/) to source for chart.

Oh, BTW: I don't buy into this tPF crap about banning people for having different opinions so FIRE AWAY!

Hands down the dumbest Post of the year.

All the way from Politicus Polling (Real Liberal Politics), yeah they are not grinding an axe or feeding kool-aid to the Jim Jones crowd.

Mac-7
02-24-2016, 05:26 PM

That is the only thing I agree with you about

you are not a whimpering, sniveling diaper wearing tPF coward.

you stand there like a real man and take it like a man

good for you

JDubya
02-24-2016, 05:30 PM
Denying that the Republican propaganda machine is a thousand times worse than anything the Democrats could even attempt, is just more Republican propaganda.

Proficiency in spouting propaganda is something you people were born with.

It's part of your genetic makeup and you couldn't stop it or control it if you tried.

Lying, spinning and twisting the truth is like breathing for conservatives.

JDubya
02-24-2016, 05:32 PM

good for you

Nothing Mac-7 loves better than a manly man who takes it like a man.

Mac-7
02-24-2016, 05:34 PM
Nothing Mac-7 loves better than a manly man who takes it like a man.

You must be thinking about perverted sex.

But thats the new liberal culture.

OGIS
02-24-2016, 05:37 PM

good for you

Er... Mac? It's not a matter of bravery or cowardice.
Its a matter of taste.

Mac-7
02-24-2016, 05:43 PM

It is about bedwetting libs who want to control the conversation because they cant deal with dissent

Common Sense
02-24-2016, 05:46 PM
It is about bedwetting libs who want to control the conversation because they cant deal with dissent

There's a difference between dissent and violent rhetoric.

PNW
02-24-2016, 05:58 PM

Why do they buy into it?
Main reason, they are stupid. Your average republican, conservative, tea bagger, "independent" has given up the ability of crtical thinking. The examples are rampent right here on this forum.
They are told something, anything, the more far fetched the better, by their 'trusted' media and they swallow it. It is repeated, over and over and over on all of the 'trusted' media and so, in thier minds....it has to be true,
They simply swallow it whole with no thought what so ever.
Voter ID is a PRIME example.
Immigration is another, Build a wall, does any con understand what that would entail let alone do to freedom?
And then you have the whole saint ronnie raygun thing.
It's amazing.

hanger4
02-24-2016, 06:12 PM
Why do they buy into it?
Main reason, they are stupid. Your average republican, conservative, tea bagger, "independent" has given up the ability of crtical thinking. The examples are rampent right here on this forum.
They are told something, anything, the more far fetched the better, by their 'trusted' media and they swallow it. It is repeated, over and over and over on all of the 'trusted' media and so, in thier minds....it has to be true,
They simply swallow it whole with no thought what so ever.
Immigration is another, Build a wall, does any con understand what that would entail let alone do to freedom?
And then you have the whole saint ronnie raygun thing.
It's amazing.
"Voter ID is a PRIME example" which you run away from discussing. Why is that PNW ??

Green Arrow
02-24-2016, 06:19 PM
IMO, I see the propaganda from both sides as pretty destructive. I'm not going to get into who is worse at it or whatever, that's just childish. They both do it, both propaganda machines are dangerous to the health of the nation, and both need to be shut down.

End of story.

MisterVeritis
02-24-2016, 06:20 PM
Its a matter of taste.
I admit that I laughed.

PNW
02-24-2016, 06:23 PM
"Voter ID is a PRIME example" which you run away from discussing. Why is that @PNW (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1896) ??

My lord you really do live in a state of total state of denial don't you?
I almost feel sorry for you.

Mac-7
02-24-2016, 06:37 PM
There's a difference between dissent and violent rhetoric.

It takes a lot less than "violent rhetoric" to make the tPF crowd pee their pants and demand protection from the mods.

Mac-7
02-24-2016, 06:41 PM

The fence/wall was promised to the voters in 1986 in return for granting amnesty to 3 million immigration cheaters.

we are demanding that government keep its promises and do its job

Peter1469
02-24-2016, 06:41 PM

good for you

Except that isn't the purpose of it....

hanger4
02-24-2016, 06:42 PM
Show the tax.

Show the test.

How hard is that ??

Mac-7
02-24-2016, 06:45 PM

Sez you.

tPF is hand holding for the weak sisters.

PNW
02-24-2016, 06:54 PM
Show the tax.

Show the test.

How hard is that ??

Seriously man you have a problem with this. You KNOW your party is doing it and you won't admit it.
That is not my problem, it's yours.
I will not be a party to you childish ranting and hijacking of threads.
Grow up.

PNW
02-24-2016, 06:55 PM
The fence/wall was promised to the voters in 1986 in return for granting amnesty to 3 million immigration cheaters.

we are demanding that government keep its promises and do its job

LOL!
Thanks for making my point!
Your media OWNS you.

PNW
02-24-2016, 06:57 PM
Still a pussy move.
But it's conservatives that use it the most so....

Matty
02-24-2016, 06:59 PM

Some use it that way though.

hanger4
02-24-2016, 07:04 PM
Still a pussy move.
TrueBlue is a conservative ?? Who knew ?? LOL

hanger4
02-24-2016, 07:13 PM
Seriously man you have a problem with this. You KNOW your party is doing it and you won't admit it.
Grow up.

And you're still running away.

There is no test to obtain a voter ID

There is no tax to obtain a voter ID

Holding a caucus on the Sabbath without absentee ballots or after sundown disenfranchises observant Jews and 7th Day Adventists. Disallowing absentee ballots disenfranchises many others also. Those are facts belonging to the DNC.

Peter1469
02-24-2016, 07:15 PM
Still a pussy move.

You are not much on substance, are you?

Peter1469
02-24-2016, 07:16 PM
Some use it that way though.

True. But the purpose was for completely off topic stuff, trolls, etc.

Crepitus
02-24-2016, 07:29 PM
Ok, the mention of the tPF thing wasn't meant to start a debate.

Crepitus
02-24-2016, 07:34 PM
Those of you who think the republicans aren't working hard at brainwashing their constituents of that the Dems are just as bad please Answer me this: when was the last time a Republican President was accused of being the Antichrist? Or a Muslim terrorist? Was anyone talking about armed insurrection during the last bush presidency? When was the last Republican President to leave office with a good economy? When was the last time a democrat shouted "you lie!" During a Republican state of the union address?

I'll be here waiting, think hard.

Crepitus
02-24-2016, 07:43 PM
For a pointless "internet link" war? Will pass.

If you presently don't believe that the Democrats play the same propaganda games, then there is no chance I am going to convince you.

So basically you got nuthin.

OGIS
02-24-2016, 07:56 PM

Why don't you start a voter ID thread? As a lib who is in favor of voter ID (under closely defined conditions) I'd like to weigh in on that.

OGIS
02-24-2016, 08:10 PM
Grow up.

then stop doing it.

MisterVeritis
02-24-2016, 08:12 PM
Sez you.

tPF is hand holding for the weak sisters.
I don't mind if trueblue and green arrow boot me. I just move on to the next discussion.

MisterVeritis
02-24-2016, 08:19 PM
Those of you who think the republicans aren't working hard at brainwashing their constituents of that the Dems are just as bad please Answer me this: when was the last time a Republican President was accused of being the Antichrist? Or a Muslim terrorist? Was anyone talking about armed insurrection during the last bush presidency? When was the last Republican President to leave office with a good economy? When was the last time a democrat shouted "you lie!" During a Republican state of the union address?

I'll be here waiting, think hard.
LOL:

"Answer me this:
1) when was the last time a Republican President was accused of being the Antichrist?
When was the last time a Republican behave as one might expect an anti-Christ to act?

2) Or a Muslim terrorist?
Again, when one supports IslamoNAZIs in Iran and imports as many Muslims as possible what should one expect?

3) Was anyone talking about armed insurrection during the last bush presidency?
You must admit the Monster in the White House does like to foment as much discontent as possible. I bought weapons based solely on his utterings. It is unfortunate I lost them all when the boat overturned.

4) When was the last Republican President to leave office with a good economy?
When was the last time a Republican President had a Republican Congress?

5) When was the last time a democrat shouted "you lie!" During a Republican state of the union address?
If Obama was not such a pathological liar it would not be necessary. The right thing for the Republicans to do is to stand and leave when the son of a bitch starts lying.

Mark III
02-24-2016, 08:22 PM
LOL:

"Answer me this:
1) when was the last time a Republican President was accused of being the Antichrist?
When was the last time a Republican behave as one might expect an anti-Christ to act?

Again, when one supports IslamoNAZIs in Iran and imports as many Muslims as possible what should one expect?

You must admit the Monster in the White House does like to foment as much discontent as possible. I bought weapons based solely on his utterings. It is unfortunate I lost them all when the boat overturned.

5) When was the last time a democrat shouted "you lie!" During a Republican state of the union address?
If Obama was not such a pathological liar it would not be necessary. The right thing for the Republicans to do is to stand and leave when the son of a $#@! starts lying.

Mister Veritis - good job, you proved Crepitus point quite well, and it didn't even take you much time !

MisterVeritis
02-24-2016, 08:24 PM
Mister Veritis - good job, you proved Crepitus point quite well, and it didn't even take you much time !
Anything for you Mark.

What I have proven is the Monster in the White House gets what he gives.

Mark III
02-24-2016, 08:27 PM
Anything for you Mark.

The president "fomented" discontent , and you ran out and bought guns.

What would you have done if Obama had actually said or done something meaningful that you didnt like. The more you guys talk the nuttier you sound. Which, by the way, is proof the right wing propaganda machine works.

Dr. Who
02-24-2016, 08:44 PM
It takes a lot less than "violent rhetoric" to make the tPF crowd pee their pants and demand protection from the mods.
If people could manage to dial down the self-serving hyperbole and thereby avoid poisoning the well before even embarking on an argument, we probably wouldn't need tPF. Not much discussion happens under enemy fire. Even the notion that people with different political views are enemies is rather ridiculous. The points of departure are not all that great if the totality of political opinions were discussed. Libs and conservatives marry all the time. How does that work?

del
02-24-2016, 08:45 PM
Anything for you Mark.

what you've proven is that you shouldn't be allowed to possess anything sharper than a beach ball

MisterVeritis
02-24-2016, 08:48 PM
The president "fomented" discontent , and you ran out and bought guns.

What would you have done if Obama had actually said or done something meaningful that you didnt like. The more you guys talk the nuttier you sound. Which, by the way, is proof the right wing propaganda machine works.
Every time the Monster implies he is going to try to take my weapons I get another one. Or two. Lots of us do. Weapons manufacturers love the Monster. He sells more weapons to American citizens than they do.
Of course, the weapons manufacturers don't provide weapons to Mexican drug gangs. That is strictly for the Monster and his feckless attorney general. Injustice, anyone?

JDubya
02-24-2016, 09:14 PM
Anything for you Mark.

Every time the Monster implies he is going to try to take my weapons I get another one. Or two. Lots of us do. Weapons manufacturers love the Monster. He sells more weapons to American citizens than they do.
Of course, the weapons manufacturers don't provide weapons to Mexican drug gangs. That is strictly for the Monster and his feckless attorney general. Injustice, anyone?

So first you deny that right-wingers are by far the most prolific propaganda spewers, then you refer to the President as "the Monster".

Ya just can't make this stuff up, folks. :facepalm:

PNW
02-24-2016, 09:16 PM
You are not much on substance, are you?

Do you not understand my statement?
You need more?

As far as substance goes I haven't seen a hell of a lot out you so you haven't much room to talk.

PNW
02-24-2016, 09:20 PM
And two more prime examples of the GOP propaganda machine and how the cons fall for it.
Thanks.

Crepitus
02-24-2016, 10:46 PM
LOL:

"Answer me this:

If Obama was not such a pathological liar it would not be necessary. The right thing for the Republicans to do is to stand and leave when the son of a bitch starts lying.

You are a victim of the RW Noise Machine, you have my sympathies, and being one of the good guys I forgive you for you truly know not what you say.

MisterVeritis
02-25-2016, 01:18 PM
So first you deny that right-wingers are by far the most prolific propaganda spewers, then you refer to the President as "the Monster".

Ya just can't make this stuff up, folks. :facepalm:
Some people are unable to see the Monster. Cool beans. He will find his appropriate place on the ash heap of history.

MisterVeritis
02-25-2016, 01:18 PM
You are a victim of the RW Noise Machine, you have my sympathies, and being one of the good guys I forgive you for you truly know not what you say.
I understand why you have no answers.

MisterVeritis
02-25-2016, 01:20 PM
And two more prime examples of the GOP propaganda machine and how the cons fall for it.
Thanks.
If you knew how to read you would realize my comments flowed from statements the Monster made, not the utterly worthless Establishment Republicans. Perhaps I should not be so hard on the illiterate Left.

domer76
02-25-2016, 01:56 PM
Still a pussy move.

Careful with the "P" word. I've been banned for 24 hours on a couple of occasions when using it to describe tPFers

PNW
02-25-2016, 05:51 PM
Careful with the "P" word. I've been banned for 24 hours on a couple of occasions when using it to describe tPFers

I can't help the truth.

PNW
02-25-2016, 05:52 PM
If you knew how to read you would realize my comments flowed from statements the Monster made, not the utterly worthless Establishment Republicans. Perhaps I should not be so hard on the illiterate Left.

Which you can't back up of course.

Common Sense
02-25-2016, 05:53 PM

It's amazing that a presidential candidate can use the word disparagingly with no repercussion, but we cant use it here.

domer76
02-25-2016, 05:54 PM
I can't help the truth.

That was my response, too.

PNW
02-25-2016, 05:54 PM
It's amazing that a presidential candidate can use the word disparagingly with no repercussion, but we cant use it here.

Aint that the truth!

Peter1469
02-25-2016, 06:30 PM
You can't call members names. The p-word or any other.

MisterVeritis
02-25-2016, 07:23 PM
Which you can't back up of course.

Don't be stupid. No, go ahead. If you wanted to know the truth you would already know the truth.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/12/10/us/gun-sales-terrorism-obama-restrictions.html?_r=0

When the Monster speaks many of us go buy more weapons, and ammunition.

"More guns were sold in December than almost any other month in nearly two decades, continuing a pattern of spikes in sales after terrorist attacks and calls for stricter gun-buying laws, according to federal data released in January.

The heaviest sales last month, driven primarily by handgun sales, followed a call from President Obama to make it harder to buy assault weapons after the terrorist attack in San Bernardino, Calif.

Fear of gun-buying restrictions has been the main driver of spikes in gun sales, far surpassing the effects of mass shootings and terrorist attacks alone, according to an analysis of federal background check data by The New York Times.

During the previous record month, December 2012, Mr. Obama called for new buying restrictions after the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School. “President Obama has actually been the best salesman for firearms,” Brian W. Ruttenbur, an analyst with BB&T Capital Markets, a financial services firm, said last month."

MisterVeritis
02-25-2016, 07:24 PM
Does Trump post here? Amazing!