PDA

View Full Version : GOP elector resigns, says she can't support Romney

Cigar
09-14-2012, 12:00 PM
One of the Republican appointees to the Electoral College abruptly resigned from her post Thursday after publicly questioning whether she would support the party's presidential ticket when casting official votes after the November election.

Melinda Wadsley of Ames, Iowa, told The Associated Press that she could not in good conscience vote for party nominee Mitt Romney. Wadsley was among three electors who had told the AP for a story published Thursday that they were exploring alternatives should Romney win their states.

"I have always been a straight ticket Republican, and for the first time in my life I am an undecided voter, therefore, I need to resign my position as a Republican presidential elector," Wadsley said in an email exchange.

Iowa GOP Chairman A.J. Spiker said in a statement that the state party's central committee would begin the process of selecting a replacement, essentially allowing the party to confirm a die-hard Romney supporter.

Wadsley and others had expressed frustration at how Republican leaders have worked to suppress Paul's conservative movement and his legion of loyal supporters.

"They've never given Ron Paul a fair shot, and I'm disgusted with that. I'd like to show them how disgusted I am," Wadsley had told the AP earlier, saying she was considering withholding her electoral vote from Romney. She is an Iowa mother of three who was selected as a Republican elector earlier this year and said Paul was the better choice.

http://www.nctimes.com/news/national/govt-and-politics/electoral-college-members-may-pass-on-romney/article_9e86efc1-9b67-5275-a398-b19f0ddc36f5.html

Hummm

IGetItAlready
09-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Big deal and you can bet the same media who is ignoring fires and gunshots at American embassy's all over the world while attempting to discredit Romney's strong American leader response will make a big deal of this giant nothing.

Meanwhile they ignored this American political first: WV picks Texas inmate over President Obama in Democratic primary (http://www.whas11.com/news/Texas-inmate-wins-WV-Deomocratic-primary-over-President-Obama-150771285.html)

KC
09-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Ron Paul deserves to have someone take a stand. The RNC and the media had no right to shut him out.

respectfulguest
09-14-2012, 12:17 PM
ok, so what's the point? seems like this lady is more of a Libertarian good for her.

coolwalker
09-14-2012, 02:28 PM
Sounds to me like she drank some of Paul's Kool-Aid and never was for Romney. Just another attempt to derail the candidate. he can handle it.

Chris
09-14-2012, 02:35 PM
The country could use some more of Paul's Kool-Aid.

coolwalker
09-14-2012, 02:42 PM
The country could use some more of Paul's Kool-Aid.

Drink all you want Bubba, you'll just get a stomach ache.

roadmaster
09-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Nothing wrong with being honest. McCain said he was a con and that way wayyyyyyyy off.

Chris
09-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Drink all you want Bubba, you'll just get a stomach ache.

So how's the Statist Romney-aide taste?

Trinnity
09-14-2012, 04:00 PM
I'm a libertarian, and I respect Ron Paul greatly. But job one is getting Obama OUT. I'll be voting for Romney with no qualms at all. This is not the time for getting on one's high horse and handing 4 more to Obama. <pfft>

IGetItAlready
09-14-2012, 04:08 PM
I'm a libertarian, and I respect Ron Paul greatly. But job one is getting Obama OUT. I'll be voting for Romney with no qualms at all. This is not the time for getting on one's high horse and handing 4 more to Obama. <pfft>

No doubt.
I'd love to see a Ron Paul presidency. Just not enough to risk another term for Obama.