PDA

View Full Version : tPF Question for Republicans who support the GOP Senate's current stand on SCOTUS

Green Arrow
02-24-2016, 09:54 PM
Republicans who support the GOP Senate's current stand on President Obama's nominee to serve on SCOTUS:

The reasoning behind this move is that the American people should have a say in who selects the next SCOTUS justice. With that in mind, does that mean you will support the Senate unanimously confirming a Hillary Clinton nominee, should she win the presidency?

Matty
02-24-2016, 09:58 PM
No! I changed it because I support them hearing, not unanimously confirming.

Cigar
02-24-2016, 10:32 PM
Republicans who support the GOP Senate's current stand on President Obama's nominee to serve on SCOTUS:

The reasoning behind this move is that the American people should have a say in who selects the next SCOTUS justice. With that in mind, does that mean you will support the Senate unanimously confirming a Hillary Clinton nominee, should she win the presidency?

Was that a rhetorical question?

The only way it will be fair for Conservatives is if they Win ... Period, or they're taking their ball home and pout.

BYW ... didn't the American people already speak ... twice?

Or do they not count to Conservatives

PNW
02-25-2016, 07:32 AM

I think the main question is "why do you think 'the people' don't have a say now"?

President Obama was elected twice by a large margin....by the people, we have already spoken.
Even if the righties don't like it.

Cigar
02-25-2016, 07:37 AM
I think the main question is "why do you think 'the people' don't have a say now"?

President Obama was elected twice by a large margin....by the people, we have already spoken.

In their world, they are the only people who have a Voice.

All you need to do is read the posts on this forum about Obama Voters being less that Conservative Voters.

zelmo1234
02-25-2016, 07:43 AM

No it is pure politics, If a Democrat nominates the next Justice, then it is likely that the 2nd amendment changes as we know it today.

This is widely opposed by the American people, nearly all of those on the right, the majority of the middle and even some of the left. So it makes it that much harder for the Democrats to win.

That being said, Hillary would likely nominate someone that is much closer to the Senate than Obama, who will nominate an ideologue

Cigar
02-25-2016, 07:51 AM
I'm watching Haley Barbour on Morning Joke talking now about why people are Voting for Trump; he said they are MAD because Government isn't Working.

Well ... The GOP and it's Voters are Gleefully Cheering for Government to NOT WORK regarding appointing a SCOTUS justice. They have been doing this for 7 Years.

So if you're looking for an enemy ... then look in the mirror.

Private Pickle
02-25-2016, 07:58 AM
Love this. Partisan hacks crying about something they would do if the roles were reversed.

Anyone have any popcorn?

Cigar
02-25-2016, 08:27 AM
Love this. Partisan hacks crying about something they would do if the roles were reversed.

Anyone have any popcorn?

Love this. Partisan hacks B!tching about something they have done for several years.

Anyone have any Bourbon?

Private Pickle
02-25-2016, 08:32 AM
Love this. Partisan hacks B!tching about something they have done for several years.

Anyone have any Bourbon?

Well that too. Why are all you libs being so shrill about this when they would and will do the same?

Its a legitimate question.

Safety
02-25-2016, 11:13 AM

Excellent question.

Common Sense
02-25-2016, 11:16 AM
They'll probably say something like..."It's not really tasteful for a president to nominate a Supreme court justice in their first term"...

nathanbforrest45
02-25-2016, 12:44 PM
I support the right of the Senate to take the course of action they are now taking. If Hillary Rodham Rodham wins the election the country will plummet into decay and despair so it won't matter who she appoints.

nathanbforrest45
02-25-2016, 12:44 PM
They'll probably say something like..."It's not really tasteful for a president to nominate a Supreme court justice in their first term"...

Is that what they say in Canada?

Cigar
02-25-2016, 12:50 PM
I support the right of the Senate to take the course of action they are now taking. If Hillary Rodham Rodham wins the election the country will plummet into decay and despair so it won't matter who she appoints.

Gotta Love the Gloom and Doomer consistency :laugh:

Just like the Country plummeted into decay and despair when the Black GOP Killer Won by 9.5 Million Votes the first time and 5 Million Votes the second time.

Peter1469
02-25-2016, 03:59 PM

People also elect senators and representatives, no?

We are a republic; Obama is not a tyrant.

Mac-7
02-25-2016, 04:11 PM

thats not my reasoning though I have heard some repubs say that.

in my case I refuse to replace the most conservative deity on the highest court with anyone less conservative.

zelmo1234
02-25-2016, 04:39 PM

Anyone have any Bourbon?

What have the Republicans blocked that Obama wanted again? I forget?

zelmo1234
02-25-2016, 04:42 PM

If the GOP retains control of the Senate, the Democrats even if they win the WH are not going to get the justice that they want. This person is going to be center, maybe just left of center. That is the way it works. It is why we got stuck with Roberts.

del
02-25-2016, 04:44 PM

it must kill you to admit it.

domer76
02-25-2016, 04:59 PM

Most recently, Secretary of the Army.

PNW
02-25-2016, 05:42 PM
In their world, they are the only people who have a Voice.

All you need to do is read the posts on this forum about Obama Voters being less that Conservative Voters.
I'm ver glad I don't live in their world and I live in the real world instead!

PNW
02-25-2016, 05:43 PM

Look at you, you've stated a true fact!
How's feel? I know your first time can be pretty overwhelming.

Peter1469
02-25-2016, 05:44 PM
it must kill you to admit it.

lol

PNW
02-25-2016, 05:45 PM

I think what you should be asking is "what hasn't the party of NO tried to block?'

MisterVeritis
02-25-2016, 05:48 PM
I'm watching Haley Barbour on Morning Joke talking now about why people are Voting for Trump; he said they are MAD because Government isn't Working.

Well ... The GOP and it's Voters are Gleefully Cheering for Government to NOT WORK regarding appointing a SCOTUS justice. They have been doing this for 7 Years.

So if you're looking for an enemy ... then look in the mirror.
Barbour is lying, of course. Establishment Republicans sold us out. They are traitors. We put the Republicans in office to stop the Monster in the White House, not to fully fund his treachery.

Matty
02-25-2016, 05:49 PM
I think what you should be asking is "what hasn't the party of NO tried to block?'

A sure tell sign you have no answer!

Matty
02-25-2016, 05:50 PM
Hell, if they had blocked a damn thing we would not be another ten trillion in debt!

Cigar
02-26-2016, 08:55 AM

EVERYTHING THEY COULD .... EVERYTHING :grin:

Cigar
02-26-2016, 08:55 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcGPogiUkAA973d.jpg

Mac-7
02-26-2016, 09:02 AM

Everything becomes a racial incident to black people like cigar and obumer

MisterVeritis
02-26-2016, 11:39 AM
I can spot the difference. Barack Hussein O is a lawless, radical Marxist. He also supports Islamofascism. He cannot be trusted. Shut him down.

Truth Detector
02-26-2016, 11:41 AM

Why do you think the Senate is just a rubber stamp for any nominee brought before it???

Truth Detector
02-26-2016, 11:43 AM
BYW ... didn't the American people already speak ... twice?

Or do they not count to Conservatives

Yes they did; once in 2010 and again in 2014 handing Democrats a massive loss of both the house and the Senate and two thirds of State Houses and Governerships.

You and your idiot President still think you're winning. Now THATS damned funny! :biglaugh:

Truth Detector
02-26-2016, 11:45 AM

Yep; they spoke by ensuring the Democratic majorities in the legislature were replaced by Republicans in 2010 and again in 2014...even if the lefties don't like it :biglaugh:

Truth Detector
02-26-2016, 11:48 AM
Excellent question.

Actually it was a dumb question that presumes the Senate and opposition party is just a rubber stamp for the Imperial Presidency.....BUT, only when Republicans control the legislature. When Democrats control it, they can obstruct, demagogue and harrass the appointments by Republicans to their hearts content.

Truth Detector
02-26-2016, 11:51 AM

You mean like this Democrat leader did?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oVvxGa0zhWo

Liberals are the dumbest hypocrites on the planet.

Truth Detector
02-26-2016, 11:53 AM
Gotta Love the Gloom and Doomer consistency :laugh:

Just like the Country plummeted into decay and despair when the Black GOP Killer Won by 9.5 Million Votes the first time and 5 Million Votes the second time.

LMAO @ "black GOP killer." Yep, he did such a great job killing the GOP he handed the house and the senate back to them in four short years and two thirds of state houses and governorships.

:rofl:

MisterVeritis
02-26-2016, 11:56 AM
LMAO @ "black GOP killer." Yep, he did such a great job killing the GOP he handed the house and the senate back to them in four short years and two thirds of state houses and governorships.

:rofl:
I suppose we owe the Black Fuhrer some gratitude. Based on his utterings Americans armed up and the Republicans won big at the local, state and national level.

Truth Detector
02-26-2016, 11:58 AM

Obama doesn't have a Constitutional right to fill a SCOTUS vacancy. He has the DUTY to nominate a replacement which the Senate can then approve or deny. Who's preventing him for doing this?

Where do you Liberals come up with such moronic talking points?

More evidence you're clueless of what the Constitution says and merely parrot DNC talking points you're gullibly fed like a lemming.

Truth Detector
02-26-2016, 12:00 PM
I suppose we owe the Black Fuhrer some gratitude. Based on his uttering Americans armed up and the Republicans won big at the local, state and national level.

To a certain extent; but Ceeeegar and Obama still think they're winning. Now THAT'S damned funny!

maineman
02-26-2016, 01:49 PM
thats not my reasoning though I have heard some repubs say that.

in my case I refuse to replace the most conservative deity on the highest court with anyone less conservative.

you "refuse"? who the hell gave YOU the right too REFUSE stuff like that? You might PREFER that it went down the way you've dreamed, but that's as much as you get.

PNW
02-26-2016, 02:59 PM
A sure tell sign you have no answer!

No, if one applies logic and intelligence to my statement one could only conclude the obvious, there are far too many answers to list.
But this forum is full of conservatives and logic and intelligence rarely if ever is used.

Peter1469
02-26-2016, 04:23 PM
Obama doesn't have a Constitutional right to fill a SCOTUS vacancy. He has the DUTY to nominate a replacement which the Senate can then approve or deny. Who's preventing him for doing this?

Where do you Liberals come up with such moronic talking points?

More evidence you're clueless of what the Constitution says and merely parrot DNC talking points you're gullibly fed like a lemming.

You got it. They are talking points.