PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire GOP Rep.: ‘The Pope Is The Anti-Christ’

AeonPax
02-26-2016, 04:30 AM
`
`
A New Hampshire state representative who once said Donald Trump is the only politician she believes in came to the Republican candidate’s defense during his tiff with Pope Francis on Thursday, calling the Pope “the anti-Christ.” - Source (http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/susan-delemus-pope-antichrist)

I wish these loons would make up their minds. I thought Obama was the anti-christ.

Peter1469
02-26-2016, 05:44 AM
Harry Reid too. Oh wait, he is just a gangster.

Private Pickle
02-26-2016, 07:42 AM
`
`
A New Hampshire state representative who once said Donald Trump is the only politician she believes in came to the Republican candidate’s defense during his tiff with Pope Francis on Thursday, calling the Pope “the anti-Christ.” - Source (http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/susan-delemus-pope-antichrist)

I wish these loons would make up their minds. I thought Obama was the anti-christ.

Are you religious? Do you have an understanding of the Pope's position and it's interpretation by other Christian sects like Lutheranism?

Standing Wolf
02-26-2016, 07:49 AM
I read a book once by some spun-out far Right evangelical writer named Salem Kirban that "proved" Henry Kissinger was the anti-Christ.

Standing Wolf
02-26-2016, 07:53 AM
Are you religious? Do you have an understanding of the Pope's position and it's interpretation by other Christian sects like Lutheranism?

While it's true that Martin Luther, John Calvin, and several other Protestant leaders and theologians considered the Papacy as an institution to be "the anti-Christ", I doubt that many members of those denominations today think of the Pope that way. Luther, in particular, has some very odd and unsavory views not reflected in any way by his present day followers.

Private Pickle
02-26-2016, 07:54 AM
While it's true that Martin Luther, John Calvin, and several other Protestant leaders and theologians considered the Papacy as an institution to be "the anti-Christ", I doubt that many members of those denominations today think of the Pope that way. Luther, in particular, has some very odd and unsavory views not reflected in any way by his present day followers.

It differs. There are still some orthodox Lutherans who hold that viewpoint today.

The idea that the Pope is the anti-Christ stems from having a "leader" of the Church. That really isn't supposed to happen until the anti-Christ returns.

AeonPax
02-26-2016, 09:24 AM
`
Do you know the difference sola scriptura and Sacred Tradition?

Private Pickle
02-26-2016, 09:35 AM
`
Do you know the difference sola scriptura and Sacred Tradition?

I do which is interesting given sola scriptura references the bible as the supreme authority on religious doctrine and practice...not the pope... I think you mean prima scriptura which is the doctrine that canonized scripture is the supreme authority...

AeonPax
02-26-2016, 09:44 AM
I do which is interesting given sola scriptura references the bible as the supreme authority on religious doctrine and practice...not the pope... I think you mean prima scriptura which is the doctrine that canonized scripture is the supreme authority...
`
I meant what I said. The protestants use sola scriptura which basically states the Bible ALONE is the only way to salvation while the Catholics, look outside the bible for salvation from studying the life of Jesus. Any protestant can interpret the bible anyway they please whereas the catholics are bound by the churches teachings, done through the Magisterium of the church.

Private Pickle
02-26-2016, 09:56 AM
`
I meant what I said. The protestants use sola scriptura which basically states the Bible ALONE is the only way to salvation while the Catholics, look outside the bible for salvation from studying the life of Jesus. Any protestant can interpret the bible anyway they please whereas the catholics are bound by the churches teachings, done through the Magisterium of the church.

That's what I said...you didn't... You incorrectly attributed sola scriptura to Catholics... The Catholics use prima scriptura which is why other sects of Christianity view the pope as the anti-Christ. Per the bible (sola scriptura) there is no head of the church...only the scripture.

You are incorrect on protestant interpretations though... What sola scriptura does say is that you can have a head of your church but the bible's requirements are foremost. Each protestant sect has a different interpretation and each church expects it's members to adhere by those interpretations.

AeonPax
02-26-2016, 10:02 AM
That's what I said...you didn't... You incorrectly attributed sola scriptura to Catholics... The Catholics use prima scriptura which is why other sects of Christianity view the pope as the anti-Christ. Per the bible (sola scriptura) there is no head of the church...only the scripture.You are incorrect on protestant interpretations though... What sola scriptura does say is that you can have a head of your church but the bible's requirements are foremost. Each protestant sect has a different interpretation and each church expects it's members to adhere by those interpretations.
`
Lay off the drinking so early in the morning. You are seeing things that don't exist.

Private Pickle
02-26-2016, 10:12 AM
`
Lay off the drinking so early in the morning. You are seeing things that don't exist.

Back peddle more Ad Hom queen.

Chris
02-26-2016, 01:24 PM
`

Commenting about members drinking or drugging or medications or etc is bad faith. Stick to topic, please.

AeonPax
02-26-2016, 02:19 PM
Point well taken.

Tahuyaman
02-26-2016, 02:53 PM
Every Pope in my lifetime has been called the antichrist by someone. I've heard most every pro inmate world leader called the antichrist by someone.

who cares.......

Tahuyaman
02-26-2016, 02:56 PM
`
I meant what I said. The protestants use sola scriptura which basically states the Bible ALONE is the only way to salvation while the Catholics, look outside the bible for salvation .......

No, the way to salvation is the acceptance of Jesus Christ as the one and only true living God, no matter which books of faith one may read, or what denomination you choose membership in.