PDA

View Full Version : tPF The Only Choice

Chris
02-26-2016, 10:25 AM
Not sure I will vote for him but he does offer another choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0Fdr4wvdwo

Cigar
02-26-2016, 10:49 AM
There are no choices in this Election ....

AeonPax
02-26-2016, 11:04 AM
`
`
Interesting. The name looks familiar but that's about it.

suds00
02-26-2016, 11:29 AM
former governor of new mexico.president of marijuana company.libertarian.

Chris
02-26-2016, 11:35 AM
`
`

He along with the Green Party are suing the duopoly to get a place in the national debates.

Truth Detector
02-26-2016, 11:36 AM
Not sure I will vote for him but he does offer another choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0Fdr4wvdwo

Yep, just what the country needs; a Libertarian loony who will not win a single state.

:rofl:

Truth Detector
There are no choices in this Election ....

This describes the Democratic nomination process perfectly. :biglaugh:

Chris
Yep, just what the country needs; a Libertarian loony who will not win a single state.

Nice name calling, detector. Got anything else, at all?

Truth Detector
02-26-2016, 11:37 AM
He along with the Green Party are suing the duopoly to get a place in the national debates.

Yeah; he'll have as much success winning that argument as he would becoming President.

Chris
02-26-2016, 11:37 AM
This describes the Democratic nomination process perfectly. :biglaugh:

It also describes the Republican process.

Chris
02-26-2016, 11:38 AM
Yeah; he'll have as much success winning that argument as he would becoming President.

It's in the courts not public opinion.

Truth Detector
02-26-2016, 11:38 AM
Nice name calling, detector. Got anything else, at all?

Yeah; get the giant size box of tissues when you engage in the forum with your libertarian nonsense.

TBed by OP.

Please do not respond further to Truth Detector.

Truth Detector
02-26-2016, 11:40 AM

It's in the courts not public opinion.

How does that change anything? Oh wait, it doesn't.

Chris
02-26-2016, 11:40 AM
The Libertarian Party and Green Party and their 2012 candidates for president are readying a legal complaint against the Commission on Presidential Debates...[it] argues that a "cognizable political campaign market" is being corrupted by the commission's rules. The commission, a private entity set up after the League of Women Voters' 1992 debates allowed third party candidate Ross Perot to participate, has withstood yearly assaults from the likes of Ralph Nader, Pat Buchanan, and former Congressman Bob Barr. None of them have gotten past a 1999 commission rule: No candidate gets onstage unless he or she is polling at 15 percent or better.

Bruce Fein, the attorney for the new plaintiffs, argues over 43 pages that keeping them out of a "multi-billion dollar" market violates "antitrust laws, the First Amendment, and District of Columbia tort law."

"The unlawful agreement among Defendants has several illicit purposes," writes Fein. "The first is to acquire, maintain, and exercise duopoly control of the multi-million dollar market in organizing, promoting, sponsoring, and fundraising for holding national general election presidential and vice-presidential debates to artificially advantage the Democratic and Republican Party candidates... the second illicit purpose is to acquire, maintain, and exercise duopoly control over, and to exclude and severely undermine competition in, the multi-billion dollar market of organizing, promoting, fundraising for, and engaging in general presidential and vice-presidential election campaigns."

In an interview, Fein called the new complaint "pioneering,".....

Fein's group is....asking a court to rule that "the fifteen percent criterion used by Defendants continues to violate the First Amendment" and for "an order compelling the dissolution of the Commission and an injunction against any further boycott or other agreement in restraint of trade between the RNC and the DNC or any of their candidates or their agents."

@ Libertarians, Greens ready lawsuit against Commission on Presidential Debates (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/09/24/libertarians-and-greens-ready-lawsuit-against-commission-on-presidential-debates/)

AeonPax
02-26-2016, 11:50 AM
`
I just now gave in to the compulsion to google him. Libertarian....not paleolibertarian like the Paul's.

Chris
02-26-2016, 12:13 PM
`
I just now gave in to the compulsion to google him. Libertarian....not paleolibertarian like the Paul's.

Somewhere in between Ron and Rand--Rand is not a libertarian.

Chris
02-28-2016, 04:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gv5EyukqMo

PolWatch
02-28-2016, 04:23 PM

Anything that will offer voters some real choice is a good thing. Elections are no longer about the will of the people.

Chris
02-28-2016, 05:03 PM
Anything that will offer voters some real choice is a good thing. Elections are no longer about the will of the people.

Exactly. I don't necessarily agree with the Libertarians--and when I see McAfee up there debating, heck I didn't even like his intrusive antivirus software, I cringe--nor the Greens, but give people more choice. It does no harm.

Cletus
02-28-2016, 08:05 PM
`
`

Former Governor of New Mexico. He climbed Everest a few years ago, after leaving office. Pretty serious Libertarian. Was actually a good Governor.

Matty
02-28-2016, 08:08 PM
Foprmer Governor of New Mexico. He climbed Everest a few years ago, after leaving office. Pretty serious Libertarian. Was actually a good Governor.

You know over 5000 people have climbed ( or been dragged) up Everest? K2, just over 300.

Cletus
02-28-2016, 08:11 PM
You know over 5000 people have climbed ( or been dragged) up Everest? K2, just over 300.

Johnson is an extreme athlete. He doesn't need to be dragged anywhere.

AeonPax
02-28-2016, 08:53 PM
Somewhere in between Ron and Rand--Rand is not a libertarian.
`
I'm not even sure what I am anymore, much less who a libertarian is. One thing I like about the Pauls' is that both are against war.

Chris
02-28-2016, 08:58 PM
`
I'm not even sure what I am anymore, much less who a libertarian is. One thing I like about the Pauls' is that both are against war.

That's true, Rand was the only non-neocon seeking nomination. Heck, even Hillary is a neocon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buzOVuzgjFk

Don
02-29-2016, 03:39 PM
Yep, just what the country needs; another Libertarian who sadly cannot win a single state because the establishment politicians and media have rigged it that way. Happily the day will come when they lose that stranglehold on us.

Tahuyaman
02-29-2016, 03:49 PM

Gary Johnson is part of the reason no one can take the Libertarian party seriously either.

Cletus
02-29-2016, 04:58 PM
Gary Johnson is part of the reason no one can take the Libertarian party seriously either.

While I agree that Governor Johnson may not ever be electable on a national scale, I have to disagree with the idea that he is not someone to take seriously. He was a good governor for New Mexico. He fought a lot of battles against the Democrats in the Round House (State Legislature) and was actually the driving force behind the Concealed Carry Act of 2003, which made it possible for New Mexicans to legally carry concealed handguns.

He is smart and he is a pretty decent guy, but I do agree that he will very probably never be POTUS.