PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump LIED About His Position On Libya 2011 In The Debate Last Night

Mark III
02-26-2016, 05:43 PM
This is shooting fish in a barrel, mentioning Donald Trump lies, but he has supporters here, I know. How do they justify such a bold liar as their candidate of choice ?
-
during Thursday night’s Republican presidential debate when the subject of Libya came up, it was mentioned that Sen. Ted Cruz has accused Trump of being in favor of the removal of Muammar Gaddafi from power. Something that Trump vehemently denied ever saying. “He said I was in favor of Libya,” Trump said. “I never discussed that subject. I was in favor of Libya? We would be so much better off if Gaddafi would be in charge right now.” Trump’s comments couldn’t be more clear – he “never discussed that subject.” Except, he has. Politifact gave this comment their worst rating, Pants on Fire, after Buzzfeed found a video blog Trump had done where he discussed Libya and Gaddafi back in 2011.

Here are a few excerpts from Trump’s 2011 video blog: “I can’t believe what our country is doing. Gaddafi in Libya is killing thousands of people, nobody knows how bad it is, and we’re sitting around we have soldiers all have the Middle East, and we’re not bringing them in to stop this horrible carnage and that’s what it is: It’s a carnage.” “You talk about things that have happened in history; this could be one of the worst. Now we should go in, we should stop this guy, which would be very easy and very quick. We could do it surgically, stop him from doing it, and save these lives. This is absolutely nuts. We don’t want to get involved and you’re gonna end up with something like you’ve never seen before.” “But we have to go in to save these lives; these people are being slaughtered like animals. It’s horrible what’s going on; it has to be stopped. We should do on a humanitarian basis, immediately go into Libya, knock this guy out very quickly, very surgically, very effectively, and save the lives.”

Read more at: http://www.forwardprogressives.com/donald-trump-gets-busted-for-pants-on-fire-lie-about-comments-on-libya/

video from Trump's own mouth
http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/trump-says-removing-gaddafi-was-mistake-but-pushed-for-libya

del
02-26-2016, 05:44 PM
what's bill james' take on this?

Matty
02-26-2016, 05:44 PM
He's a liberal. What the hell you expect dude? Lies is what they do.

exotix
02-26-2016, 05:47 PM
He's a liberal. What the hell you expect dude? Lies is what they do.
How does a Lib whup azz in a GOP race ?

http://i63.tinypic.com/m9x74l.gif

Mark III
02-26-2016, 05:47 PM
Maybe Trump thinks Gaddafi could have been stopped without removing him from power, but actually there a couple other videos where Trump talks about Libya after the revolution , and he doesnt say Gaddafi should have stayed in power. He says the US should have demanded half of Libya's oil as the price for helping the rebels.

del
02-26-2016, 05:49 PM
you are lame. go whine somewhere else

whine?

lol

has a-rod endorsed hillary yet?

Matty
02-26-2016, 05:53 PM
whine?

lol

No no but the democrats said he fucked Palin's daughter. Titilating no?

Mark III
whine?

lol

I decided to delete my comment. Stay on topic.

Mark III
No no but the democrats said he $#@!ed Palin's daughter. Titilating no?

Address the topic.

Matty
02-26-2016, 05:55 PM
Address the topic.

It's about lying innit? There ya go.

del
02-26-2016, 05:56 PM
No no but the democrats said he fucked Palin's daughter. Titilating no?

he probably did.

everyone else has.

Matty
02-26-2016, 05:59 PM
he probably did.

everyone else has.

I won't tell your wife. Promise.

Mark III
02-26-2016, 05:59 PM
It's about lying innit? There ya go.

You rarely make any sense. I guess I just have to accept that and move on.

del
02-26-2016, 06:01 PM
I won't tell your wife. Promise.

okay

that was funny

texan
02-26-2016, 06:02 PM
This is shooting fish in a barrel, mentioning Donald Trump lies, but he has supporters here, I know. How do they justify such a bold liar as their candidate of choice ?
-
during Thursday night’s Republican presidential debate when the subject of Libya came up, it was mentioned that Sen. Ted Cruz has accused Trump of being in favor of the removal of Muammar Gaddafi from power. Something that Trump vehemently denied ever saying. “He said I was in favor of Libya,” Trump said. “I never discussed that subject. I was in favor of Libya? We would be so much better off if Gaddafi would be in charge right now.” Trump’s comments couldn’t be more clear – he “never discussed that subject.” Except, he has. Politifact gave this comment their worst rating, Pants on Fire, after Buzzfeed found a video blog Trump had done where he discussed Libya and Gaddafi back in 2011.

Here are a few excerpts from Trump’s 2011 video blog: “I can’t believe what our country is doing. Gaddafi in Libya is killing thousands of people, nobody knows how bad it is, and we’re sitting around we have soldiers all have the Middle East, and we’re not bringing them in to stop this horrible carnage and that’s what it is: It’s a carnage.” “You talk about things that have happened in history; this could be one of the worst. Now we should go in, we should stop this guy, which would be very easy and very quick. We could do it surgically, stop him from doing it, and save these lives. This is absolutely nuts. We don’t want to get involved and you’re gonna end up with something like you’ve never seen before.” “But we have to go in to save these lives; these people are being slaughtered like animals. It’s horrible what’s going on; it has to be stopped. We should do on a humanitarian basis, immediately go into Libya, knock this guy out very quickly, very surgically, very effectively, and save the lives.”

Read more at: http://www.forwardprogressives.com/donald-trump-gets-busted-for-pants-on-fire-lie-about-comments-on-libya/

video from Trump's own mouth
http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/trump-says-removing-gaddafi-was-mistake-but-pushed-for-libya

I hate to get toooooo technical on you and am not the Trump supporter you refer to, but Cruz accused him of saying it in a previous debate as I recall. So Trump did not lie about not saying it on stage with him.

Mark III
02-26-2016, 06:22 PM
I hate to get toooooo technical on you and am not the Trump supporter you refer to, but Cruz accused him of saying it in a previous debate as I recall. So Trump did not lie about not saying it on stage with him.

“He said I was in favor of Libya,” Trump said. “I never discussed that subject. I was in favor of Libya? We would be so much better off if Gaddafi would be in charge right now.”

"We would be so much better off if Gaddafi would be in charge right now."

There is a video , linked in the OP, where Trump says we should "take this guy out". in 2011.

I don't think it gets much clearer than that. In terms of changing one's story, this is a slam dunk.

I do realize that there are always ways to try and spin something, but I don't see it here.

del
02-26-2016, 06:24 PM
at this point, what does it matter?

Tahuyaman
02-26-2016, 06:29 PM
Maybe Trump thinks Gaddafi could have been stopped without removing him from power, but actually there a couple other videos where Trump talks about Libya after the revolution , and he doesnt say Gaddafi should have stayed in power. He says the US should have demanded half of Libya's oil as the price for helping the rebels.

Donald Trump is the typical liberal. He says whatever he thinks he needs to say based on the audience he's addressing at the time.

Mark III
02-26-2016, 06:39 PM
at this point, what does it matter?

Your bitterness about politics really seems to effect your ability to take part in any sort of reasonable discussion

del
02-26-2016, 06:40 PM
Your bitterness about politics really seems to effect your ability to take part in any sort of reasonable discussion

affect is the verb

effect is the noun

you're welcome

any word from bill james yet?

Mark III
02-26-2016, 06:41 PM
affect is the verb

effect is the noun

you're welcome

any word from bill james yet?

stop contaminating my threads with drivel or i will have to find out how to thread ban

hanger4
02-26-2016, 06:45 PM

Probably much the same way you ignore Hillary's bold face lies. With Eyes Wide Shut.

del
02-26-2016, 06:45 PM
stop contaminating my threads with drivel or i will have to find out how to thread ban

well, first you need the tfp prefix on the op

there's a little box on the top left when you start a thread

then when someone hands you your ass in a basket contaminates your thread with drivel, contact a mod to thread ban them.

would it be bad form for me to point out that the majority of your threads start with drivel (bill james) and go downhill from there?

i suppose it would

hanger4
02-26-2016, 06:47 PM

tPF prefix and request.