PDA

View Full Version : tPF How Donald Trump Answers A Question

OGIS
02-27-2016, 03:41 PM
This excellent video parses out the mechanics of Donald Trump's appeal. It is actually a little frightening, particularly the part about Trump's FK score. As a writer, I strive to write for 4th graders, but I can never seem to get under 7th grade. Trump has an FK score of 4.1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aFo_BV-UzI

Mark III
02-27-2016, 03:49 PM
You can look at an interview of Trump from 15 or 20 or 30 years ago, and he is talking the same. He didn't design this for his presidential campaign.

I'm sure there is something to the analysis but I think this is also a little bit of overthinking it.

People's pattern of speech is habit.

PNW
02-27-2016, 04:01 PM
That explains a lot really. Most conservatives operate at a lower than 4 grade level so donny does in fact sound 'smart' to to them.

Peter1469
02-27-2016, 04:10 PM
That explains a lot really. Most conservatives operate at a lower than 4 grade level so donny does in fact sound 'smart' to to them.

Do you have any sort of evidence to support that wild claim?

OGIS
02-27-2016, 04:17 PM

Please stop the ad hom. First/last warning. The fact of the matter is this: all good communication IS at a FK score of around 4.0. Smart writers of business memos, military communications, and so forth all strive to be understood. For heaven sake, Pulitzer Prize winner Ernest Hemingway, the Great American Novelist, had an FK of around 4.

Look at this: