PDA

View Full Version : tPF Why Donald Trump Is A Gift To Democracy

OGIS
02-27-2016, 03:44 PM
The guy that does these videos is very smart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tji1g0WrPw

Peter1469
02-27-2016, 04:22 PM
Good video

suds00
02-28-2016, 03:45 PM
everyone's out to make a buck

Don
02-28-2016, 09:52 PM
There is a program on Fox News right now where the Republican candidates are being interviewed one at a time with most of the questions being asked directly from the audience. Kasich did his by satellite but it didn't take away from the interview. They each got a fair chance to speak on the issues. The only one not there was trump. He had other commitments and wasn't able to appear in person or by satellite. Not one candidate was reduced to respond to the "you're fat, ugly, gay, Spanish, stupid, nasty, no one likes you, you're a loser etc, etc, etc... without the media Trump would be a non person. Unlike Trump they all spoke about how they thought the issues could be addressed instead of just saying they would do it, believe them, they would do it better than anyone. Screw Trump and the media who aids and abets him. The media does not care about this country.

Adelaide
02-29-2016, 09:48 AM
It's no surprise that the media produces content that gets them the highest ratings that inadvertently benefits someone like Donald Trump, but I think the numbers and the graphs in the video would surprise people who don't follow this every day (normal people who spend their free time outdoors or something, not forum junkies lol). Anyways, good video.

I try not to watch too much from the major news groups like Fox or CNN - I often turn the channel much to the exasperation of my roommate who would watch Fox news all damn day if he could and I didn't turn. But aside from my unusual dislike for Bret Baier (he looks like the kid who beat everyone up in middle school, something about his face...) it's also because I get tired of hearing the same news over and over again. I want to know what is happening in the world. I don't need to hear the same Trump story 10 times in 2 hours. It is completely aggravating.

OGIS
02-29-2016, 10:00 AM
It's no surprise that the media produces content that gets them the highest ratings that inadvertently benefits someone like Donald Trump, but I think the numbers and the graphs in the video would surprise people who don't follow this every day (normal people who spend their free time outdoors or something, not forum junkies lol). Anyways, good video.

I try not to watch too much from the major news groups like Fox or CNN - I often turn the channel much to the exasperation of my roommate who would watch Fox news all damn day if he could and I didn't turn. But aside from my unusual dislike for Bret Baier (he looks like the kid who beat everyone up in middle school, something about his face...) it's also because I get tired of hearing the same news over and over again. I want to know what is happening in the world. I don't need to hear the same Trump story 10 times in 2 hours. It is completely aggravating.

I recently finished a clinical trial where everyone was trapped in the study lab for nine days, 24/7. Nothing to do but read, watch TV, and screw around on the computer (if you brought one). I did not, and it was a steady diet of Fox, CNN, and some overly-pneumatic lady named Wendy Williams (is all that rack REAL?). Fox was the worst. I really really really really really got tired of that damned "ALERT!" banner. Seems like the entire format and purpose of Fox News is raise the blood pressure. Almost makes one believe in the fnords.

Adelaide
02-29-2016, 10:04 AM
I recently finished a clinical trial where everyone was trapped in the study lab for nine days, 24/7. Nothing to do but read, watch TV, and screw around on the computer (if you brought one). I did not, and it was a steady diet of Fox, CNN, and some overly-pneumatic lady named Wendy Williams (is all that rack REAL?). Fox was the worst. I really really really really really got tired of that damned "ALERT!" banner. Seems like the entire format and purpose of Fox News is raise the blood pressure. Almost makes one believe in the fnords.

Yes Fox is very bad for their misleading "alerts". They're reporting the same news that they reported numerous times hours or days earlier as an "alert" at 6pm and later. It probably has to do with the fact people get home from work around then and turn on their television. They see the "alert" and assume it's because of a terrorist attack or shooting and it turns out to be that Trump sneezed or something.

I watched a documentary about Fox News (forget the name) but a major point was that their graphics and language are often misleading. Goal is ratings and the next goal is pleasing Roger Ailes who sends directives to his hosts as to what they should cover or not cover.

Peter1469
02-29-2016, 04:28 PM

I bet he would like Ancient Aliens or Ghost Hunters. Just say'in.

Tahuyaman
02-29-2016, 06:10 PM
Why Donald Trump Is A Gift To Democracy

The only way one can say he's a gift to democracy is if his buffoonery gets people to finally wake up.

I have my doubts though. I think right now too many people are too far gone. It's going to take something unforeseen to wake people up.