PDA

View Full Version : Abortion

Stuck_In_California
09-15-2012, 06:44 AM
The big problem with the abortion discussion in America today is that it always revolves around legal decisions and not scientific fact. Scientifically, the "fetus" is a human being: He/She has human blood, human flesh, human DNA, which makes him or her human; not a dog, not a cat, not a bird, but human. And when he or she is sucked through a vacuum tube and destroyed, what has just been destroyed is a human life. That is science. That is fact.

What is all too often being focused on instead though is the "legalisms" of "personhood", whether or not the child in the womb is legally a person and therefore whether or not the child in the womb has the right to live and not be killed as all persons do. Does anyone know what is wrong with that? What is wrong with that is, that is what was done to the slaves. Their blood and DNA were human too, scientifically they were human beings like anybody else, but the law denied them personhood and thus their rights could be denied them, and that is what is being done here too. Today, just as then, the law flies in the face of scientific fact.

Abortion is the destruction of human life. Thats science. I don't care what a judge says or what a lawyer says: What I am saying is SCIENCE and is FACT. The child in the womb, scientifically is a human being, and therefore killing him or her is murder.

And one other thing: It is also a fact that the DNA of the child in the womb is unique and different from the mother's DNA, which blows out of the water the argument that "I can do what I want with my body", because its not the woman's body, it is an entirely seperate person, with the right to life. The child in the womb, scientifically, is a unique person.

So, what do we call it when someone snuffs out the life of of an innocent person? In a civilized society, we call it murder.

http://www.lifesite.net/fetaldevelopment/images/samuel2.jpg

Chris
09-15-2012, 07:46 AM
Agreed, the unborn is living and is human and as such has rights.

patrickt
09-15-2012, 09:39 AM
The big problem in abortion and most other discussions in the U.S. is that the two extremes dominate thanks in part to the liberal media. At one extreme, wearing condoms is killing and at the other extreme babies that have been born alive can be killed. On guns, either people can have all sorts of weapons capable of mass murder or all weapons, as in Britain, will be proscribed. Either deadbeats get a middle-class income without lifting a finger or there is no safety net.

Logical, rational arguments don't make good shows on television.

Stuck_In_California
09-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Agreed, the unborn is living and is human and as such has rights.
Yes.

The big problem in abortion and most other discussions in the U.S. is that the two extremes dominate thanks in part to the liberal media. At one extreme, wearing condoms is killing and at the other extreme babies that have been born alive can be killed..........
I have heard the latter but I have never heard the former.

Captain Obvious
09-15-2012, 02:41 PM
The point where life begins would not be a debate if it weren't for the abortion subject.

Stuck_In_California
09-15-2012, 03:07 PM
The point where life begins would not be a debate if it weren't for the abortion subject.

Hmmm. I am not so sure. It might not be a debate in the public square, but theologians and doctors and philosophers would debate it.

It also comes into play when somebody murders a pregnant woman. Ironically they get charged for a double-murder in many states.

Captain Obvious
09-15-2012, 03:19 PM
If there were even a marginal chance of something other than life occurring when sperm meets egg, then I'd say there is basis for debate.

Stuck_In_California
09-15-2012, 03:22 PM
If there were even a marginal chance of something other than life occurring when sperm meets egg, then I'd say there is basis for debate.

Oh, I agree. As far as I'm concerned there is no debate.

Chris
09-15-2012, 03:22 PM

Something other than human life.... I think once you realize this, the notion of debating it makes little sense. Historically, as Stuck_In_California is saying, it's been debated because there was no medical science to settle the debate, so they argued about personhood, ensoulment, and such.