PDA

View Full Version : Bombshell

exotix
03-05-2016, 09:33 PM
http://www.evga.com/articles/00968/Bombshell/?utm_source=Mar01&utm_medium=bombshell&utm_campaign=marchnewsletter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=889MrvFWf5U

http://i66.tinypic.com/35cq2wm.jpg

Private Pickle
03-05-2016, 09:46 PM
IMPress Polly

Would LOVE your review on this!

IMPress Polly
03-06-2016, 07:01 AM
Sure Private Pickle. Here's my summation:

As you might expect from a title that was originally conceived of as a Duke Nukem game before being remade into this due to copyright issues resulting from a corporate splintering, and for that matter as a title that someone with all of exotix's taste might recommend, Bombshell is a lazy, generic shoot-'em-up where you hear the same dumb '90s-era film puns from the protagonist over and over again about 40 times per unimaginative stage wherein you slay countless copies of the same enemies again and again...and again and again and again and again and again and again and again, generally with underpowered weapons.

Narratively, Bombshell offers players a generic revenge story about saving the Earth from space aliens that you learn essentially nothing about until you're subjected to some lengthy exposition during the final boss fight because who cares, you're there to shoot things. The graphics and visual style are generic and boring because who cares, you're there to shoot things. The music is GrassrootsConservative's fare (generic metal) that, together with what's (as explained a moment ago) some of the worst, laziest, most repetitive writing I've ever heard from a video game in my life, will have you quickly reaching for the mute button, because who cares, you're there to shoot things. And just for added measure, the developer was too lazy to bother fixing a frequent supply of in-game bugs and glitches because who cares, you're there to shoot things. Defeating the game's lame bosses is a matter of luck, not skill, because they consistently cheat. What else? Oh yeah, Bombshell attempts to pass itself off as an RPG simply because it takes place from an isometric perspective and has nominal character customization features and the occasional, optional, industry-standard fetch quest minigame on offer, but yeah that's obviously a sham. This is just an especially lazy shoot-'em-up title in reality.

In short, Bombshell is an idiotic power fantasy that would have been bland two decades ago where it belongs and today is utterly inexcusable. Worse, it's not even "so bad it's good". Rather, like an Adam Sandler picture, it's just plain bad. I give it a 1 out of 10: worst game I've played since Devil's Third (also a poorly constructed, mindless shoot-'em-up) came out last year. Like its aforementioned source material, Bombshell is pure, cynical shovel ware that assumes all you, the player, care about is killing stuff (or trying to anyway) and that therefore the rest doesn't matter. Try it at your own peril.

exotix
03-06-2016, 07:26 AM

As you might expect from a title that was originally conceived of as a Duke Nukem game before being remade into this due to copyright issues resulting from a corporate splintering, and for that matter as a title that someone with all of exotix's taste might recommend, Bombshell is a lazy, generic shoot-'em-up where you hear the same dumb '90s-era film puns from the protagonist over and over again about 40 times per unimaginative stage wherein you slay countless copies of the same enemies again and again...and again and again and again and again and again and again and again, generally with underpowered weapons.

Narratively, Bombshell offers players a generic revenge story about saving the Earth from space aliens that you learn essentially nothing about until you're subjected to some lengthy exposition just before the final boss fight because who cares, you're there to shoot things. The graphics and visual style are generic and boring because who cares, you're there to shoot things. The music is GrassrootsConservative's fare (generic metal) that, together with what's (as explained a moment ago) some of the worst, laziest, most repetitive writing I've ever heard from a video game in my life, will have you quickly reaching for the mute button, because who cares, you're there to shoot things. And just for added measure, the developer was too lazy to bother fixing a frequent supply of in-game bugs and glitches because who cares, you're there to shoot things. Defeating the game's lame bosses is a matter of luck, not skill, because they consistently cheat. What else? Oh yeah, Bombshell attempts to pass itself off as an RPG simply because it takes place from an isometric perspective and has nominal character customization features and the occasional, optional, industry-standard fetch quest minigame on offer, but yeah that's obviously a sham. This is just an especially lazy shoot-'em-up title in reality.

In short, Bombshell is an idiotic power fantasy that would have been bland two decades ago where it belongs and today is utterly inexcusable. Worse, it's not even "so bad it's good". Rather, like an Adam Sandler picture, it's just plain bad. I give it a 1 out of 10: worst game I've played since Devil's Third (also a poorly constructed, mindless shoot-'em-up) came out last year. Like its aforementioned source material, Bombshell is pure, cynical shovel ware that assumes all you, the player, care about is killing stuff (or trying to anyway) and that therefore the rest doesn't matter. Try it at your own peril.I think he meant at 60 FPS at 1080p ... how do the latest graphics solutions fair ?

IMPress Polly
03-06-2016, 07:32 AM
Here's a video review I broadly agree with that will help give you an idea of how the game play looks and sounds and so forth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuLJ8TCXt6U

Private Pickle
03-07-2016, 02:14 PM

Narratively, Bombshell offers players a generic revenge story about saving the Earth from space aliens that you learn essentially nothing about until you're subjected to some lengthy exposition during the final boss fight because who cares, you're there to shoot things. The graphics and visual style are generic and boring because who cares, you're there to shoot things. The music is GrassrootsConservative's fare (generic metal) that, together with what's (as explained a moment ago) some of the worst, laziest, most repetitive writing I've ever heard from a video game in my life, will have you quickly reaching for the mute button, because who cares, you're there to shoot things. And just for added measure, the developer was too lazy to bother fixing a frequent supply of in-game bugs and glitches because who cares, you're there to shoot things. Defeating the game's lame bosses is a matter of luck, not skill, because they consistently cheat. What else? Oh yeah, Bombshell attempts to pass itself off as an RPG simply because it takes place from an isometric perspective and has nominal character customization features and the occasional, optional, industry-standard fetch quest minigame on offer, but yeah that's obviously a sham. This is just an especially lazy shoot-'em-up title in reality.

In short, Bombshell is an idiotic power fantasy that would have been bland two decades ago where it belongs and today is utterly inexcusable. Worse, it's not even "so bad it's good". Rather, like an Adam Sandler picture, it's just plain bad. I give it a 1 out of 10: worst game I've played since Devil's Third (also a poorly constructed, mindless shoot-'em-up) came out last year. Like its aforementioned source material, Bombshell is pure, cynical shovel ware that assumes all you, the player, care about is killing stuff (or trying to anyway) and that therefore the rest doesn't matter. Try it at your own peril.

So what are you really trying to say here?

Safety
03-07-2016, 02:31 PM
Here's a video review I broadly agree with that will help give you an idea of how the game play looks and sounds and so forth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuLJ8TCXt6U

Wow, that was hideous. Seems like something suited for an iPhone or iPad for $1.99.

IMPress Polly
03-07-2016, 03:49 PM
Private Pickle wrote:
So what are you really trying to say here?

lol!

Safety wrote:
Wow, that was hideous. Seems like something suited for an iPhone or iPad for $1.99.

And yet it will cost you $35. I'm SO glad I only rent "AAA" games anymore because this would've been a return for sure, and I wouldn't have gotten more than $1 back for it.